Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that Zygarde Complete doesn't change back to 10% or 50% when its HP reaches a certain point, this thing will be even more powerful with support from wish or healing wish.
With that massive HP it seems to have, good luck doing big enough heals with Wish (Not counting Chansey, Blissey or lol Alomomola).

I'm really disappointed that Zygarde doesn't learn Curse. I would totally try out a gimmicky set involving Curse and Core Enforcer.
Unless I'm missing something about Code Enforcer, why use Curse when Zygarde already learns Coil? An increase in accuracy is way better than a drop in speed.

Unless I'm missing something about Code Enforcer, why use Curse when Zygarde already learns Coil? An increase in accuracy is way better than a drop in speed.
Core Enforcer's secondary effect - stripping opponents of their ability - only works when Zygarde goes last. Assuming Core Enforcer has 100% accuracy (which we do not know if it's true or not), Zygarde would have no use for an Accuracy boost.

Hi, i'm ralddy and i'm new. About perfect zygarde stats i think zygarde'll have
+300 BST next stats:
216/160/140/160/125/99

My main laguage is spanish
I'm from Dominican Republic

Hi, i'm ralddy and i'm new. About perfect zygarde stats i think zygarde'll have
+300 BST next stats:
216/160/140/160/125/99

My main laguage is spanish
I'm from Dominican Republic
Welcome to OI! Unfortunately speculation like this isn't allowed here, but you're of course welcome to jump into the discussion!

I can't really see GF making Zygarde *that* broken, although I suppose when you give a Legendary Pokemon 216 base HP, anything's possible.

Welcome to OI! Unfortunately speculation like this isn't allowed here, but you're of course welcome to jump into the discussion!

I can't really see GF making Zygarde *that* broken, although I suppose when you give a Legendary Pokemon 216 base HP, anything's possible.
Ok,thank

Dude, this is Gamefreak.

Look at what they did to Mega Salamence and Mega Rayquaza. Do you really expect competitive balance from them? well, mainly concerning singles

On an unrelated note, everyone's been saying that Rockruff is based off of the Hawaiian Poi. While it does have a few traits of it (mainly concerning the rocky collar), it's actually primarily based off of another extinct dog breed who is occasionally confused with the Hawaiian Poi: The Kurī (also known as the Polynesian Dog). These dogs were used primarily as a food source, so it's easy to see why these dogs went extinct.

Dude, this is Gamefreak.

Look at what they did to Mega Salamence and Mega Rayquaza. Do you really expect competitive balance from them?
I think the issue is more that Arceus has base 120 stats across the board. Since in-universe it's essentially God, it should have the highest BST of any Pokemon; however, recently GF has been introducing Megas, Primals, and now Zygarde-Complete which are all stronger than it. It just doesn't sit right with me.

I guess Arceus just needs a Mega similar to Ray, with Judgment instead of DA.

Last edited:
So we can conclude that Vikavolt has at least base 75 HP, possibly more if its HP IV is less than 31.

For comparison, here's the base HP for all fully-evolved, early-game Bugs in earlier generations. Total BST (disregarding Gen VI changes) in brackets:

Butterfree: 60 (385)
Beedrill: 65 (385)
Ledian: 55 (390)
Ariados: 70 (390)
Beautifly: 60 (385)
Dustox: 60 (385)
Kricketune: 77 (384)
Leavanny: 75 (490)
Scolipede: 60 (475)
Vivillon: 80 (411)

The "early evolvers" all seem to have fairly low HP, which fits well with their low overall stats and BST. The exceptions are Vivillon, whose stats appear to be "tailored" for better perfomance (comparatively high HP, Sp. Atk and Speed, crap everything else, and a BST much higher than other early bloomers, to boot), and Kricketune, which just seems to focus on HP and Attack overall, the rest of its stats being thoroughly crummy.

Leavanny and Scolipede are both "late bloomers", reaching their final form after high Friendship (no earlier than level 21) and level 30, respectively. They also have a much higher BST than the other early-game bugs. Vikavolt was seen evolving at level 28 in a trailer, comfortably following the former two in their tracks.

The conclusion seems to be that Vikavolt is either tuned for a fairly defensive build (which is unlikely with that design, and Electric types don't tend to have high HP), or that it will follow its "late bloomer" cousins and have a fairly high BST for an early-game Bug. The high HP stat just follows the rest of the BST, and it's possible that Vikavolt will excel in other stats as well. Scolipede and Leavanny both have offensive stats above 100, and decent Speed too: 92 for Leavanny, 112 for Scolipede.

From experience we can then expect Vikavolt to have a BST around 480-500, with at least two stats at or around the 100 mark, the rest being around 70, give or take 20. Not a game breaker by BST alone, but given the right moves it should be a solid choice for an in-game team.
ww know that charjabug evolves into vikavolt at lvl 28 or a non-level up method.

ww know that charjabug evolves into vikavolt at lvl 28 or a non-level up method.
No, we don't. A Pokémon that evolves by level will try to evolve every time it gains a level beyond that needed for evolution. So Charjabug could evolve at level 28 OR any level before that. Or, of course, a criterion other than strictly level.

Just because we only saw it evolve at X level doesn't mean that it can't evolve at a level Y that is less than X.

isn't thousand arrows a ground type move?

but core enforcer benefits from the drop in speed
Yes a ground type move that negates all immunities to ground outside of wonder guard. Put a dragon type move that negates abilities(apparently) and you got near perfect coverage except vs Whimsicott and cutiefly.

Where can i talk about posibles stats zygarde and other pokemons?
You can talk about other new Pokemon and your opinions of them right here; the only thing that's not allowed is baseless speculation. If you do want to talk about Zygarde's stats, I'd highly recommend joining OI's IRC channel. Just a heads-up, though, it's pretty dead these days.

You can talk about other new Pokemon and your opinions of them right here; the only thing that's not allowed is baseless speculation. If you do want to talk about Zygarde's stats, I'd highly recommend joining OI's IRC channel. Just a heads-up, though, it's pretty dead these days.
Gracias, i'm going to give my opinion about New pokemon tomorrow here

108 is 50% of 216 so it could possibly have double the stats of Zygrade-50.

Last edited:
With that massive HP it seems to have, good luck doing big enough heals with Wish (Not counting Chansey, Blissey or lol Alomomola).
Maybe a nice Heal Pulse support in doubles? However, the trickier part would be getting Zygarde to <59% HP - so either your opponent doesn't focus it at all OR focuses it down in one turn.

Reactions: JES

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
No, we don't. A Pokémon that evolves by level will try to evolve every time it gains a level beyond that needed for evolution. So Charjabug could evolve at level 28 OR any level before that. Or, of course, a criterion other than strictly level.

Just because we only saw it evolve at X level doesn't mean that it can't evolve at a level Y that is less than X.
Well, we never actually see it go from battling -> Winning a fight -> Evolving. So it could evolve at any level up to 41. I mean, it's unlikely and is likely to be closer to the Starters (~16 -> ~36) or to the other bug types like Venipede (22 -> 30). Hell, the Lv 28 Charjabug is WILD and fighting a Fearow... So why anyone would link that level to evolution is beyond me. It's not exactly uncommon to have overlevelled middle mons in the wild... You can find Lv30 Kakuna in the Safari Zone in ORAS and there are probably lots of other examples. We have no concrete evidence about what level Grubbin evolves into Charjabug, or when Charjabug then evolves into Vikavolt. All we know is the transformation is complete (likely) before Level 41.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)