ORAS Ubers Viability Ranking Thread (Final ORAS Update - Post #1164)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regular Groudon to D

Why ever use this over Primal Groudon again?

Is it seriously the lack of a Ground weakness? Because it's 4KOed instead of 2KOed by Primal Groudon's Precipice Blades? Is that IT?

It's still outclassed by Primal Groudon in every other way. I don't know about everyone else, but when I'm fighting Primal Groudon, I leave things to the actually decent Ground-immune answers.

Regular Groudon has such a tiny niche that it's not really worth using.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
It checks ekiller well and purely physical variants of primal groudon ok which isnt something a lot of mons can claim to compress in one slot and certainly isn't something primal groudon can do(has to run a more physdef spread to check ekiller and lol at other pdon checking). When you consider D is straight up unviable mons while C- is for the smallest of niches I think it's current rank is fair.

Not to hijack this thread, but I am going to hijack this thread for a second for a trip down memory lane~

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-ubers-viability-ranking-thread.3523419/

Golly gee, it sure is fascinating to take a look at what we all thought the metagame was like when we first started playing it! There are some super amazing surprises in store for us, including the following:

• The A+ powerhouse known as Dark Arceus
  • Water Arceus sharing the same rank as Genesect and GLISCOR
  • The very useful regular Sableye chilling there in B-
  • Mega Lucario in C, below Tar Monster and Tentacruel
  • No, seriously, Gliscor is B+ rank. GLISCOR!!!
  • Palkia is also B+, and I literally didn't even notice because it isn't even close to being out of place compared to a few other mons there
  • Regular Kyogre is B rank, the same as Excadrill
  • Regular Diancie and Hippowdon are ranked unironically, while Bronzong is nowhere to be found
  • Arceus-Dragon being the same rank as Arceus-Psychic
I also learned a lot from reading through the first page of the thread, including that Primal Groudon invalidates Water Arceus, Scizor checks everything (shoutouts me), and Mewtwo is a dominant force in the metagame. We sure had a good collective grasp on ORAS Ubers when it first came out!

Now that Chansey has an Ubers analysis and everything, where would it stand on the rankings?
I'm guessing B-? Because of the Shadow Tag weakness? (One rank under Blissey)

Regular Groudon to D

Why ever use this over Primal Groudon again?

Is it seriously the lack of a Ground weakness? Because it's 4KOed instead of 2KOed by Primal Groudon's Precipice Blades? Is that IT?

It's still outclassed by Primal Groudon in every other way. I don't know about everyone else, but when I'm fighting Primal Groudon, I leave things to the actually decent Ground-immune answers.

Regular Groudon has such a tiny niche that it's not really worth using.
Choice Band Groudon is a legit set, and is the only niche I can see on it.
For example CB Pblades OHKOes Extreme killer Arceus after Rocks when your pdon gets boped by +2 LO Earthquake.

Quick update on the "lack of update" - I wanted to give this a wide amount of time to get discussion going and let users give their counter arguments if wanted. The thread had been closed for a long time after all.

Expect the first update at the end of this month, or before Ubers Open Round 1, whichever is sooner. I'm unsure what is the ideal time to update until gen 7 but my current thoughts are doing them at the end of each month until SM is out.

Big update incoming!!! To make things look less confusing, new placements will be mentioned against other new mon placements where applicable, as I doubt anyone fully remembers the rankings before this update.

Update List:

Mega Gengar: A+ >>> S (Above Mega Salamence)
Darkrai: S >>> A+ (Top of A+)
Deoxys-A: A- >>> A+ (Above Arceus-Water)
Dialga: B+ >>> A (Above the newly placed Giratina-O)
Lugia: A+ >>> A (Above Arceus-Ghost)
Giratina-O: A+ >>> A- (Bottom of A)
Deoxys-S: A >>> A- (Below the newly placed Yveltal)
Latios: A >>> A- (Above the newly placed Landorus-T)
Landorus-T: B+ >>> A- (Bottom of A-)
Mewtwo: A- >>> B+ (Top of B+)
Mega Sableye: A >>> B+ (Below the newly placed Mewtwo)
Bronzong: B >>> B+ (Below Arceus-Rock)
Mega Mewtwo Y: B >>> B+ (Above Skarmory)
Latias: B+ >>> B (Top of B)
Arceus-Fairy: B- >>> B (Above Zekrom)
Chansey: Unranked >>> B- (Top of B-)
Blissey: B >>> B- (Below the newly placed Chansey)
Mega Slowbro: B- >>> C+ (Above Cresselia)
Ditto: C- >>> C (Top of C)
Mega Blaziken: C+ >>> D (Rest in peace)

Moved Inside Their Rank:

Xerneas
(Top of S)
Arceus-Water (Bottom of A+)
Yveltal (Top of A-)
Mega Kangaskhan (Above Shaymin-S in B+)

Pokemon that did not achieve a majority opinion* for moving (and therefore didn't move):

Arceus-Ground
Arceus-Ghost
Arceus-Normal
Ho-Oh
Rayquaza

*Majority opinion needs more than half the posts in agreement of moving. Like counts on both sides were intitally considered but were found to have major flaws as a method of measurement of support - ZF's post alone would influence more than half the rankings by itself if they were considered. Counting likes on a post also leads to "I agreed with one part, but not x". In future, if you agree with a post, post in agreement for it to count towards an update.

Big update incoming!!! To make things look less confusing, new placements will be mentioned against other new mon placements where applicable, as I doubt anyone fully remembers the rankings before this update.

Update List:

Mega Gengar: A+ >>> S (Above Mega Salamence)
Darkrai: S >>> A+ (Top of A+)
Deoxys-A: A- >>> A+ (Above Arceus-Water)
Dialga: B+ >>> A (Above the newly placed Giratina-O)
Lugia: A+ >>> A (Above Arceus-Ghost)
Giratina-O: A+ >>> A- (Bottom of A)
Deoxys-S: A >>> A- (Below the newly placed Yveltal)
Latios: A >>> A- (Above the newly placed Landorus-T)
Landorus-T: B+ >>> A- (Bottom of A-)
Mewtwo: A- >>> B+ (Top of B+)
Mega Sableye: A >>> B+ (Below the newly placed Mewtwo)
Bronzong: B >>> B+ (Below Arceus-Rock)
Mega Mewtwo Y: B >>> B+ (Above Skarmory)
Latias: B+ >>> B (Top of B)
Arceus-Fairy: B- >>> B (Above Zekrom)
Chansey: Unranked >>> B- (Top of B-)
Blissey: B >>> B- (Below the newly placed Chansey)
Mega Slowbro: B- >>> C+ (Above Cresselia)
Ditto: C- >>> C (Top of C)
Mega Blaziken: C+ >>> D (Rest in peace)
Moved Inside Their Rank:

Xerneas
(Top of S)
Arceus-Water (Bottom of A+)
Yveltal (Top of A-)
Mega Kangaskhan (Above Shaymin-S in B+)

Pokemon that did not achieve a majority opinion* for moving (and therefore didn't move):

Arceus-Ground
Arceus-Ghost
Arceus-Normal
Ho-Oh
Rayquaza

*Majority opinion needs more than half the posts in agreement of moving. Like counts on both sides were intitally considered but were found to have major flaws as a method of measurement of support - ZF's post alone would influence more than half the rankings by itself if they were considered. Counting likes on a post also leads to "I agreed with one part, but not x". In future, if you agree with a post, post in agreement for it to count towards an update.
RIP Metagross.

RIP Metagross.
The mods are in the process of making an official decision towards mons that were originally approved for an analysis and later removed. This is the main reason Tentacruel didn't go anywhere either. Once that's cleared up Metagross will be sorted out.

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Why isn't Clefable ranked?

Do you know how good of an ability Unaware is? Able to reliably counter Geoneas and EK Arceus with it, it can't counter them both at once but it's still a notable niche.

Clefable differences itself from the other general top tier threat counters with Heal Bell and Wish. Wish is really underrated IMO and there are so many Pokemon in the tier that want it, particularly P-Don benefits from Wish support. Blissey can't beat the E-Killer, but Clefable can.

Clefable isn't a very good Pokemon but C- is for Pokemon that are not very good but still have a tiny place in the metagame, which Clefable does.

Somewhere in C-, if I had to choose where it went I'd say in between Lando and Megawile but I really don't care where in it it goes as long as it gets ranked.

There is probably more but they can all come in for free and set up rocks, SD, do damage or even kill Clefable. Most teams have Primal-Groudon which means that you are basically throwing momentum out of the window everytime you switch Clefable into something. We shouldn't forget that Clefable is really weak which means that almost every Pokémon can switch-in without losing much. It's simply not worth using.

If I recall correctly Clefable was unranked in March(God damn this thread is old) after Fireburn made a really good case against it(that Clefable was not worth using over Blissey when comparing bulk and ability to stop special sweepers).

Compare and contrast as well Blissey's one weakness(that's really only on the physical side) in comparison to Clefable's two(thus a worse matchup against threats like Mega Gengar) and the latter's much higher vulnerability to status(the former has Natural Cure so it can just switch out if afflicted).

Clef is just straight outclassed.

Okay so, I just noticed this, but why is Palkia #2 in C rank?
Its use in ORAS is next to none, I can't even recall the last time I saw an ORAS team that had a palkia on it.
I don't think I need to elaborate my point any further.
I'd suggest putting somewhere near the top of D rank.

If I recall correctly Clefable was unranked in March(God damn this thread is old) after Fireburn made a really good case against it(that Clefable was not worth using over Blissey when comparing bulk and ability to stop special sweepers).

Compare and contrast as well Blissey's one weakness(that's really only on the physical side) in comparison to Clefable's two(thus a worse matchup against threats like Mega Gengar) and the latter's much higher vulnerability to status(the former has Natural Cure so it can just switch out if afflicted).

Clef is just straight outclassed.
Nah, Clefable being unranked is pretty ridiculous. Unaware Clefable can beat any Xerneas Set [Unless it's Choice Specs or Moonblast critical hit], Any Darkrai Set [Clefable only fears a LO-boosted sludge bomb, which is less common nowadays with more darkrais opting to run thunder instead], Non-LO Normal Arceus [Toxic Stall], and Yveltal - These are just the most prominent threats that I can think of atm but there are more. Mega-Gengar is the main issue but Clefable works well with something like Pursuit Tyranitar / M-Scizor for "attempting" to get rid of mega-gengar, of course neither are guarantees because it depends on the gengar set and if you can predict correctly but you get the idea. I've personally used both Calm Mind Clefable [to beat stallbreakers like rest talk xern] and Toxic Clefable to success myself. Clefable can also Heal Bell which is a pretty big deal considering how status-heavy ORAS Ubers is. Lastly Primal Groudon isn't a a completely safe switch into Clefable because you still have to worry about Toxic, although it switches in easily on a predicted moonlight / wish / heal bell or whatever.

Also I don't think it's fair to compare Blissey and Clefable...both perform similar but different roles on a team. I'm not saying Clefable is super amazing or anything, to be honest the only team I normally use clefable on is my modified version of donkey's spl team which is Tyranitar / Clefable / Ferro / Lugia / Giratina-O / Rock Arceus, which I can tell you from experience works well. Another thing that works against Clefable is that it's very hard to fit onto teams so you don't see it much, although it's a good addition to stall teams, although from talking to respected players in the ubers room everybody says stall "doesn't work" anymore, which I disagree with so my point still stands, it's an excellent option for stall teams.

TL;DR I believe that although Clefable has it's disadvantages, most notably being Mega-Gengar weak and Primal Groudon bait, and it's inability to fit onto most teams, I believe that it's advantages are strong enough to justify a spot on the viability rankings and that it belongs somewhere in C Rank.

Last edited:

mags

Banned deucer.
I'm so confused with clef ima post some calcs

252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 248+ SpD Clefable: 177-208 (45 - 52.9%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Clefable: 160-190 (40.7 - 48.3%) -- 9.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

You need to be fully invested into spd to even come close 2 being a good xern switchin (it's still not) and you need to be fully invested into def to be able to take on ekiller (that's a jolly no lo ekiller). Same goes darkrai/tveltal. Pretty sure specially defensive is way better than physical in terms of checking decent amount of threats and in ubers you kinda want each mon on a team to being doing more than just 1 thing. Lets pretend you actually can pursuit trap mgar (what mgar lacks focusblast/wisp). You need protect to make sure you aren't 2hko'd by xern. Wish is the obvious healing move to run with protect but anyone that uses wish/tect knows that you are going to have to wish then tect to actually heal clefable if ur opponent decides to switch out into pdon when you wish. Giving the opponent free turns to get hazards or just setup. You could decide to wishpass to whatever mon that checks whoever switched into clef (bar mgar). Then clefable is left with not 100% hp meaning it can't check what it's supposed to check. Blissey doesn't have this problem because it can run softboiled. It also can run lefties>shed shell with an attack so it racks up less hazard damage. On top of both sets are not mgar bait. Howver clef can check ygod a lot better than bliss. Overall clef just has 2 many problems to be ran in the current ubers meta cause it can't reliably heal itself without letting the other team get free turns, it has 2 many weaknesses which just corrupt any team, and pretty much outclassed by a blob at what it does. Note I said pretty much and totally outclassed. As far as I can see it has no valuable niche in the ubers tier that other pokemon can't do better.

edit: if you choose to run moonlight you won't be able to rack up hp with lefties, u can be 2hko'd by xern, and moonlight has 8pp,,,,,,,

Last edited:
There are plenty of reasons mentioned above to put it on the viability list.
Most of you seem to have forgotten that it is not a contender for being S rank, but for being ranked.
I think that C-/C does it justice.

While I'm at it, I'd like to mention Mega Blaziken.
It's definitely not the best mega, but it has an amazing ability that goes by the name of Speed Boost, a good movepool, and acces to Swords Dance on top of all that.
Like I said, it's not the best mega out there, but I think it deserves a lot more credit than it currently gets.
Instead of the second lowest ranked mon in ubers, I'd, again, suggest putting it somewhere at C-/C.

I'll make another post later to give my thoughts on what their precise ranking should be.

Another thing I want to mention is that I think Benbe brought up a good point.

I don't see any reason for Alomomola and Tentacruel to be ranked so high.
I think that in general, a lot of mons need to be moved a bit down the pecking order, and others up.
This mainly concerns the lower regions of the viability rankings.

Last edited:
Okay, since I said so, I'll be making a full list of stuff that has gone unmentioned:

Alomomola from C+ to C
Alomola is a good mon, but overestimated.
It can't switch into anything that has setup, or anything banded in terms of physical attackers, while it loses to most special attackers in the game.
Put it above the newly moved Clefable in C.

Tentacruel from C+ to D
Tentacruel doesn't really have a place in this metagame anymore.
It's able to spin, while keeping fairies in check, but so can Excadrill.
It's niece just isn't what it's used to be anymore, so I think it should be dropped, or even become unranked.
I'm going to say drop here, simply because it has a comp analysis, and is still somewhat useable.
Put it above Arceus-Psychic, and under Arceus-Flying I guess.

Palkia from C to D
Palkia has been great in past generations, but it has 0 to no use in this one.
I think that Palkia's main niece is in checking Kyogre/Primal Kyogre.
Kyogre isn't viable at all since the birth of Primal Groudon, and to bring a pokemon that basically has the sole purpose of checking waters, I really don't think it's good.
With a fairy and Primal Groudon on almost every team, it can't really do anything.
It can even lose to physical Primal Kyogre after rocks or with a crit.
I'd say put it at the top of D rank.

Cresselia from C+ to C-
It has a ground immunity, and can provide utility, I get that.
It's good on trick room, but besides that, it doesn't really fit on any build.
It lacks the defensive capabilities and debatably typing to fit on a stall team, and lacks the speed to fit on a more offensive build.
On top of this, it provides free setup for every single offensive pokemon with a Lum berry, as well as some unmentioned stuff.
Put it at the bottom of C-

Clefable from Unranked to C
Like stated before, Clefable is able to "cockblock" most offensive orientated Arceus forms, Yveltal, Tyranitar, etc.
However, Clefable can be a bit too specific, and loses hard to the S rank threat that goes by the name of Mega Gengar.
Above Arceus-Poison, under Arceus-Fighting in C rank should do it justice.

Mega Blaziken from D to C-
For the reasons stated in my post above.
It is, however, frail, takes up a mega slot, and I am aware that Primal Kyogre is still a part of this meta.
Putting it above Landorus-I, and under the newly moved Alomomola in C- should be good.

I'm not planning on covering everything, and I probably missed some.
I hope that others will take a look at the viability thread, and cover everything that I haven't (or possibly the same).

EDIT: Since people wanted me to further elaborate certain mons mentioned, I did so for the first 4 pokemon on the list.

Last edited:
Comment in purple

Okay, since I said so, I'll be making a full list of stuff that has gone unmentioned:

Alomomola from C+ to C-
I really don't so what's so great about Alomomola.
If this thing is ranked so high, then Gourgeist should be ranked as well.
Put it under Groudon in C-

When the analysis was written, (I think) Gengar and Sword dance Groudon aren't as common, while Ho-oh was more commonly seen and the meta was kind to this thing. But I do agree its viability need to be revisited

Tentacruel from C+ to D
Basically the same as mentioned above, although this goes even more so for this mon.
Put it above Arceus-Psychic, and under Arceus-Flying I guess.

Similar to Alo, the meta was kind to it as there was fewer Gengar to block spin and absorb Toxic Spikes. But again its viability need to be revisited

Palkia from C to D
Palkia has been great in past generations, but it has 0 to no use in this one.
I'd say put it at the top of D rank.

Palkia on site Life Orb set still have great coverage, able to Focus punch Blissey is a plus, it is fine at where it is at

Cresselia from C+ to C-
It has a ground immunity, and can provide utility, I get that.
But don't you think that it dies before it can really do anything, as well as hand out set-up opportunities to some mons?
Put it at the bottom of C-

It checks P Groudon (read: the most dominant monster) better than Lugia due to the lack of rock weakness and more recovery in Sun (Moonlight). Plus it still checks a few other physical monster like Ho-oh, Physical Ray, and Kangashan (lack ice punch weakness is a plus). It is worthy of C+ and fine at where it is

Clefable from Unranked to C
Like stated before, Clefable is able to "cockblock" most offensive orientated Arceus forms, Yveltal, Tyranitar, etc.
However, Clefable can be a bit too specific, and loses hard to the S rank threat that goes by the name of Mega Gengar.
Above Arceus-Poison, under Arceus-Fighting in C rank should do it justice.

Magsyy cal shows why this isn't viable, the things that you intended to check like Xerneas can 2HKO you. Calm mind Arceus form is uncommon these days. And Mega Gengar was a big pain to deal with.

Mega Blaziken from D to C-
For the reasons stated in my post above.
It is, however, frail, takes up a mega slot, and I am aware that Primal Kyogre is still a part of this meta.
Putting it above Landorus-I, and under the newly moved Alomomola in C- should be good.

No comment as I am not familiar with this monster

I'm not planning on covering everything, and I probably missed some.
I hope that others will take a look at the viability thread, and cover everything that I haven't (or possibly the same).

aurora

GODQUAZA
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While I'm at it, I'd like to mention Mega Blaziken.
It's definitely not the best mega, but it has an amazing ability that goes by the name of Speed Boost, a good movepool, and acces to Swords Dance on top of all that.
Regular Blaziken has all of those things, but is actually marginally stronger and - importantly - does not take up a Mega slot. I'm not a big fan of the 'opportunity cost' argument in some situations when it comes to Mega Pokemon, but Mega Blaziken is honestly almost impossible to justify over its base forme when it is so limiting to builds.

I also don't think Palkia should drop. It really isn't that terrible. Yes, it has Zekrom syndrome in that two of the biggest threats in the tier are immune to either one of its STABs, but it is still incredibly difficult to switch into once it is in and, as a good Primal Kyogre switch-in, provides actual defensive utility to a team - however small - over other mediocre Dragon-type special nukes like Kyurem-White. I could never fathom why Palkia was D during its extended stay there and I still can't support dropping it back down.

No comment on your other noms besides that I've never felt the need to use Tentacruel ever over other mechanisms of hazard control (and that, if you're nomming it to drop, it should be nominated for an unranking as D is exclusively for unusuable Ubers).

hyw

Banned deucer.
I nominate Bronzong to A between Dialga and Giratina-O.

Steel-typing + Levitate is a useful quality to have in Ubers. With Gyro Ball, it hits hard enough as a Xerneas check to outright 2HKO it; not bothering with Thunder Wave or pseudo-hazing means that even Rest + Sleep Talk variants don't trouble you. With tools like Gyro Ball, Skill Swap, and Trick Room, Mega Salamence doesn't have a field day as long as this thing is around. Lacking Shadow Claw, even Extreme Killer Arceus struggles to get by this Pokémon; one of the best Swords Dance Arceus forms in Arceus-Ground is totally cock-blocked, too, and the existence of Bronzong alone plays a large part in justifying an Arceus-Ghost > Arceus-Ground debate in the teambuilder. Its Psychic-typing isn't irrelevant as well, as it allows Bronzong to soften Fighting-type moves, avoiding the various Focus Blasts from hitting super effectively and even allowing this Pokémon to check Deoxys-Attack, provided you've scouted for Knock Off.

Access to Skill Swap allows you to set Stealth Rocks up against Mega Sableye with ease (even easier against Mega Diancie thanks to Gyro Ball), and Toxic + slow speed stat means you keep it up against Defoggers. Filling the role as a team's Stealth Rocker is part of its place in the metagame and being able to do so reliably against all play-styles is a huge plus. Its lack of recovery bar Leftovers may be seen as a negative but, to be honest, even if it did learn Recover, with such an extreme case of four move slot syndrome even this may be overseen; its versatility in morphing to your team's needs and infinite utility provide it valuable tools like no other Pokémon can quite secure.

Further, Protect is popular to stack up Toxic damage/scout for Knock Off from Deoxys-Attack or choice lock from Ho-Oh/gain Leftovers recovery, Earthquake, if one can fit it, allows it to avoid becoming Spikes-bait for Klefki/gives it a way to break past Dialga and Sand Rush Excadrill, and support moves such as Trick Room, Hypnosis, and Gravity, perhaps gimmicky, are interesting possibilities as well.

The reason I would place it right above Dialga is because Bronzong's role in the metagame is quite similar to that of Dialga's; both "Steel-types" are often the designated Stealth Rockers on offense and balance, respectively, and have tools to support the team by checking certain threats, of which there is much overlap. Yet where Dialga outclasses with its offensive prowess, Bronzong more than makes up for with its defensive utility.

I realize there aren't many teams built around this Pokémon due to the trend for offensive orientation in the metagame but there is no denying that this Pokémon can pull its weight with ease when used correctly, despite its whopping 412.3 lbs poundage. Just look at the S ranks all the way down to the B ranks, lol, and how many are stopped by/gets Stealth Rocks set up against this thing with facility: Xerneas, Mega Salamence, Arceus-Normal, Klefki, Deoxys-Attack, Arceus-Water, Arceus-Ground, Mega Diancie, Lugia, Dialga, Arceus-Rock, Excadrill, Kangaskhan, Shaymin-Sky, Arceus-Fairy...

I nominate Mega Lucario to the top of B+.

Not going to explain as much as I don't expect too many to oppose this but I agree with samqian lol this thing is just a weird Deoxys-Attack. Funnily they both lose to Extreme Killer Arceus but both function as offensive checks to Xerneas (this rings far truer for Mega Lucario) and abuse their raw power to bop stuff off the bat. Obviously, Deoxys-Attack is more viable since it more reliably covers a greater area of the metagame, but Mega Lucario has some qualities to give it some competition. While taking up a Mega-slot, Mega Lucario is able to win against opposing Deoxys-Attack and Mega Kangaskhan 100% of the time, beat Arceus-Water, Lugia one-on-one, Dialga (Superpower hits hard but often doesn't do enough to KO, whereas Close Combat OHKOs), and not fear priority from things like Yveltal or Rayquaza as much, feats that Deoxys-Attack fails accomplish by virtue of its typing and defensive stats. Enough bulk to set up Swords Dance, resistance to priority, lack of having to deal with drops immediately after KOs, and doing more to Xerneas with priority justify a rise to at least above Mewtwo, which actually should drop but whatever. Finally, as samqian has mentioned, Mega Lucario is the reason Sticky Webs works in this metagame and, paired with Smeargle, can leave teams in ruins.

Last edited:

A- to A/A+

Primal Groudon is really the only thing holding this back. It does hurt its viability, but not by THAT much. It's one of the main reasons why teams are pretty much forced to run Primal Groudon. Primal Kyogre obliterates nearly everything else, if you lose your Primal Groudon then you're going to have a rough time. It's really difficult to put this nomination into words, but I just feel like it's so much better than A- and a lot of A. Calm Mind boosted P-gre is an ass trying to handle, and P-gre also can afford to run Sleep Talk for Darkrai. Also a good answer to Ho-Oh. Once again pretty difficult to put this into words but I think it's just a great Pokemon that can be difficult to handle.

Top of A if A, bottom of A+ if A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)