Destiny: Rise of Iron

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I saw there wasn't an active thread on this game in the forum so here goes.

You can use this thread to talk about the new info on the Rise of Iron expansion, search some friends to play ToO with or talk about your shitty nightfall rewards.
I'm mainly a crucible player myself so Crucible meta talk is also very interesting to talk about with others

i'll show my favorite Bladedancer set-up here myself to get the party started:
http://imgur.com/khRyTHM

if you want to find others please make sure to note what platform you're on and if you have a mic or not (i'd assume so but im not sure)

some dates with interesting information:

Aug 16 - 22: Iron Banner
Aug 16: Rise of Iron live stream
Aug 17 - 21: Gamescom (probably some new things that will be revealed there, stay tuned)

well as someone who has played since the beta and has an unreasonable amount of hours put into the game, i am obviously excited whenever there is new content coming up. looking forward to some cool stuff in rise of iron like them re-working artifacts so they actually serve a purpose other than just being there for stats. most of the stuff they've released so far that we know about from that gameinformer article looks really cool and i'm just glad that they seem to really be moving into the direction of giving the player actual choices as far as how they want to play. i like the return of iconic stuff like gjallarhorn and thorn (most people have ptsd about this one, but i really don't think it's overpowered anymore). what i am really hopeful for in year 3 and this is probably just super wishful thinking on my part, is just a more steady stream of content so when the new stuff inevitably runs dry, the game doesn't become a barren wasteland like it sort of did after ttk.

hunter pvp setup:

not the best eyasluna roll, but its base stats are so good that the only thing it really needs is a range boosting perk, which i have in rifled barrel. my longbow is pretty much a god roll one with shortgaze scope, quickdraw in the middle column and hidden hand so i was excited when i got it to say the least. truth in the heavy slot is an obvious choice as its pretty much to go-to rocket launcher for pvp. 5-5-1 discipline, strength and intellect build for the most efficiency as a nightstalker so i can spam the infamous smoke/voidwall combo, although i have the armor to spec 5-5-1 into int, disc, str on a bladedancer or gunslinger if i wanted to play those.

am on xbox like a pleb unfortunately :[

Last edited:

Shadestep

volition immanent
damn, that longbow synthesis roll is sick. mine is pretty shitty although it does have Snapshot and Ambush. it's my first y2 longbow though so im happy with it, i'm grinding EXP though to get some more packages for it to hopefully drop again. the other perks are pretty shitty, perfect balance / hand laid stock / casket mag in the middle slot and Hot Swap in the last. hot swap is pretty cool tho as it helps you pick off ppl from shorter distances with bodyshots, its pretty cool but yea third eye is definitely better.

I have a sick Lord High Fixer roll though that i got pretty lucky with; SureShot IS as the sight, then Partial Refund (meh), Hand Loaded (extremely useful) and Grenadier in the last slot which is pretty useful for a melee/grenade spamming set-up i have on my Bladedancer.

your shader is sick btw, which one is that?

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Halo 5 started out pretty rough, but it has addressed pretty much all of my issues with it through free updates.

-Forge
-Firefight
-Community created maps in official playlists
-INFECTION

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Halo 5 started out pretty rough, but it has addressed pretty much all of my issues with it through free updates.

-Forge
-Firefight
-Community created maps in official playlists
-INFECTION
You mean unlike Destiny, where all their updates remove shit that they are going to end up giving us back in paid DLC? O:

Don't get me wrong I loved this game but by the time they put that Sparrow racing shit in I completely gave up hope.

Shadestep

volition immanent
SRL was fun though, if they bring it back in hear 3 they'll definitely have to think it through more though; more maps, diferent bounties, actual useful rewards, that kinda stuff.

I'm really excited for Private Matches however, can't wait to find out some sightlines, spawntraps etc with friends without getting constantly killed

that vidoc at the start was awesome and they dropped the private games bomb in the most casual way too. i thought it was a great stream and only got me more hyped to play the new content.

MajorBowman

wouldst thou like to live fergaliciously?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was kinda bummed I couldn't watch the gamescom stream but holy shit did all the news from it get me pumped for RoI. My friends and I have been complaining about not having private lobbies for a while since we'll often try to play some scrimmages but can never get matched up. It's going to be a really exciting expansion, and we already have plans to cannonball through Wrath of the Machine as soon as it is released without looking up any info on how to complete it.

Shadestep

volition immanent
Man, I remember going into Crota basically blindfolded and taking more than 12 hours to complete it. The bridge part was so incredibly tough and we had to take an hour break from it because we were all so frustrated lmao.

Anyways, most of my normal fireteam of 6 'quit' (heh) Destiny but I'll definitely try to get them back to playing since their characters are all leveled up and ready to go. Excited for all the new mechanics that will be put into the new raid. Any thoughts or sneak peeks of new things to do in the raid that some of us including me may have missed in the ViDoc?

Catherine Walker

Banned deucer.
Hot swap is pretty cool tho as it helps you pick off ppl from shorter distances with bodyshots, its pretty cool but yea third eye is definitely better.

Very glad i found this - stopped playing just before the April Update. Got back into it a couple of weeks ago.

Still not sold on the PvP even to this day :/

Shadestep

volition immanent
got a sick The Devil You Know from my weekly crucible bounty today:
334 with Outlaw, Snapshot, Grenadier. also finally got my exotic FWC Hunter Cloak. looks epic. Can't wait for the update though jesus christ im so hyped

I played some crucible and got my ass handed to me. Mida feels a little better in my opinion. Shotgun Titans are rife. Sunsingers are bad now.

Speaking of shotties, I had tons of fun running around with a Universal Remote + No Backup Plans last Iron Banner, but rip Universal Remote.

Tried getting Trespasser the other day but dumb special exotics wouldn't drop. Heard it was garbage anyway.

If private matches do go live at reset, the first thing I'm doing is 1v1 hand cannon duels.

I heard the trespasser is decent, I have a friend that was doing well with it last night.

I'm not really sure where to go next, this game is very fickle at times. Losses are hard to take haha!

All three challenges are active in King's Fall this week! If you missed any of the challenge mode fragments, now's your chance to get them! In addition to that, Tier 3 Court of Oryx is rotating as well!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)