Project What's His Last? v5 (Week 13: Manectric Offense)

All right, pretty clear that Lando has won this round. Congrats to p2 for submitting the winning entry!

New team will be up shortly! Sorry for the long voting/submission windows; I haven't really been busy, just struggled to find a good new team.

New Team:
FWG Sand Balance

Tyranitar (F) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Talonflame (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Taunt
- Bulk Up

Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

Tangrowth (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 48 SpD
Impish Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Sleep Powder
Description:

Pretty simple sand balance that features an extremely solid backbone in Chople Tar + Impish Talon + Slowking + Phys. def. Tang. I'll elaborate on a few choices since a few sets may seem strange: Excadrill is running Toxic to limit the survivability of Rotom-W since Iron Head isn't really going to be missed when fairies are covered well by the team's backbone; Tyranitar has TWave for LO Torn since it could quite easily get out of hand and Stone Edge is notoriously unreliable; finally, Tang is running EQ to lure Heatran for Talon, as well as Toxic to put a timer on an innumerable amount of 'mons.

So... what's his last?

Last edited:

Breezy

formerly Quaze
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The team was quite weak to Mega Scizor and had literally no answers to manaphy, not even a revenge killer. It was megaevolution less and was slow af too so I thought that MManectric was the best choice for it.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite/Knock Off/Superpower/U-turn

Currently, your team gets absolutely floored by Weavile, you relying on sacking a mon and revenging with Excadrill or Luring it with Chople tar, and they will probably be wary of chople when they see rocks anyways. Mega Scizor counters Weavile while also assisting in the fight vs BD Azu, who can manhandle your team if it gets to +6, and that's really nice. Also, MSciz is a fairy resist that can actually switch into fairies for your team lol (sorry excadrill and talon), and it can help even tho you already have a couple of solid fairy checks. However, the greatest thing that MSciz probably does for your team is giving you a mon that doesn't get obliterated 1v1 vs max attack Diancie, eating an HP fire and threatening it with BP that OHKOs it. MSciz is also nice bc it gives you a solid wincon that can setup vs a lot of shit and really threaten a lot of teams. Obviously you still get obliterated by Manaphy, but Slowking can deal with any non-eball variant and u have twave ttar to paralyze it when it tries to setup.

Last edited:

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
Mega Lopunny is a great choice for any sand team. It loves sand support, as it's capable of dealing with plenty of pokemon it has problems with, like the Lati twins, Talonflame, Tornadus-T, and Clefable. It also acts as a dark resist, something this team lacks, capable of dealing with Bisharp, Mega Sableye, and can act as a secondary Weavile check. It also gives the team more offensive pressure, and a much better match up against other offensive teams.

Last edited:

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

yeap. mega garchomp. what better mega to use than a dedicated sand abuser on a sand team? other than that, if you realised, the team abuses twave and whittles down physically defensive mons like lando-t and rotom-w. guess what appreciates all that support? that's right the mega scythe himself. this team is literally built around megachomp + talonflame and with drill + talon to deal with offense and stall, mchomp helps break past bulkier teams from the get go and is a lot more stronger with this team's wide array of support for it.​

Unaware Wall Clefable

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Serious Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Moonlight

The team had no answer for setup sweepers like DoubleDance Landorus or TailGlow Manaphy , and had no cleric/status absorber, then i decided Clefable Unaware is my last.

Gonna close up submissions when this post is 12-ish hours old! Please submit soon if you'd like to contribute.

Voting time! You may vote for one of the following:

HQuaze
Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The team was quite weak to Mega Scizor and had literally no answers to manaphy, not even a revenge killer. It was megaevolution less and was slow af too so I thought that MManectric was the best choice for it.

Littlelucario

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite/Knock Off/Superpower/U-turn

Currently, your team gets absolutely floored by Weavile, you relying on sacking a mon and revenging with Excadrill or Luring it with Chople tar, and they will probably be wary of chople when they see rocks anyways. Mega Scizor counters Weavile while also assisting in the fight vs BD Azu, who can manhandle your team if it gets to +6, and that's really nice. Also, MSciz is a fairy resist that can actually switch into fairies for your team lol (sorry excadrill and talon), and it can help even tho you already have a couple of solid fairy checks. However, the greatest thing that MSciz probably does for your team is giving you a mon that doesn't get obliterated 1v1 vs max attack Diancie, eating an HP fire and threatening it with BP that OHKOs it. MSciz is also nice bc it gives you a solid wincon that can setup vs a lot of shit and really threaten a lot of teams. Obviously you still get obliterated by Manaphy, but Slowking can deal with any non-eball variant and u have twave ttar to paralyze it when it tries to setup.

Cenamazing

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
Mega Lopunny is a great choice for any sand team. It loves sand support, as it's capable of dealing with plenty of pokemon it has problems with, like the Lati twins, Talonflame, Tornadus-T, and Clefable. It also acts as a dark resist, something this team lacks, capable of dealing with Bisharp, Mega Sableye, and can act as a secondary Weavile check. It also gives the team more offensive pressure, and a much better match up against other offensive teams.

zbr

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

yeap. mega garchomp. what better mega to use than a dedicated sand abuser on a sand team? other than that, if you realised, the team abuses twave and whittles down physically defensive mons like lando-t and rotom-w. guess what appreciates all that support? that's right the mega scythe himself. this team is literally built around megachomp + talonflame and with drill + talon to deal with offense and stall, mchomp helps break past bulkier teams from the get go and is a lot more stronger with this team's wide array of support for it.​

garoninja
Unaware Wall Clefable

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Serious Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Moonlight

The team had no answer for setup sweepers like DoubleDance Landorus or TailGlow Manaphy , and had no cleric/status absorber, then i decided Clefable Unaware is my last.

Breezy

formerly Quaze
This is a team made by xRay if I'm not wrong, even if some sets are different (stuff like av tang wich imho fits better here and air ballon excadrill). The teams seems built around Mega Garchomp and that's what xray had in it BUT I don't think that it's enough as reason for voting it.
With MChomp the team would completly get destroyed by Manaphy and Tornadus wich are really common nowaday.
The team would be vulnerable too offensive and fast teams. I wanna keep the speed and at least a revenge killer for fast threats. My vote goes to MLopunny.

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This is a team made by xRay if I'm not wrong, even if some sets are different (stuff like av tang wich imho fits better here and air ballon excadrill). The teams seems built around Mega Garchomp and that's what xray had in his team BUT I don't think that it's enough for reason for votin it.
With MChomp the team would completly get destroyed by Manaphy and Tornadus wich are really common nowaday.
The team would be vulnerable too offensive and fast teams. I wanna keep the speed and at least a revenge killer for fast threats. My vote goes to MLopunny.
:O talonflame deals with torn-t and tang + king deals with mana so they are kinda well checked. the sand offense part deals with more offensively inclined teams with tang keeping check on more physically offensive attackers so there's the problems solved.

just sayin :X

Breezy

formerly Quaze
:O talonflame deals with torn-t and tang + king deals with mana so they are kinda well checked. the sand offense part deals with more offensively inclined teams with tang keeping check on more physically offensive attackers so there's the problems solved.

just sayin :X
Yh, thst probably is. I don't really like to have talonflame as check to torn-t since in oras everyobody has a hazard setter and since it's not so easy to spin with excadrill in early games and I don't like slowking as check to all those eball manaphy I see (even the version with beam and rdance gives him lot of problems). It depends from people to people the choose of a mon because it's conditionated by their playstyles. I like to have some speed in this sand balanced and a revengekiller to commons pokemon wich are difficult to have to deal with this team and that is what I think looking at it. (And now back to finish watching Suicide Squad xI)

Mega Scizor seems like it patches some weaknesses for this team, which is good because it already has a strong defensive backbone in Tang + Slowking, so it seems like it's going towards bulky offense with that can pivot around before lowering the boom with sand, which can also break offense teams.
The team appreciates a switchin to Low Kick Weavile, and the fire types like Charizard Y that beat Scizor struggle against a Slowking / Tyranitar switch-in, so that weakness doesn't lose any momentum for the team. Scizor appreciates Tang's ability to lure Heatran, as well as the pressure that sand places on it, giving SD + Bug Bite a role as a solid win con alongside Talon and Exca. Scizor can also narrowly avoid a 2HKO from LO Gengar, which is niche but cool anyway since the team otherwise has no switch-in, and easily avoids an OHKO from M-Garde's HP Fire.

This week was won by Mega Garchomp. Congratulations to zbr for posting the winning entry!

NEW TEAM: Substitute + Toxic Jirachi Balance by Hector Hard Mode

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Toxic
- Substitute

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 196 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Recover

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

Hey guys, this is a team that I put together recently and has done surprisingly well during tests. Substitute + Toxic Jirachi with Fire-type coverage is surprisingly annoying for a lot of opposing balancey / offensive squads to handle, since a lot of teams are dependent on Landorus, Talonflame, or a Steel like Ferrothorn or Skarmory to handle Jirachi for CM Clefable. Toxic lets you easily break past the Ground-type checks and Talonflame, while Fire Punch has a 20% chance to burn that can be abused by spamming Fire Punch on Skarmory until they're burned, then flinching them down. Running this variant of Jirachi means that you're naturally very slow and looking for opportunities to get in, so I went with Scarf Landorus-T as my next 'mon. It Knocks Off Rocky Helmet from opposing Landorus-T, grabs momentum, provides speed control, and most importantly sort of checks Mega Lopunny.

Jirachi + Landorus are ridiculously weak to Bisharp, Weavile, and Mega Scizor that don't stay in to take Fire Punch, so I rolled with LO Rest + Sleep Talk Keldeo to stay healthy for the endgame, potentially picking up a crucial burn with Scald against those threats. It also handles Heatran, which is ridiculously annoying for Jirachi. The team was then quite weak to Charizard-Y, offensive Electrics (Thundurus + Manectric), and had trouble handling Spikes, so Defog Mega Latias was an appropriate next choice for this team's mega. It also pairs nicely with Rest + Sleep Talk Keldeo. Finally, the team needed Stealth Rock, a proper Jolly Lopunny switchin, and a way to force out Mega Sableye without flinching it down.

But what's my last?

----

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Tail Glow
- Ice Beam / Rain Dance
- Energy Ball / Psychic

I've noticed that this team lacks a way to break Stall, the best i can think is Landorus Knock Off spam + Keldeo absorbing status. The team also has some lack of keeping pressure on Rotom, Dragons and friends, and after evaluating the possibilites, i think Manaphy is great opportunity with Stall Breaking accessories. Since you have Rest-Talk Keldeo in your team, i think Rain Dance can be optional. Energy Ball can give a better coverage to this team then Psychic, but it's also a viable option.

Last edited:

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Serperior helps check mons like Rotom-W, Mega Diancie, Mega Metagross, etc which can be problematic since the team is reliant on Lando-T/Jirachi to check dem. Glare helps check mons like Taunt Tornadus- Bird Spam, Zard X, other Serperiors. Serperior also appreciates the Knock off Support from Lando-T to aid in stallbreaking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)