Project What's His Last? v5 (Week 13: Manectric Offense)

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Solarbeam

This team struggles to remove pokes like Serperior, Mega Venusaur, And Mega Scizor. All of which Heatran handles nicely. The team I noticed also struggles to remove water type Pokemon like Rotom-W and so I thought the Power Herb Lure Heatran set would be perfect to lure in and remove those Pokemon on the switch. Finally this team does struggle to get around stall, so The stall breaker lure Heatran set is perfect for the final slot of this team.

New Team:
Lopunny-Mega Bulky Offense

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 18 Spe
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower / Knock Off
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite [If Ada, Use QA; if Jolly, use other options]
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Quick Attack / Power-Up Punch / Ice Punch

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 20 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic / U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Trick
Pretty generic Lopunny team I've been running with multiple different lasts, so there is no correct answer here. Starting point was just Lop + Rotom-W, with Rotom-W covering fliers, bulky grounds, and a few select bulky waters for Lop. Fat Rocks Jirachi covers Clef and fairies in general incredibly well, alongside a few terrifying breakers such as K-Black. Scarf-Latios provides coverage vs. elecs, Keld, Zard-X, and so on. Finally, Bold Clef covers Weavile, Lopunny, Zen-less M-Medi, and Sableye-Mega. There are a couple slashes to reflect the variations this team might need to fit the proper last, so feel free to mention which moves you opt for with your last submission.

What's my last?

Hint: The omitted last is a breaker teehee

Last edited:

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Krookodile takes advantage of Volt-Turn support and Pursuit trap Psychic-Types, helping Lopunny. In additional have immunity to Electric, removes items and Moxie can be devastating in the end game.

I believe Choice Banded Tyranitar is a perfect 6th for this team.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit

This team is Lacking two things that would be impossibleto put into one role. So a decision must be made about which is the better option for the team. The first is Hazard Control, the second is A wallbreaker.

For A hazard control Pokemon, 3/6 Pokemon Resist or are unaffected by Rocks, Latios has reliable recovery, and Rotom-W can take advantage of rocks by bringing the opponents poke to lower health with pain split, so A spinner/Defogger is unnecessary on this particular team. And so the only hazard control game that needs to be played is pressuring the other teams Spinner/Defogger to keep Rocks on the opponents side of the field. One way of doing this is through a pursuit trapper, which traps the latwins, and Starmie while Lopunny and scarf Lati pressure Excadrill.

As for a wallbreaker. The poke needs to take care of The latwins, Slowbro, Celebi (Although rare, still a threat to the team) and other bulky Psychic types which trouble the team, especially Mega-Lopunny, all of which CB TTar is wonderful at trapping. It also needs to be able to hit Lopunny switch ins hard (namely Rotom-W, Skarmory, and ferrothorn.) The former can be hit with Pursuit on the switch making it harder for him to do his job later in the battle, or even harder with Stone Edge. And the latter with a predicted fire punch. A strong Wallbreaker also hurts stall with STAB boosted Stone edge hitting most major stall pokes fairly hard. Even though Clefable handles stall fairly well by herself, a little more stall hate is always welcome.

Tyranitar also gives this team a second good birdspam check along with Rotom, which threatens the Mega-Lopunny who the team is built around. And with the prominence of Birdspam I believe teams should carry 2-3 Birdspam checks.

Thirdly Tyranitar brings more a bulk to the team, which fits perfectly with the bulky offense team. With great 100/110/100 defensive stats, TTar is almost as good at taking non supereffective hits as he is at giving hits.

Finally, TTar gives this team a much needed switch in to Zard Y. Other than Clef (who is Physically Defensive), and scarf Lati (who can't switch in comfortably), this team has no good answer to Zard Y, which TTar's Sandstream ability makes him the perfect Zard Y switch in.

As for this particular set, Fire punch is chosen over superpower to Hit Skarmory harder on the switch with otherwise may give the team a small problem. The rest of the moves and EVS are standard CBTtar.

Overall, TTar covers the weaknesses that could break this team extremely well. And so It is the Last.

Last edited:

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

I think it's Diggersby, i've used teams like that before and this normal spam core is cool, Diggersby takes care of many Lopunny's checks, for example, after a Swords Dance it beats Slowbro, Hippowdon, Landorus-T and Tangrowth after a little prior damage, mainly SR damage and it appreciates Lopunny's ability to outspeed and KO fast pokemon. It's that by the team structure, it's something i would certainly use Diggersby in, Lopunny is currently the only phys attacker and this dual normal core is cool as i said.

hint: cb lando-t
CB Diggersby is better than that, i personally prefer SD not to be locked in one move and because if you can setup, it's really hard to stop but Band Diggersby is a possibility due to lack of recoil and more instant power and it's not like Diggersby has millions of opportunities to setup anyway.

Last edited:
Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Scizor is a huge problem , and the team can struggle vs fat stuff , so : cm keldeo. Cm keldeo gives a win con , checks scizor and bisharp , helps vs balance and stall and forms a nice fighting spam core with lop

yeah i'm sorry but it's definitely a lando-t. probably like sd earth plate lando-t to break hippo and other fat grounds for lop.

Edit: I wasn't gna add a set but eh.

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Lax Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Last edited:

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
Why I think it's Nidoking:
-Prevents 24/7 Volt Switch
- Appreciates help from Mega Lopunny, Latios's Trick, or Knock Off Clef vs stall
- Coverage helps vs Tangrowth, Ferro, Scizor, Bulky Grounds, etc.

Garchomp (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 8 HP / 180 Atk / 68 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Last mon on the team is obviously some kind of breaker, and Lopunny + lure is a tried and true strategy. Mixed Garchomp baits a ton of Lopunny's checks and counters, including Landorus-T, Skarmory, Slowbro, Tangrowth, and Zapdos (?). It also has some nice synergies with Latios (Chomp breaks stuff up for Lati, Lati can trick some annoying crap like Clefable that prevent you from going nuts with Outrage.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off

At this point, the team gets owned by Scarf Drill, with the team's check to it being...MLop lol. It can actually spam earthquake vs the team and take a nice chunk out of anything's HP, not to mention that Clefable gets owned by Iron Head, so a ground immunity to help you predict around scarf Drill and potentially knock off its scarf in late-game situations so that teammates can revenge kill it is really nice. Not only that, but the team kinda gets bodied by stall at this point aside from Clefable, who really needs Chansey crippled or weakened in order to stallbreak effectively. This is where Zapdos comes in, being able to Knock Off Clefable's eviolite and allow Clefable to get past it a lot easier. Additionally, Torn-T is a huge threat to stall on is own since Zapdos is really the only flying resist that's used on stall bar Skarmory, who obviously takes a ton from Heat Wave. Not only that, but Torn-T can punch holes in offensive teams with LO Hurricane since the only steel that doesn't get smashed by Heat Wave that I can think of off the top of my head is Heatran.

you can also run Mixed Thundy here and accomplish similar things as listed above, I just like Torn-T a bit better.

Last edited:
Reactions: dk

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

this team lacks a way to immediately threaten heatran and check electrics. kyurem-b fits perfectly and pressures hazard setters while pairing perfectly with the double switch off of lopunny and clefable. jirachi can bring it in safely with u-turn. the team is weak to scizor for the most part so this moveset is most beneficial for the team.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Volt-immune wallbreaker that overwhelms physical walls to break alongside Lop. Outrage preferably over dclaw to break Quag stalls but both kind of work.

All right! Closing submissions! You may vote for up to two of the following options:

Tio Chico

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Krookodile takes advantage of Volt-Turn support and Pursuit trap Psychic-Types, helping Lopunny. In additional have immunity to Electric, removes items and Moxie can be devastating in the end game.
Finnuck
I believe Choice Banded Tyranitar is a perfect 6th for this team.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit

This team is Lacking two things that would be impossibleto put into one role. So a decision must be made about which is the better option for the team. The first is Hazard Control, the second is A wallbreaker.

For A hazard control Pokemon, 3/6 Pokemon Resist or are unaffected by Rocks, Latios has reliable recovery, and Rotom-W can take advantage of rocks by bringing the opponents poke to lower health with pain split, so A spinner/Defogger is unnecessary on this particular team. And so the only hazard control game that needs to be played is pressuring the other teams Spinner/Defogger to keep Rocks on the opponents side of the field. One way of doing this is through a pursuit trapper, which traps the latwins, and Starmie while Lopunny and scarf Lati pressure Excadrill.

As for a wallbreaker. The poke needs to take care of The latwins, Slowbro, Celebi (Although rare, still a threat to the team) and other bulky Psychic types which trouble the team, especially Mega-Lopunny, all of which CB TTar is wonderful at trapping. It also needs to be able to hit Lopunny switch ins hard (namely Rotom-W, Skarmory, and ferrothorn.) The former can be hit with Pursuit on the switch making it harder for him to do his job later in the battle, or even harder with Stone Edge. And the latter with a predicted fire punch. A strong Wallbreaker also hurts stall with STAB boosted Stone edge hitting most major stall pokes fairly hard. Even though Clefable handles stall fairly well by herself, a little more stall hate is always welcome.

Tyranitar also gives this team a second good birdspam check along with Rotom, which threatens the Mega-Lopunny who the team is built around. And with the prominence of Birdspam I believe teams should carry 2-3 Birdspam checks.

Thirdly Tyranitar brings more a bulk to the team, which fits perfectly with the bulky offense team. With great 100/110/100 defensive stats, TTar is almost as good at taking non supereffective hits as he is at giving hits.

Finally, TTar gives this team a much needed switch in to Zard Y. Other than Clef (who is Physically Defensive), and scarf Lati (who can't switch in comfortably), this team has no good answer to Zard Y, which TTar's Sandstream ability makes him the perfect Zard Y switch in.

As for this particular set, Fire punch is chosen over superpower to Hit Skarmory harder on the switch with otherwise may give the team a small problem. The rest of the moves and EVS are standard CBTtar.

Overall, TTar covers the weaknesses that could break this team extremely well. And so It is the Last.
ericaroselia

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

I think it's Diggersby, i've used teams like that before and this normal spam core is cool, Diggersby takes care of many Lopunny's checks, for example, after a Swords Dance it beats Slowbro, Hippowdon, Landorus-T and Tangrowth after a little prior damage, mainly SR damage and it appreciates Lopunny's ability to outspeed and KO fast pokemon. It's that by the team structure, it's something i would certainly use Diggersby in, Lopunny is currently the only phys attacker and this dual normal core is cool as i said.
AshJagger
Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Scizor is a huge problem , and the team can struggle vs fat stuff , so : cm keldeo. Cm keldeo gives a win con , checks scizor and bisharp , helps vs balance and stall and forms a nice fighting spam core with lop
yuruuu
yeah i'm sorry but it's definitely a lando-t. probably like sd earth plate lando-t to break hippo and other fat grounds for lop.

Edit: I wasn't gna add a set but eh.

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Lax Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Hidden Power [Ice]
FrozenCold

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
Why I think it's Nidoking:
-Prevents 24/7 Volt Switch
- Appreciates help from Mega Lopunny, Latios's Trick, or Knock Off Clef vs stall
- Coverage helps vs Tangrowth, Ferro, Scizor, Bulky Grounds, etc.
Tressed

Garchomp (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 8 HP / 180 Atk / 68 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Last mon on the team is obviously some kind of breaker, and Lopunny + lure is a tried and true strategy. Mixed Garchomp baits a ton of Lopunny's checks and counters, including Landorus-T, Skarmory, Slowbro, Tangrowth, and Zapdos (?). It also has some nice synergies with Latios (Chomp breaks stuff up for Lati, Lati can trick some annoying crap like Clefable that prevent you from going nuts with Outrage.
Littlelucario

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid/Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Knock Off

At this point, the team gets owned by Scarf Drill, with the team's check to it being...MLop lol. It can actually spam earthquake vs the team and take a nice chunk out of anything's HP, not to mention that Clefable gets owned by Iron Head, so a ground immunity to help you predict around scarf Drill and potentially knock off its scarf in late-game situations so that teammates can revenge kill it is really nice. Not only that, but the team kinda gets bodied by stall at this point aside from Clefable, who really needs Chansey crippled or weakened in order to stallbreak effectively. This is where Zapdos comes in, being able to Knock Off Clefable's eviolite and allow Clefable to get past it a lot easier. Additionally, Torn-T is a huge threat to stall on is own since Zapdos is really the only flying resist that's used on stall bar Skarmory, who obviously takes a ton from Heat Wave. Not only that, but Torn-T can punch holes in offensive teams with LO Hurricane since the only steel that doesn't get smashed by Heat Wave that I can think of off the top of my head is Heatran.

you can also run Mixed Thundy here and accomplish similar things as listed above, I just like Torn-T a bit better.
Vertex

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

this team lacks a way to immediately threaten heatran and check electrics. kyurem-b fits perfectly and pressures hazard setters while pairing perfectly with the double switch off of lopunny and clefable. jirachi can bring it in safely with u-turn. the team is weak to scizor for the most part so this moveset is most beneficial for the team.
ABR

Garchomp @ Life Orb
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Volt-immune wallbreaker that overwhelms physical walls to break alongside Lop. Outrage preferably over dclaw to break Quag stalls but both kind of work.

Remember that you cannot vote for your own submission! Good luck, all :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)