The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Texans are in a tough spot tonight.

If they win people will say that it was because they faced a 3rd string rookie QB (Which is true)

If they lose people will laugh at them for losing to a 3rd string QB (which is fair)
Same reason I play a low tier like Charizard in Smash. Either I won cuz I'm good or I lost cuz my character bad.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Jeff Fischer has been a head coach in the league for 20 years and has only had 4 winning seasons or something like that. But as coach of the Rams? 5-4 against the Seahawks. Stay salty Yeti.

Jeff Fischer has been a head coach in the league for 20 years and has only had 4 winning seasons or something like that. But as coach of the Rams? 5-4 against the Seahawks. Stay salty Yeti.
Some fun facts:

Since 2012, when the Seahawks drafted Russell Wilson and the Fisher took over the Rams, the Rams are 5-4 against the Seahawks, like you said. This makes them the only NFC team with a winning record against the Seahawks.

From 2013 to 2015, the Seahawks did not lose to a team that finished .500 or below ... except for those 3 times they lost to the Rams.

The Seahawks had a record 70-game streak, from 2011 to 2015 including playoffs, where they had the lead at some point during each of those 70 games. That came to an end in last year's loss to the Rams in Seattle. Then again last Sunday, the Seahawks never led against the Rams.

6 winning seasons, 5 .500 seasons. The Titans were usually pretty good at their peak but they also peaked at a bad time - New England/Indianapolis were starting their decade long dominance and the Steelers were also very strong. The Titans just weren't super impressive. Solid but meh. I do recall them getting some buzz before each season as a Super Bowl contender but it never worked out after 1999.

Here's a fun fact: The Steelers are the only team to avoid finishing 4-12 or worse since the 16 game schedule was implemented.

I bench Rodgers just for this week only to try out Ryan. I also benched Mccoy because they're going against Arizona. Ryan and Jones better go off on Monday....

Cincinnati vs Denver is full of flags and dudes going down. Could turn to slugfest later.

I benched desean Jackson in both smogon leagues.
I have 68 points on the bench between three players and counting because one of them is Christine Michael, likely to get 10+ if he keeps this up. Destroying SF right now.

Please NFL, put Seattle back up five places for this win on Power Rankings hahahaha. Yeah, it's SF, but do it.

The steelers defense getting exposed early on. Jarvis Jones, Ryan Shazier, and Robert Golden are all injured. Looks like it's gonna be a long game for the steelers.

Jeez, usually the Patriots are the only team that can put this type of beatdown on the Steelers
Man not even the pats put this bad of a beating on the steelers. Usually the steelers can at least muster offense vs the pats but none here. And man oh man the steelers are lost like half their starting defense to injuries this game to make things worse. Philly has our number when we're in their stadium.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Will they please fire the jags oc? Best deep ball team in the league and you throw a total of one ball more than 20 yards and 4 more than 10 yards the ENTIRE GAME. Momentum changing plays and what do they do? run the ball. We have an inept offensive line so we continue to try to run the ball? Over and over running the plays that DON'T work until the WORK. Isn't that BACKWARDS? Maximize your strengths, minimize your weaknesses. Greg Olson has done the OPPOSITE through 3 games, and we've scored 23, 14, and 17 with one of the best receiving cores in the nfl.

get greg olson the fuck outta here. This is a team built to play backyard football on offense and the playcalls are smashmouth/little west coast. Its a fucking joke.

Will they please fire the jags oc? Best deep ball team in the league and you throw a total of one ball more than 20 yards and 4 more than 10 yards the ENTIRE GAME. Momentum changing plays and what do they do? run the ball. We have an inept offensive line so we continue to try to run the ball? Over and over running the plays that DON'T work until the WORK. Isn't that BACKWARDS? Maximize your strengths, minimize your weaknesses. Greg Olson has done the OPPOSITE through 3 games, and we've scored 23, 14, and 17 with one of the best receiving cores in the nfl.

get greg olson the fuck outta here. This is a team built to play backyard football on offense and the playcalls are smashmouth/little west coast. Its a fucking joke.
The best time for a team to fire their HC is coming off a loss in Europe, where COINCIDENTALLY the Jags play next week.

I'm not saying its gonna happen but they do have the interim HC ready in Doug Marrone.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
The best time for a team to fire their HC is coming off a loss in Europe, where COINCIDENTALLY the Jags play next week.

I'm not saying its gonna happen but they do have the interim HC ready in Doug Marrone.
TBH right now i'd prefer a switch at OC just so this team has a chance in close games, there were mistakes made but the playcalling was just atrocious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)