SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Discussion

This one is a weird metaphor for moving on to the afterlife though...

Or she drowned when her boat crashed on the way back to see her parents.

I'm having an issue with the demo as it appears time is not moving forward when it's fine on my 3DS. One of the events says it will happen in 1 day but it's been 3 days irl and it hasn't triggered.

iirc, any clock change pauses everything for 24 hours. Maybe the demo restarted the time count, or something like that. That's why, when DST gets out of effect, I just ignore it and know it's an hour after the real time.
Probably, though I think it's been more than 24 hours since I set the time. I guess I'll just wait it out and if time is just borked, I might just re download it.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Wait, is it common for the 3DS to be one hour behind? I thought I was the only one with that problem.
Mine is the opposite. When Pokémon XY was released, we were already in DST in Brazil. Thay year was the last time I changed the clock, so half of the year, my 2DS is one hour ahead of time.
Yup. I just deal with the fact the clock is wrong because it screws up so many time based events in my Pokemon games. Who really even uses the DS clock anyway? Even the environment change times on the games are usually at decent enough times that you can wait around for an hour if you need it to be night time (probably going to be stranger in Moon but hey). Basically: Unless you're going to RNG for Gen 5 mons or something don't touch the clock. Even using the official DST setting screws the reset timer on Pokemon and probably some other games.

Well I am liking the starters so far, at first I was still gonna go for Incineroar since I am incredible biased to Fires startes(except Emboar, fuck him) and overall looks good, but damn, Decidueye is so cool, if its signature move does some respectable damage aside from also trapping it could be good for controling a bit more prediction and momentum, its typing is freaking cool.

Sad that Tapu Bull is Grass/Fairy , Fire /Fairy would have been amazing, Tapu Dolphin on the other hand is one of my favorites mon after this, good design, good typing, amazing ability, so much potential in there, I am seeing a possible good wincon set if she gets a good setup move in the future(I am calling for that Shell Smash), status spam could be toned down a good amount this gen maybe.

Anyways, I am hyped for this.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So, what are you going to send over to the main game first? Since I can't use Ash-Greninja until I think they said the second island I'm thinking one of the selling items like the Nugget just to make sure I have early money to spend. When I get to the second island I'll send over Ash-Greninja.

Given that Ash-Greninja is the only Pokemon you have, I wonder what will happen once you sent it to the full game? I suppose Kukui will give you his Pikachu again, permanently this time. Only time will tell.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Given that Ash-Greninja is the only Pokemon you have, I wonder what will happen once you sent it to the full game? I suppose Kukui will give you his Pikachu again, permanently this time. Only time will tell.
It's copied over to the main game, Kukui will tell you that if you select Ash-Greninja to send over.

No he doesn't. He just says something along the lines of 'this isn't goodbye forever'. I presume you've interpreted that as him saying that it will still remain in the demo after you've transferred it. I saw that as him just saying you'll see that Greninja again soon when you obtain it in the full version. Guess we'll see.

He definitely did not outright say it'd be "copied over" that's for sure.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
No he doesn't. He just says something along the lines of 'this isn't goodbye forever'. I presume you've interpreted that as him saying that it will still remain in the demo after you've transferred it. I saw that as him just saying you'll see that Greninja again soon when you obtain it in the full version. Guess we'll see.

Oh, I was told he said it was copied over (I brought this question up in another thread, also asking if Kukui would lend us his Pikachu). Hm, well then I guess we don't know? Though I would still say it'll just copy it over as it makes sense, there's no need to get rid of the Greninja in the demo, just make it so once "sent over" you can't do it again. But we'll just have to see.

REMINDER: Tomorrow the man at the bottom left corner of the Town Hall is celebrating his Pikachu's birthday! He wonders if anyone would drop by to celebrate with him, so why not do just that (because you are the player thus must do everything). I don't know if you get an item from doing this or not.
IF YOU GOT THE DEMO EARLY you may want to talk to him TODAY, I got the demo on the 18th so this event is happening for me on the 30th (12 days after getting the game).

You're right.
However, one can deduce it will clone it based off of other in-demo items that get cloned if you accidentally lose it, like the Electrium.

If you do the catching challenge, catch Pikachu, give it the Electrium, and then release it you still have an Electrium in your bag.

So, based on that, we can assume.

You're right.
However, one can deduce it will clone it based off of other in-demo items that get cloned if you accidentally lose it, like the Electrium.

If you do the catching challenge, catch Pikachu, give it the Electrium, and then release it you still have an Electrium in your bag.

So, based on that, we can assume.
Rather bold to assume that based on that item, you're not going to accidentally lose that Greninja. If the Greninja does get cloned, it's because it's the only Pokemon you have with you. Flavourly speaking, it doesn't feel like the Greninja is being 'transferred over' if this is the case.

We could also assume that that's how those Z items work; they're like infinite TMs except they are attachable. I seriously do not believe they made the item infinite just for the demo so you couldn't lose it. Especially when the only way to lose it as you said is with the catching challenge which is after the main demo event where the item was suppose to be showcased.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)