SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Discussion

Rather bold to assume that based on that item, you're not going to accidentally lose that Greninja. If the Greninja does get cloned, it's because it's the only Pokemon you have with you. Flavourly speaking, it doesn't feel like the Greninja is being 'transferred over' if this is the case.

We could also assume that that's how those Z items work; they're like infinite TMs except they are attachable. I seriously do not believe they made the item infinite just for the demo so you couldn't lose it. Especially when the only way to lose it as you said is with the catching challenge which is after the main demo event where the item was suppose to be showcased.
No, rather italic of me to assume. (Harhar)

Anyways, that basic joke aside, in a full game or under different circumstances I would agree with you.
However, based on what I have seen in demo game play alone (the leaks didn't help confirm or deny anything), I feel like my assumption is an accurate one.
Feel free to disagree if you want, and I will make sure to post here to let everyone know I was wrong if I turn out to be.

Not excited about any of the events anymore. The most interesting one was probably the shady dealings at the harbor, but I can imagine a short cutscene that fades to black and gives you a... Comet Shard. The rest are probably even worse. Just "Thank you for seeing me off, here's your Pearl String".

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Forgot to talk about the event.

So we celebrated the guy's Pikachu birthday (surprised he didn't say it was Pikachu's 20th Birthday or they met 20 years ago) offscreen and afterwards was given a Balm Mushroom to remember it by? How did we celebrate Pikachu's birthday exactly? I mean I don't remember and the memento for it was a mushroom, hmm...

Well eitherway more money for the main game.

Not excited about any of the events anymore. The most interesting one was probably the shady dealings at the harbor, but I can imagine a short cutscene that fades to black and gives you a... Comet Shard. The rest are probably even worse. Just "Thank you for seeing me off, here's your Pearl String".
Agreed. I didn't do the one yesterday and probably won't do any of the others.

I think either something is wrong or I can't count...I got the demo on the 19th and the pikachu birthday thing hasn't initiated( I tried yesterday the 30th and today the 31st). I can't find anyone who mentions pikachu's birthday...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I think either something is wrong or I can't count...I got the demo on the 19th and the pikachu birthday thing hasn't initiated( I tried yesterday the 30th and today the 31st). I can't find anyone who mentions pikachu's birthday...
It should be the guy with the Pikachu at the bottom left corner of City Hall.

Today was finally able to get the girl in the shore to see Wigtrio with the camera, also found the area where you get the stardust, not sure if it was avaiable since day 1 because I think I talked with every NPC I saw.

I saw on bulbapedia that the balm mushrooms are from the guy with the pikachu at the hall, after day 12. Does that mean, that if I didn't talked with him yesterday I lose the chance of getting the balmushroom? I really wanted the sum of money it gives.

Also, I think I missed it too the girl that is waiting for a machamp, but as far I know it doesnt generate any items

What are the rest of scheluded npc-flags?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Today was finally able to get the girl in the shore to see Wigtrio with the camera, also found the area where you get the stardust, not sure if it was avaiable since day 1 because I think I talked with every NPC I saw.

I saw on bulbapedia that the balm mushrooms are from the guy with the pikachu at the hall, after day 12. Does that mean, that if I didn't talked with him yesterday I lose the chance of getting the balmushroom? I really wanted the sum of money it gives.

Also, I think I missed it too the girl that is waiting for a machamp, but as far I know it doesnt generate any items

What are the rest of scheluded npc-flags?
Yes, it seems like if you miss an event day than you miss the item they give. I'll save my thoughts until all of them have been done but I'll tell everyone this: I don't like it and don't want to see it return in the next demo (if they do one).

Yes again, the girl with the Machamp gives you nothing, I don't even know why they added it.

I posted the last two events in my previous post above. However you may want to do the math yourself to make sure your day is the same as mine. I downloaded the demo on the day of release, if you got it later your event will also happen later.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Yes, it seems like if you miss an event day than you miss the item they give.
Crap, I haven't touched the demo since the 1st day and assumed I'd be fine if I waited until later -_-

I liked the ORAS demo a bit better because it was pretty much a demo to play once and be done with it instead of having to repeatedly "play" it like this one (play in quotation marks because you don't really do anything).

I hope the full version has some setting to use the direction pad instead of the joystic for moving around. I get that Sun/Moon is not tilled like the previus games, but I really not like to being able to walk in a perfect straigth direction.

I mean, the adding the doors not being opened right as you get close to them is cool, but seems like a protection for not getting accidentally inside buildings with the joystic.

But imagine hatching eggs without the direction pad. I know that is doable with the joystic but without a tilled map and weird camera angles I wonder how sensible it will be to maintain a perfect direction.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I hope the full version has some setting to use the direction pad instead of the joystic for moving around. I get that Sun/Moon is not tilled like the previus games, but I really not like to being able to walk in a perfect straigth direction.

I mean, the adding the doors not being opened right as you get close to them is cool, but seems like a protection for not getting accidentally inside buildings with the joystic.

But imagine hatching eggs without the direction pad. I know that is doable with the joystic but without a tilled map and weird camera angles I wonder how sensible it will be to maintain a perfect direction.
You can set Pokemon Rides to the D-Pad directions and I assume that you can also set Key Items to the D-Pad too. (If not, a Surf button is still good enough to justify it.) Cool, but OCD like players won't be happy. As for eggs, just go in circles. Nothing can get in the way of that, right?

Like a record, baby
Ballet, the bane of egg hatching. XD

there was a guy telling that he wasn't getting any encounter in the grass, and realiced he was doing that pirouette, so I'm considering that the pirouette doesn't add steps to the egg counter

Also, for the poke-ride, it reminds me of how key items worked in the last game, you press Y and then one direction key to select the key item you want to use. Since there are no other relevant key items in the demo, pressing Y just shows the poke ride options, and you can shortcut to just use the direction keys

Even if they have got rid of some key items, like the bikes, and the itemfinder (I saw in bulbapedia there will be a stoutland poke ride that finds hidden items, so I assumed they deprecated the itemfinder too) there will be still key items that will be used, like the fishing rods. (the lapras pokeride will override slow surfing but I highly doupt lapras itself will fish, or that it won't be possible to fish from land.)

I know it's a hopeless wish but... I hope there are multiple kinds of the same Poke-Ride. I'm not exactly... excited to be forced to use a Stoutland for whatever it's meant to do, for instance.

(Really, if the good old traditional HM moves allow you to use any Pokemon as a Poke-Ride, it will be excellent)

I know it's a hopeless wish but... I hope there are multiple kinds of the same Poke-Ride. I'm not exactly... excited to be forced to use a Stoutland for whatever it's meant to do, for instance.

(Really, if the good old traditional HM moves allow you to use any Pokemon as a Poke-Ride, it will be excellent)
I think they would need to add specific models, or at least animations for the pokeride pokemon.

The option of getting different pokemon for the same role sounds fearsible, but having any pokemon to do it is too much dificult. Specially since both lapras and sharpedo have the same HM equivalent (surf) however lapras is more focused on calm surfing(with fishing) and sharpedo focused on fast surfing(aside of water version of rock break, I guess it will work as waterfall too and possibly whirpool/dive if it exist)

If they add the option for different rides on the same role, will probably be mid-late or even postgame and it will be a pretty narrow list

Man, there's no pleasing some people. GameFreak removes the need for HM slaves by replacing them with summonable Pokemon, and you want aesthetic options for it?

Man, there's no pleasing some people. GameFreak removes the need for HM slaves by replacing them with summonable Pokemon, and you want aesthetic options for it?
ORAS had multiple kinds of Surf Pokemon with their own models (and traits, but it's not what matters in my point) for what was basically no reason whatsoever, so there is some precedent.

ORAS had multiple kinds of Surf Pokemon with their own models (and traits, but it's not what matters in my point) for what was basically no reason whatsoever, so there is some precedent.
True, but there were minor differences between them. Sharpedo is able to break through barriers that Lapras can't, for instance. Odds are there may be different Ride Pokemon that do similar things (i.e Tauros and Mudsdale, Lapras and Sharpedo) but would be required for certain situations.

Maybe next gen? Unless they decide to screw us adding HMs again, I think it's possible.
Odds are a Gen 4 remake will go back to HMs, if I had to guess.

The cameras I get, but is it really annoying/difficult to hatch eggs using the Joystick? Maybe it's the fact that I used the Joystick extensively in XY, buy it doesn't seem that difficult.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)