Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The recent text datamine has blessed us with this list. I know we aren't supposed to speculate here, but this list makes doing so oh so tempting.

Ability List:

n/a --Battery
n/a ---Surge Surfer
n/a ---Full Metal Body
n/a ---Shadow Shield
n/a ---Comatose
n/a ---Power Construct
Stakeout
n/a ---Electric Surge
n/a ---Psychic Surge
n/a ---Misty Surge
n/a ---Grassy Surge
n/a ---Dazzling
n/a ---Berserk
n/a ---Water Compaction
n/a ---Corrosion
n/a ---Disguise
n/a ---Fluffy
n/a ---Stamina
Battle Bond
n/a ---Triage
n/a ---Wimp Out
n/a ---Dancer
n/a ---Shields Down
n/a ---Innards Out
n/a ---Schooling
n/a ---Receiver
n/a ---RKS System
n/a ---Queenly Majesty
n/a ---Soul Heart
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown

In other words, we still have 11 unseen Abilities, after already getting so many new, unique ones. I wonder what's to come...

Last edited:
The recent text datamine has blessed us with this list. I know we aren't supposed to speculate here, but this list makes doing so oh so tempting.

Ability List:

n/a --Battery
n/a ---Surge Surfer
n/a ---Full Metal Body
n/a ---Shadow Shield
n/a ---Comatose
n/a ---Power Construct
Stakeout
n/a ---Electric Surge
n/a ---Psychic Surge
n/a ---Misty Surge
n/a ---Grassy Surge
n/a ---Dazzling
n/a ---Berserk
n/a ---Water Compaction
n/a ---Corrosion
n/a ---Disguise
n/a ---Fluffy
n/a ---Stamina
Battle Bond
n/a ---Triage
n/a ---Wimp Out
n/a ---Dancer
n/a ---Shields Down
n/a ---Innards Out
n/a ---Schooling
n/a ---Receiver
n/a ---Battle Bond
n/a ---RKS System
n/a ---Queenly Majesty
n/a ---Soul Heart
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown

In other words, we still have 11 unseen Abilities, after already getting so many new, unique ones. I wonder what's to come...
no way of knowing what the specific abilities are, but I'd be willing to bet many of those belong to the UB's

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader

Ability List:

n/a --Battery
n/a ---Surge Surfer
n/a ---Full Metal Body
n/a ---Shadow Shield
n/a ---Comatose
n/a ---Power Construct
Stakeout
n/a ---Electric Surge
n/a ---Psychic Surge
n/a ---Misty Surge
n/a ---Grassy Surge
n/a ---Dazzling
n/a ---Berserk
n/a ---Water Compaction
n/a ---Corrosion
n/a ---Disguise
n/a ---Fluffy
n/a ---Stamina
Battle Bond
n/a ---Triage
n/a ---Wimp Out
n/a ---Dancer
n/a ---Shields Down
n/a ---Innards Out
n/a ---Schooling
n/a ---Receiver
n/a ---Battle Bond
n/a ---RKS System
n/a ---Queenly Majesty
n/a ---Soul Heart
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown

Is Battle Bond also twice there or was this just an error while copying?
Either way, I feel like they might be 3 for the Starter's HA and the rest for the Beasts

Considering that Wimpod's evolution is far from a wimp, I wonder what Wimp Out will be replaced with when Wimpod evolves. Looking at the design, I can't think of much existing abilities that could be applied to it. Maybe Tough Claws, Battle Armor, Intimidate maybe? Not sure on that front.

Reactions: nv

Ability List:

n/a --Battery
n/a ---Surge Surfer
n/a ---Full Metal Body
n/a ---Shadow Shield
n/a ---Comatose
n/a ---Power Construct
Stakeout
n/a ---Electric Surge
n/a ---Psychic Surge
n/a ---Misty Surge
n/a ---Grassy Surge
n/a ---Dazzling
n/a ---Berserk
n/a ---Water Compaction
n/a ---Corrosion
n/a ---Disguise
n/a ---Fluffy
n/a ---Stamina
Battle Bond
n/a ---Triage
n/a ---Wimp Out
n/a ---Dancer
n/a ---Shields Down
n/a ---Innards Out
n/a ---Schooling
n/a ---Receiver
n/a ---Battle Bond
n/a ---RKS System
n/a ---Queenly Majesty
n/a ---Soul Heart
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown
n/a ---Unknown

I can easily see decidueye getting stakeout as a hidden ability. It could force its target into switching out with the menace of locking him with its signature move (soul shackles or something like that) and punishing the one who comes in with extra damage AND a possible lock from the move. And as it probably will get some boosting move, you could benefit from either hitting the pokemon switching in and dishing out more damage than it would on a resisted hit or setting up a little with say, bulk up\swords dance\hone claws.

I'm sorry for asking this, but... is there a place which stores the model pictures of the Pokemon of different formes or genders? I'm currently drawing something and wonder about Alolan Raichu's gender differences since I forgot if there has been one shown. I couldn't even recall if the Raichu we've been seeing is male or female, and would like to know what the female's tail look like.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm sorry for asking this, but... is there a place which stores the model pictures of the Pokemon of different formes or genders? I'm currently drawing something and wonder about Alolan Raichu's gender differences since I forgot if there has been one shown. I couldn't even recall if the Raichu we've been seeing is male or female, and would like to know what the female's tail look like.
don't see a gender difference for alolan raichu from the images we got from the demo (images 47 and 48 are alolan raichu in the following package) can find all the dex images in a downloadable package here, which includes gender differences tat we know of: https://twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/788279824796229632

Is Battle Bond also twice there or was this just an error while copying?
Either way, I feel like they might be 3 for the Starter's HA and the rest for the Beasts
Yeah, that was a typo, sorry :| Thanks for pointing it out! I'lll fix it.

don't see a gender difference for alolan raichu from the images we got from the demo (images 47 and 48 are alolan raichu in the following package) can find all the dex images in a downloadable package here, which includes gender differences tat we know of: https://twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/788279824796229632
Whih is a shame. I was really disappointed to see that it didn't have the tail differences. Why did GF introduce Gender differences in Gen 4, only to not use them much with the Mons in later Gens, and then drop them altogether?

I bet it keeps wimp out

like that's the joke
wimpod becomes big buff predator hell bug and gets good stats but is still a scardey baby
This would actually be nice, because Wimp Out is a unique and potentially interesting ability, and lots of people were disappointed that it was probably going to be stuck on a NFE (I know that some people expected it to change on evolution even before we saw the evo's sprite).

Considering how much they like making multiple abilities that have the same exact effect, it's always been a little weird that "Levitate" is just....Levitate.

I bet it keeps wimp out

like that's the joke
wimpod becomes big buff predator hell bug and gets good stats but is still a scardey baby
I'd hope not. Because, while I like the idea of a Rippedpod because just as much of a terrified little baby as its Pre-Evo, I would really like for this thing to get something a little more conducive to competitive play. While Wimp Out could be interesting Ability, due to it being a built-in Eject Button, It would be nice if it got Guts, Tough Claws, Battle Armor, or even Shed Skin.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Considering how much they like making multiple abilities that have the same exact effect, it's always been a little weird that "Levitate" is just....Levitate.

I bet it keeps wimp out

like that's the joke
I'm wondering if maybe it'll get No Guard, one of the opposite Abilities of Wimp Out (since I don't see it getting Shadow Tag or Arena Trap). As Wimpod it was unable to take a single hit without retreating while as its muscular evolved form it'll gladly take every hit.

I've noticed a theme about Alola's evolutions is that at some point many do a 180 what the prevo was. Stuffel is afraid of being hugged where Bewear wants to give (back breaking) hugs, Yungoos actively hunts while Gumshoos stays in one spot and ambushes, Bounsweet is afraid everyone wants to eat it while Steenee is a tomboy who kicks your behind if you start anything with it.

I'm wondering if maybe it'll get No Guard, one of the opposite Abilities of Wimp Out (since I don't see it getting Shadow Tag or Arena Trap). As Wimpod it was unable to take a single hit without retreating while as its muscular evolved form it'll gladly take every hit.

I've noticed a theme about Alola's evolutions is that at some point many do a 180 what the prevo was. Stuffel is afraid of being hugged where Bewear wants to give (back breaking) hugs, Yungoos actively hunts while Gumshoos stays in one spot and ambushes, Bounsweet is afraid everyone wants to eat it while Steenee is a tomboy who kicks your behind if you start anything with it.
doing total 180s is pretty common in pokemon, which is why I think at some point they're going to do something that looks like a 180, but isn't

may as well be the thing that got a uniqe ability to swtich out when it hits half hp

I think it'll be like Slaking or Archeops if Wimp Out is kept, in that its absurdly strong and fast, but is very hard to build around.

Still though, I haven't read the mechanics for Wimp Out in a while, but will indirect damage affect the ability? Like for instance, will it switch out if it gets hit with Sandstorm/Hail chip damage to half HP, or god forbid, will it switch out immediately if entry hazards cause it to reach half HP upon switching in?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I think it'll be like Slaking or Archeops if Wimp Out is kept, in that its absurdly strong and fast, but is very hard to build around.

Still though, I haven't read the mechanics for Wimp Out in a while, but will indirect damage affect the ability? Like for instance, will it switch out if it gets hit with Sandstorm/Hail chip damage to half HP, or god forbid, will it switch out immediately if entry hazards cause it to reach half HP upon switching in?
It's damage from an opponent's attack.

EDIT: Derp, its half health. That's what I get for going off memory. So I imagine as soon as it gets to half health it'll retreat asap. I imagine it'll work like so:

Opponent attacks first: Switch out on its turns.
Opponent attacks last: Switch out end of round.
In A Double/Triple Battle: Switch out at end of whoever turn it was.
Brought to half at the end of the turn: Switch out beginning of next round.

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
So... It'll be just Parting Shot Trademarked Pangoro but without droping oponent's stats?
Or perhaps it's like Zen Mode. You switch to the forme if you drop below 50%, but if you switch out it won't activate until your hp drops again

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
UTurn but without damaging the opponent
Eject Button but only at half health
Eject Button (but only at half health) is probably the best example. At least with Parting Shot and U-Turn you have 3 other moves (and had done an additional effect), while with Eject Button and Wimp Out you gave up your only item/Ability slot and it only causes your Pokemon to switch out.

Though this makes me wonder, will Wimp Out let you choose what is switched out or is it random cause that would affect its effectiveness.

Eject Button (but only at half health) is probably the best example. At least with Parting Shot and U-Turn you have 3 other moves (and had done an additional effect), while with Eject Button and Wimp Out you gave up your only item/Ability slot and it only causes your Pokemon to switch out.

Though this makes me wonder, will Wimp Out let you choose what is switched out or is it random cause that would affect its effectiveness.
Yeah, if it's random then that will be pretty much worthless. Still:
715.png

Rippedpod here doesn't look like it's all that worried or neurotic. I mean, what does a samurai prawn monster have to fear?

And I know that it keeping Wimp Out would be a funny twist on things, but I can totally see this thing getting a variety of potentially more devastating abilities, so here's to hoping that that happens!

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
If Nintendo gives Buffpod an ability that has any correlation to the Giant Isopod it's based on they'll probably give it:

Battle Armor (because it's covered in armor)
Compound Eyes (because it has compound eyes)
Pressure (because it lives at the bottom of the ocean)

But knowing Nintendo they'll give it Swift Swim or something random.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)