Necrozma Discussion

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Necrozma

Psychic
Abilities: Prism Armor / Prism Armor / Prism Armor
HP: 97
Atk: 107
Def: 101
SpAtk: 127
SpDef: 89
Spe: 79

Level Up

Start - Moonlight
Start - Morning Sun
Start - Charge Beam
Start - Mirror Shot
Start - Metal Claw
Start - Confusion
L7 - Slash
L13 - Stored Power
L19 - Rock Blast
L23 - Night Slash
L31 - Gravity
L37 - Psycho Cut
L43 - Power Gem
L47 - Autotomize
L53 - Stealth Rock
L59 - Iron Defense
L67 - Wring Out
L73 - Prismatic Laser
TMs

TM03 - Psyshock
TM04 - Calm Mind
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM21 - Frustration
TM22 - Solar Beam
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM29 - Psychic
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM42 - Facade
TM44 - Rest
TM46 - Thief
TM48 - Round
TM56 - Fling
TM57 - Charge Beam
TM59 - Brutal Swing
TM63 - Embargo
TM65 - Shadow Claw
TM67 - Smart Strike
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM69 - Rock Polish
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM73 - Thunder Wave
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM75 - Swords Dance
TM78 - Bulldoze
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM81 - X-Scissor
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM91 - Flash Cannon
TM92 - Trick Room
TM97 - Dark Pulse
TM100 - Confide

New Ability

Prism Armor: Reduces the power of super effective attacks taken.

New Move

Prismatic Laser: The user shoots powerful lasers using the power of a prism. The user can't move on the next turn. 100% accuracy [Psychic] 160 BP, Special.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
THIS is the Edgelord.

Not very impressive-looking. It's lacking in good Special coverage and its stat spread just seems okay.

It looks like a bug that merged with godzilla. Love the name to. I am disappointed though this pokemon is slaughtered by dark types and cant even learn focus blast. Other than some weird offensive set or SR the only thing it should try to do is a Stored power set.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
It looks like a bug that merged with godzilla. Love the name to. I am disappointed though this pokemon is slaughtered by dark types and cant even learn focus blast. Other than some weird offensive set or SR the only thing it should try to do is a Stored power set.
I wouldn't say it gets slaughtered. It has good bulk, prism armour, and brick break. It could beat some dark types one on one if it had to. Focus Blast would have been nice, though.

I've read this thing could complete the trio together with Solgaleo and Lunaala, and it's odd how it both gets Morning Sun and Moonlight at level 1.

It's biggest flaw would be that speed. Still, it can learn Autotomize and Rock Polish.

It can serve as an offensive hitter at both sides of the spectrum; Mixed attacker is what is looking best for it (it has Alakazam special attack level, bad thing is it only got that 60 power psychic Hyper Beam, Psychic, Psyshock, Dark Pulse, Power Gem, and Flash Cannon to abuse that; it also has a very good attack paired with some stuff like Night Slash, Brick Break, Earthquake, Psycho Cut, Stone Edge, Shadow Claw, or X-Scissor). It can learn also Swords Dance or Calm Mind.

I see it as a defensive pivot more: it has good defenses (97/101/89) which can make it somewhat bulky plus it ability which is somewhat like Solid Rock. It has recovery, can stealth rock, can support with screens, toxic or paralysis, and can boost its defense with Iron Defense.

It also has both Stored Power and Wring Out. I feel this Pokemon is very versatile without being broken.

It seems mostly outclassed by other Psychic types like Mew, but depending how much Prism Armor reduces damage by it could have a niche. If it reduces by say 50% (wishful thinking) then I'm thinking CM Stored Power + Bulk + Prism Armor is a set. Nifty moves like Iron Defence, Trick Room, and Substitute help it in that respect.

I don't understand why this thing is still regarded as an Ultra-Beast in-game. It is definitely in relation with Solgaleo and Lunala IMO. First, it has 600 BST instead of UB's 570, has suspicious Morning Sun/MoonLight at level 1, is Psychic type, and represents Prisms, which are associated to light. I'm really intrigued by this thing, I'm impatient to see if it really got a secret once we get the game and the scenario.

This thing eats ass...only good set that stands out is a Fat support pivot with steath rocks or trick room.

Speed creep base 70s? (bisharp,breloom and co)throw on some physical bulk,use it as a lead (with hp ice?) to combat lando, chomper and other ground steath rock users. (This is if you are not trick room)
Special bulky? why are using it special bulky, there are going to be a lot of fighting types in the meta spamming HJK,CC,superpower,hammer arm and 3 of those are also bug so you die anyways.

Calm mind set is also meh because you only get hp fighting and brick break to pair with psychic stab!Speed creep standard mega hera sets?Ok, but weavil and t-tar eats you even with prism armor.

It can take knock offs and pursuits but it only has 8 pp on its recovery. It can take pheramosa/buzzswole bug stabs after calm mind(bug buzz) and KO back so that's a plus i guess. But that is only if its 252 hp/252 def spreads and in consequence heracross outspeeds and murder you. I have not even mentioned metagross, jirachi and scizor who just bully you if u have no hp fire.

Spec?scarf?Trick Room? the only workable moves it has are hp fire,flash cannon,dark pulse,power gem,psychic/psyshock (eww, at least trick room helps your team)

In conclusion it looks like a crappier mew with a limited move pool (mew also avoids getting crushed by physical dark/bug moves because they don't want to switch into a will-o-wisp. Therefore its ability doesn't outclass mew either).

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I don't understand why this thing is still regarded as an Ultra-Beast in-game. It is definitely in relation with Solgaleo and Lunala IMO. First, it has 600 BST instead of UB's 570, has suspicious Morning Sun/MoonLight at level 1, is Psychic type, and represents Prisms, which are associated to light. I'm really intrigued by this thing, I'm impatient to see if it really got a secret once we get the game and the scenario.
It's probably the third game's Legendary.
Also I'm pretty sure it's not regarded as an UB.

I'm disappointed. This pokemon looks absolutely badass and yet that's probably one of the most meh movepools I've seen in a while. Stats are good except for Speed, although it's not really doing an awful lot with its tiny Special movepool. Still, it's decently bulky (with help from its ability) and could probably run a decent CM set in UU; probably something like CM / Psyshock or Psychic / coverage move / Moonlight. SubCM Stored Power sets may be a thing as well with other team members to deal with Dark types. It'll also be a fairly decent supporter down there with access to both Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave.

Snou

the grand master of all the things bad!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
This thing with those defences and its ability can be a good OU mon :O Rocks, Toxic, Moon light, Twave, High Spatk are really useful but it has an awful coverage and a sad single-typed Psychic type. Not that broken, but definitively decent :o

Im very interested in this Pokemon. I immediately thought it was the coolest of the Ultra Beasts when I first saw him, although it seems he isn't even an UB at this point. He doesn't have Beast Boost and has 600 BST while the rest of the UBs have 570. Based on his looks and the prefix 'necro' in his name, I was sure he would be a dark or ghost type before it was revealed to just be Psychic. Oh well.

The idea of him being the third member of the cover trio is quite interesting. He then may potentially even get a new form when a third game/Gen IV remake is released. Zygarde was the final member of his cover trio that had 600 BST as well, while Xerneas and Yveltal had 680. The new Zygarde complete form gives him the extra power boost to surpass Xerneas and Yveltal at 708 (according to the new Zygarde thread). Kyurem is another example of a weaker third cover legendary, at least initially. While the numbers aren't the exact same (Kyurem 660, Reshiram/Zekrom 680), Kyurem was weaker than his fellow cover legends until he was given a new form that hit 700 BST. Just a theory.

This is something to watch for in the games beyond Sun/Moon when the move tutors return. As of right now, it's fairly balanced statswise and its ability partially makes up for bad defensive typing but severely let down by a shallow movepool. At the very least, it has plenty of good selling points - Thunder Wave, reliable healing, Stealth Rock, and viable mixed sets. It will at least enjoy some use in higher levels of play, unlike XY Zygarde.

Seriously, prisms refract light and it uses all kinds of laser-based moves....would it have killed GF to give this thing Dazzling Gleam? No matter, all this thing really needs is a few coverage moves that are certain to come in future games.

So this guy is practically confirmed to be the Zygarde of the Solgaleo/Lunala trio.

(Zygarde because much lower BST)

i think a lot of people overestimate what the average dark attacker can do. most of the big dark threats are physical, and 97/101 defenses + prism shield (depending on how much prism shield resists, ofc, but i'm assuming it's similar to solid rock, even 1/4th off will matter) means that it's likely surviving those hits. goes doubly so for any potential special attackers if it runs a CM set, which looks really, really good from a glance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)