SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard about that. I'm just curious if it will allow us to catch Pokemon that aren't native to Alola. Like Scolipede or something
the QR scanner allows you to catch 27 non-native pokemon lines (all of them are 3 stage lines, so 81 pokemon total)

it's....it's a step back, shall we say.

Thanks for doing all of the legwork on the egg move front, Riah. It's invaluable.

Any chance you'll be exploring something similar as it pertains to legal/illegal egg moves for the returnees?
After all, we're starting from scratch with them as well at least until the bank comes online in January.

Let's say I want to recreate the Smogon-recommended Dual Screens moveset for Ledian from XY.
I'll need to breed over Encore from the Bug group.
Shuckle would normally be the route for that but he's not around.
Phew! You asked for it, and you got it! All pokemon catchable in the alola dex, as well as legal/illegal moves when taking the QR code pokemon into account.

the QR scanner allows you to catch 27 non-native pokemon lines (all of them are 3 stage lines, so 81 pokemon total)

it's....it's a step back, shall we say.
Few steps forward, and a few steps back. I think they realized just how easy and casual XY really were. After they essentially "set the bar" with those games ORAS had to be even easier to act as the "sequel" of gen 6. They're revamping things like story (no spoilers) which from what I hear are drastically improved from the garbage that was XY. While actually making players grind even only slightly more than XY, but the payoff is fantastic. Compared to mindlessly killing hordes over and over, we have a few more options.

Few steps forward, and a few steps back. I think they realized just how easy and casual XY really were. After they essentially "set the bar" with those games ORAS had to be even easier to act as the "sequel" of gen 6. They're revamping things like story (no spoilers) which from what I hear are drastically improved from the garbage that was XY. While actually making players grind even only slightly more than XY, but the payoff is fantastic. Compared to mindlessly killing hordes over and over, we have a few more options.
I think ORAS is harder & more involved than XY almost across the board and I say that as someone who turned exp share off in XY.

I think ORAS is harder & more involved than XY almost across the board and I say that as someone who turned exp share off in XY.
Depends on how you look at it. ORAS introduced Blissey suicide bases, every EV hot spot was only that one stat Horde. Weather no longer blocked you from sweet scent. Yes, the story was amazing, especially in the Delta episode. But they more-or less took the mechanics of XY and made them even easier.

I do think they were inspired by "soaring" in ORAS and how it took fly HM out of the picture. So they thought "hey, why don't we do that for all HMs?"

You know if they're going to up the focus on doubles in the future you know what would be nice

a doubles mode for the main story.
Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale Of Darkness did his, but as far as i know both games got mixed reviews for being so different.

Depends on how you look at it. ORAS introduced Blissey suicide bases, every EV hot spot was only that one stat Horde. Weather no longer blocked you from sweet scent. Yes, the story was amazing, especially in the Delta episode. But they more-or less took the mechanics of XY and made them even easier.

I do think they were inspired by "soaring" in ORAS and how it took fly HM out of the picture. So they thought "hey, why don't we do that for all HMs?"
oh
pha

ok so i missed the context here (DESPITE TALKING ABOUT IT FOR HTE PAST 3 PAGES). I thought you meant game difficulty, not barrier to competitive battling.

end me this is like the 6th time this week

oh
pha

ok so i missed the context here (DESPITE TALKING ABOUT IT FOR HTE PAST 3 PAGES). I thought you meant game difficulty, not barrier to competitive battling.

end me this is like the 6th time this week
Lol no biggie, I was essentially saying XY made competitive building easier, and having a bad story to go with it. Sun and Moon realized how mindlessly easy they made it. So not only did they make you grind a bit more for a big pay off, but some beloved features (friend safari) are gone to make it more interactive with summoning allies as you torture a pokemon

Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale Of Darkness did his, but as far as i know both games got mixed reviews for being so different.
XD & Colosseum didn't get mixed reviews for being "different" as it were that the games had pretty significant flaws. Colosseum in particular is quite ugly and not just because of the completely unaltered n64 models; lots of fuzzy textures, lots of ........ interesting ......... character designs that barely move. Both games are almost excruciatingly slow in both battles & text. On a more gameplay specific perspective, you had a very weird balance of pokemon and when they were available (XD shoves literally half of its pokemon in the final location of the game). Purifying a shadow pokemon was also kind of its own annoying affair (that XD significantly improved on), especially since you needed to purify them to trade them over to main games.

The differences probably did wear on people, but there were other things more at the forefront here.
It's a shame they never did a third game. XD was significantly improved over Colosseum in almost every way and I'm sure a third game would ahve been even better.

1) I assume that the Battle Tree is the new Battle Maison/Frontier/etc. Is there anything interesting about it compared to previous iterations?

2) Is Ability Capsule in the game?

3) I've read multiple times that hyper training doesn't change the IVs, it just "masks" them with 31s. How can you tell? In other words, if the stat screen just shows the stats (and not the IVs), wouldn't a bad-IV and a perfect-IV Pokemon be indistinguishable? Also, does the game tell you that a max IV Pokemon is ineligible for hyper training?

1) I assume that the Battle Tree is the new Battle Maison/Frontier/etc. Is there anything interesting about it compared to previous iterations?

3) I've read multiple times that hyper training doesn't change the IVs, it just "masks" them with 31s. How can you tell? In other words, if the stat screen just shows the stats (and not the IVs), wouldn't a bad-IV and a perfect-IV Pokemon be indistinguishable? Also, does the game tell you that a max IV Pokemon is ineligible for hyper training?
1)Battle Tree has mini bosses in the form of trial captains/characters such as Guzma/Plumeria. Not sure exactly on what number/what frequency you encounter each on though. There's also the battle royale facility.

2) Ability Capsule is available for 100bp at the Battle Royale Facility service counter

3) IIRC it just shows the stats are the maximum they can be. Only real difference is that hyper trained ones don't pass down ivs. You can't hyper train a Pokemon with max ivs in every stat.

1) AI is definitely more competent in Battle Tree. I'd compare it more to a Frontier Facility, though. As the guy above me said, there are "mini-bosses" within it that you can face, such as Wally and Cynthia, or even Blue or Red. I'm not sure if the Trial Captains are present in it, though. But there are a few other characters that you can come across, but I'm not mentioning names.

2) Yes, Battle Royale area for 100 BP at a shop inside the building.

3) Hyper Training does not alter the actual IV, instead it raises the stat of the Pokemon to its maximum as if it did have an IV of 31 in that stat. This also lets you have the maximum stat for any Hidden Power type.

Example: Pokemon A has an IV of 25 in Speed and has 300 Speed, but can obtain 306 Speed if it had an IV of 31. Hyper Training sets the Speed stat to 306, but keeps the IV at 25.

Hey guys, just an update:
My Sun Moon spreadsheet dex is finished. Got dex entries, full movesets, almost everything!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...tk0FCRAx51xVkuOlcWaJk1zPvE/edit#gid=364158318

Some people have been asking for sprites too, but I don't have those atm. If anyone knows where I can mass-download all of them at once, I could maybe get that done.
I love your spread sheets man. Keep it up! Sprites would be awesome though, but if your having problems then don't worry about it.
On another note, you could add area data for each Pokemon. For example, every area in the game you can catch a Yungoos. Maybe the appearance % and level too.
If that's also too much as well, don't worry about it also. I enjoyed looking at the old spread sheet you had. This new one is even better. Well done :D
(I have it hotkeyed to my chrome books favourites list)

Thanks for your replies, guys. My question about hyper training boils down to: Can you tell apart a Pokemon that was caught with bad IVs versus a Pokemon that was caught with good IVs? Maybe there's an IV checker guy somewhere in the game, but ignoring that, just looking at the Pokemon alone, can you tell? If you can't tell, is there any point to soft-resetting for good IVs any more?

Thanks for your replies, guys. My question about hyper training boils down to: Can you tell apart a Pokemon that was caught with bad IVs versus a Pokemon that was caught with good IVs? Maybe there's an IV checker guy somewhere in the game, but ignoring that, just looking at the Pokemon alone, can you tell? If you can't tell, is there any point to soft-resetting for good IVs any more?
If you put a Pokemon with an IV of 0 in all stats who did Hyper Training to all stats and compared it to a Pokemon with an IV of 31 in all stats, you won't be able to tell the difference unless you took both to an IV Checker (which I think is present in the Battle Tree).

If you have access to easy Bottle Caps, IVs aren't super important unless you want a specific Hidden Power, but IVs are still a good thing, since you won't always have Bottle Caps on the ready.

Does anyone know the exact amount you need to leave your pokemon on isle evelup for a specific amount of evs....like the time/ev ratio

Can anyone confirm whether or not the National Dex still exists? I've heard rumours that it doesn't but it seems like a weird decision for collecting every Pokemon to just not matter anymore and that would presumably mean no more shiny charm either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)