Megas For All: V4! (Voting - Lickilicky, Togekiss, Dusknoir)

Would you guys be interested if I had MFA include Gen 8 mons when it comes out?

• Total voters
How's it gonna work with Minior given that it has 2 forms that it can change between in battle? Will what form you're in when you mega evolve effect what you mega evolve into or will it just have the same mega evo regardless? Also, are we going Lycanroc like we did with Gourgeist?
Technicalities aside, I think the 3 most common "normal" gen 7 mons are Toxapex, Salazzle and Passimian so that's my vote for the slate.
On Minior it will probably have to just have one Mega unless the Mega itself has Shields Down itself, in which case the Mega will have two forms.

With Lycanroc, it's not really a Gourgeist case since Midnight and Midday have slightly different movepools and abilities, where Gourgeist's chances are only to size and stats. Lycanroc should get a Mega for each form imo.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How's it gonna work with Minior given that it has 2 forms that it can change between in battle? Will what form you're in when you mega evolve effect what you mega evolve into or will it just have the same mega evo regardless? Also, are we going Lycanroc like we did with Gourgeist?
Technicalities aside, I think the 3 most common "normal" gen 7 mons are Toxapex, Salazzle and Passimian so that's my vote for the slate.
please god, no Mega-Toxapex

Ludicrousity

Giving Minior a mega would be very cool, but honestly, I feel like Bewear, Salazzle and Palossand aren't the biggest priorities here, as imao there are mons that'd appreciate a mega more, like Lurantis, Toucannon and Shiinotic. As for Toxapex.. Even though it is already very good, as I'm a huge Toxapex fan, personally, I'd love to see it get a mega too. Finally, I think the starters are good choices too, as even though they already have a signature Z-move and all, I feel like they need megas too!!
I think it would be best to start off with the Alola Starters

Only 4 people have voted so far, but I'm gonna try and post the next slate around 12:00 PM EST (little less than 2 hours from this post). Haven't started counting votes yet, so there's a chance of a tiebreaker being needed.

Ludicrousity

the current votes are as follows:

6: Full Korbe, Macemaster
5: N/A
4: Jaguar360
3: Exploudit
2: Laughing X-Naut, The Reptile
1: colorcodechaos

6: The Reptile, Full Korbe
5: Laughing X-Naut
4: N/A
3: Exploudit
2: Macemaster
1: Coolman6001, colorcodechaos

5: Laughing X-Naut, Exploudit
4: N/A
3: The Reptile, Macemaster, Kilgrave, Dilasc
2: Jaguar360

So we need a tiebreaker for all of the mons huh?

Gourgeist: Macemaster (Full Korbe's Mega is pretty interesting, but the fact that his ability is useless unless he gets burned is kinda.. I don't want to say stupid so I am gonna say not very useful)

Galvantula: Full_Korbe (Staying true to the general rules and way that gamefreak would make megas was pretty nice (like adding 10 to the attack which he will never use) , and the mega itself is pretty well thought and is surely gonna show on some teams, but not a lot since generally, teams do not have their mega as the lead)

Slurpuff: Exploudit (This mega really fits the concept and supposed capabilities of Slurpuff, getting nice defenses and SpA/Attack at the cost of speed, which doesn't really matter when your job is being a "tanky cannon", Wrecking easily and needing a lot of force to defeat it)

Gourgeist: Mace Master
Burn Heal is a very cool concept, but Conflagrate and imao better stats distributions are leaning me towards Mace Master's

Slurpuff: Exploudit
I can't believe my first subsmission already got a into a tiebraker :) thanks for the votes guys :)

Galvantula: Full Korbe
Compound Eyes + Sleep Powder is a very simple idea but still ana amazing one, I like this one :)

Winners of last slate:
Gourgeist:

Mega Gourgeist
Ability:
Conflagrate (Fire type -ate clone)
Typing: Fire/Grass
HP: 55-85 (+0)
Attack: 115-130 (+30)
Defense: 132 (+10)
Special Attack: 73 (+15)
Special Defense: 100 (+25)
Speed: 74-119 (+20)
New Moves: Earthquake and Knock Off
Ability Justification: The -ate abilities are so good because they provide extremely high base power STAB attacks, but with no boosting option and an average attack stat, Gourgeist is easy enough to wall.
Description: Gourgeist's soul is used as fuel for the inferno within it's jack-o-lantern. Gourgeist's unique typing, from an offensive and defensive perspective carves (get it?) a serious niche. While the super form has excellent bulk and attack making it a powerful tank, the small form hits a solid 119 speed tier and still has great bulk for an offensive pokemon. The standard form would never be seen as it's pretty much outclassed in every way, but Gourgeist large could make a solid all-out attacker as it can outspeed most wallbreakers while still being bulkier and harder hitting than the small form.
Gourgeist-Super @ Gourgeistite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Synthesis
- Return
- Earthquake/Seed Bomb/Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp/Leech Seed

Gourgeist-Small @ Gourgeistite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake/Knock Off
- Return
- Explosion/Will-O-Wisp/Synthesis

Gourgeist-Large @ Gourgeistite
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake/Knock Off
- Return
- Synthesis/Flame Charge
- Seed Bomb
Galvantula:
Mega Galvantula
Ability:
Compound Eyes
Typing: Bug/Electric
HP: 70
Attack: 77 --> 87 (+10)
Defense: 60 --> 80 (+20)
Special Attack: 97 --> 142 (+45)
Special Defense: 60 --> 60 (+0)
Speed: 108 --> 133 (+25)
New Moves: Sleep Powder
Description: Ahoy for the nearly-Spore Mega-mon ! Idk how much it will does, but thanks to Galvantula speed, he can easily Mega on the turn he sleeps someone (~97% accuracy), and then wreaks havoc with Bug Buzz / Thunder / Energy Ball (or HPsomething or VoltSwitch). Boosted defense let it take priority moves better but... it still really frail. Keep in mind that 142 is still not impressive without boosting moves, so he might be better suited for Sticky Web purposes.
Slurpuff:
Slurpuff-Mega
Ability:
Sweet Veil/Unburden ----> Fluffy (I know Fluffy isn't even an ability on gen 6 but I think it fits Slurpuff's concept so well that it would be stupid not to give it, as it halves physical attacks but doubles fire attacks used against the ability user. Alternatively, if you guys don't allow the exception, I'd go with Natural Cure)
Typing: Fairy

Stats:

HP: 82
Attack:
80 ----> 105 (+25)
Defense: 86 ----> 81 (-5)
Special Attack: 85 ----> 150 (+65)
Special Defense: 75 ----> 105 (+30)
Speed: 72 ----> 57 (-15)
Base Stat Total: 480 ----> 580 (+100)

Movepool Additions: Moonblast (it gets Flamethrower and doesn't get Moonblast?? What??)

Competitive Analysis: Getting a considerable buff to its special defense, and having its defense doubled by Fluffy, Slurpuff's bulk goes to above average levels and means it can switch into most moves. It's Special Attack got also a huge buff, meaning that it's Moonblasts, coupled with the huge number of special coverage it gets (Thunderbolt, Psychic, Energy Ball, Flamethrower and Surf) makes Slurpuff a very difficult Pokemon to switch into. The cotton candy pokemon also has reliable recovery on Wish and can help its partners with Aromatheraphy/Heal Bell.

Mega Slurpuff's main downside though, is his subpar speed, which makes him very susceptible to getting revenge killed and getting limited to four moveslots hinders his wallbreaking abilities. Many Steel types can take a Flamethrower and deal tons of damage back or can simply outspeed for the revenge kill. Same applies to Poison types, that have to watch out for Psychic, but still can take on Slurpuff easily.

Desing Description: His Cotton Candy hair grows even further and covers his back, he now has two more smaller cherries, at the sides of the bigger one, his tongue grows longer and he goes a little bit fatter.

As for the code of the ability I assume you can put part of the Fur Coat ability (doubles defense) and part of the Dry Skin ability (fire type moves have a 2x boost when used on this pokemon) if that's not possible, I'll figure out a way to code it, and even then, it'll have to be coded anyways when Sun & Moon comes out.

All Out Attacker

Slurpuff @ Surpuffite

Ability: Fluffy

EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD

Modest Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Moonblast

- Flamethrower / Surf / Energy Ball / Psychic / Thunderbolt

Mixed Wall

Slurpuff @ Surpuffite

EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD

Modest Nature

- Moonblast

- Wish

- Protect

- Toxic / Heal Bell

Double Dance

Slurpuff @ Surpuffite

EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD

Careful Nature

- Moonblast

- Cotton Guard

- Calm Mind

- Wish

Belly Drum

Slurpuff @ Surpuffite

EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD

Careful Nature

- Play Rough

- Belly Drum

- Drain Punch

- Substitute / Cotton Guard / Heal Bell
I updated my old spreadsheet copying WTCO's data and updated with the winners: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kimaMpRH7qcAQSwSNgFR_MKAvUscfLyNBfrvvI5hdfI/edit#gid=0

We've decided to do something interesting and go with an pair to start things off. Next slate is:

Marowak and Alolan Marowak!
Alolan Marowak has shown a lot of prominence in Sun and Moon OU so far, checking a variety of dangerous threats such as Phermosa and Tapu Koko. What will it and its Kantonese cousin do as Megas?
Both of these will get an Ability Rank of 5 considering their reliance on Thick Club.

Last edited:
I love this slate!! Amazing idea, so here's my attempt:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-​

Mega-Marowak
Ability:
Rock Head / Lightning Rod (Battle Armor) ----> Incandescent Ire (Fire-Type moves are drawn to this Pokémon. Electric-type moves will do no damage and the Pokémon's ATK is raised one stage.)[Lightning Rod alternative]
Typing: Ground ----> Ground/Ghost
Stats:

HP: 60 ----> 60
Attack:
80 ----> 170 (+90)
Defense: 110 ----> 120
Special Attack:
50 ----> 20 (-30)
Special Defense: 80 ----> 105 (+25)
Speed: 45 ----> 60 (+15)
Base Stat Total: 425 ----> 525 (+100)
Movepool Additions: Shadow Bone, Shadow Punch, Shadow Ball, Morning Sun
Description: Kanto-Marowak becomes a huge powerhouse after mega evolving, even though Thick Club Marowak has better attack, Mega Marowak gains three immunities from Mega-Evolving and mantains his previous Electric Immunity. Also, Marowak now finally gets the ghost typing he always wanted, specially after Sun & Moon came out, as his cousin had STAB Ghost moves and Kanto Marowak didn't. Unlike many physically oriented Ghost Types, though, Mega Marowak has a good Physical STAB to make use of. Incandescent Ire allows you to possibly further boost that Attack stat. Morning Sun gives Marowak the recovery it needs to last longer on field and mantain its offensive pressure.

All-Out Attacker

Marowak-Mega @ Marowakite
Ability: Incandescent Ire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake/Bonemerang
- Shadow Bone
- Knock Off
- Morning Sun/Stealth Rock/Fire Punch/Thunder Punch

Physical Tank

Marowak-Mega @ Marowakite
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake/Bonemerang
- Shadow Bone
- Stealth Rock/Knock Off
- Morning Sun

252+ Atk Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Mega: 348-410 (107.7 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Mega: 408-482 (126.3 - 149.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Marowak-Mega: 512-606 (158.5 - 187.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Marowak-Mega: 284-336 (87.9 - 104%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcanion Steam Eruption vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Marowak-Mega: 566-668 (175.2 - 206.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Mega: 291-346 (90 - 107.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Marowak-Mega: 330-390 (102.1 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Tapu Bulu Grassy Terrain Wood Hammer vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Mega: 756-890 (234 - 275.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Mega: 273-322 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Mega: 405-492 (125.3 - 152.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Xurkitree Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Marowak: 234-276 (72.4 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Marowak-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 153-181 (36.4 - 43%) -- 98.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

-1 252+ Atk Marowak-Mega Shadow Bone vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Landorus-Therian: 97-115 (25.4 - 30.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252+ Atk Marowak-Mega Earthquake vs. 240 HP / 176+ Def Garchomp: 175-207 (41.9 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Marowak-Mega Fire Punch vs. 244 HP / 216+ Def Tangrowth: 140-166 (34.8 - 41.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Marowak-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tapu Fini: 158-188 (45.9 - 54.6%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Alolan-Mega-Marowak
Ability:
Cursed Boby / Lightning Rod (Rock Head) ----> Resistent Rod (Electric-Type moves are drawn to this Pokémon. Electric-type moves will do no damage and the Pokémon's SP DEF is raised one stage.)[Lightning Rod alternative]
Typing: Fire/Ghost ----> Fire/Ghost

Stats:

Attack:
80 ----> 105 (+25)
Defense: 110 ----> 120
Special Attack:
50 ----> 20 (-30)
Special Defense: 80 ----> 170 (+90)
Speed: 45 ----> 60 (+15)
Base Stat Total: 425 ----> 525 (+100)
Movepool Additions: Knock Off, Brutal Swing, Pursuit, Moonlight, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch
Description: Alolan-Marowak was already a huge threat to the entire S&M because of two things: Its weird typing and weird ability, with all those factored in, Alolan-Marowak had a whopping 3 immunities, and as a common saying ou there says: if it aint broke dont fix it. So I mantained the immunities and tweaked Marowak's ability to boost SpDef instead of SpAtk, as that's his selling point. A Special wall with miserable 60/80 bulk, that's only usable due to its typing, now imagine if you somehow increased its bulk to 60/170 and left the typing unchanged? This pokémon would be very threatening to knock out and would still mantain a good defense too: 60/120 physical bulk is very good too, not to mention 105 base Atk and 60 base speed... Finally, Knock Off helps A-Marowak a lot too, as it can further increase his utility level. Moonlight gives it reliable recovery and makes Alowak even further to take down.

Special Tank

Marowak-Alola-Mega @ Alomarowakite
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fire Punch/Stealth Rock
- Shadow Bone/Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Moonlight

All-Out Attacker

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Knock Off/Moonlight/Stealth Rock/Will-O-Wisp
- Earthquake/Bonemerang/Moonlight/Stealth Rock/Will-O-Wisp

Physical Tank

EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fire Punch/Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Bone/Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock/Will-O-Wisp
- Moonlight

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Marowak-Alola-Mega: 264-312 (81.7 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Alola-Mega: 408-482 (126.3 - 149.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Alola-Mega: 474-560 (146.7 - 173.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Alola-Mega: 306-360 (94.7 - 111.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Alola-Mega: 282-332 (87.3 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Alola-Mega: 204-242 (63.1 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage

252 Atk Aerodactyl-Mega Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Alola-Mega: 288-342 (89.1 - 105.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Marowak-Alola-Mega: 226-268 (69.9 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 Atk Marowak-Alola-Mega Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 94-112 (22.3 - 26.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 Atk Marowak-Alola-Mega Flare Blitz vs. 244 HP / 216+ Def Tangrowth: 170-204 (42.2 - 50.7%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO

4 Atk Marowak-Alola-Mega Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mandibuzz: 103-123 (24.3 - 29%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 Atk Marowak-Alola-Mega Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 178-211 (27.7 - 32.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

4 Atk Marowak-Alola-Mega Shadow Bone vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 76-91 (19.2 - 23%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 Atk Marowak-Alola-Mega Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 192-228 (48.2 - 57.2%) -- 91.4% chance to 2HKO

4 Atk Marowak-Alola-Mega Shadow Bone vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 115-136 (29.9 - 35.4%) -- 25.9% chance to 3HKO

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
EDIT: A little question here: are we voting on the formes together or separately??

EDIT 2: Jaguar360, I think you added Mace Master's Mega to Trevenant and left Gourgeist-XL mega-less

EDIT 3: Added Recommended Sets, New Moves, How to Break & How to Wall - Adding Design Descritptions soon

Last edited:
EDIT: A little question here: are we voting on the formes together or separately??

I'll be doing suggested sets and Design Descriptions soon...

EDIT 2:
Voting for these will probably be done separately instead of in pairs. There's some precedence for this with the Nidos.

Mega Marowak
Ability:
Arena Trap
Typing: Ground/Dark
HP: 60
Attack: 150 (+70)
Defense: 130 (+20)
Special Attack: 50
Special Defense: 90 (+10)
Speed: 45
New Moves: Punishment, Head Smash
Description: Orphan-makers, meet your worst nightmare. With improved bulk (moreso physically), a greatly heightened Attack and an additional immunity, Mega Marowak functions as an extremely dangerous trapper. Its Speed is untouched, but does it need it? You already punish Choice item users that don't click U-turn, and if they get locked into something that can't defend itself you may find yourself facing a +6 Attack or Substitute-guarded Marowak (or god forbid both). Punishment is just aesthetically fitting, and Head Smash is a suitable egg move for the Cubone line anyway.

Mega Marowak-Alola
Ability:
Parental Bond
Typing: Ghost/Fire
Attack: 110 (+40)
Defense: 90 (-20)
Special Attack: 100 (+40)
Special Defense: 70
Speed: 95 (+50)
New Moves: Shadow Sneak, Head Smash
Description: Strengthened by the spirit of its mother, the Alolan Mega Marowak also strikes with a vengeance! It's not quite Mega Kangaskhan levels of threatening, but it has an expansive list of resists, can make use of both attacking stats, and can boost its Attack via Swords Dance or Power-up Punch with a transfer Cubone. Fitting its sleek build it sacrifices some defense to improve its speed, and Shadow Sneak gives it a (weak) priority move. You can even run a special or mixed set to surprise your opponent!

Marowak

Ground
Ground/Ghost

HP: 60 → 60 (0)

Atk: 80 → 90 (+10)

Def: 110 → 150 (+40)

SpA: 50 → 50 (0)

SpD: 80 → 120 (+40)

Spe: 45 → 55 (+10)

Rock Head/Lightning Rod/Battle ArmorHuge Power

New Moves: Head Smash, Shadow Sneak, Shadow Bone

• Ghost typing comes from Marowak's memorable role as the ghostly boss of Gen 1 Lavender Town.

• Huge Power gives a positive nature Marowak over 600 attack without needing to boost.

• 60/150/120 bulk allows Marowak to attempt to set up and raise its attack even further with Swords Dance

• Head Smash gives an alternative Rock type coverage move to Stone Edge, giving increased power in exchange for recoil.

• Shadow Sneak is STAB and allows Marowak to bypass its low speed. Shadow Bone is an alternative, stronger STAB move that lacks priority.

• Defensive typing is not great and Marowak's low speed means it will almost always have to take a hit first against offensive Pokemon. If using Head Smash, it only increases how quickly Marowak is worn down.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Mega Alolan Marowak
Type:
Fire/Ghost
Ability: Dancer
HP: 60 (+0)
Attack: 120 (+40)
Defense: 95 (-15)
Special Attack: 55 (+5)
Special Defense: 85 (+5)
Speed: 110 (+65)
New Move: Shadow Sneak
Description: I gave it the speed its sleek design deserves in addition to a solid attack buff to compensate for losing Thick Club. I felt like the Dancer ability fit it so well considering how you first see it in-game in the fire challenge dancing. With it, it can make pokemon like Volcarona and Dragonite think twice about setting up and can potentially sweep if they make the wrong play.
Marowak-Alola @ Marowakite-A
Ability: Lightning Rod
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Earthquake/Bonemerang
- Swords Dance/Low Kick/Shadow Sneak

Mega Marowak
Type:
Ground
Ability: Technician
HP: 60 (+0)
Attack: 145 (+65)
Special Attack: 30 (-20)
Special Defense: 95 (+15)
Speed: 65 (+20)
New Moves: Pursuit and Rock Blast
Description: Marowak skillfully wields its bone and strikes out with the obscenely powerful Technician boosted Bonemerang. The added speed allows Marowak to by able to outspeed competing wallbreakers and "speedy" walls in UU while still being able to afford an adamant nature.
Marowak @ Marowakite
Ability: Battle Armor
Adamant Nature
- Bonemerang
- Rock Blast/Smack Down
- Pursuit/Swords Dance/Power-Up Punch
- Aerial Ace

Last edited:
Marowak-Mega
Ability: Rock Head/Lightning Rod (Battle Armor) ----> Stakeout
Typing: Ground/Dark

Stats:

Attack:80 ----> 110(+30)
Defense: 110 ----> 150 (+40)
Special Attack: 50 ----> 50
Special Defense: 80 ----> 130 (+50)
Speed: 45 ----> 25 (-20)
Base Stat Total: 425 ----> 525
Movepool Additions: Pursuit, Knock Off
Description: A slow, bulky physical powerhouse that heavily punishes switches.
Flavor: It wears heavy armor made from bones it has collected. It uses underhanded tactics to ensure easy victory, but it only fights what it believes to be evil to try to strike a blow at the ever-present evil in the world. Its skin is now slightly darker brown, and the bone club is broken at one end, but incredibly sharp.

Marowak-Alola-Mega
Ability: Lightning Rod/Cursed Body (Rock Head) ----> Pure Power
Typing: Ghost/Fire

Stats:

Attack: 80 ----> 90 (+10)
Defense: 110 ----> 110
Special Attack: 50 ----> 50
Special Defense: 80 ----> 110 (+30)
Speed: 45 ----> 105 (+60)
Movepool Additions: Blaze Kick, Parting Shot
Description: Powerful physical sweeper with solid bulk and somewhat better than average Speed.
Flavor: It is empowered by its mother's spirit, allowing it to strike both faster and harder than ever with its bone club. It has become so consumed with willing to enact its vengeance against its mother's killer that it is now fueled only by pure spite and a drive for revenge, which it will stop at nothing to achieve. It is now black, with dual short bone clubs. The skull it wears is now more elongated and pointy, with chips in several places. The fire has basically completely consumed most of its body, and there are blue cracks with a dark blue glow emanating from them, the same as the fire on its bones.

Yes, the Megas being foils to each other was very much intentional.

Last edited:

Ability: Boneyard (Gale Wings Variant): Gives Priority to Bone moves, at any HP
Typing: Fire/Ghost
Attack: 100 (+20)
Defense: 150 (+40)
Special Attack: 20 (-30)
Special Defense: 150 (+70)
BST: 525 (+100)
Move Additions: Shore Up, Fire Lash
Design: The design of Marowak itself doesn't change, but it's flaming bone turns into a bone shield, also with green fire.
Description: Dear Arceus this is bulky. It is bulky because of it's amazing typing, access to Will-O-Wisp and recovery, and it's insanely high defensive stats. It also has the Bone-us (Puns) of granting all of it's bone moves priority (Shadow Bone and Bonemerang are the only major ones).
Offensive @ Marowakite A
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shore Up
- Fire Lash
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang

Specially Defensive @ Marowakite A
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Shore Up
- Shadow Bone
- Will-O-Wisp
- Fire Lash

Ability: Thick Skull (Thick Fat Variant): Reduces the damage of Ice and Dragon Type attacks by 50%
Typing: Ground/Dragon
Attack: 148 (+68)
Special Defense: 117 (+37)
Speed: 20 (-25)
Move Additions: Dragon Hammer, Dragon Dance
Design: The body becomes so big and bulky that it's skull around it's head breaks, revealing it's true Draconic body. The skull was very heavy. Marowak Mega is much slower and gains an insane boost in power. It likes to throw it's bulky body on the opponent as a form of attack
Description: This version is now much more bulkier, as it now only has two weaknesses, being a 2x weakness in Ice due to it's ability, and a Fairy Weakness. It is now much stronger, as a +1 outdamages regular Thick Club.
Marowak @ Marowakite K
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Hammer
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Last edited:
Mega Alolan Marowak
Ability: Huge Power
Attack: 110 (+30)
Defense: 140 (+30)
Special Attack: 25 (-25)
Move Additions: Shadow Sneak, Fire Lash
Design: Larger, stronger...I...I'm not the best in this field.
Description: Welcome to the bone zone. With Huge Power and those defenses, you can see why Speed is low. With Fire Lash and Shadow Sneak, you can slowly chip away at your opponents defenses. Also the perfect counter for Bewear.

Ema Skye

Work!
Mega Marowak
Type: Ground
Stats: 60 HP / 120 Atk (+40) / 130 Def (+20) / 40 SpA (-10) / 130 SpD (+50) / 45 Spe
Ability: Earthbender (Scrappy clone; allows Ground moves to hit Flying types/Levitaters for neutral damage)
New Moves: Bulk Up
Description: Didn't want to create a new Uber by throwing it Huge Power and calling it a day, and I wanted to leave some reason to run the regular Marowak. Gen 7 OU has already seen how potent Thousand Arrows Zygarde is, and so Marowak borrows from the new Dragon overlord. Regular Marowak hits much harder, but Mega Marowak can go for single move offense as the only resistances are Bug and Grass. RestTalk + Bulk Up + Earthquake is all it really needs to be a solid win condition.

Relevant Calcs:
+2 252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 196-231 (58.6 - 69.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Earthbender Mega Marowak Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 196-232 (58.6 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

The usual set would probably be Bonemerang/Rest/Sleep Talk/Bulk Up.

Mega Marowak-A
Type: Fire/Ghost
Stats: 60 HP / 50 Atk (-30) / 110 Def / 120 SpA (+70) / 80 Def / 105 Spe (+60)
Ability: No Guard
New Moves: Nasty Plot, Inferno
Description: So Marowak normally gets a ton of special moves (Blizzard, Thunder, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, etc.) and yet is stuck with an awful Special Attack stat that wastes so much of its movepool. Thanks to the Mega speed buff, Mega Marowak-A has a lot to benefit from its improved speed tier and it has a ton of options. The most readily available comparison is Mega Pidgeot, who boasts a higher speed tier and higher SpA, but is limited to just Hurricane and Heat Wave for any offense. Marowak has coverage in spades. Inferno might be a bit overkill, but it allows Marowak-A to be the most consistent speader of burn in the meta and helps it make up for its lack of offensive power.

A Wall-breaking set would likely be Inferno/Shadow Ball/[two of: Focus Blast, Thunder, Blizzard, Nasty Plot].

Mega Alolan Marowak
Attack: 110 (+30)
Special Attack: 25 (-25)
Move Additions: Shadow Sneak, Fire Lash
Design: Larger, stronger...I...I'm not the best in this field.
Description: Welcome to the bone zone. With Huge Power and those defenses, you can see why Speed is low. With Fire Lash and Shadow Sneak, you can slowly chip away at your opponents defenses. Also the perfect counter for Bewear.
was mawile not good enough for you

Marowak-Alola-Mega

Stats:

Attack: 80 ----> 90 (+10)
Defense: 110 ----> 150 (+40)
Special Defense: 80 ----> 130 (+150)
Movepool Additions: Recover, Fire Lash
Description: A tank. To extreme degrees.

Mega Marowak
Ability: Parental Bond
Typing: Ground/Ghost
Attack: 100 (+20)
Special Attack: 15 (-25)
Speed: 55 (+10)
Move Additions: Shadow Sneak, Phantom Force, Shadow Claw
Design: Mother's spirit haunts the skull. That's all.
Description: Bulky Parental Bond. Sure, it got nerfed this generation, but it's still useful.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I missed the slate... Anyway, back to business. Thanks to anyone who voted for me, I really like the project.

Ability: Parental Bond

Typing: Ground/Fighting
Attack: 80 --> 130 (+50)
Defense: 110 --> 140 (+30)
Special Attack: 50 --> 50 (+0)
Special Defense: 80 --> 90 (+10)
Speed: 45 --> 55 (+10)
New Moves: Mach Punch
Description: Everyone, rejoice, for Marowak has found his child! And don't worry folks, cause he is ready to kick some asses. Marowak learns Focus Punch and Power-up-Punch, so Sub sets are viable. Mach Punch because the guy really needs some priority, and with EQ / Elemental Punches, he has the coverage he needs. Fighting is decent : bad weaknesses, but STABed Mach Punch and a pretty useful Dark resistance. Seems like a good check to Bisharp, so there is that, and with its good bulk it should find some opportunities.

Ability: Volt Absorb

Attack: 80 --> 140 (+60)
Special Defense: 80 --> 100 (+20)
Speed: 45 --> 35 (-10)
New Moves: Sacred Fire, Shadow Sneak
Description: The problem with doing a mega for A-Marowak is that he is already pretty good at what he does, thanks to the combination of its ability and movepool. Unlike K-Marowak, this is a straight all-around upgrade. Volt Absorb because A-Marowak kind of needs the extra health instead of useless SpAtk. Sacred Fire has a lore here : this mega is the sacred Pokemon of a tribe, and becomes its defender by m-evolving. I can see it being like a jungle guardian. Oh, and it's incredibly useful because it burns and it does damages and come on, everyone loves Sacred Fire. Shadow Sneak is there because A-Marowak appreciates the utility against offensive teams. Remember that Marowak does learn Swords Dance, so the option exists.

Ability: Tough Claws(Tough Claws Clone, except it'll turn your held item into a Thick Club at the end of the next round as well. The Mega Stone returns after battle.)
Typing: Ground
Attack: 80 --> 110 (+30)
Special Defense: 80 --> 100 (+20)
Speed: 45 --> 65 (+20)
New Moves: Shore Up, Thousand Arrow, Ice Hammer
Description: Self Explanatory hard hitter

Ability: Dry Skin
Typing:
Fire/Ghost
Attack: 80 --> 100 (+20)
Special Defense: 80 --> 130 (+50)
Speed: 45 --> 45
New Moves:
Sacred Fire, Spirit Shackle
Description: A-Mega-Wak needs to take advantage of its resistances to most water types. It can stop Manaphy cold as it gets nothing neutral against it and the rain will heal Wak as well. (Forcing Manaphy to run Shadow Ball over something more synergetic is a win in and of itself)

EDIT: The Mega stones now DOUBLE as Thick Clubs meaning they get they double Atk bonus, and can be held by Cubones to avoid Knockoff.

Last edited:

Mega Marowak @ Marowakite
Ability
: Rock Head/Lightning Rod/Battle Armour --> Huge Power
Typing: Ground --> Ground/Fighting
New Stats:-
HP: 60 --> 60
ATK: 80 --> 80
DEF: 110 --> 120 (+10, 90)
SpA: 50 --> 20 (-30, 120)
SpD: 80 --> 120 (+40, 80)
SPE: 45 --> 125 (+80, 0)
BST: 425 --> 525
Movepool Additions
: Sacred Sword, Lunge, Drain Punch
Description: While Marowak of old was only just beginning to learn about using its bones as weaponry, Mega Marowak's mind has expanded, granting it in-depth knowledge of how to fight with its bones; its skull mask grows elaborately patterned horns which vary from Pokémon to Pokémon, but generally look like this. The energy involved in the act of Mega Evolution also affects the bone it wields, lengthening it significantly and causing a round spur to grow from near the bottom, forming a disc hilt. Yes, Mega Marowak effectively becomes an avenging samurai, accepting its pain and using it to fight the evils of the world. Sacred Sword is therefore a thematic necessity, with Drain Punch added for STAB healing and Lunge to give additional coverage against Psychic-types and similar. Its defences have been shored up too, but the greatest difference is in its Speed, with it having comprehensively mastered the use of its blade and attacking in a flash of white bone.

Mega Marowak-A @ Marowakite
Ability
: Cursed Body/Lightning Rod/Rock Head --> Broken Armour (renamed Wonder Guard)
Typing: Ghost/Fire --> Ghost/Normal
New Stats:-
HP: 60 --> 60
ATK: 80 --> 100 (+20, 80)
DEF: 110 --> 145 (+35, 45)
SpA: 50 --> 40 (-10, 55)
SpD: 80 --> 145 (+65, -10)
SPE: 45 --> 35 (-10, 0)
BST: 425 --> 525
Movepool Additions
: Shadow Sneak, Quick Attack, Recover
Description: While Mega Marowak-Kanto channels its torment (and Mega Energy) into explosive power, Marowak-Alola's Mega Evolution takes a rather darker turn. Its power manifests, but the fire within it dies, leaving behind only a Normal typing and a sense of dissociation from its surroundings. Indeed, it almost seems to phase in and out of existence, with darkness the only thing left that can really hurt it. The pale grey surface of its bone mask is riddled with cracks and chips, but the most prominent difference is that its bone has been discarded; instead, its hands and arms are wreathed in a strange, dark grey smoke. The Pokémon itself seems almost translucent somehow, as if it isn't really there. However, this is not to imply that it is in any way an ineffective Pokémon. Wonder Guard is, in contrast to the Huge Power of MMK, probably the best defensive ability in the game, and Ghost/Normal-typing gives it only one weakness, that being a 2x weakness to Dark. 60/145/145 defences are pretty reasonable too, but one thing you can do is hit very hard. Marowak naturally has access to Belly Drum, and now it has Priority on both its STABs as well as reliable recovery. Its base attack might only be pretty average at 100, but on a Belly Drum sweeper? That... doesn't matter much.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Parental Bond, Parental Bond, Parental Bond, Huge Power, Huge Power, Parental Bond, Huge Power, come on guys...

Ability: Rock Head
Typing:
Ground / Rock
HP:
Atk: 80 --> 145 (+65)
Def: 110 --> 145 (+35)
SpA: 50 --> 50 (+0)
SpD: 80 --> 80 (+0)
Speed: 45 --> 45 (+0)
New Moves: Accelrock, Head Smash
Description: His skull becomes tougher, allowing him to use powerful Head Smash without fearing the recoil and tanking better the physical hits. Accelrock allow him to hit faster threats.

Ability: Flash Fire
Typing:
Fire / Ghost
Atk: 80 --> 115 (+35)
Def: 110 --> 110 (+0)
SpA: 50 --> 50 (+0)
SpD: 80 --> 80 (+0)
Speed: 45 --> 110 (+65)
New Moves: Sacred Fire, Shadow Sneak
Description: Alola Marowak has mastered his ability with his stick gaining a lot of speed, and the ability to draw the fire moves and use them to boost his offensive power. Also Sacred Fire allow him to use his good (but not huge) attack without any recoil

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)