SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Where's the best place to EXP farm Post game?
Elite 4 apparently... Either that or chaining Bewears I've heard is decent. Yup, SM has no way to get your mons upto 100 to bottle cap them without a lot of effort from you. Only one Lucky Egg in the game too... So good luck trying to get everything to 100!

I'm not sure where to post this in the forums:
I'm building a OU pokebank team for wifi battling and I have 5 mos, I'm just not sure what would work in for the 6th.
And I don't see a RMT for S/M, just ORAS.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I'm not sure where to post this in the forums:
I'm building a OU pokebank team for wifi battling and I have 5 mos, I'm just not sure what would work in for the 6th.
And I don't see a RMT for S/M, just ORAS.
Best bet is to ask around here:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/uncharted-territory.387/

I'm not sure how developed OU is right now. Only other place is the OU Room on Showdown, or the OU Discord. Both of those might have better ideas on whats decent. Orange Islands is mostly for In Game content.

Thanks!... wait.

Why have it say "Unable" as if its an evolution stone if that's not how it works? Other non-stone evolution items don't work like that.
Actually, some do. A handful of evolutions introduced in gen 4 work that way. Sneasel's Razor Claw, Gligar's Razor Fang, and Happiny's Oval Stone all work the same way. Sneasel and Gligar need to hold their respective items and level up at night time, and Happiny needs to hold it's item and level up during the day.

Happiny's evolution item being called an "Oval Stone" is a bit of a misnomer, since it's not used like a true evolution stone, it's one of the held evolution items that functions the same as the Razor Claw & Fang.

if pokemon level up in pelago, can they automatically overwrite existing moves like in the daycare before gen 7

Short answer, yes. Long answer from user Jpboiler17 found on this thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/187277-pokemon-moon/74618829
I did a little experiment with 10 mons to answer the same question and the answer I found for those was that when a pokemon levels up to a move learning level the top slot move is deleted and the new move is placed in the bottom slot. The move that was in slot 2 moves up to top slot and slot 3 and 4 move up 1 slot each as well. I don't know if there are any exceptions but I haven't run into any as of yet.

... If there are any moves that you want kept ... you will have to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't make it to the top slot when [the pokemon] reaches a move learning level.

Last edited:
Related to the Zygarde question, apologies if it's been asked before, I'm not in a position to check my own game right now and I'm suddenly really curious.

If I go to the effort of SRing a Jolly 5IV Zygarde at 10% or 50%, with Aura Break, does one of the options allow you to change from one to the other WITHOUT resetting the nature and IVs? I know there's an option to assemble a Zygarde from a Zygarde, but I figured that was just for toggling between the 10% and 50%s on the Power Construct 'garde.

I just got a ditto from about the #33 in the chain, and only had 3 IV at 31, what happened? I though from the #31 they guaranteed the 4 IVs

Is there yet a complete list of Dream Ball Pokémon who previously could not pass down their Dream Ball but can now? (ie genderless- and male- only Pokémon, Dream Ball Starters and Gothorita, etc.)

Is there yet a complete list of Dream Ball Pokémon who previously could not pass down their Dream Ball but can now? (ie genderless- and male- only Pokémon, Dream Ball Starters and Gothorita, etc.)
Not that I'm aware of, but I guess I'll try and make one for you:

New Pokemon Breedable with Dream Balls in Gen 7:

Non-Genderless & Non-100% Male Pokemon:
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Pikachu
Treecko
Torchic
Mudkip
Turtwig
Chimchar
Piplup
Gothita

100% Male Pokemon:
Rufflet
Sawk
Tauros
Throh
Tyrogue

Genderless Pokemon:
Baltoy
Beldum
Bronzor
Golett
Klink
Lunatone
Magnemite
Porygon
Rotom
Solrock
Staryu
Voltorb

This also means that the only starters not breedable in a non-default Pokeball are... our current ones. Will someone please discipline those hacking breeders in the battle tree using Friend Ball Intimidate Incineroar?

Last edited:
What's the final stamp in the passport? You get the one for being a trainer, 4 for the grand trials, 1 for champion, 5 for pokedex completion, super singles, super doubles (I presume), and I assume one for battle royal master rank

At a loss for the final one. Super Multi battle?

What's the final stamp in the passport? You get the one for being a trainer, 4 for the grand trials, 1 for champion, 5 for pokedex completion, super singles, super doubles (I presume), and I assume one for battle royal master rank

At a loss for the final one. Super Multi battle?
Super multi battle and the last version of the poke finder

Anyone know to chain Galavanize Geodude?
Just as you would with any other Pokemon. Keep fainting opponents and pray.

Given Geodude only has four offensive Normal-type moves in its level-up movepool, out of which two faint it... I dunno if there's a Pokemon with access to both an ability-changing move (to check if it had Galvanize) and Damp (to prevent Self-Destruct or Explosion).

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
Sorry if this has been asked (or is the wrong place), but for showdown, why does it keep telling me both for OU and pokebank OU that all mega stones are unreleased when I try to find a battle? I see people with megas all the time on youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)