SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the visiting wild Pokemon from Poke Pelago have anything special or they are just like any other wild Pokemon you can encounter?
Some of them may have their hidden ability iirc.
Are SOS mons affected by Synchronizers? Can I have a fainted Synchronizer and have the SOS mons have a chance for the nature?
Yes, they are. But your sync must be on the field in order to affect the S.O.S pokemon, so that's a negative for your second question.

Is it possible to send demo rewards to multiple copies of the game without restarting the demo (and waiting the full 24 days for the Comet Shard)?

Why wouldn't you also use a bottle cap for Attack and Special Attack? Surely as long as they're odd it's fine (as long as, of course, you have enough bottle caps)
Silly question, but I thought bottle caps didn't affect hidden power? Or are you just referring to maxing out any odd stats for competitive

Silly question, but I thought bottle caps didn't affect hidden power? Or are you just referring to maxing out any odd stats for competitive
He's referring to maxing out any less than ideal stats for competitive. Hyper Training doesn't affect the actual IV's, just boosts the stats as if they were flawless, hence why Hidden Power type is unaffected.
Is it possible to send demo rewards to multiple copies of the game without restarting the demo (and waiting the full 24 days for the Comet Shard)?
I'm pretty sure that's a no, and it'll prioritize a physical copy of the full game over the downloaded copy for where it'll send the rewards to.

Why wouldn't you also use a bottle cap for Attack and Special Attack? Surely as long as they're odd it's fine (as long as, of course, you have enough bottle caps)
Perfectionism! It would bug me if I didn't at least try to get a solid natural spread. Although I wouldn't waste a cap on attack in any case.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Thanks!... wait.

Why have it say "Unable" as if its an evolution stone if that's not how it works? Other non-stone evolution items don't work like that.

Thanks!... wait.

Why have it say "Unable" as if its an evolution stone if that's not how it works? Other non-stone evolution items don't work like that.
We may never know. I don't think anyone here works at Game Freak, so I doubt we'll find out why it does that. (then again, it is grouped with the other stone items that have something to do with evolution, so...)

For SOS Battling, have the chances for SOS success, HAs, (up to 4) perfect IVs, and Shinyness been fully determined yet? Or at least estimated.

For SOS Battling, have the chances for SOS success, HAs, (up to 4) perfect IVs, and Shinyness been fully determined yet? Or at least estimated.
I've done a few Ditto hunts and...
- About the four Perfect IVs, they were guaranteed if I KOed at least 30.
- About the Hidden Abilities, I found some Imposter Dittos on my way to 30, so they can appear somewhat early.
- No shinies though. I only did four ~35 chains, so it's not a good sample size.

I've done a few Ditto hunts and...
- About the four Perfect IVs, they were guaranteed if I KOed at least 30.
- About the Hidden Abilities, I found some Imposter Dittos on my way to 30, so they can appear somewhat early.
- No shinies though. I only did four ~35 chains, so it's not a good sample size.
That's good to know, I've been going for 40 each time and it gets super boring. I've also encountered some Imposter Dittos around 20-ish, but more after 30.

How many Beastballs do you get through the UB missions? After catching all the UB's, is it possible to get more?
You get 10 per mission, and if you run out, you can go back to Looker to get more. I've also read that you can "trick" him into thinking you've run out by having your mons hold them. Apparently you can still get them from Looker after the UB missions (he's at Melemele Island Motel).

Does Emergency Exit trigger before or after Sitrus Berry?
It looks like Sitrus Berry activates first, according to Bulbapedia
This Ability will not activate if the HP of the Pokémon with this Ability is restored to above half immediately after it drops below half (such as due to a held Sitrus Berry).

You get 10 per mission, and if you run out, you can go back to Looker to get more. I've also read that you can "trick" him into thinking you've run out by having your mons hold them. Apparently you can still get them from Looker after the UB missions (he's at Melemele Island Motel).

It looks like Sitrus Berry activates first, according to Bulbapedia
Cool. Was thinking with how easy it is to farm Sitrus Berries, it might make Emergency Exit a little less frustrating in game.

The Goomy

Whitest Mexican Alive
Anyone have any issues finding all the zygarde cells using serebii's guide in Pokemon Moon?

I've heard it's slightly different than Sun and I cannot find the last cell. Super annoying considering I've spent 3 hours on this.

Thanks~

Anyone have any issues finding all the zygarde cells using serebii's guide in Pokemon Moon?

I've heard it's slightly different than Sun and I cannot find the last cell. Super annoying considering I've spent 3 hours on this.

Thanks~
It worked fine for me. I was missing two and luckily found them while berry hunting on routes 4 and 10 (or something like that, admittedly I hadn't been actively searching for the Zygarde cells from the very beginning).

Thanks~
I used serebii's guide 2 days after the game came out and was missing 5 in the end. Later found out their guide wasn't properly noting some cells that were day/night exclusive. I think it's been fixed since then so all I can suggest is to go through it again. Luckily I found all the ones I was missing using this guide:
(all 5 I was missing were day exclusives)

If you want to be 100% sure go through all 100 during the day and then all 100 during the night. Even if you're positive you got one check it again cause all the ones I was missing I was sure I already had them, or at least had checked (just not during the day). It's a tedious process and it sucks.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
If you max a Pokemon's stats using bottle caps and hyper training, does the mon retain the boost if you trade it (and presumably, if it's sent to a different save via Bank once it supports Gen VII)?

If you max a Pokemon's stats using bottle caps and hyper training, does the mon retain the boost if you trade it (and presumably, if it's sent to a different save via Bank once it supports Gen VII)?
I have had Pokemon traded to me that have kept its boosted stats so presumably it would be the same for Bank.

Reactions: Xen
yes, all hyper training does is place a permanent flag on a stat to treat that stat as having 31 IVs for the purposes of stat calculation

Reactions: Xen
The defense lowering EV berries aren't version or time exclusive, right? I've been checking the Route 10 berry tree for the past week and have gotten all 4 of the other EV berries, but not a single Grepa or Qualot.
you won't believe me, but if you do the same battle against a crabrawler, you will get the same berries.

I haven't really tried to get a large spread and see if it is 100% true, but considering 2 battles with the exact same moves getting the same exact berries (there's like 7 possible berries from that route and you get 3-4 random berries at a time)
Sent out kadabra, used psybeam, kill crabrawler, get a set of berries. SR because they weren't what I wanted. Kill crabrawler with the same psybean, exact spread of berries. SR and switch kadabra with absol, kill crabrawler with slash instead. Gor a different set of berries with the 2 EV berries I needed.

that was last night since yesterday I got no crabawler and the 3 berries I got were all EV berries I ddin't have so I didn't tested. Will test tomorrow to see up to what point this theroy holds true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)