Battle Tree Discussion and Records

Ok here goes; long time lurker since the BW days but a first time poster. Reporting a finished Doubles streak of 190. I’m a bit upset I couldn’t make it to 200 as my loss was a misplay and I think this team can go much further. Credit for this team goes to Laevus on page 12 for the team, which I only changed slightly.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Dazzling Gleam
-Grass Knot
-Hidden Power Ice
We’ve all seen this set by now there isn’t a ton I can say that hasn’t already been said. Koko is faster than any non-scarfed pokemon that I would actually consider a threat to this team. It’s fairly straightforward to understand when you want to lock into T-Bolt and when Dazzling Gleam. The spread option of Dazzling Gleam is so useful though given the team only has one other spread move. The very very few times I would ever use Grass Knot or Hidden Power were when I switch Koko out and then come back in later to revenge a Rhyperior or Landorus etc.

Alolan Raichu @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 Spe
Modest Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Grass Knot
-Protect
The MVP of the team. With 0 EVs in speed and the Terrain up it outspeeds everything in the Battle Tree except for Aerodactyl-1 and (annoyingly) Alakazam-3, which Mega-Evolves and uses Trace to copy Surge Surfer. Luckily neither of these are really huge threats to this team, which is why the EVs are in HP instead. Raichu is frail but this extra bulk comes in handy a ton against non-stab Earthquakes that would otherwise take it out. Not that I’m saying leaving Raichu to take Earthquakes is ideal, which is why Protect and Gyarados are there. Final 4 EVs go to Spe just in case the Terrain ends and totally not because I miscalculated initially and didn’t realise I could get away with 0…

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate/Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Ice Fang
-Protect
Fairly obvious strategy; I see two ground pokemon open up, I pivot to Gyarados and Protect Raichu. 2nd turn usually involves Gyarados and Raichu teaming up with a Waterfall/Psychic double to take out the more dangerous. Unless both are threatening to use Edgequake and then I may switch to Garchomp. I’d be interested to switch this for Salamence to play the same role as the flying intimidator and see what options (Ash-Greninja?) that opens up for the 4th spot.

Garchomp @ Firium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang
-Poison Jab
Garchomp was the one I played around with the most to try and find the most useful set, I’m still not sure I’ve found it after 190 battles. Outrage and Earthquake are obvious and there were almost no occasions where I would prefer Dragon Claw to Outrage. Fire Fang is necessary for coverage and I went for the Firium Z because bulky grass types are a problem for my opening pair and Gyarados. I’m gonna try Groundium Z for a bit to see if I can’t get more utility out of that. I wouldn’t want to lock Chomp in with a Choice item though. The final move was initially Swords Dance, but I never got the chance to set up post battle 50. Tried Rock Slide but there’s no need. Settled on Poison Jab to deal with literally just 2 pokemon that were only occasionally tricky; Togekiss and Shiinotic. It’s the only super effective move I have for Fairies.

Don’t have a vid up yet because Pokemon Global Link is messed up for me and I can’t log in. Will edit it in to this post when it works.
So the streak ended by a combination of first game of the day/complacency/mis-play as I expected it would eventually. I forgot Carbink carried Trick Room and just misplayed by not double targeting it to start with. Once Komala used Breakneck Blitz to take out Raichu and TR was up it was over. Shouldn’t have lost but oh well I’ll have to be better next time.

Garchomp-3. Ah ScarfChomp; the bane of so many of my Tree runs so far. I’ll always pivot to Gyarados and protect Raichu to scout it out. From there I can OHKO with Ice Fang and decide whether I’m willing to let Raichu die depending on what the AI’s 2nd mon is.

Steelix-4. This represents all big bulky Ground types, but Mega Steelix is the bulkiest I saw. There’s not much the opening two can do to it so I have to switch (sometimes double switch) and hope for no crits.

Trick Room – Obviously going to be a threat to a fast team. If I see an Oranguru or Bronzong or…Carbink…I’ll double T-Bolt it immediately to stop the TR going up.

Bisharp. This is here to represent all Sucker Punch users who will take out Raichu immediately. Obviously it’s easy to play around when you expect it to come.

Blissey-3. Ignore it at your peril and it will Calm Mind up as it did on me and I only survived due to a crit from Raichu on the last move of the battle.

Florges or Shiinotic because A) They’re bulky and B) They will Moonblast me and you know they will get the Sp. Atk drop.

Conclusion
So I really like this team. Koko and Raichu double T-Bolt hits incredibly hard and goes 4-0 so often. But the great thing about this team on battles 50+ is the synergy with Gyarados on the switch in. If I didn’t go double T-bolt or T-Bolt/Dazzling Gleam it was usually Koko for Gyarados and Protect Raichu. I might consider Fake Out on Raichu in the future; maybe instead of Grass Knot. Garchomp was definitely the least used of the four but everyone knows how reliable it is.

Need a break from Double battles. What do you all do with this much BP lol? Might come back with this team in a bit or a TR team I’m considering. Anyway; To the Multi Battle!

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
What do you all do with this much BP lol?
As has been discussed elsewhere, spend all of them on vitamins, then sell the vitamins to have enough jack to buy all of the obtainable fashion items.

Garchomp with Firium Z is an idea I hadn't pondered before, thanks for the inspiration.

As has been discussed elsewhere, spend all of them on vitamins, then sell the vitamins to have enough jack to buy all of the obtainable fashion items.

Garchomp with Firium Z is an idea I hadn't pondered before, thanks for the inspiration.
Ah that makes sense been meaning to stock up on the fashion items.

Yeah Inferno Overdrive does earn its worth for grass types and things like Bronzong and Skarmory

Just beat battle 160!

Also, I've decided to make a slight tweak to the Scizor EV spread. Moved 4 EV from HP to Spe to be faster than Scizor4. Scizor4 is a free set up to +6, but it can be tricky with the Speed tie if it gets a critical hit on you. The revised set is below.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EV: 244 HP / 76 Atk / 4 Def / 180 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Also, adding to the threat list another couple Pokemon capable of KOing 1 member of the team, but not really a danger to be swept.

Tyranitar4: If encountered as a lead, it requires a switch to Tapu Fini, who will most likely be sacked to weaken it enough for one of the other 2 to finish off. Not a problem if you have Garchomp behind a Sub(SD+EQ OHKO), +2 Garchomp(EQ OHKO) or +4 Scizor(Bullet Punch OHKO). If above 85%, +2 Scizor can SD, survive a Stone Edge critical then +4 Bullet Punch OHKO.

Dugtrio2: Not fun as a lead. Use Substitute with Garchomp and hope it does anything except a Fissure OHKO, and ideally not a Toxic either. Garchomp behind a Sub wrecks it barring a lot of Bright Powder hax. Surf locked Tapu Fini or +2 Scizor Bullet Punch both dispatch it easily barring Bright Powder hax followed by a Fissure OHKO.

Articuno2: Another OHKO user that is not fun as a lead. I took it out by switching to Tapu Fini on the Ice Beam, used Moonblast while it used Mind Reader, then hit it with a second Moonblast before Sheer Cold. Finished it with Scizor Bullet Punch.

Talonflame34: If encountered as a lead, use Devastating Drake turn 1 always. Talonflame4 will either Swords Dance and die or hit you and die. Talonflame3 will either hit you(breaking its sash) and die to your attack, or Swords Dance and hit you turn 2 and die from Rough Skin. If Talonflame3 uses Swords Dance, Swords Dance turn 2 to get a free +2 going into the second Pokemon. Tapu Fini seems like a tempting switch, but if Talonflame4 uses Swords Dance on the switch and has Gale Wings, it will Brave Bird OHKO Fini then proceed to sweep the entire team.
752G-WWWW-WWW4-JPSB --> Battle 190 showing why I hate Tyranitar4 leads. Hate when even one of my Pokemon gets KOed in a match.

Also, turns out Articuno2 can use Sheer Cold turn 1 vs Garchomp. I had a match where it OHKOed Fini on the switch. Think I will revise my strategy to use Substitute turn 1. If it is Articuno2 and it uses Mind Reader or misses with Sheer Cold, Garchomp gets an easy +2 Devastating Drake OHKO.

Last edited:
Has anyone used a Modest Primarina yet? I just bred one and wondering what people are running for their speed tier. I haven't decided on my other two Pokemon yet.

WZZG-WWWW-WWW4-JTX6 -> Battle 200 vs Colress showing this team's excellent type synergy at work.

Porygon2 is kind of annoying as well for this team, especially with the Download boost. Set 3 in this battle is easy to deal with. Set 4 seems more annoying because it will Tri Attack instead of TBolt, but I haven't faced it yet.

Note this battle should have been 5 turns shorter. I misplayed in this fight. It should have been switch to Tapu Fini, switch to Garchomp, switch to Scizor, Swords Dance, U-turn to Grachomp as Misty Terrain ends, Devastating Drake KO. Instead, I had to repeat the cycle again and almost lost Scizor to a TBolt critical. Devastating Drake would not OHKO after just a regular U-turn.

The team is showing zero signs of slowing down or reaching its limit, but I may pause here for a while to come up with a Super Doubles team.

Has anyone used a Modest Primarina yet? I just bred one and wondering what people are running for their speed tier. I haven't decided on my other two Pokemon yet.
Empty Speed tiers are 82-83, 89, 107 and 109.

82 speed requires just 12 EV and lets you beat Tyranitar4(Mega), Honchcrow12 and Breloom1, all of which are well worth it.

89 speed requires 68 EV and lets you beat all Chesnaught sets among some others that may or may not matter to your team.

107 lets you beat too much to list at the cost of 212 EV.

109 lets you beat all Excadrill sets also at the cost of 228 EV.

Last edited:
Empty Speed tiers are 82-83, 89, 107 and 109.

82 speed requires just 12 EV and lets you beat Tyranitar4(Mega), Honchcrow12 and Breloom1, all of which are well worth it.

89 speed requires 68 EV and lets you beat all Chesnaught sets among some others that may or may not matter to your team.

107 lets you beat too much to list at the cost of 212 EV.

109 lets you beat all Excadrill sets also at the cost of 228 EV.
So going with these numbers... a generic good Modest Primarina EV spread would be 240 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe

So going with these numbers... a generic good Modest Primarina EV spread would be 240 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
That or run the 228 EV and at least an Expert Belt if you want to get these OHKOs (unless otherwise specified). These are just the ones looking at STAB moves. Coverage moves may yield additional KOs.
Excadrill (all sets)
Armaldo2
A-Marowak2
Marowak2
Rotom-H14
Kingdra2
Kommo-o134
Nidoking12
Darmanitan3 (2HKO)
Magmortar (all sets)
Lycanroc-Midnight (both sets)
Camerupt2
Altaria14 (2HKO)
Chandelure34
Dagonite1 (will get statused if it has Multiscale)
Dragonite3(without Multisclae)
Goodra (all sets 2HKO)
Mamoswine234
Mandibuzz34 (2HKO)
Shiftry3
Shiftry4 (if you break sash first)
A-Golem2 (if it doesn't have Sturdy)
Heatran123
Drampa4
Nidoqueen234
Turtonator4 (2HKO)
Absol12
Heracross14
Palossand2
Rhyperior2
Honchcrow (all sets)
Tyrantrum23
Breloom4

You can also run 244 EV in speed with a Choice Scarf and hit an empty speed tier at 166 and wreck a lot of stuff up to positive nature base 98's like Hydreigon.

Last edited:
Thanks to Viridi's current giveaway, I will be testing this out shortly--and she might too. Any ideas for good Doubles partners for this?
Whenever we finally get the bank update, Gliscor is immune to ground and resists fighting. Throw in a water type to cover fire, and you will have a pretty good core. Grass and electric are both resisted by Magnezone, and Gliscor poops on electric types in general while only being weak to water and ice which Magnezone STAB can help deal with.

I came up with a Gliscor/Magnezone/Tapu Fini core that I may try out after the bank update.

Guys I just theorymon'd a Pokemon which might be key to success in the tower against hax

Magnezone
Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 72 SpA+ / 180 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk- / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hyper Beam/Magnet Bomb/ Shock Wave (Filler, Ideas appreciated. Maybe something Shock Wave to counter Double Team?)

The calculation that started everything

252+ SpA Wailord Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 180 SpD Assault Vest Magnezone on a critical hit: 144-171 (41.8 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
=> I CAN ALWAYS SWITCH INTO ANY WAILORD SET
I lost my precious Mega-Slowbro run to a mad Fissure spamming Wailord taking the precious life of my Slowbro. In search of a useable Sturdy Pokemon I stumbled upon a nice, non-egg moves having Magnet which is OU since forever.

Now here is the very interesting part : Magnezone can deal with nearly every OHKO Spammer in the tower!

Dugtrio-2TimidBright PowderFissureToxicSubstituteSandstormHP/Spd
-Sandstorm does no damage, immunity to Toxic!
Bastiodon-3CarefulLeftoversStone EdgeFissureDouble TeamIron DefenseHP/SpD
-I am afraid this one ends somewhat in a stall-fest. Atleast Magnezone is going to deal with it

Mamoswine-3AdamantLax IncenseHailEarthquakeAvalancheFissureHP/Atk
-Just... no. This one is trouble

Wailord-4ModestZoom LensHydro PumpBlizzardFissureHyper BeamHP/SpA
-The reason I did the research in the first place.

Walrein-4BoldLax IncenseSheer ColdFissureRestSleep TalkDef/SpD
-Can't do anything to you, SE Thunderbolts

Snorlax-4CarefulAssault VestBody SlamFissureEarthquakeCrunchHP/SpD
-I should probably run a strong Fighting Type with Slowbro-Mega and Magnezone...

Landorus-1CarefulBright PowderRestSleep TalkSmack DownFissureDef/SpD
-Very easy with Hidden Power Ice

Tyrantrum-3ImpishWide LensHorn DrillStone EdgeRestSleep TalkHP/Def
-Flash Cannon Hype. Although never underestimated Stone Edge crits

Rhyperior-3ImpishFocus SashHorn DrillReversalPaybackMetal BurstHP/Def
-Scary. Focus Sash is so damn annoying... maybe Magnet Bomb in forth slot to weaken Reversal?

Vanilluxe-3ModestLeftoversHailBlizzardFlash CannonSheer ColdHP/SpA
252+ SpA Vanilluxe Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 180 SpD Assault Vest Magnezone: 28-33 (15.8 - 18.6%) -- possible 6HKO
Even a freeze can't kill you (PP-stalled out)

Articuno-2BoldLum BerrySheer ColdMind ReaderIce ShardIce BeamHP/SpD
Thunderbolt barely 2HKO , lovely :D

Glalie-3TimidLeftoversSubstituteSheer ColdFrost BreathProtectDef/Spd
Although Moody may be scary. I am now certain Magnet Bomb/Shock Wave is great
Abomasnow-3 QuietFocus SashBlizzardSheer ColdFocus BlastIce ShardHP/SpA
252+ SpA Abomasnow Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 180 SpD Assault Vest Magnezone: 72-86 (40.6 - 48.5%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO after hail damage
Avoid 2HKO. But Crits man :( :( Also Focus Sash

ONLY TWO ARE BAD FOR STURDY MAGNEZONE TO SWITCH IN. BUT STURDY ITSELF IS A FOCUS SASH DON'T FORGET
Finally, Magnezone also can take Grass/Electric Types trying to kill my precious Mega-Slowbro. Great synergy!
Gliscor also helps deal with Bastiodon and maybe Snorlax. At the very least, he can stall out Bastiodon Stone Edge PP without worry.

In fact, Gliscor alone can probably PP or Toxic stall most of these if he gets in safely. The Ice types might be a little trouble except for Walrein.

Last edited:
I just lost my streak of 57 to this team:

Rotom-Fan @ probably Choice Scarf

Air Slash

Mega Gardevoir

Shadow Ball

Blissey @ Leftovers

Calm Mind
Thunderbolt

My cobbled together team is:

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Scarf
Jolly, 252 Attack, 252 Speed (soft reset legendary)

Horn Leech (will probably switch out for Megahorn)
Zen Headbutt
Wood Hammer
Superpower

Tapu Fini @ Life Orb
Timid, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed (soft reset legendary)

Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Calm Mind
Moon Blast

Mimikyu @ Espectrostatal Z (don't know what this is in English; I play in Spanish to practice)
Jolly, 252 Attack, 252 Speed (got in a Wonder Trade from a user named "Shiny")

Shadow Claw
Shadow Sneak
Swords Dance
Play Rough

For whatever reason I can't upload my Battle Video. Is this a Pokemon Global Link problem?

Mimikyu @ Espectrostatal Z (don't know what this is in English; I play in Spanish to practice)
Jolly, 252 Attack, 252 Speed (got in a Wonder Trade from a user named "Shiny")

Shadow Claw
Shadow Sneak
Swords Dance
Play Rough

For whatever reason I can't upload my Battle Video. Is this a Pokemon Global Link problem?
there are a lot of videos that cant be uploaded for now

espectrostatal z sounds like its ghostium z, do you use it with shadow claw? fairium z would be for play rough.

What's the best Dragon to use in the battle tree?

Maybe i'm not using Garchomp correctly but he is kind of underwhelming. I mean he's powerful dont get me wrong but he doesn't completely destroy teams until he gets a few swords dances up. I need something that will come in and completely nuke teams.

so

Dragonite
Garchomp
Salamence

??

My team is Mimikyu / Garchomp / Metagross - M

Everyone does their job but again Garchomp is kind of "Meh" imo.

Thoughts?

Maybe i'm not using Garchomp correctly but he is kind of underwhelming. I mean he's powerful dont get me wrong but he doesn't completely destroy teams until he gets a few swords dances up. I need something that will come in and completely nuke teams.

so

Dragonite
Garchomp
Salamence

??

Thoughts?
Dragonite has been good for 125 battles so far. It can tank ice beams that fell chomp/meganence.

there are a lot of videos that cant be uploaded for now

espectrostatal z sounds like its ghostium z, do you use it with shadow claw? fairium z would be for play rough.

So it's called "Ghostium Z" in English. Yes, I use it for Shadow Claw, and it helped quite a bit on my streak for taking out bulky Pokemon that are neutral to Ghost. Mimikyu's big problem is status. Terrain effects can help, but that stacks the Fairy type weaknesses. Maybe I should switch to a Lum Berry.

Intimidate Salamence is pretty good for 3 vs 3 in my experience fighting against it, and is ironically a good way to force Tapu Bulu out despite being a Fairy.

How are you using your Garchomp, December? What is its nature, item, and moveset?

I finished a streak at super single battle #104 with a team of Lucario, Salamence, and Mimikyu. My goal was to make a breedable team I could use to farm BP. I thought it would be easiest to have one with a mega stone, another with a z-crystal, and the last with a focus sash. All have max IVs in their 5 important stats. My loss was due to trying not to rely on favorable luck and general inexperience with my opponent's sets and damage rolls. I will update when I get higher.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Sp.Def, 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Bullet Punch

Summary
At the lead spot because fighting is super effective against 5/18 types and scores a non-resisted ko vs a lot of pokemon. Bullet Punch is for Fairies and faster pokemon that might cause Lucario to flinch and two shot. Threatening pokemon are Fairy types when not at full health, pokemon with Sturdy, Focus Sash, Quick Claw, Spore, bulky pokemon, faster pokemon, Tornadus, Landorus, and Jellicent so far.

Salamence @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Hp, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Substitute
- Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower

Summary
This is my usual switch in to Lucario's threats. Devestating Drake and Draco Meteor combo ko's most bulky pokemon regardless of berries. It's also the pokemon to take will-o-wisps and some pokemon you can ko will also try to use status moves, which gives you the opportunity to Sub up and do a regular double Draco to the next pokemon.

Mimikyu @ Focus Sash
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Nature Jolly
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak

Summary
I relatively rarely switch this in. It's only here for immunities and as a free switch in after one of my pokemon faints. Usually, I set up an SD and Shadow Claw to guarantee damage unless I see I need a little more damage to two shot then I use Play Rough.

What I like about this team is that it can easily get the streak to 50 for BP farming or daily item farming without having to set up too much. The weakest link in this team is Mimikyu, but its typing supports both Lucario and Salamence.

Salamence @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Hp, 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Substitute
- Hydro Pump
- Flamethrower

Summary
This is my usual switch in to Lucario's threats. Devestating Drake and Draco Meteor combo ko's most bulky pokemon regardless of berries. It's also the pokemon to take will-o-wisps and some pokemon you can ko will also try to use status moves, which gives you the opportunity to Sub up and do a regular double Draco to the next pokemon.
Are Intimidate, the Fighting resistance and the higher Speed that important for you?

Because it looks like you can safely replace this thing with the harder-hitting Hydreigon.

Are Intimidate, the Fighting resistance and the higher Speed that important for you?

Because it looks like you can safely replace this thing with the harder-hitting Hydreigon.
I prefer using the weaknesses of my pokemon as switch advantages to other pokemon so the fighting resist and Intimidate fit my playstyle more than Hydreigon that way I can save my Mimikyu as a last resort, but yeah most of the time Hydreigon could do what Salamence does and it would ko more pokemon in less hits like Sitrus berry Jellicent, guarantee a ko on Glaceon with Devestating Drake, and maybe one shot Blizzard Pelipper with a regular Draco. Devestating Drake already ko's a lot and was why I didn't want to change my Salamence into a Modest one. It doesn't seem like a poor choice, just one I'm not used to.

so

Dragonite
Garchomp
Salamence

??

Thoughts?
As others have said, it would help if you posted your set. If you're using Dragon Claw over Outrage, that's your entire problem right there.

If you're looking for a Pokémon that will come in and sweep the entire team without boosting, you're out of luck.

My experience has been that Garchomp hits harder than any of the other Dragon types thanks to a good secondary STAB in Earthquake to back up Outrage. Mega Salamence is the only other one that comes close thanks to Aerilate Return, but the fact that it lacks a STAB to hit Steel types means he will likely not sweep without boosting either. Dragonite is pathetically weak in comparison. EQ misses out on a lot of KO's even at +1, so you're practically forced to lock yourself into Outrage all the time.

If you want a set to come in and nuke something, use my set with Dragonium Z.

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
EV: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

4 EV in Def, not HP so you can use Substitute 4 times and guaranteed to survive one Ice Fang from Gyarados3. Devastating Drake hits a little harder than Outrage at +1 would, so it is the very definition of come in and nuke something that you can't set up on. Substitute is to set up on status users or scout sets. I've been leading with this for 200 battles, so I'd say it works very well. Usually +2 is enough to sweep most teams, especially +2 behind a Substitute.

I prefer using the weaknesses of my pokemon as switch advantages to other pokemon so the fighting resist and Intimidate fit my playstyle more than Hydreigon that way I can save my Mimikyu as a last resort, but yeah most of the time Hydreigon could do what Salamence does and it would ko more pokemon in less hits like Sitrus berry Jellicent, guarantee a ko on Glaceon with Devestating Drake, and maybe one shot Blizzard Pelipper with a regular Draco. Devestating Drake already ko's a lot and was why I didn't want to change my Salamence into a Modest one. It doesn't seem like a poor choice, just one I'm not used to.
Good to note that Hydreigon gives you an option to switch in on Ghost moves aimed at Mimikyu. It would add a second Fighting weakness though. Granted Mimikyu gets a free switch in for Fighting. Hydreigon keeps the Ground immunity thanks to Levitate and has an additional immunity to Psychic as well. He would have good type synergy with the team too.

Last edited:
Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
EV: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
Funny, I was breeding a Rough Skin Gible yesterday to use a set just like that.

I'm not sure on what to use for the few things that can take its moves, though... I've been thinking of Marowak.

Funny, I was breeding a Rough Skin Gible yesterday to use a set just like that.

I'm not sure on what to use for the few things that can take its moves, though... I've been thinking of Marowak.
I use it with SpD bulky M-Scizor and Choice Scarf Tapu Fini. Scizor sets up on Grass, Ice, Fairy(except the few carrying Fire coverage), Psychic, Bug types and then proceeds to LOL sweep lots of teams with Bullet Punch alone at +6. I've recently been realizing that Kartana has great type synergy with Garchomp and Tapu Fini as well. I've been thinking of using a Leaf Blade/Smart Strike/Sacred Sword/Swords Dance Jolly set with 252 HP /252 Spe set. Yes, HP, not Atk. It can get at least +2 on pretty much any physical attacker, and then it's off to the races with Beast Boost still raising its Attack. Not sure what item yet though, maybe a Salac Berry to increase the Speed too at low health. It has really bad 4 move syndrome because I would really like Substitute to be able to Sub down to the Salac Berry and to block status. Can't really give up any of the 3 attacking moves because you need the 2 STAB and without Sacred Sword coverage really sucks. I guess Misty Terrain can be used for status blocking. Substitute would also help it scout for physical or special sets though.

Last edited:
Primarina @ Expert Belt
Torrent
28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
Ice Beam
Energy Ball
Moonblast
Surf

Scizor @ Leftovers
Technician
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
X-Scissor
Roost

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Rough Skin
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Fang

How does this look for a singles team? Should I change any EVs or moves?

Last edited:
Posting a hacked team I used for Multi-Battles, in case you really don't like Multi but still want the 50 wins. I hope this is allowed here, the rules only mention that it won't count for the leaderboard.

M-Manectric @ Leftovers
Ability: Wonder Guard
Nature: Timid
EV: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

M-Scizor @ Occa Berry
Ability: Wonder Guard
Nature: Adamant
EV: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
- Leech Life
- Sunsteel Strike
- Diamond Storm
- Earthquake

Use Magnet Rise on M-Manectric to make it completely unhittable, then go to town. Not sure if Timid is necessary over Modest, but I wanted to avoid getting out-sped turn 1 and hit with Earthquake. Leftovers heal up Sandstorm, Hail, Burn, Poison, and Confuse damage. My partner's second Pokemon is Garchomp, which uses Sandstorm a lot (even when it's a terrible choice) so Leftovers are great. The only real threats to Manectric are pokemon with Mold Breaker, so prioritize them first. You could also try having it hold an Air Balloon and replace Magnet Rise with a healing move. This will make your battles quicker since you don't need to waste turns using Magnet Rise, but it's riskier if a Mold Breaker pokemon pops your balloon. If you're teaming with an Earthquake user, I would especially avoid the Air Balloon.

M-Scizor is a great back-up. It's a good switch if Manectric is getting Toxic-stalled, or you can't refresh Magnet Rise (Sleep/Disable). Sunsteel Strike has a whopping 100 power / 100 accuracy. It also ignores abilities, which is crucial if Wonder Guard gets Traced and you don't have another answer. Occa Berry is there if you somehow get hit with a Fire move.
Neither pokemon ever got KO'd, and the AI does understand that you have Wonder Guard after they trigger it the first time. They just can't stop what's coming :pimp: Also, Cynthia is a moron and I don't know how anyone gets high streaks with an AI partner.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This post is from ages ago, but someone raised a question about this spread today and I wasn't sure how to answer.

Tyranitar-4 holds a Mega Stone, so Tyranitar-Mega-4 outspeeds this anyway once it evolves. Was this Aegislash EVd more to defeat all 81s as opposed to TTar-4 specifically? Last gen's "magic number" that Turskain calculated was 79; does that still hold true, or is 82 better?
A bit late on the reply but, the Mega Tyranitar is Brave, so its speed stat actually ends up conveniently being the same as a regular Adamant Tyranitar, 81.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)