The most amazing thing you have done in Pokémon?

Kinda mundane but... getting the hang on breeding or soft-resetting for Hidden Power.

Fine, it took me six and a half boxes of breedjects (including briefly breeding Shellos because I had one with a 30 Speed IV but was a female), but I got a Popplio with HP Fire and excellent IVs (although Special Attack is not 30, it seems to be at least 26)

Is there anybody here who has gotten by via using a horrible Pokemon in-game?
Blissey? Ledian? Something like that?
Me? The worst I've used is Liepard.

DHR-107 did a shitmons run of XY a while ago iirc. Team was Ledian/Wob/Delcatty and a few others I don't remember.

It's certainly doable, it just requires a lot of patience (stall mons like Chansey/Blissey/Pyuku are actually quite good in game, they just take forever to get their job done.)

Personally, I used a Ledian once when I was young and didn't really understand stats. I liked its design so why not?

DHR-107 did a shitmons run of XY a while ago iirc. Team was Ledian/Wob/Delcatty and a few others I don't remember.

It's certainly doable, it just requires a lot of patience (stall mons like Chansey/Blissey/Pyuku are actually quite good in game, they just take forever to get their job done.)

Personally, I used a Ledian once when I was young and didn't really understand stats. I liked its design so why not?
In the Sun and Moon room we had this annoying kid who kept going on and on about his solo-runs, which I'm pretty sure he purposely did to annoy us. He asked for suggestions and I kept replying "Pyukumuku." He ignored me, of course.

I know a guy who uses Shitmons a lot. Dunsparce is actually his favorite. He used Ledian and well, he said it sucked. Ledian has an amazing design but you can't do anything with it. I might try Ledian someday, but it'd feel like a waste, since I never like dumping Pokemon in a run and sticking with them all the way to Lv 100.

Pokémon isn't a particularly hard game so you could essentially do a run with anything not called Unown and (eventually) win. I bet you could get by in BW with nothing but an eviolite Dewott, a Silk Scarf Blitzle and an HM slave or two.

i won in moon with both a vullaby and a salandit on my team didn't know how to evolve salandit but vullaby evolved after acerola and i had not special trained anything up to then

i won in moon with both a vullaby and a salandit on my team didn't know how to evolve salandit but vullaby evolved after acerola and i had not special trained anything up to then
That would most likely be because your Salandit is male - only female Salandit can evolve.

That would most likely be because your Salandit is male - only female Salandit can evolve.
oh thx for that it is kinda like combee then

i used dunsparce and smeargle in soul silver smeargle had decent coverage from wild mons but they weren;t that good moves dunsparce however had fire blast but lance was a pain to beat because dunsparce was my ice beam mon and he was like lv 60 at best had to use a lot of revives to beat the league

MOD EDIT: Please do not double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I used a Dunsparce in a HG run up to Red a few years ago, and it actually did pretty alright the whole way through, although it's mostly a one trick phony w/ Serene Grace. Having Headbutt handed to it on a silver platter (instead of being a egg move) along with Serene Grace & Glare is pretty cool. It did lose some steam late-game as expected, but it did contribute to all the major battles it participated in. It was ironically the MVP of my sweep of Red, and it was great at killing the devilspawn known as Whitney's Miltank and Silver's Bayleef in Azalea Town.

I used a Dunsparce in a HG run up to Red a few years ago, and it actually did pretty alright the whole way through, although it's mostly a one trick phony w/ Serene Grace. Having Headbutt handed to it on a silver platter (instead of being a egg move) along with Serene Grace & Glare is pretty cool. It did lose some steam late-game as expected, but it did contribute to all the major battles it participated in. It was ironically the MVP of my sweep of Red, and it was great at killing the devilspawn known as Whitney's Miltank and Silver's Bayleef in Azalea Town.
Silver's Bayleef dies to Heracross's Brick Break.

In my playtrough of Alpha Sapphire, I vowed to catch all of the legendaries in standard Pokeballs. The only one I couldn't catch was, oddly enough, Kyogre, because I ran out of Pokeballs.

In my playtrough of Alpha Sapphire, I vowed to catch all of the legendaries in standard Pokeballs. The only one I couldn't catch was, oddly enough, Kyogre, because I ran out of Pokeballs.
ah,that reminds me of pearl when i caught palkia in a regular poke ball when i ran out of ultra balls not bad though must have took a lot of time what with getting a good nature and all.

as you mention blissey i just have to start with having to start a soul silver shadylocke with a heatran with only ancientpower as well as later on getting the blissey right before goldenrod if you don't know what a shadylocke is look up shadypenguinn on youtube and losing my 1st 2 encounters which were mewtwo w/teleport and a tyranitar i crited with heatrans ancientpower after grinding in the grass before getting balls

MOD EDIT: Please don't double post. And listen to Tazonite, fix your language.

Last edited by a moderator:
as you mention blissey i just have to start with having to start a soul silver shadylocke with a heatran with only ancientpower as well as later on getting the blissey right before goldenrod if you don't know what a shadylocke is look up shadypenguinn on youtube and losing my 1st 2 encounters which were mewtwo w/teleport and a tyranitar i crited with heatrans ancientpower after grinding in the grass before getting balls
Periods, capitalization, comma, punctuation.
I can't understand what you're really saying.

Periods, capitalization, comma, punctuation.
I can't understand what you're really saying.
As you mention blissey, I just have to start with having to start a soul silver shadylocke with a heatran with only ancientpower as his move. i got the blissey right before goldenrod. if you don't know what a shadylocke is look up shadypenguinn on youtube. right after i lost my 1st 2 encounters which were mewtwo w/teleport and a tyranitar i crited with heatrans ancientpower after grinding in the grass before getting balls,as per the rules of the locke.

As you mention blissey, I just have to start with having to start a soul silver shadylocke with a heatran with only ancientpower as his move. i got the blissey right before goldenrod. if you don't know what a shadylocke is look up shadypenguinn on youtube. right after i lost my 1st 2 encounters which were mewtwo w/teleport and a tyranitar i crited with heatrans ancientpower after grinding in the grass before getting balls,as per the rules of the locke.
You could've just edited your original post instead of making a new one...

Anyway so this post has a point: Most amazing S/M thing was catching Tapu Lele in a Beast Ball...with no status on the first throw (its HP was red, however). Given how Beast Balls are supposedly about 10% effective as a regular Poke Ball, this came as a shock, especially since I was only throwing it as a joke to myself.

I caught both Solgaleo and Tapu Lele at full health in regular Pokeballs in Sun. I was only trying to catch both of them that way as a joke, and I wasn't expecting to actually catch them that way.

I remember, in Emerald, catching an Adamant Groudon at full health in a Dive Ball. To be fair, I was soft resetting for a shiny (and a Synchronize Adamant Ralts in the lead) and, if it wasn't Shiny, I would toss my only Dive Ball at it (because I was like "lol, irony") before soft-resetting. I guess that's more telling of shiny encounter rates than my catching of the Pokemon though...

I remember, in Emerald, catching an Adamant Groudon at full health in a Dive Ball. To be fair, I was soft resetting for a shiny (and a Synchronize Adamant Ralts in the lead) and, if it wasn't Shiny, I would toss my only Dive Ball at it (because I was like "lol, irony") before soft-resetting. I guess that's more telling of shiny encounter rates than my catching of the Pokemon though...
Dive Balls are super-effective on non-Primal Groudon :P

Dive Balls are super-effective on non-Primal Groudon :P
That doesn't even make sense he isn't a water or bug type unless it has to deal with it technically being from a sea (of lava, that is) but a pretty amazing thing i did the other day was find a relicanth without knowing that bubbling thing through reg. fishing

That doesn't even make sense he isn't a water or bug type unless it has to deal with it technically being from a sea (of lava, that is) but a pretty amazing thing i did the other day was find a relicanth without knowing that bubbling thing through reg. fishing
It was a joke on the fact Dive is super-effective on Groudon :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)