Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Gen. 6 Trade)

LF female Larvesta in a Dream Ball. Flame Body would be nice but ability doesn't really matter and egg moves are appreciated but unnecessary. What matters is that it is female and in a DB.

Will give any 'mon from my trade thread.

Also, question: Can the Snorlax on Route 11 in HGSS be female? I plan on SR'ing for one.

Last edited:
(Gen. 6 Trade)

LF female Larvesta in a Dream Ball. Flame Body would be nice but ability doesn't really matter and egg moves are appreciated but unnecessary. What matters is that it is female and in a DB.

Will give any 'mon from my trade thread.

Also, question: Can the Snorlax on Route 11 in HGSS be female? I plan on SR'ing for one.
Larvesta cannot be on dream ball. It's HA is not available on gen 5 either.

Snorlax from HG/SS can be female, 12.5% female ratio

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Why are people still soft resetting legendary Pokemon for IVs when there is hyper training? When I first heard of hyper training, I thought for sure that it would be the end of soft resetting in generation 7.
It's not like any Pokemon are perfect just by spending a gold bottle cap on it. Hyper training makes the selected stat act like it's 31, but Hyper Training doesn't let you train the stat to be lower than 31. And Pokemon who don't run any physical attacks prefer to have 0 Attack to take minimal Foul Play/Confusion damage, and Pokemon that take advantage of Trick room or use moves like Gyro Ball prefer to have 0 Speed. There's also some Pokemon that run Life orb, and prefer to have an HP IV of 27/29 to take less recoil-damage from Life Orb. The Hidden Power type is also not possible to be changed after the Pokemon's recieved, so you'd need to SR for that in addition to some IVs that needs to be a number that's lower than 31.

Now, that doesn't seem like much at first, but getting something like a Timid Tapu Lele with an Attack IV of 0 and Hidden Power fire is lower than the chance of getting a shiny from MM'ing.

Of course, there's also some collectors who don't care for Hyper Training and just want Legendaries that are good without having to be Hyper Trained.

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Why are people still soft resetting legendary Pokemon for IVs when there is hyper training? When I first heard of hyper training, I thought for sure that it would be the end of soft resetting in generation 7.
In addition to what others have said, there is also no reason to believe that Hyper Training will remain a feature after Gen 7. Just like Super Training only existed in Gen 6 and the Dream World only existed in Gen 5, Game Freak has been known to remove useful/fan favorite features from generation to generation. It's possible that Gen 8 will reset Hyper Trained IVs, who knows. SRing is future proof, so it's still worth it to me for that alone.

In addition to what others have said, there is also no reason to believe that Hyper Training will remain a feature after Gen 7. Just like Super Training only existed in Gen 6 and the Dream World only existed in Gen 5, Game Freak has been known to remove useful/fan favorite features from generation to generation. It's possible that Gen 8 will reset Hyper Trained IVs, who knows. SRing is future proof, so it's still worth it to me for that alone.
^^ This. Not all heroes wear capes.

To continue playing devils advocate, remember how quickly the developers acted on super training. It lasted a single Gen and was dropped like a hot plate. Hyper training arguably ruins what some consider lucrative property and want their invested time to mean something. RNG is a thing again in Gen 7 after being abesent in Gen 6. Some people like challenges and the sense of achievement is greatly diminished if someone else is able to rise to it at the press of a button.

Just my $0.02.

So I have a question, I've been playing pokemon since red and blue we're first released, but I never got into play till the release of x and y, when breeding for perfect ivs, is 5 perfect ones ok? Are they the same as Pokémon with 6 ivs? I have so many with 5 perfect ivs that I started breeding in gen 6, but I just never knew if they were acceptable for battle spot so I don't get completely wrecked.

So I have a question, I've been playing pokemon since red and blue we're first released, but I never got into play till the release of x and y, when breeding for perfect ivs, is 5 perfect ones ok? Are they the same as Pokémon with 6 ivs? I have so many with 5 perfect ivs that I started breeding in gen 6, but I just never knew if they were acceptable for battle spot so I don't get completely wrecked.
Hey there! In most cases, yes. Pokémon with 5 perfect IVs can be just as good as 6 maximum IVs. In the case of a more physically or specially attacking oriented Pokémon you can have a non-max IV in the lesser attack (an Adamant or Jolly attacker can have a lower special attack IV, for example) and it will still be optimal.

Last edited:
Hey there! In most cases, yes. Pokémon with 5 perfect IVs can be just as good as 6 maximum IVs. In the case of a more physically or specially attacking oriented Pokémon you can have a non-max IV in the lesser attack (an Adamant or Jolly attacker can have a lower special attack IV, for example) and it will still be optimal.
Thanks so much! This really helped

Thanks so much! This really helped
Of course! It can get a bit more technical as you go further in teaching yourself the metagame too. For special attackers, trying to get a Pokémon with as low an attack IV as you can is preferred to take less damage from confusion self-hits and the the move Foul Play. It's not necessary, but it's helpful in some matchups.

Edit: it can go WAY deeper with super-specific IV builds on some Pokémon, but start with baby steps. :)

I'm looking for a preferably 5IV competitive Impish Gible with it's HA in gen 6 (XYORAS) so I can tutor it Stealth Rock.

I have the following 5IV comps to trade:

5IV HA Jolly Totodile w/ Dragon Dance, Aqua Jet, Ice Punch and Crunch
5IV Adamant Guts Timburr (dreamball) w/ Force Palm, Drain Punch, Wide Guard and Mach Punch
5IV Careful Klefki w/ Switcheroo, Lock-On, Iron Defense and Thief
5IV Calm HA Slowpoke (dreamball)
5IV Timid Treecko w/ Synthesis, Leaf Storm, Crunch and Leaf Seed

Larvesta cannot be on dream ball. It's HA is not available on gen 5 either.

Snorlax from HG/SS can be female, 12.5% female ratio
That sucks. Thanks for letting me know!

Anyway, now that DB's are out of the picture... what's the best ball for shiny Volcarona?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
That sucks. Thanks for letting me know!

Anyway, now that DB's are out of the picture... what's the best ball for shiny Volcarona?

I think Ultra suits it pretty well, with the Yellow wings and dark body matching up with the Yellow and Dark color scheme of the Ultra Ball.

Keep?

Careful
30/31/31/9/31/31

Also, which ball fits best?
I'd toss, because I'm very picky on IVs of stats you'd put investment into, so at least HP and Special Defense would need to be 31 on a Careful one, for me to keep.
Edit: Also, I prefer dusk on it.

Of course! It can get a bit more technical as you go further in teaching yourself the metagame too. For special attackers, trying to get a Pokémon with as low an attack IV as you can is preferred to take less damage from confusion self-hits and the the move Foul Play. It's not necessary, but it's helpful in some matchups.

Edit: it can go WAY deeper with super-specific IV builds on some Pokémon, but start with baby steps. :)
For sure, thanks so much for the info! Is there a forum or something that I can read that will help me out?

I think Ultra suits it pretty well, with the Yellow wings and dark body matching up with the Yellow and Dark color scheme of the Ultra Ball.
I actually did a TSV hatch for someone with a Larvesta egg in an Ultra Ball. I didn't like how it looked but now that you put them side by side it does look a lot better. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)