Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do dream ball mons can have its egg moves via breeding? I'm still new at breading thing and it's very hard when learning the pokeball legality.
Almost every pokemon can have egg moves once bred (with the exception of Genderless or Male Only Pokemon). You just need to breed a female of the target species with another pokemon in the same egg group that has potential egg move. Sites like Serebii or Bulbapedia will list all available egg moves at the bottom for each species (Serebii is usually better since it's more concise).

Right, I'm subtracting whatever is necessary to generate a difference of 192. Also, I'm using an area of Malie Garden where supposedly 0 NPCs exist, at least according to one guide (unless there are ghost NPCs, but I would imagine they'd throw my frame off more than 15 or 40 or whatever number it seems to be).
I've never hit the right frame if the difference to hit 192 is anything other than 96/63. Saying that, I'm not yet on my Kartana encounter in Malie garden (still trying to RNG another flawless HP ice Xurkitree) I'm not aware of any ghost NPCs other than Tapu Fini encounter.

Try standing here and using an error of 40 after hitting the 192 pre counter for eon timer using the numbers above.

Almost every pokemon can have egg moves once bred (with the exception of Genderless or Male Only Pokemon). You just need to breed a female of the target species with another pokemon in the same egg group that has potential egg move. Sites like Serebii or Bulbapedia will list all available egg moves at the bottom for each species (Serebii is usually better since it's more concise).
Thanks man for answering!

Is the only way to get HA Thundurus, Tornadus, and Landorus still the Dream Radar? I got a Timid Thundurus, Naive Tornadus, and Timid Landorus, the Landorus's nature being for its Incarnate forme with Sheer Force. I'm thinking about RNGing other natures (since I have a copy of the SD card contents somewhere) on my other B2W2 file, if that's still possible at all, so is there another nature that would be better for that trio, especially Landorus?

I've never hit the right frame if the difference to hit 192 is anything other than 96/63. Saying that, I'm not yet on my Kartana encounter in Malie garden (still trying to RNG another flawless HP ice Xurkitree) I'm not aware of any ghost NPCs other than Tapu Fini encounter.

Try standing here and using an error of 40 after hitting the 192 pre counter for eon timer using the numbers above.
That's where I'm standing exactly, with no discrepancy whatsoever. I'm using Blastoise's guide and the (Italian?) guide on UB RNG abuse and I'm doing whatever it says. Unfortunately, I've been unable to hit Celesteela, even though I've gotten quite, quite close sometimes. There's just some weird-ass variation that occurs sometimes, and I've even adjusted my pre-timer a few times to no avail.

Did you encounter anything like that doing Xurkitree? Or was the error of ~21 (IIRC) exactly enough for you to hit your target frame?

That's where I'm standing exactly, with no discrepancy whatsoever. I'm using Blastoise's guide and the (Italian?) guide on UB RNG abuse and I'm doing whatever it says. Unfortunately, I've been unable to hit Celesteela, even though I've gotten quite, quite close sometimes. There's just some weird-ass variation that occurs sometimes, and I've even adjusted my pre-timer a few times to no avail.
I found Blastoise xs guide very confusing. I can't recommend the Italian guys guide highly enough - that's the same one I've been using. I hit my Xurkitree and both my flawless buzzwole using that guide, and the recommended error with very little problem.

My biggest issue seems to be the very low UB encounter rate when using honey. I get about 10 wild encounters for every UB and it's 50/50 whether or not the flawless spread I want is in the first 50,000 frames.

I found Blastoise xs guide very confusing. I can't recommend the Italian guys guide highly enough - that's the same one I've been using. I hit my Xurkitree and both my flawless buzzwole using that guide, and the recommended error with very little problem.

My biggest issue seems to be the very low UB encounter rate when using honey. I get about 10 wild encounters for every UB and it's 50/50 whether or not the flawless spread I want is in the first 50,000 frames.
Haha, I know, before I found the Italian guide I was using Haina Desert for Celesteela, which is like Lush Jungle for Xurkitree--shit encounter rate. Once I went 15 encounters without running into one.

In Malie Garden it's not as bad, maybe 1 in 3~4 Honeys, and the frame wait is usually <5,000, but I can't figure out this whole shifting frame thing with Celesteela.

Having a Max Repel up wouldn't affect anything, would it? I just realized I had it up before I saved.

Haha, I know, before I found the Italian guide I was using Haina Desert for Celesteela, which is like Lush Jungle for Xurkitree--shit encounter rate. Once I went 15 encounters without running into one.

In Malie Garden it's not as bad, maybe 1 in 3~4 Honeys, and the frame wait is usually <5,000, but I can't figure out this whole shifting frame thing with Celesteela.

Having a Max Repel up wouldn't affect anything, would it? I just realized I had it up before I saved.
Interesting you say that, I was thinking that may help the issue of the low encounter rate. If anything it should help because whatever is attracted by honey should be closer to the level of your lead Pokemon? I've yet to give it a try but I might look into it. Dust clouds in Haina desert will have almost certainly been the problem.

Did you have any issue with Pheromosa as they are also in the encounter area.

Interesting you say that, I was thinking that may help the issue of the low encounter rate. If anything it should help because whatever is attracted by honey should be closer to the level of your lead Pokemon? I've yet to give it a try but I might look into it. Dust clouds in Haina desert will have almost certainly been the problem.

Did you have any issue with Pheromosa as they are also in the encounter area.
I haven't tried Pheromosa yet, only other UB I've tried is Nihilego, which was relatively easy.

I RNG'd in an area of Haina where there weren't any dust clouds or NPCs, although there was still a sandstorm most of the time.

I don't know if Max Repel really did anything to the encounter rate. I was using it in Haina Desert, too, and that was a depressingly low encounter rate.

I haven't tried Pheromosa yet, only other UB I've tried is Nihilego, which was relatively easy.

I RNG'd in an area of Haina where there weren't any dust clouds or NPCs, although there was still a sandstorm most of the time.

I don't know if Max Repel really did anything to the encounter rate. I was using it in Haina Desert, too, and that was a depressingly low encounter rate.
Very interesting. I've got something I need to do IRL and then I might test it out. At least that way we can rule it out one way or the other since I've had success in lush jungle before now.

Very interesting. I've got something I need to do IRL and then I might test it out. At least that way we can rule it out one way or the other since I've had success in lush jungle before now.
Cool, I look forward to hearing the results.

I'm also curious, does the timing of bringing up the menu (just the menu, not the Bag) affect it at all? Does RotomDex stop blinking once the menu is up?

Cool, I look forward to hearing the results.

I'm also curious, does the timing of bringing up the menu (just the menu, not the Bag) affect it at all? Does RotomDex stop blinking once the menu is up?
I've had the menu up every time ready to go so I only need to press A. That way there are no unexpected frame advancements or mad rush to do it in time. The only changes in frame (+6) that I've seen are between the menu and pressing A on the bag. Sometimes there is a brief freeze for a second or two but I'm not sure what causes it. If it's Rotomdex (likely, because I've seen this happen with the Tapu encounters) I'd say that it's still active when you're in the menu.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Have a Naive Pheromosa with Max Atk/SpA/Spe that I'm willing to trade for a Modest Pheromosa (preferably 5IV or bottlecapped but I'm not that picky). FC is 2122-6349-8173.

anyone have an extra regenerator mareanie that they can toss my way?

Been trying to get one in game, but Im getting rather impatient :/

will trade back final product or breeding project if needed :)

I've had the menu up every time ready to go so I only need to press A. That way there are no unexpected frame advancements or mad rush to do it in time. The only changes in frame (+6) that I've seen are between the menu and pressing A on the bag. Sometimes there is a brief freeze for a second or two but I'm not sure what causes it. If it's Rotomdex (likely, because I've seen this happen with the Tapu encounters) I'd say that it's still active when you're in the menu.
Just an update: I tried RNGing some Celesteela again, same problem.

A thought occurred to me: Are you doing this with or without a synch Pokemon? I'm using a Synchronize Pokemon and cheking the [Consider blinking process (sync)] option in the RNG Tool. I never had any problem doing it with stationary Pokemon, but things have sometimes been ...weird... with UBs using it. Like, I'll calculate the target frame with that option checked, and then the actual Pokemon I catch won't exist unless I un-check the box.

Just an update: I tried RNGing some Celesteela again, same problem.

A thought occurred to me: Are you doing this with or without a synch Pokemon? I'm using a Synchronize Pokemon and cheking the [Consider blinking process (sync)] option in the RNG Tool. I never had any problem doing it with stationary Pokemon, but things have sometimes been ...weird... with UBs using it. Like, I'll calculate the target frame with that option checked, and then the actual Pokemon I catch won't exist unless I un-check the box.
I've used a synch for every one of my UB RNGs so far, but I've never had the consider blinking process box ticked.

Does anyone have an Adamant/Impish/Bold Growlithe splitback with Close Combat and Morning Sun for trade?
I am starting to get some decent Pokemon, so I might not be able to offer much, but here are a few things I can trade:
- Modest (either abilities) Piplup in a Dream Ball with Hydro Pump, Yawn, Icy Wind
- Jolly HA Totodile in a lure Ball with Dragon Dance, Ice Punch, Crunch
- Adamant/Jolly Drillbur
- Adamant Premier Ball Delibird with Fake Out, Ice Shards, Destiny Bond
- Timid (any ability) Litwik in Love Ball with Heat Wave, Haze, Clear Smog

Does anyone have an Adamant/Impish/Bold Growlithe splitback with Close Combat and Morning Sun for trade?
I am starting to get some decent Pokemon, so I might not be able to offer much, but here are a few things I can trade:
- Modest (either abilities) Piplup in a Dream Ball with Hydro Pump, Yawn, Icy Wind
- Jolly HA Totodile in a lure Ball with Dragon Dance, Ice Punch, Crunch
- Adamant/Jolly Drillbur
- Adamant Premier Ball Delibird with Fake Out, Ice Shards, Destiny Bond
- Timid (any ability) Litwik in Love Ball with Heat Wave, Haze, Clear Smog
I got an adamant one. I'd like the piplup. I'll send you a PM. :)

@Above conversation
Please direct any RNG related discussion to the RNG help threads.
I've posted in the Most Generation Thread, but it's been a week and a half since I posted there without anyone responding. I've had to edit the same message several times to avoid double-posting. I'll make a private conversation with Chaotician (who has been by far the most helpful person related to Gen 7 RNG mechanics for me) but it seems like the main RNG thread here--as well as r/pokemonrng--are all but dead.

anyone have an extra regenerator mareanie that they can toss my way?

Been trying to get one in game, but Im getting rather impatient :/

will trade back final product or breeding project if needed :)
Have you been helped yet? I can give you a spitback for free if you still need it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)