Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Previously hosted by: nv
Approved by: Ark
Art: Placeholder by Accelgor

ab90e8507e.png

UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab

Hello, everyone. We're Amaroq and Accelgor. Throughout our time in UU, we have noticed that many newer players struggle to build effective teams. In an effort to rectify that, we have joined forces with several experienced UU players to host the UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab. Here, users can post Pokemon sets or cores that they would like the Lab staff to build a team around. The Lab staff may then reply with their team and the team building process they used so that the client can see our thought processes, and, as a result, better develop their ability to build their own teams in the future.

Also, in an effort to improve all of us and get some quality discussion for the thread, we're going to propose that you guys take the builds we create, play around 5 games on the ladder with them at a decent rank, and then link all replays and talk about how to expand your teambuilding from there.

Rules:

- Have a one paragraph description (3-4 lines should suffice) with the set or core you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be. Also, actually have the set(s) you want us to use in your post. This makes the process of building teams faster for all of us here.

- Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people about what is good in the meta and how to build effective teams. Furthermore, all requests must make sure that the Pokemon being requested are at least B- rank (or above) in the Viability Rankings. If you're requesting a core, make sure that you provide good reasoning as to why that core is worth building around in the current metagame. Even if only one Pokemon is to be built around, it must be viable enough in the current metagame to warrant receiving the time and effort of our staff. We reserve the right to decline any request that we do not feel meets the Lab's quality standards.

- Each user is allowed one request per week. If any user is found requesting multiple teams within that timeframe, the offending posts will be deleted and the user may see further punishment.

- Please remember that these teams are first drafts and, as such, will not be perfect. Edit them as you please. That being said, builders must be willing to take constructive criticism regarding their teams and those who point out the flaws of a builder's team should contribute to the team's improvement in a constructive manner so that the builders and the clients can grow as players.

- Do not flame people for asking for a certain Pokemon or for being unable to build around something themselves.

- On that note, you are free (and highly encouraged) to suggest and post the changes or critiques you've made to already posted teams that you feel improve them.

- However, you are not allowed to post your own teams here to have us modify them. We're here to build new teams, not modify older ones. If you want your own teams critiqued and modified, post them in the RMT forum, not here.

If you wish to become a member of the Lab staff, please send the hosts a forum PM containing an application that follows the format below. Bear in mind that demand for builders will fluctuate based on the volume of requests and the activity level of the Lab's current staff.

1. Be knowledgeable regarding the UU tier and the current metagame
2. Provide evidence demonstrating your skills as a builder (RMT Team Showcase, examples of successful teams, etc.)
3. ~A paragraph in length describing how you build / what playstyle you are best at building (offense, stall, or balance, to be precise)
You must clearly demonstrate to the hosts that you deserve consideration as a builder. If you do not provide enough useful information to successfully enable us to judge your suitability for the position, your application will be declined.

Hosts
Amaroq
Accelgor

Current Builders
esche
Amane Misa
SuperVegeta20
Kreme
TSR
Eyan

Melons-N-Soda | Substitute + Roost Kyurem | Offense or Balance |
GoldenTorkoal | Mega Beedrill + Crawdaunt | Offense | Kreme

Announcements

• The Lab is not currently accepting builder applications.
  • The Lab currently accepts requests for teams in all commonly-played UU metagames (SUMO, ORAS, BW, DPP, ADV).
  • The Lab does not accept requests including Pokemon currently undergoing suspect testing.

Last edited:

Accel

arise
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Teambuilding Lab Team Archive

Crobat Spikestack Offense
Builder: vivalospride
Client: vonK

Mega Beedrill + Crawdaunt Spikestack Offense
Builder: Amane Misa
Client: GoldenTorkoal

LO Taunt Gengar Offense
Builder: Kreme
Client: iSticks

Nasty Plot Salazzle Offense
Client: Et10/10du

SubRoost Kyurem Balance
Builder: Accelgor
Client: Melons-N-Soda

SubCM Z-Chandelure Balance
Client: Lordemort

Guts Heracross Balance
Client: bla bla fat

Stallbreaker Mega Pidgeot Balance
Builder: Esche
Client: HarrisIsAwesome

Volcanion Balance
Client: wmartinez101

Mantine Balance
Client: OrangeGuru

Mega Abomasnow Balance
Client: SludgeBomber

Mega Absol Balance
Client: Goodra

Doublade Balance
Client: HarrisIsAwesome

Sharpedo Spikestack Balance
Client: Suepac

Lycanroc-Dusk Spikestack Balance
Client: Jet Jagger

Kingdra + Klefki Balance
Clients: Marky B | Attack on Dragons

Taunt / Toxic Gliscor + SD Scizor
Client: Sensicane

Disable Gengar Balance
Client: eggsalad63

Guts Heracross Balance
Client: Heldinho

Mega Houndoom Balance
Client: Jordy

Stakataka Balance
Builder: TSR
Clients: brawlerbrad91 | MagicMan120

Like this post and all of your life's problems will fade away

Last edited:
I'd like a team with SubRoost Kyurem:

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Roost

This Pokemon is one I used during my brief stint in the tier last gen, but of course a lot has changed over the generational shift. But still, it's B+ right now, and since you never really see it on ladder, I'd like to try it out. A more offensive team is preferred, though balance is also fine.

Accel

arise
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'd like a team with SubRoost Kyurem:

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Earth Power
- Roost

This Pokemon is one I used during my brief stint in the tier last gen, but of course a lot has changed over the generational shift. But still, it's B+ right now, and since you never really see it on ladder, I'd like to try it out. A more offensive team is preferred, though balance is also fine.

Krookodile @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Tentacruel @ Icium Z
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Scald

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake

I've taken a balanced approach when building around this particular Kyurem set, for it offers both offensive and defensive capabilities. Krookodile hasn't seen much usage lately, however it does provide the necessary Stealth Rock utility while also supporting Kyurem by acting as an offensive complement to it. Certain threats that Krookodile may have trouble downing, such as Gliscor, are threatened by Kyurem and vice versa. Klefki helps support the core by laying down Spikes to help the rest of the team wear down the opposition more easily while also crippling most spinners and defoggers with either Thunder Wave or Toxic. It also checks the Dragons which would otherwise become problematic for the rest of the team to deal with. Tentacruel helps clear away any hazards for Kyurem to operate with more freedom, while also setting up Toxic Spikes to aid Kyurem against the Water types that may try and check it. Haze prevents most set up sweepers from getting out of hand and, with Icium-Z, extends Tentacruel's longevity so that it may fulfill its purpose to the utmost. Serperior is a more straightforward check to the aforementioned Water types while also applying even more switching pressure by virtue of Leech Seed. It is also one of the tier's premier threats at the moment, and also continues to add to the existing offensive synergy between Krookodile and Kyurem. Hone Claws Mega-Aerodactyl rounds out the team here, taking full advantage of the hazard stacking to wear down its usual checks while checking more offensively oriented teams as well as any other option out there. The team is fairly simple to use and should hold its ground against the majority of the tier while also setting the stage for Kyurem to thrive versus most opposing matchups. I hope you enjoy using the team!

Last edited:
Hi, I'd like to suggest a team revolving around sub calm mind Chandelure.

Chandelure @ Firium Z / Ghostium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Fire Blast

I used this mon during a small period in OU w/ Dugtrio and Charizard Y. It proved to be a valiant stallbreaker that a lot of people just couldn't know how to deal with it. Although Chandelure is B, I only see Scarf sets on the ladder. I'd prefer if the team was Balance, but every playstyle is welcome of course.

I'd like to request a team build around the offensive core of Mega Beedrill+Crawdaunt:

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Toxic Spikes

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Mega Beedrill and Crawdaunt can form a nice volturn core with Mega Beedrill threatening the Grass- and Fairy-types that can destroy Crawdaunt and allowing Crawdaunt to have free switchins, which can start breaking the opposing team with the combination of Choice Band+Adaptability. I'd like the team to be some sort of offense/bulky offense, and the builder can change the sets if he/she feels other moves can fit better for the team.

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hi, I'd like to suggest a team revolving around sub calm mind Chandelure.

Chandelure @ Firium Z / Ghostium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Fire Blast

I used this mon during a small period in OU w/ Dugtrio and Charizard Y. It proved to be a valiant stallbreaker that a lot of people just couldn't know how to deal with it. Although Chandelure is B, I only see Scarf sets on the ladder. I'd prefer if the team was Balance, but every playstyle is welcome of course.

Chandelure @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Flamethrower

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze

So like you said I made a balance team with z move sub cm Chandelure, I changed just a few things up with the set (sorry if that bugs you!!) But rn flash fire is probably the worst ability to take on Chandelure since sub seed Serperiors are everywhere, Infiltrator was the way to go on this team. One of the first Chandelure counters that comes to mind whenever you try to think of a pokemon that deals with Chandelure with ease is always Hydreigon, and Sylveon deals with Hydreigon pretty easily, it can safely switch in on it all throughout the game and can also give Chandelure the healing it needs due to lack of Leftovers. Now I added Mega Aggron here because Mega Aggron + Sylveon combo is something a lot of people including me have had a lot of fun with recently, it provides rocks, a mega, a phaser, etc. for the team and I chose to run EQ > Fire Punch due to the fact that Scizor and other Steel types really aren't an issue for this team. Now there is another huge problem that Chandelure has to face aside from Hydreigon and that is Alolan Muk, that is where sub seed Serp, Krookodile, and Mega Aggron come in to deal with it, sub seed Serp actually beats Muk 1v1. I also needed a Ground type, which I view as something that is pretty much mandatory (to me at leas) on balance and stuff because they block Volt Switch, but I also needed some speed control and a little bit of physically offensive presence, so I went with Scarf Krookodile (which also like I said earlier, helps the Muk situation a lot). Now at this point I needed removal and a ground immunity to cover more of Chandelure's weaknesses and Mantine seemed like the perfect mon to fill that role.

Good luck and have fun with the team n_n

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Swords Dance

For the past few weeks Heracross is consistently a topic in the UU chat for its insane ability to break near any stall that doesn't contain acrobatics Gliscor. With that being said, despite my best efforts and attempts at building around this mon I have consistently fell short to create one that I believe is solid enough for me to want to use it. I would prefer if the team was either balance or BO as thats what I believe heracross fits best on however if you would like to build more offensive I wouldnt be opposed to it. If you decide to take this project, thank you in advance.

vivalospride

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Swords Dance

For the past few weeks Heracross is consistently a topic in the UU chat for its insane ability to break near any stall that doesn't contain acrobatics Gliscor. With that being said, despite my best efforts and attempts at building around this mon I have consistently fell short to create one that I believe is solid enough for me to want to use it. I would prefer if the team was either balance or BO as thats what I believe heracross fits best on however if you would like to build more offensive I wouldnt be opposed to it. If you decide to take this project, thank you in advance.

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Defog

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot

Crobat @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Roost

I gotchu with the heat molt. So when starting off with just heracross you need to account for a few things, the first thing most people are gonna think of is flying because of its 4x weakness. Now... This team actually kinda just gets bodied by Maero, this is why Swampert is here and with Wish support. Swampert is going to be your rocker and switch in to most of the things that really bother Heracross such as Maero. For role compression, I went with Florges with Defog > Sylveon because Heal Bell is kind of redundant on a team centered around Heracross. Now because of the fact that Swampert loses to Washtom, a lot of the time it is pretty hard to justify using it over Seismitoad, which is why I added Mega Sceptile to make a little "fuck you voltturn" core, and I thought of adding Infernape for some more speed control and the blassic Nape + Mscept offensive core. Now at this point, I have no fairy resist and while my team isnt that bad against Serp, it's not an amazing match either, and since I have no z move, no ground immunity, no fairy resist, the bat seemed like the most logical option here.

Have fun with the squad molt, gl

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

The team really is straightforward; its main goal is to immensely pressure the opponent with the VoltTurn core of Mega Beedrill, Rotom-Wash and Infernape. I decided that Scizor would be a cool addition to the core. It carries Swords Dance + Fightinium Z, which works pretty well with the core. It really appreciates Toxic Spikes, that are set by Mega Beedrill, and both Rotom-W is able to beat some of its checks, like opposing Infernape, Gliscor, etc. Infernape, through repeated U-Turns and residual, helps Scizor with weakening its checks. At this point, Rotom-Wash looked exceptionally annoying, so did the matchup against Stall. I added SubSeed to not only help patch up those flaws, but to enhance the team's Speed control. At this point, Mega Beedrill, Rotom-W and Infernape still looked really annoying. I also lacked a Stealth Rock setter and noticed that the team is easily beaten by Status. SpD Gliscor seemed really viable here, as it basically provides what the team lacked. It also works pretty well, together with Rotom-Wash, as part of the defensive backbone of the team.

I wish you good luck and fun with the team, brawlerbrad91!

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Toxic Spikes

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Mach Punch

Scizor @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 200 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost

1514667107213.png

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Roost

Mega Pidgeot is always a mon i struggle to build around in the current metagame. The builds i usually try end up being either being weak to manectric or dragons like latias or hydreigon. I think the mon is pretty cool. Hurricane without missing is a godsend. I personally don't care if it's this set or the stallbreaker set, but i would appreicate this regardless!

I would like to request a team centered around sweeping with mega sharpedo
Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Protect

I wouldnt really know where to begin myself so thank you in advance

The team really is straightforward; its main goal is to immensely pressure the opponent with the VoltTurn core of Mega Beedrill, Rotom-Wash and Infernape. I decided that Scizor would be a cool addition to the core. It carries Swords Dance + Fightinium Z, which works pretty well with the core. It really appreciates Toxic Spikes, that are set by Mega Beedrill, and both Rotom-W is able to beat some of its checks, like opposing Infernape, Gliscor, etc. Infernape, through repeated U-Turns and residual, helps Scizor with weakening its checks. At this point, Rotom-Wash looked exceptionally annoying, so did the matchup against Stall. I added SubSeed to not only help patch up those flaws, but to enhance the team's Speed control. At this point, Mega Beedrill, Rotom-W and Infernape still looked really annoying. I also lacked a Stealth Rock setter and noticed that the team is easily beaten by Status. SpD Gliscor seemed really viable here, as it basically provides what the team lacked. It also works pretty well, together with Rotom-Wash, as part of the defensive backbone of the team.

I wish you good luck and fun with the team, brawlerbrad91!

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Toxic Spikes

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Mach Punch

Scizor @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 200 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost
Amane Misa, I did have one question, what's the Fightinium Z move in Scizor supposed to be used for? Does it OHKO certain mons? Just wasn't sure the logic for it.

Accel

arise
Amane Misa, I did have one question, what's the Fightinium Z move in Scizor supposed to be used for? Does it OHKO certain mons? Just wasn't sure the logic for it.
Fightinium-Z on Scizor has been fairly standard as of late and allows for Scizor to punch through stuff it usually wouldn't be able to, such as most opposing Steel-types. It's basically a nuke that Scizor can use when the power of its other moves may not suffice at a particular time. It also offers a minor defensive benefit in reduced Knock Off damage, and overall it's a nice middle ground option between other items such as Life Orb or Iron Plate.

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
View attachment 95521

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Roost

Mega Pidgeot is always a mon i struggle to build around in the current metagame. The builds i usually try end up being either being weak to manectric or dragons like latias or hydreigon. I think the mon is pretty cool. Hurricane without missing is a godsend. I personally don't care if it's this set or the stallbreaker set, but i would appreicate this regardless!

http://pokepast.es/ec3482f2f966a36c

Hello Harris, I have completed your request!

Since you gave the builder the freedom to choose between the all-out-attacking or stallbreaker set on Mega Pidgeot, I chose the latter. As you correctly pointed out, Mega Pidgeot needs quite a bit of support to function properly which is why this team ultimately ended up to be a balanced approach. Seismitoad is an incredible partner for Mega Pidgeot as it effortlessly checks the ever-so-annoying Mega Manectric as well as Mega Aerodactyl. It also acts as a stop to Rotom-W which can't generate Momentum nor Defog versus it and has to be content with a Will-O-Wisp (which doesn't even drain health thanks to the updated burn mechanics!). Poisonium-Z Amoonguss checks Azumarill, Dragon Dance Mega Altaria, SD Cobalion (keep Spore available when facing those) and Mega Sceptile (which I'll admit can be annoying). Synthesis is chosen to keep it healthy so that it can take on these threats comfortably throughout the course of the game. With Amoonguss being a perfect switch-in to Azumarill, I felt comfortable opting for Defog Hydreigon as the hazard control on this team. It beats the majority of Stealth Rock users in the tier, adds a bunch of useful resistances and immunities to the defensive core and still hits hard as ever with a Life Orb equipped, being able to significantly chip down Steel types for mono-attacking Mega Pidgeot. Choice Scarf Infernape patches up the teams weakness to Scizor and provides important speed control. Will-O-Wisp is used in the last slot to catch unsuspecting Azumarill and Gliscor on the switch-in, although Stone Edge or Gunk Shot are equally useful options in this slot. The very last spot on this team was supposed to be a check to Latias, and, if possible, aid Pidgeot in its endeavour to sweep. Choice Band Metagross fit quite nicely here, being able to remove Latias from play with Pursuit, severely damaging Rotom-W with Zen Headbutt (its a 2HKO on the standard spread), and providing the team with a Dragon and Flying resist, as well as an priority option in Bullet Punch.

I hope you enjoy the team, have fun!

Last edited:
Hey UU builders! My break from school is running short, but I'd like a team around Mantine. I initially had a team from the early SM meta days (a really cool balance that I liked), but Clefable ended up moving back to OU in usage and invalidated the team and I had no idea how to change it from that point. EVs and the set can be tweaked if needed and I don't care about play style (tho perhaps balance again would be nice). Here's the set from my first Mantine team (idk if trends have changed it, I've been out of UU for quite a while):

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze

http://pokepast.es/ec3482f2f966a36c

Hello Harris, I have completed your request!

Since you gave the builder the freedom to choose between the all-out-attacking or stallbreaker set on Mega Pidgeot, I chose the latter. As you correctly pointed out, Mega Pidgeot needs quite a bit of support to function properly which is why this team ultimately ended up to be a balanced approach. Seismitoad is an incredible partner for Mega Pidgeot as it effortlessly checks the ever-so-annoying Mega Manectric as well as Mega Aerodactyl. It also acts as a stop to Rotom-W which can't generate Momentum nor Defog versus it and has to be content with a Will-O-Wisp (which doesn't even drain health thanks to the updated burn mechanics!). Poisonium-Z Amoonguss checks Azumarill, Dragon Dance Mega Altaria, SD Cobalion (keep Spore available when facing those) and Mega Sceptile (which I'll admit can be annoying). Synthesis is chosen to keep it healthy so that it can take on these threats comfortably throughout the course of the game. With Amoonguss being a perfect switch-in to Azumarill, I felt comfortable opting for Defog Hydreigon as the hazard control on this team. It beats the majority of Stealth Rock users in the tier, adds a bunch of useful resistances and immunities to the defensive core and still hits hard as ever with a Life Orb equipped, being able to significantly chip down Steel types for mono-attacking Mega Pidgeot. Choice Scarf Infernape patches up the teams weakness to Scizor and provides important speed control. Will-O-Wisp is used in the last slot to catch unsuspecting Azumarill and Gliscor on the switch-in, although Stone Edge or Gunk Shot are equally useful options in this slot. The very last spot on this team was supposed to be a check to Latias, and, if possible, aid Pidgeot in its endeavour to sweep. Choice Band Metagross fit quite nicely here, being able to remove Latias from play with Pursuit, severely damaging Rotom-W with Zen Headbutt (its a 2HKO on the standard spread), and providing the team with a Dragon and Flying resist, as well as an priority option in Bullet Punch.

I hope you enjoy the team, have fun!
Looks dope man, appreciate it!

vivalospride

https://gyazo.com/164031ac0b077d503847980116b37142

I am requesting a team around Fightinium z Volcanion. I like this set because it helps vs stall and i just like this set. If it causes an issue in building, change the set, ill accept specs or scarf. i Just really want to use Volcanion in UU
Yeah so I tried my best on this one I think it turned out pretty good.

Volcanion @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Superpower

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Raikou @ Ghostium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 204 Atk / 180 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Defog

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Aqua Tail
- Roost

Alright so yeah I did indeed change the set just a little bit to an all out attacking Volcanion with Life Orb instead of Fightium Z, but Life Orb boosted Superpower still 2HKO's and with enough chip can OHKO Blissey. Now I decided to start off with having this thing lure for CM Ghostium Z Raikou since Raikou can't do much to Blissey especially with Blissey being immune to it's nuke (Never Ending Nightmare). So I figured with this a pursuit trapper such as Muk could be great here since another common Volcanion switch in is Latias, and while I do have Raikou which outspeeds and has the super effective Z move, it would be nice to have a switch in with pursuit to provide support for these pokemon. Speaking of Lati, I added Choice Scarf Latias to the squad because of type synergy and speed control, the team desperately needed a ground immunity and some speed control, but Lati also (while not very reliably) provides the hazard control with Defog in the 4th slot. Now with Lati I decided to add Seismitoad for a more reliable answer to Washtom, Stealth Rocks, and something for Muk which can be a real bother for this team. For the last slot I needed a mega, and Mega Aerodactyl seemed like a good one because it would add another ground immunity, and could poke holes in the enemy team allowing for Volc to do what it needs to do and to give Raikou better opportunities to set up. If there are some things to work out that I missed make sure to hmu on Smogon or on PS n_n. (im vivalospride on PS)

Good luck and have fun with the squad!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)