Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Tenebricite

Leader of the Pawniards
is a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Thank you! But ah, yes, I am looking to change the actual base stats and have a visualization of that, without any IV/EVs. I used Dabomstew's open source universal randomizer, and it has the option of creating a log file after the randomization. So in that file I can look up the Pokemon and see the total base stats that were assigned to them, which can be very different than what they should be! (Sometimes in a good way, sometimes not)
Ah, if you're looking to manipulate the actual base stats, I'm sorry, I don't know of any calculator or anything that can randomize them.

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was hoping you guys could help me figure out how the base stat graphs are created on the Smogon dex. You know, the horizontal bar graph with HP, Attack, Defense, etc.

I know they have a total of 255 and are color coded (green = high and red = low) but is there an easy way to find the code for how long the bars are or what color they are? Or even better an appplet or something that you can input your own values and it will make the chart for you?

I am starting a randomized run (just for fun) and I want to make profiles of my team members with their randomized stats.

This question doesn't have that much to do with Smogon or competitive battling, but you guys are the most knowledgeable around! I've looked everywhere for this kind of tool, but since I'm pretty new I think I'm not looking in the right place. So I was hoping you could point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your time!
Thank you! But ah, yes, I am looking to change the actual base stats and have a visualization of that, without any IV/EVs. I used Dabomstew's open source universal randomizer, and it has the option of creating a log file after the randomization. So in that file I can look up the Pokemon and see the total base stats that were assigned to them, which can be very different than what they should be! (Sometimes in a good way, sometimes not)
Hi Parviglumis,

The Smogon Pokedex uses a Javascript function to output the bars. You can see the HTML output of this function by right-clicking on one of the bars and selecting "Inspect." Here's an example of a part you'd be interested in, taken from Abomasnow:
1517357691855.png

The Javascript itself (this link to it might work, not sure if it's permanent or transient) would be a bit much to decipher for a quick team profiles project, so I'd recommend trying to whip something up in excel or with another program.

I created an excel sample applet for you to try out if you'd like: You can download it here.

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for. That's awesome that you would create a brand new spreadsheet just for this. Wow. Also it is a lot more complicated than I ever thought!

Lou

going solo
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Where can i find USM sprites? (normal and shinies) i tried looking in the official index but didn't found them :(

Heat Rotom-->Rotom-H
Wash Rotom-->Rotom-W
Frost Rotom-->Rotom-F
Fan Rotom-->Rotom-S
Mow Rotom-->Rotom-C
I get that fan Rotom can't be called Rotom-F because there's already a Rotom-F, but why can't mow Rotom be called Rotom-M?
By the way, why is day Lycanroc considered the base form and night Lycanroc considered an alternate form?

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Heat Rotom-->Rotom-H
Wash Rotom-->Rotom-W
Frost Rotom-->Rotom-F
Fan Rotom-->Rotom-S
Mow Rotom-->Rotom-C
I get that fan Rotom can't be called Rotom-F because there's already a Rotom-F, but why can't mow Rotom be called Rotom-M?
By the way, why is day Lycanroc considered the base form and night Lycanroc considered an alternate form?
Rotom-Mow has also been known as Rotom-Cut afaik

Tenebricite

Leader of the Pawniards
OUPL Champion
Heat Rotom-->Rotom-H
Wash Rotom-->Rotom-W
Frost Rotom-->Rotom-F
Fan Rotom-->Rotom-S
Mow Rotom-->Rotom-C
"Rotom-C" is another name for Rotom-Mow and stands for "Rotom-Cut," as it's form is a lawnmower.

Tenebricite

Leader of the Pawniards
OUPL Champion
Rotom-Cut is just a fun term invented by players, I believe. People understand both but I believe Rotom-M, Rotom-Mow, or Mow Rotom are more commonly used

Tenebricite

Leader of the Pawniards
OUPL Champion
Isn't Smogon supposed to make the abbreviation based on the official name of the form(e)?
I don't believe they necessarily have to in situations like this. PS takes the name Rotom-C into account, but the Damage Calculator doesn't.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
So the name "Rotom-mow" was never more official than "Rotom-cut"?
Let me clarify since no one seems to remember this anymore. Before XY, games were released in Japanese long before localization happened. When Platinum came out, the Rotom formes were known only by their Japanese names, which are Cut/Heat/Frost/Spin/Wash. By the time the English versions came around over 6 months later, Smogon users had already gotten so used to referring to them by their Japanese names that a good amount of people just kept doing it. So many people were still doing it that Cut and Spin have been aliased to the Mow and Fan formes on Showdown since it started. It's just a coincidence that none of the Japanese names start with the same letter, and that was probably convenient for C&C which likes single-letter forme abbreviations.

Is there a way to save the teambuilder on Showdown to use offline?

I want to be able to make teams when I'm traveling. I know if you're on the page and then you disconnect from the server you can 'work offline' but I can't see a way to do this without always having the teambuilder open in the background.

I tried Save Page As... in Chrome, but it saves all the Javascript to a separate folder then the .htm, so the page loads all broken. I'm using Mac and Chrome or Android and Chrome. Thanks for the help! I hope this is the right forum.

Is there a way to save the teambuilder on Showdown to use offline?

I want to be able to make teams when I'm traveling. I know if you're on the page and then you disconnect from the server you can 'work offline' but I can't see a way to do this without always having the teambuilder open in the background.

I tried Save Page As... in Chrome, but it saves all the Javascript to a separate folder then the .htm, so the page loads all broken. I'm using Mac and Chrome or Android and Chrome. Thanks for the help! I hope this is the right forum.
Yes, there is an app, I believe. The other way is work offline and save your teams in google docs.

Why isn't the Usage-Based Tier Update thread being moderated? There is 10 pages of Firebot-quality "discussion" going on over there; lots of one-liners, memes and heavy insulting. It is really awful (albeit sometimes funny) to read and no real discussion is really possible. Other forums usually are very properly moderated with posts getting deleted, people getting infracted etc., so why not in this one?

Why is the pre-evolution of Raichu listed as PU on the Smogon Strategy Dex despite not being fully evolved and not getting nearly enough usage to make the 3.41% cutoff?
What's the difference between "latest activity" and "postings"?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Why is the pre-evolution of Raichu listed as PU on the Smogon Strategy Dex despite not being fully evolved and not getting nearly enough usage to make the 3.41% cutoff?
What's the difference between "latest activity" and "postings"?
Lol, I like how you tried to downplay the mascot of the entire franchise by referring to it as "Raichu's pre-evolution". Raichu appreciates it, but at the end of the day we're still talking about Pikachu.
Granted, Pikachu ain't no powerhouse and it's only "good" stat is Speed which base is 90 (everything else under 60). However, Gen VII did give it not one but two exclusive Z-Moves which is probably why it's even seeing some use if just out of curiosity sake. Normal Pikachu gets Catastropika which is 210 Power (315 after STAB) while Ash-Cap Pikachu gets 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt which may only be 195 Power but has a +2 chance to Critical Hit which, if it does crit, would be 438.75 Power (after STAB).
I guess there's also the Light Ball which doubles Pikachu Attack and Special Attack, which makes them go higher than Raichu's, but it's HP and defense stats are still low making it a really fragile glass canon. Though I guess this could let you play a mind game with the opponent, is your Pikachu packing an extra powerful Electric-type Z-Move or is it's offense stats doubled?
(Yes, I'm probably pulling at straws here, honestly Pikachu's place is in Little Cup, but there is some things about Pikachu which I can see would make some people want to try it out if just for the novelty of it).

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
(Yes, I'm probably pulling at straws here, honestly Pikachu's place is in Little Cup, but there is some things about Pikachu which I can see would make some people want to try it out if just for the novelty of it).
Pikachu can't be in Little Cup, since Pichu is the first stage in the evolution line.
Also, I doubt the Z-Crystal factor matters much, first of all, 10 million volt Thunderbolt can only be used by the Hardy natured Cap Pikachu. And there's also the fact that Light Ball + a regular Volt Tackle gives more power than Catastropika (granted, Catastropika doesn't do recoil, but that hardly matters).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)