Data Usage-Based Tier Update for April 2018 (May @ #97) (June @ #150)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
The problem with UU is that it has so much offense but not enough defense for balance teams to back it up. Therefore if you don't go on the hyper offensive, you need to have fairly decent unmon checks on balance or bulky offense or you resort to stall. That's exactly why UU is its cancerous self it is right now. Mega Aerodactyl, Specs Primarina, Breloom, Azumarill, Scizor, Serperior, Marowak-A, and Mega Bro just to name a few mons. These are just the mons that stand out as soon as I look at the tier list. Like this is just too much for a tier to handle at this point. With amoonguss gone, we just lost a core switchin to Choiced Primarina, Breloom, Serp, and Azumarill. Gliscor can't defend a whole team by itself.
amoonguss was never a primarina switch-in because of psychic, rest is accurate tho

amoonguss was never a primarina switch-in because of psychic, rest is accurate tho
Fair enough. I guess what I meant to say was that if you know what a Prim is locked in to you can bring in amoonguss but that isn't a switchin now is it xD. But yeah UU is broken now. Not even Stall can handle UUs offense and that is not ok. I shouldn't have to rely on unmons in order to make a battle last longer than 25 turns

I think UU will suffer hard from the loss of Amoonguss, one of the best mons to check Azumarill and various others like Scizor, Serp, Breloom and various other offensive threats being gone and no longer being able to Clear Smog Azu's Belly Drum will make the tier have many changes. A worse loss than the one with Mamoswine.
Also good riddance for the drop in Ambi to NU.
Usage squish.png

oh great megarupt in NU? that thing swept me in linked lol
Trick room seems actually viable in NU now

maybe aromatisse and uxie to set tr, then megarupt and vika to kill stuff with base 145 spa, then maybe add a physical attacker and something else

Reactions: dom

jcbc

lechonk is so cute
is a Pre-Contributor
Bruxxish needs to get the quick ban otherwise it's going to break the tier, there's literally nothing that switches into banded. Aqua, jet crunch, liquidation and psychic fangs and enjoy being a god prediciting the move or picking a sack.
Mienshao and Entei are going to be a headache in RU since they both got a lot of coverage moves that they like to have for dealing with the checks they can have on RU but they aren't quickban or suspect food. Since it will give some offensive threads that will make RU be runned as a way different way and it's going to be quite interesting and will change drasticly this tier, kinda like this 2 drops but will need to see if they are strong enough to need to go.
Appart for that i'm loving this tier changes needed af (camel, gigalith, Mabomasnow and comfey drops are going to make NU even better.
On another hand the real question is (when azu will be BL?! that mon got no switch in, and now that amoong is gone is even harder to check, also gliscor should be OU with all the usage it have and the power it gives to OU, since it's one of the more consistant defoggers rn on OU can sweep with sd facade eq set depending on the MU, give rocks and it's one of the biggest checks to tran rn).

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Can someone explain to me why kangaskhan is used? Stoutland is better thank Kang. Dont mention me.
Because Fake-Out + Sucker Punch is a pretty great way to blanket check offense. Stoutland is undoubtably better versus stall and balance, but Kang is much better when checking offensive threats.

Great, now we just need to rob gliscor from uu and ou's grand heist will be complete.
nah
for ou's heist to be complete we also have to convince people to use cb scizor and dragonium cm latias instead of their megas

also realized that mega camel tr in NU might not be that good bc bruxish can just aqua jet it

and is drought going to be banned from ru? don't see how solar power houndoom mega with ninetales sun support isn't broken
so u np as you force out bronzong or escav or something and ur opponent switches in a milotic and look how much fire blast does

+2 252 SpA Solar Power Houndoom-Mega Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Milotic in Sun: 351-414 (89 - 105%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
:blobthinking:

edit: unboosted solar beam also (usually) kills
252 SpA Solar Power Houndoom-Mega Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Milotic in Sun: 340-402 (86.2 - 102%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

edit2: guess u have to run gigalith to change the weather
gigalith + sand rush cb stoutland let's go!!!

Last edited:
Arcanine is still UU while Entei has dropped to RU, and Jolteon is still comfortably RU.

Other than that, the new NU and RU drops are looking pretty solid.

Wait... Entei dropped to RU, but Arcanine didn't? ...my faith in humanity is lost.
At least Forretress dropped...

RU also got rid of another of its D ranks, and dropped another Mega on top of that. Mega Audino may face some competition for Mega slot now but I'm expecting both to be suspected anyways (especially Camerupt, Abomasnow might stay it won't).

Ambi finally dropped again. No more meme monkeys in UU. Infernape ftw

Amoonguss in OU? Oh boy, sweeping with Serperior has become so much easier (insert evil emote) Speaking of which, Vileplume doesn't look all bad at first sight. While it loses Regenerator, Clear Smog and a bit of special bulk, it gets much more offensive presence (it also gets coverage like Moonblast to easily KO Hydreigon), speed ties with Azumarill, and gets the new interesting-looking Strength Sap. Time will tell whether people will start using it or whether they'll just ban Azu and Serp once again. I'll be using it for sure, just to see its potential.

Mega Houndoom is in RU, better ban Drought there as well (or ban Mega Doom there as well).

Meanwhile, NU dropped one of its biggest noobtraps in Typhlosion... while PU loses some of its best mons and gains a load of new ones. Talk about metagame shifts. Speaking of NU, that just got some other cool new mons like Diancie and Bruxish. Comfey sounds meh with Steelix being everywhere. They didnt get Jolteon, Dhelmise or Donphan.... What the hell.

Gliscor for OU when

Last edited:
I believe Mega Houndoom is already in BL3. Antar usually doesn't take account of ban list when listing drops (such as listing Mega Kangaskhan and Jirachi being dropped to DUU when they have already been banned from DOU).

WHY
CANT
GLISCOR
JUST
MOVE
UP
TO
OU
FOR
GOD'S
SAKE

Also, Jesus Chirst, NU got absolutely gang-raped. Absurd drops all over the place. Talk about a meta shake-up, eh? It also shows that the RU ladder is maybe finally starting to wake up.
It's not really waking up tbh, if anything it's still sleeping. Mega Camerupt and Comfey were the only bad mons that dropped but Diancie, Bruxish and Mega Abomasnow were all perfectly viable mons that just dropped out of RU. Meanwhile Jolteon and Donphan continue to get absurd amounts of usage.

Katy

Banned deucer.
nah
for ou's heist to be complete we also have to convince people to use cb scizor and dragonium cm latias instead of their megas

also realized that mega camel tr in NU might not be that good bc bruxish can just aqua jet it

and is drought going to be banned from ru? don't see how solar power houndoom mega with ninetales sun support isn't broken
so u np as you force out bronzong or escav or something and ur opponent switches in a milotic and look how much fire blast does

+2 252 SpA Solar Power Houndoom-Mega Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Milotic in Sun: 351-414 (89 - 105%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
:blobthinking:

edit: unboosted solar beam also (usually) kills
252 SpA Solar Power Houndoom-Mega Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Milotic in Sun: 340-402 (86.2 - 102%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

edit2: guess u have to run gigalith to change the weather
gigalith + sand rush cb stoutland let's go!!!
I guess Mega Houndoom in itself is already really or maybe too good for RU. I dont see it around there for a long time. Statwise it isnt bad also the crazy speed and 140 spatt is just too much and it hits with good coverage almost everything neutral and at +2 u have no switchin to 115 speed. Unless you run an absurd amount of scarfers, which are able to revenge kill it at some point. Also its defensive stats aint bad either 90/90 is almost Jirachi level. I rather would ban Mega Houndoom instead of drought tbh as Ninetales isnt too much for the tier.

This shift took a clean shit on UU. My nigga Azu, Loom, and (to a lesser extent) Serp might be going back into lockup after this one. They stole Amoongus, but still won't take away Gliscor smh.

At least Ambi isn't UU anymore.

| 51 | Arcanine | 3.980% |
| 53 | Darmanitan | 3.920% |
| 58 | Entei | 3.194% |

This is backwards, get your shit together UU
None are all that good tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)