Arpee's Art Thread

Arpee's art - finished no background (2).png

Hi There, my name's Arpee, and welcome to my thread! I recently applied to be an Approved Artist here and was accepted! So thought I'd set this up to keep track of all my work plus any other stuff I make.
I have a DeviantArt and Tumblr which I also upload my work to, I'd love if you'd check them out and maybe even give me a follow if you like what you see. I'm also very active on Twitter, so you can find me there if I'm non-responsive here. If you have a request Smogon related feel free to fire a message my way, I'll try and help any way I can. However, if you want a commission...then you're in luck! I also take those if my university work isn't too overwhelming at the time, any support is always welcome being a student sucks I'm forever broke.

-DeviantArt - Tumblr - Twitter - Commissions -

I've never made one of these before so I'll see how things pan out. If there's anything you'd like to see more of such as sketch dumps or steps on my drawing process please let me know. I mostly do illustrations but I am partial to making logos too!
Tips and comments are also always welcome, mean comments are not ^-^;

Thanks for taking the time to view my art, I hope you enjoy your visit!​

Last edited:
Thought I'd share some work in progress shots of my current procrastination from university work piece, since I know some people enjoy seeing those. I know I always like seeing the process my work goes through from sketch to final piece. Also, yes, I have a deep love for this landshark and I can't help but draw him more dinosaur-esque than normal. :mehowth:
WIP chomper.PNG
WIP chomper outline.PNG
WIP chomper base colours.PNG

Two updates in the space of a day? I've been a busy combee it seems! This is a present I made for a friend of mine in the Pokken Community (who also mains Garchomp) as it was his birthday yesterday. Only a quick wee doodle, was fun experimenting with some pastel palette's, will need to use them more often! I would have made something more substantial had I known it was his birthday why do people keep this stuff so secret?
rokso birthday.jpg

MamOwOswine

big oof
is a Top Artist Alumnus
AWWW YISS UR BACK
may I hngghhhh at the palette you used for Echo
HNGHHHHH and the LINES I CANT EVEN
such fluid lineart !!!

AWWW YISS UR BACK
may I hngghhhh at the palette you used for Echo
HNGHHHHH and the LINES I CANT EVEN
such fluid lineart !!!
Awwww thank you! ;-; I definitely had a lot of fun with the palette for sure!
Yeah, Uni work has been keeping me occupied as of late, thought I'd doodle something in the little spare time I had.

Finally finished all my university exams! Having a break before my final piece of coursework is due by jumping on the band-wagon and creating my "GymLeaderSona" that's been floating around twitter recently. Here's some WIP shots! First is the group picture, second is the profile page and third is the Gym badge! Decided I'd go a little unconventional and pick a gym theme that's mostly aesthetic, rather than elemental based ^_^
wip aero.PNG

Gymsona profile.png

Impact Badge.png

Finished all my university work! Just got to wait for results now and then that'll be me finished with my degree! Until then, thought I'd upload some of my older pieces that I haven't had the time to upload totally didn't forget about. While only the first one is Pokemon related, I thought I'd share the other piece since it's kinda related. The snowshoe hare is an animal I have always identified with for a number of reasons, so it's something that I try to integrate into my work if I want to represent myself in something (since I suck at drawing humans). The first piece was for when it was announced that Blastoise was going to be a playable character in Pokken Tournament, it just so happened to fit with the old story of "The Tortoise and the Hare". The second piece was personal, but inspired by this song from Wolf's Rain called 'Gravity'.

blastoise and hare - finished.jpg
snowshoe hare - alone.jpg

Gym Leader Arpee challenges you to a battle! Are you ready to take on these prehistoric titans in a cretaceous clash? If you defeat these dinosaurs you'll earn yourself the Impact badge and the TM Giga Impact, let's hope you don't get continental crushed!

(Had to lower the quality slightly as was too big to upload).

gymsona  finished.merged characters small.jpg
Gymsona profile - finished.white writing.png

Really like your shading style! It makes your art have a much bigger impact, especially the gymleadersona piece you did a while ago, which is definitely my favorite out of everything you've been posting here. Can't wait to see more!

Really like your shading style! It makes your art have a much bigger impact, especially the gymleadersona piece you did a while ago, which is definitely my favorite out of everything you've been posting here. Can't wait to see more!
Wow thank you so much! I adore my gymleadersona piece the most for sure, it was a lot of fun and I loved making it which I think shines through in the piece. I do have a passion for shading the most, it's something I have been trying to push as an important and key aspect to my work. I'm happy people can see that too and enjoy it. Again, I seriously appreciate your comment, it means a lot to me :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)