2018-19 NBA Thread

Free agency got cooking at midnight last night. Big moves include George resigning with the Thunder, Chris Paul staying in Houston, Durant staying in Golden State, and DeAndre Jordan joining the Mavs. ESPN tracker here.

I'm less annoyed that PG decided to stay with OKC than I am about HOW he went about the process. All his talk about wanting to go home to LA as well as that ridiculous mini-docuseries he made for ESPN. Westbrook must suck some mean dick to have convinced George to live in nowhere Oklahoma rather than the big city.
I never believed he was worth a max contract though and it bothered me that it was assumed the Lakers would pay him that much. He's not a superstar player, just a really good player. I'm ok with the Thunder being in cap hell with washed Melo lmao. Tax bill gonna be like 100 million plus next season.

Now hopefully our FO doesn't get antsy and trade the farm for Kahwi. He's actually a superstar player unlike George but the Spurs have the leverage for now. Let sit and sweat waiting for their godfather offer that will never appear. I like the Lakers young core a lot and believe they will take another leap this year regardless of whether Lebron joins 9r not

I fear for the Bulls roster and the brain-dead front office.. but let's see where it goes. 100% rebuild mode is going to be weird as fuck and i dont believe we have the guys to become All-Star studs or HoFs.. but what else can we do as fans.

Time to root for small victories and THE PROCESS.

Playoff watching/rooting wise.. I go where Lebron goes.

Okay, LeBron wearing purple and gold for the next four years. Of course I'm glad to have one of the best in History playing for the Lakers, but I can't hide some afraids that I have it all. Afraid that LeBron's demands can be too harmful for the Lakers' reconstruction, afraid that the environment won't be the best possible for the Lakers to achieve the victories and titles that we desire so much and for so long, afraid that after his departure The Lakers will be so broken and frail as we was at the end of Kobe's career (thanks to the imbecile Mitch Kupchak) and Cleveland after Bron's first trip there.

May God help us, Congratulations Magic and Let's Go Lakers.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lance signing with the Lakers after LeBron has to be one of the funniest things to happen in recent memory.

i say they double down and get Delonte West out of retirement

Lance signing with the Lakers after LeBron has to be one of the funniest things to happen in recent memory.

i say they double down and get Delonte West out of retirement
Bruh

As much as I hate seeing LeBron on the Lakers, I really want to see how this is gonna go.

lmaooo y'all thought four All Stars was bad?

But hey WE GOT RONDO after all those years of Pau-for-Rondo rumours.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Injury would've diminished his value, achilles on a guy that big. Not sure how well he'll fit, bound to increase our turnovers even more. But hey, we made Javale work so we'll see. (also rip Javale)

Woj said on ESPN that there were teams that didn't want him in the locker room, and Boogie said himself he never got an offer from the Pelicans.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I don't think literally bandwagoning the arguably greatest superteam ever seen in the NBA really counts as "[taking] a team all the way" tbh

Shameless self promotion, but I have a sports blog now, and we had a guest piece about what our writer aptly dubbed "The Warrior Problem".

It's made the top 7 on the r/nba front page with around 900 upvotes and climbing at present.

Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/8w5il8 .

Blog post: https://www.sidelinespice.com/single-post/2018/07/04/The-NBA-has-a-problem---and-its-all-our-fault
hell yea, that's you? saw it on the subreddit earlier, good shit.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
hell yea, that's you? saw it on the subreddit earlier, good shit.
I'm not u/tripledoubles, but I own the blog and he's one of our contributors who's I asked to promote the blog via reddit :). Pretty cool that it's probably organically reached a lot of you already without my self promotion. 4k+ upvotes and peaked at the third spot of the home page.

It's funny how people love to blame KD for jumping ship to the Warriors but they were only able to sign him because of the enormous cap spike that summer. That's a once in a lifetime/career chance that just so happened to coincide with the Dubs having max money after Steph took a discount on his deal due to injury concerns. Everything broke just right so GS could do what it did when it did it. I like how that blog post points out that boogie may not even return to form because it's TRUE. Wes Matthews, Mehmet Okur, Elton Brand, even my beloved Kobe were never the same after tearing their Achilles. Yeah it's a pain in the ass that GS could land Boogie so cheap but even if he gets back to form, they won't be able to retain him next summer. Not like everybody hadn't already written the Warriors in to win it all again before he joined up

Did the Lakers pull off another steal by taking Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk 47th overall? He's already better than Klay as a shooting guard and trails only Sasha Vujacic on the list of greatest shooters in NBA history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)