Male & Intersex Genital Mutilation (aka Circumcision)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Nothing like smogon making me think about dicks.

Ps: i am for circumcised dicks, but only because i have one myself. Yeay bias!

Yknow religion is huge deal to some people, right? Outright banning circumcision is not gonna be popular with a lot of people no matter how you look at it. That’s the most important thing, you can’t just outlaw something because a few dudes said it was bad on the internet.

Being circumcised is healthier than not being circumcised, it's also an integral part of many religions and traditions. You're approaching this from a very Ameri-centric or liberal-centric viewpoint, that is not the only valid viewpoint - nor the only viewpoint.

Individual autonomy is not the norm every-where in the world and tradition matters more in rural areas. I am circumcised and I will circumcise my children too, mainly because it forms part of our family's tradition and religion. It is also the norm where I am from. Exclusion from my community based on "individual preference" is not in my, nor my future child's best interest.

Hopefully this map helps put into perspective that circumcision is an act of batshit insanity that really only happens in Muslim, Jewish and American influenced cultures.

Lots look at every pro cut point 1 by 1

Hygiene: Just wash your cock lmao
Disease: Despite the amount of cutting that goes on in North Africa there is still quite a bit of AIDS there maybe you should just use a condom
Freedom: You aren't allowed to demand a tonsillectomy for your kid if they've got nothing wrong with them so why a circumcision?
Religion: Who's gonna see their cock anyway? I'm sure Allah or YHWH or whoever will forgive you in their regular baby penis inspections
Community: Maybe just me but a community demanding circumcision sounds like a weird rite of passage, you should probably get out of there
Aesthetics: Why the fuck do you care about what your baby's dick looks like, let them decide their own penile presentation

Reasons to not cut:

You can cut it later if you need to/want to

I think the rights of an individual come above religion but at the same time banning it might be a hassle so lets help fuel the health industry a bit and charge exorbitant amounts for circumcisions like in the several 1000s. People that do it as an on the whim decision for their kids will stop and the people which are crazy enough to be determined to mould their child's penis will at least by contributing to the greater good.

Honestly its mostly a non-issue but I want you poor disabled lads to know how good it feels to have a foreskin. :P

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor

Hopefully this map helps put into perspective that circumcision is an act of batshit insanity that really only happens in Muslim, Jewish and American influenced cultures.

Lots look at every pro cut point 1 by 1

Hygiene: Just wash your cock lmao
Disease: Despite the amount of cutting that goes on in North Africa there is still quite a bit of AIDS there maybe you should just use a condom
Freedom: You aren't allowed to demand a tonsillectomy for your kid if they've got nothing wrong with them so why a circumcision?
Religion: Who's gonna see their cock anyway? I'm sure Allah or YHWH or whoever will forgive you in their regular baby penis inspections
Community: Maybe just me but a community demanding circumcision sounds like a weird rite of passage, you should probably get out of there
Aesthetics: Why the fuck do you care about what your baby's dick looks like, let them decide their own penile presentation

Reasons to not cut:

You can cut it later if you need to/want to

I think the rights of an individual come above religion but at the same time banning it might be a hassle so lets help fuel the health industry a bit and charge exorbitant amounts for circumcisions like in the several 1000s. People that do it as an on the whim decision for their kids will stop and the people which are crazy enough to be determined to mould their child's penis will at least by contributing to the greater good.

Honestly its mostly a non-issue but I want you poor disabled lads to know how good it feels to have a foreskin. :P
TIL it's unknown if greenlanders circumcise their children. or at all. guess we don't want to poll the savages

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
This thread is full of dicks.

Nice way to waste my 1000th now that I'm thinking about it...

EDIT: Circumcision is a mark of jewish people, so the apostle Paul condemned it. Hence why we Christians don't do that unless for medical reasons.

Reactions: rau

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I think the most interesting thing about this thread isn’t the cicumcision BS but how it either intentionally or unintentionally piggy backs on a real issue of intersex genital mutilation in infants. The mutilation in those instances isn’t a circumcision but a full surgical removal of “extraneous” genitalia.

Yea, no I'm totally not for circumcision. At least on babies anyway. My policy towards other people has always been, "I don't care what you do so long as you don't hurt someone doing it." When it comes right down to it, you're chopping off part of your babies genitals because....... " your god told you, (Yay for your religion telling you what to do. We should all have slaves now. Where's my 11 year old wife? Wait you're telling me I get 72 virgin's in heaven if I just blow myself up? Sign me up.) it looks fashionable, (a subjective, stupid, and outright malicious reason to put a baby under a procedure that has a risk of getting botched and mangling the genitals so not only will it looks even worse, it'll wind up causing serious pain for the rest of that child life. All because you didn't like the natural look. Way to go jackoff) it's more sanitary, (literally could be solved by teaching the child to wash themselves properly) healthrisks, (Yay for taking the most extreme measures to solve problems that could just as easily be solved through knowledge, anti-biotics and decent parenting. Have I mentioned that I hate people?) Ect Ect Ect.......

It's 5am, I came to this forum on a whim, and simply decided to rant about it so I know my post is more aggressive than I'd like to be. My best friend is circumcised, I'm uncircumcised, and both of us are living normal lives just fine without thinking to much about our foreskin or lack thereof. This is more a case of forcing a baby to go through a procedure that does irreparable damage to a babies genitals, can cause lifelong pain, and can mutilate said genitals. There is no good reason to force a baby to go through this. If you're an adult and you want to go through said procedure yourself, go right ahead, All the risks I just stated are there but otherwise, I'm not really judging you. It's your body afterall. You do you. Just don't force a child to do it for no good reason.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Dont really understand why people get so emotional on this topic. I think many people now sort of understand there's not much reason to do it and there are some minor risks of health issues, and i expect to see the % of babies circumcised going down in the future. Calling circumcision "genital mutilation" is overly dramatic (though the term is more applicable when discussing intersex people).

I am circumcised, and i would probably prefer not to be if i was given the choice. Still, I think that at the end of the day it makes minimal difference unless there's a complication resulting from it like the ones that have previously been brought up in this thread

I really dont think circumcision is the unforgivable act of evil some of u make it out to be, though i agree there's not that much of a point to it.

Tory

Banned deucer.
I’ll concede that, but you probably shouldn’t be getting your information from a Facebook page that says, and I quote, “CIRCUMSICION DOESN’T CLEAN THE PENIS.. IT BRAINWASHES THE MIND”
Wow, I know what Facebook post you have referring to. The one that shows a baby boy nearly bleeding to death from the procedure, something you have no care and empathy for. Well, the good news is that genital multilation on infant boys in United States is decreasing, more people are waking up, and they are saving lifes. Talking to baby knife rape supporters is a waste of time. I just came to respond the important functions of the foreskin.

Anyone heard of this company called Foregen? It is a foreskin regeneration organization. They will recover vascularity, nerve endings, and functions that was lost. I am interested, I would love to be fully restored.

Wow, I know what Facebook post you have referring to. The one that shows a baby boy nearly bleeding to death from the procedure, something you have no care and empathy for. Well, the good news is that genital multilation on infant boys in United States is decreasing, they are saving lifes. Talking to baby knife rape supporters is a waste of time. I just came to respond the important functions of the foreskin.

Anyone heard of this company called Foregen? It is a foreskin regeneration organization. They will vascularity, nerve endings, and functions that was lost. I am interested, I would love to be fully restored.
But that’s exactly the point. Brainwashing the mind and circumcision accidents have literally no connection. It’s just incredibly hard to believe a source with this kind of tabloid-like title lol.
Also lol baby knife rape

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
Uhhhhhh excuse me are you suggesting that we dedicate any resources or attention or empathy at all towards regular males? Uh lmfao it's 2018 and you're on a site filled with upper middle class college kids, get that shit outta here

HailFall

"baby knife rape" wew lads. That's such an insanely melodramatic term for a minor procedure. You rlly need to calm the fuck down lmfao. As I've said before I don't support circumcision but u ppl are going way overboard with this. The downsides of circumcision are being overstated. It doesn't have realistic benefits, but it doesn't have significant downsides either. No productive discussion is going to happen if we're accusing each other of being baby knife rape supporters lol.
Uhhhhhh excuse me are you suggesting that we dedicate any resources or attention or empathy at all towards regular males? Uh lmfao it's 2018 and you're on a site filled with upper middle class college kids, get that shit outta here
Honestly? I think a large part of this is histrionics on the part of cishet men to be in the spotlight. It always seems to be this MRA crowd trying to draw the attention back to them instead of fighting for justice for genuinely oppressed groups. I just can't think of a different explaination. It's not like they're traumatized from it, since no one is going to remember something that happened when they were a newborn.

Last edited:

HailFall

cutting off a small amount of extraneous skin is not mutilation, lol. And since you apparently didnt read anything else i said: I DO NOT SUPPORT CIRCUMCISION. Is that clear enough for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)