NOC 2d3 Mafia - Game Over, Town Win! (and postgame is up)

idk how i feel about the overall tone and density of this post

occam's razor......

vote ifml

this is L-1

i wouldn't lynch apricity here
I was asked to explain how I felt about a post and I did, if that is being scummy than idk what I'm supposed to do. Like I don't understand how any of you play, like i was taught to play mafia as giving reads and trying to be as productive as possible. I dont feel town gets anything else done if were not constantly giving our reads or our thoughts with good reasoning. Idk maybe I play this differently. I dont see how doing anything else is being an effective town.

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
I was asked to explain how I felt about a post and I did, if that is being scummy than idk what I'm supposed to do. Like I don't understand how any of you play, like i was taught to play mafia as giving reads and trying to be as productive as possible. I dont feel town gets anything else done if were not constantly giving our reads or our thoughts with good reasoning. Idk maybe I play this differently. I dont see how doing anything else is being an effective town.
it's more that i feel like that ur entrance today and this post all seemed very... insincere? like if you scumread apricity or viper why not try to push a wagon on them or follow them up on stuff, see if people disagree. it just feels complacent compared to what should be actively scumhunting or prodding others with questions, not really a drop something then leave.

the fact that ur not inherently being defensive here kinda worries me tho but im interested in seeing where this L-1 is going since i feel like it doesn't push the objective of the game very well if we're not using our votes to get more info or create pressure

there's no guarantee you're getting lynched here either fwiw, nobody's stated intent, counterwagon can rise, etc

if anyone disagrees lemme know

i just feel very ew over this
I’m voting IFML because his ideas on the game are irreparably different from the range of ideas I would find acceptable for a town at this juncture, and because his tone seems insincere to me

On an aside. I love drawing town in mafia games because I can do exactly what feels natural and correct to me. I have nothing to hide because I am town-aligned. So if you feel ew about the vote after seeing IFMLs response then just unvote.

it's more that i feel like that ur entrance today and this post all seemed very... insincere? like if you scumread apricity or viper why not try to push a wagon on them or follow them up on stuff, see if people disagree. it just feels complacent compared to what should be actively scumhunting or prodding others with questions, not really a drop something then leave.

the fact that ur not inherently being defensive here kinda worries me tho but im interested in seeing where this L-1 is going since i feel like it doesn't push the objective of the game very well if we're not using our votes to get more info or create pressure

there's no guarantee you're getting lynched here either fwiw, nobody's stated intent, counterwagon can rise, etc
I just wanted to get my reads out, and then see everyone's thoughts on my reads and then start to lynch a player.

I wanted to give my reads and after seeing reactions to my reads, give a lynch.

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
first off i want to say i hate player meta i find it stupid, so all of my reads throughout the game are just gonna be from this

HeaLnDeaL - Slight town read: all of his posts have been very logical other than his lead post saying "Im vanilla" however I dont think that is a scum tell i just think he needed an simple first thing to say. I dont understand scum reads on him however maybe im missing something.

apricity - Slight Scum Read: has been all over the place and hyper-aggressive, this isnt always scummy as i know lots of people who play town very aggressively, however the "Dusk town viper scum" post gives me a very strong scum vibe.

Texas Cloverleaf - Neutral read: Seems very experienced, He really doesnt say much with his posts, however with what he has said most of the time, it doesnt need further explanation. Would love to see more detailed posts from him later, however could be not saying much as hes trying to not seem like a big threat as a power role, or that hes trying to seem helpful as town but not be too helpful as hes scum. Dont have a good read on him yet tho.

Nuxl - Town Read: also seems very experienced, hes very active and is seemingly being very helpful to town, gives logical (as in not wild takes/illogical takes) reads. Questions everything he doesnt fully get from a post which is nice.

smogon account - Neutral read: hasnt said much other than lynching me and calling out apricity as scum unless i missed a post, so i cant get a good read on him.

Duskfall98 - Neutral read: A lot of his posts are him deflecting attention off of hal's scum behavior due to player meta and past games, if hal is scum, dusk could be a partner however that doesnt really make him fully scummy, as it seems hes trying to avoid the player meta, would love to see who he has town reads/leans on if he has them

ItzViper482: Slight Scum Read: As explained in above post, hes seemingly very defensive for day 1. With only 2? lynches on him. He's also kinda targeting Hal a good amount but its going both ways with them. He comes off as paranoid, not sure if that fully equates to scum but as of now slight scum read.

CaffeineBoost: Neutral read: I find the "Nobody rn seems particularly scummy so I'll just put my vote on the player I disagree with most." this a very strange/bad reason to lynch someone, unless i dont understand the use of the word disagree in this context. I can really get a full read on him as he hasnt really said much, will give a better read as he says more.

All in all:
I have a strange feeling both hal and viper are scum and Nuxl is my biggest town read, however we are still in the early game so i dont have full reads on a lot of people.
Day 1 VT claim is a bad thing and I don't like it. Please claim something else. Preferably TFPTSLBOOIA.
I'd say that Hal is always mad but in the two games I've played with him he has been scum both times. I have seen him get mad in a game I hosted but it was more FFA. I think it's just his personality though.
Texas is the beacon of light and we should sheep him unless he turns out to be scum and writes a random living player's name in red. He has posted a decent amount which does tend to be town lean for him.
in if you need last slot. fair warning: first forum mafia game. will do my best to be active
Ayy lmao it's actually his first time.
Never played with Smogon Account. Inactivity like this is not particularly useful.
Dusk is fairly new iirc so his deflecting is actually a fairly plausible reason for him to be scum with Hal... idk though.
Viper is a hard one to pin for me as well. His reactions to posts make me think he's probably scum but it's hard to tell.
Caffeine is almost definitely scum because he has a very ugly nose.

Anywhom. Is there a vote count? I saw L-1 get mentioned at some point... wait I haven't read the entirety of the thread yet. BACK IN A MOMENT!

CaffeineBoost

it's a tonal thing. "everyone is null" followed by a number of actually fairly incisive observations is a post that comes uniquely from town caffeineboost

caff, nuxl, texas and dusk are all town this game. that's 5 town leaving 2 scum/2 town. if i'm right on these four town reads then the game is solved because you just lynch through the POE. of course it won't actually be this simple but i feel pretty confident about my standing in the game rn.
You have never seen scum CaffeineBoost ergo your point is hardly val- I mean... yeah! Town! Yeah, go villagers, woooo!

process of elimination. so when i talk about townbloc and poe here's what i mean. right now there are 9 players, 2 scum 7 town. so if 5 people are mod-confirmed town (which will not happen, but indulge me), then that means that there are 4 people left who could be scum. This would be the POE pool. Then, since 7/2 gives us 2 mislynches (5p lylo), then we can just lynch through the 4 people left and mathematically guarantee ourselves a victory purely from having 5 confirmed town.

CaffeineBoost

Hey Nuxl, you seem experienced for a first timer. This means one of several things.
  1. You have played live games hence the specific mention of forum games in your signup post.
  2. You have played forum games and are a compulsive liar
  3. You are actually in the Sicilian Mafia and have learnt the game through real life.
Pick. My read on you will depend greatly on the option you choose.

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
Hey Nuxl, you seem experienced for a first timer. This means one of several things.
  1. You have played live games hence the specific mention of forum games in your signup post.
  2. You have played forum games and are a compulsive liar
  3. You are actually in the Sicilian Mafia and have learnt the game through real life.
Pick. My read on you will depend greatly on the option you choose.
i read through the mafiascum wiki and read a shitton of past games on here and on mafiascum's newbie queue (don't have an account there tho)

if u count casual town of salem as anything comparable to this then i pick 1

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Texas Cloverleaf - Neutral read: Seems very experienced, He really doesnt say much with his posts, however with what he has said most of the time, it doesnt need further explanation. Would love to see more detailed posts from him later, however could be not saying much as hes trying to not seem like a big threat as a power role, or that hes trying to seem helpful as town but not be too helpful as hes scum. Dont have a good read on him yet tho.
Please explain everything that went through your mind while writing this. Leave nothing out.

i am home now, apologies

whats da player meta? knowing him in previous interactions or

what are your thoughts on the appearance of ifml today
ive known heal for like 1-2 years

at the time this post was made i didnt like him much, felt the read on me and hal scum team was strange which could be taken as towny paranoya but idk
i dislike the tone of his posts as well as a gut read
after this post he got a bit better tho

i liked this one tbh reads towny to me also somewhat sheep hals "god read" on him (what even is god read)
btw, yes i am sheeping reads on ifml a good bit but who cares i agree with them

excellent vote but also

this is a 9p game meaning we have two mislynches meaning we need a townbloc of 5 to win. caff, nuxl, texas, dusk, me.

Am I wrong in any of these
your way to quick to lock these in and its unsettling like im really feeling the scum team could be hal + one of these ppl cause his scum game involves making posts like this and shit
i agree on the nuxl townread a lot tho

also just wanna throw this in
caffeine makes amazing and funny posts but i dont think they are ai as he does that often

On an aside. I love drawing town in mafia games because I can do exactly what feels natural and correct to me. I have nothing to hide because I am town-aligned. So if you feel ew about the vote after seeing IFMLs response then just unvote.
ahh this bleads scum hal to me, he is the type of dude to post this shit to get town cred
ive never seen his town game to be fair but hooollly i dislike this post

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
i am home now, apologies

ive known heal for like 1-2 years

at the time this post was made i didnt like him much, felt the read on me and hal scum team was strange which could be taken as towny paranoya but idk
i dislike the tone of his posts as well as a gut read
after this post he got a bit better tho
I have said I suspected both of you, but only thought one of you are scum and I can't really tell which. And that's still my take. You're fighting too much for me to think you're both scum. This is also the first time you've said you've disliked my tone and in earlier posts you indicated that you thought it was normal so now I'm confused why you are flipping your stories.

your way to quick to lock these in and its unsettling like im really feeling the scum team could be hal + one of these ppl cause his scum game involves making posts like this and shit
it's unsettling because there are lots of people bleeding town this game, so you are watching the game get solved while sitting on the sidelines

I have said I suspected both of you, but only thought one of you are scum and I can't really tell which. And that's still my take. You're fighting too much for me to think you're both scum. This is also the first time you've said you've disliked my tone and in earlier posts you indicated that you thought it was normal so now I'm confused why you are flipping your stories.
this was directed at the second question nuxl asked me, not at you sorry for confusion

it's unsettling because there are lots of people bleeding town this game, so you are watching the game get solved while sitting on the sidelines
so lets see
caffeine is bleeding town because you say he is
texas is bleeding town because he was drunk?
dusk is bleeding town cause??? i honestly forgot this one
but nuxl is town yea

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)