Project Ubers Player Spotlight #15: Royal1604

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Nayrz
Changed 'Ubers Player of the Week' from Arii Stella

Ubers Player Spotlight - #15

Ubers Player Spotlight is the place where I interview notable and respected players from Ubers, the tier where the fiercest monsters combat and exert apocalyptic force. People I choose to interview are the elite players who excel at taming the strongest monsters and have been consistent throughout tournaments and is well respected by the community.

I am open to suggestions (DMDW#8155) about the players that can be interviewed, but please keep in mind that suggested players are subjects to review by me and Ubers moderation team. With that out of the way...

Spotlight #15:

Most Known For:

Won Ubers Summer Seasonal III

Favorite Pokémon:

I'm definitely a big fan of Ultra Necrozma, cause this mon is just soooo powerfull

Overview:

I'm a 19 years old french boy, studiying medicine and playing chess a lot

What is your name's origin?

Well my name's story is pretty uninteresting, "Royal" was my first Internet surname on League of Legends, and i just added my birthday to it

We'd love to hear some background information about your interest into Pokemon.

I play pokemon since I'm about 6-7 years old, tryharding all the games especially Silver/Gold versions, then i stopped it after BW cause I thought I was too old, but a friend told me about Showdown in July 2017 and I instantly loved it

What have attracted you into Ubers?

I started Showdown playing random battle, then I watched a lot of replays from top players and when I saw Ubers matches i realized this was the tier I liked the most, so I started talking with French Ubers players who helped me a lot understanding this tier.

What is your favorite playstyle? What generation do you like the most?

I would say my favorite playstyle is Hyper Offense, especially webs teams, but it's really too match up reliant to play it every time.

How do you feel about the Gothitelle & Gothorita suspect?

I don't have a "frozen view" about this mons, I voted no ban for the suspect cause Gothi usage is really low and i don't find it "unhealthy" even if sometimes it's really annoying, i think every team should be prepared to face Gothitelle.

Are there any elements of the metagame that you deem unhealthy?
I think the metagame is pretty healthy atm, of course Pdon, Necro-DM and some others pokemons are everywhere but they're not broken enough to be considered as unhealthy for the tier

What is your the most memorable game of Ubers?

1538418434080.png
Hunterstorm's team: Arceus-Ground / Groudon / Lunala / Rayquaza / Necrozma-Dusk-Mane / Cloyster
The Trap God's team: Groudon / Toxapex / Blaziken / Zygarde / Arceus-Dark / Necrozma-Dusk-Mane

Hunterstorm vs The Trap God for Snake, I was really impressed by TTG prep, during the match I really thought he'll loose this one.

1538418662678.png

Royal1604's team: Yveltal / Necrozma-Dusk-Mane / Kyogre / Arceus-Fairy / Marshadow / Salamence
squinn's team: Groudon / Yveltal / Necrozma-Dusk-Mane / Arceus-Ground / Ferrothorn / Salamence

And I'll post this one, my last game of the Summer seasonal, because I can't describe my feelings after this game.

What do you value the most from Ubers Seasonal run?

The Ubers Summer Seasonal was my best Showdown experience, I met so many nice people and played so many incredible games against incredible players. The win is quite anecdotic, of course I'm really happy to have won it, but more than the win it gave me a solid tour experience and an other vision of the tier.

Do you plan on signing up for bigger tournaments like UPL in the future?

I didn't get pick in the last UPL, i was clearly too new and inexperienced in the tier. I think i will sign up for the next one, we'll see what will happen. My biggest objective in pokemon is to be drafted for example in SSD in the next years, when i see all the god players playing it I hope i'll be able to get their level in the next years.

What new or existing users or players in Ubers do you look up to?

What new or existing users or players in Ubers do you look up to? As a surprise i'll quote here all French Ubers Players helping me a lot in building and testing my teams, KyogreF4N Alkione Eramoth cielbakasan l'habitat and of course Master Webs Sharow-san. I'm a big fan of Garay oak cause I find he makes insane in-game plays. Finally, I find Zesty43 and The Trap God so fire atm, they both have incredible builds and play so well

What are your advice for new players getting into Ubers?

If you want to get into the tier, begin with smogon teams and smogon builds to learn the tier, then start building your teams. You will progress a lot playing your own teams, but you need to begin with solid teams buildt by solid players to understand and learn the tier.

Please share a set that you think is the most underrated and a set that is the most overrated in Ubers.

Underrated:

1538419863132.png

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Refresh
- Defog
- Body Slam
- Roost

I love this set, you can para mons on switch, free switch-in on status and win vs HO

Overrated:

1538419323663.png

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

I think this set is not optimal atm, I prefer Bulky Necro, you can set up SR pretty free many times and toxic some mons on switches

Would you provide us with a team and add a brief description?

unec.gif

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Toxic

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Recover
- Magic Coat
- Defog

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Ice Beam

This team is based on 2 wincond with Unecro and GeoXern, Scarf Yveltal is here to RK/take some momentum, we have a classic sdef Pdon to set up SR and toxic some mons, a defensive Kyogre with Rest Talk to switch in on status, and a magic coat ceus to win vs HO and surprise Def Yveltal with toxic which is pretty frequent at the moment.

To finish this interview I just would like to say fuck Carmin06.

=
=
=

Thank you Royal1604 for spending the time to answer the questions! Feel free to ask other questions in this thread!

Last edited:

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Who do u fuckin hate in smogon
Whos the shittiest player uve played

Non-memes:
Who do you think deserved to be drafted in Snake draft and who should be in potentially SPL? Likewise with UPL - who do you see getting drafted this year that wasn't drafted?
What other metas are you interested in outside of Ubers?
What's your thought process with building?

think we both started to play around the same time so ill ask you some of the stuff I find to be difficult.

Do you think its hard to pickup and play old gens?

what old gen is most challenging for you, and whats your fav old gen to play?

fav tier other than ubers?

Look forward to seeing you in Upl :]

Who is ur favorite player ? and why it is me ?
As i said i'm really a fan of TTG and Zetsy, but you are my dirty little bi*** so can't be anyone else than you

Who do u fuckin hate in smogon
Whos the shittiest player uve played

Non-memes:
Who do you think deserved to be drafted in Snake draft and who should be in potentially SPL? Likewise with UPL - who do you see getting drafted this year that wasn't drafted?
What other metas are you interested in outside of Ubers?
What's your thought process with building?
I don't hate anybody on smogon, even if some people are quite toxic i don't give a fuck, pokemon is just a game and if some people don't like me well just deal with it, i don't want to spend time with drama or stuff like that.
Shittiest player i've played is clearly Eramoth , dumb af, playing without brain just clicking like a monkey x)

All the current Snake's players deserved to be drafted, they all are solid players with a solid comprehension of the game. I think they also deserve to be in SPL. I would like to see players like Terracota/Dominatio/Darrell in future Snake/SPL. For UPL i hope players like Hydrra/Goat Heart/Zenithial will be drafted cause i think they have lot of things to show in teamtours.

Outside of Ubers i play UU a lot, i have a lot of fun playing this tier, i find it pretty balanced even if we had this strange period with many shifts/bans, i think now the tier is pretty ok

About building i always choose 1 or 2 winconds and I build my team around that but actually it depends a lot of the playstyle i want to build: i find HO is pretty "simple" to build but Fat/Balanced is really hard sometimes when you want to play a specific pokemon you need to think about all the threats of the tier and try to check them all, sometimes it's really really hard, that's why i don't consider myself as a solid builder in the tier.

think we both started to play around the same time so ill ask you some of the stuff I find to be difficult.

Do you think its hard to pickup and play old gens?

what old gen is most challenging for you, and whats your fav old gen to play?

fav tier other than ubers?

Look forward to seeing you in Upl :]
Old gen are really difficult to learn and play, especially BW and ORAS Ubers cause i stopped playing pokemon around this time so when i started to try to learn this gen, i was really lost, so if i had to choose 1 i would say BW is the most challenging. Fav old gen is clearly ADV, can't say why exactly but i tried them all and ADV was clearly the one i liked the most
I would say UU for fav other tier, really funny to play it

Ty bro, wish u best of luck for tours
What do you think about the french meme called "Fuck Royal" ?

When will you beat eramoth in a random french tour ?

I wish u the best In game and In real life my man :swole:
I hope "Fuck Royal" will become the most known french meme, maybe one day "Fuck Royal">"Qui UTA" xD
"When will you beat Eramoth in a random french tour" i would answer "Fuck Royal"
Ty bro, wish u the best too

Heyyy, my dear old friend ! Gz for your interview, now these are my questions :
Why are you so bad that you can't defeat the "shittiest player" ? :^)
How does it feel to know that you're less strong than the weaker sex ? To always have a negative ratio in french teamtour ?
How does it feel to be the 2nd best fr choker (remember you can't beat him in any category)
Do you plan to learn UTA in order to have a chance to be drafted in STT2 ?
And finally, what's your best experience in the game ? (Overall) (because i'm kind) (Fuck Royal)
Cya in the next ssnl if i'm no too lazy, and gl in your next tour bro ;)

Last edited:
Why are u choking so often in your matches ?
Why are u unable to beat Eramoth in a tournament ?
What is your favorite anime ?
Thoughts about Safeguard Deoxys-S ?
Everytime I choke is cause i'm thinking about my nights with ur mom
I played her only twice, not enough to say i'm not able to beat her !
I don't watch many anime but i would say DBZ is my favorite
Safeguard Deo-S makes me sick

Why do you not play skarmory?
Did you ever thought about playing skarmory, or building a team around skarmory?
Since you play League of Legends, what do you think about my profile picture?

Heyyy, my dear old friend ! Gz for your interview, now these are my questions :
Why are you so bad that you can't defeat the "shittiest player" ? :^)
How does it feel to know that you're less strong than the weaker sex ? To always have a negative ratio in french teamtour ?
How does it feel to be the 2nd best fr choker (remember you can't beat him in any category)
Do you plan to learn UTA in order to have a chance to be drafted in STT2 ?
And finally, what's your best experience in the game ? (Overall) (because i'm kind) (Fuck Royal)
Cya in the next ssnl if i'm no too lazy, and gl in your next tour bro ;)
I think sometimes it's harder to play against players making random plays and just clicking on a random move like you than playing against confirmed players. That's why you think i can't beat you.
Well i don't think there is a "weaker sex" so that's not an argument, and "always a negative ratio" is quite rude and wrong.
I'm not really proud to be considered as the 2nd, i did everything to be 1st so...
No, UTA is a too smart tier for me, i let it to my bro Squash17 ^_^
Best part of pokemon is I met a lot of nice people, that's why I really enjoy this game.
Thx for your questions, please try to not loose on AW next time

Thank you again to Royal1604 for participating in the interview.

I'm afraid to announce that this will the last series of the Ubers Player Spotlight. I could frankly do better job with selecting players, but I wanted interviewees to be a combination of existing users, people who aren't necessarily engaging in the most important tournaments, and new users that deserve more attention. I am happy that I was able to / permitted to learn more about fifteen users that I have interviewed for the last few months, and I hope they enjoy the rest of their time in the community. This doesn't mean I am overlooking players I failed to interview, however; I hope those who wished / deserve to be part of this project will get some sort of recognition in the future, as this project ran through its course.

Whether this project is deemed successful or not, I hope this is the starting point of promoting the subforum's general activity. Thank you all for visiting the project each time and giving me lots of feedbacks through PM, and thank you everyone who spent their time and participated in my interview. At the same time, I'd like to apologize to people who I tried to get involved in this project but didn't get to have a spotlight of their own... the project can't go on forever.

Nayrz now if you will lock this... (and any other previous interview threads that you haven't touched yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)