SPOILERS! Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee Datamine Info

I'd agree that was the case (in fact so much so that Chansey and Snorlax usage tanked really early in the test server some people have been playing on lol), but with Eevee basically having a 24 PP Healing Bell that can't be blocked by Taunt, I could see things getting stallier. Note though, as soon as Eevee goes down, then teams become extremely vulnerable to status or getting thier Rest turns set up on (yes there are actual sweepers in this format, like Dodrio, Venomoth, Mega Alakazam, etc).

Eevee itself also relies on a Leech Seed attack thing (Sappy Seed) to restore its health. Eevee is still a pain in the ass to KO because of it, but I imagine the metagame will adapt to it. It's still gonna be extremely good though, and basically the closest you can get to true stall in this format imo.
Can we have a moment of silence for Pikachu not even managing to be good in a game designed for him to be good? :(
(btw doesn't Eevee also have the water attack that has a 50% drain attached to it?)

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can we have a moment of silence for Pikachu not even managing to be good in a game designed for him to be good? :(
(btw doesn't Eevee also have the water attack that has a 50% drain attached to it?)
Yeah but Eevee's Special Attack stat honestly blows, it'd only be good for nailing Rhydon (a Pokemon that already is 3HKOed by Sappy Seed and can't 2HKO Eevee back lol)

As for Pikachu, man I wish there was a way to legally get Partner Pikachu in Let's Go Eevee now. I think if it didn't involve scraficing your ability to use Eevee, Partner Pikachu would have a niche as a Calm Minder that doesn't get nuked by Alolan Muk (and to a lesser extent, Alolan Raticate. lol Im serious it exists). But losing out on partner Eevee just seems to be way too great of a cost imo

Now, I have heard that Calm Mind Pikachu is a fairly good cleaner in a format that bans candy boosts though, so it may have potential in that area at least! I haven't played such a format yet, anyone else care to chime in? Only thing I know is that with no candy boosts, +1 Partner Pikachu does OHKO Rhydon with Splishy Splash, which is pretty big!

Now, I have heard that Calm Mind Pikachu is a fairly good cleaner in a format that bans candy boosts though, so it may have potential in that area at least! I haven't played such a format yet, anyone else care to chime in? Only thing I know is that with no candy boosts, +1 Partner Pikachu does OHKO Rhydon with Splishy Splash, which is pretty big!
A format that bans candy boosts would actually be what I'd define "interesting" compared to the stallfest that the "normal" setup is.

That actually makes me curious of how actually hard/time consuming said candies are to obtain in-game... All we really know is from the 2 hour hand-on gameplay on candies and they didn't really grasp much of it due to it only including the first 3 routes.

The amount of grind necessary for candies would definitely impact the challenge level of postgame

First we have to know in detail how much candies affect the Stats, if it ends up adding +200 to every stat, a meta where we can only put that 200 extra points in 1 Stat is definitely possible. It reminds me of certain fan-metas. Again, raw speculation so I'll just sit waiting for news.

Wait... we all talked about how the meta is endless, but... isn't the battle timer on PvP there (at least in the actual game)? Or am I missing something here?

... actually, that probably won't do much as iirc, in past formats, they would declare whoever has most surviving Pokemon wins (and probably those with most total percentage of HP if that ties). That'd centralise things to either defensive time out or OHKOing if possible, wouldn't it?

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wait... we all talked about how the meta is endless, but... isn't the battle timer on PvP there (at least in the actual game)? Or am I missing something here?

... actually, that probably won't do much as iirc, in past formats, they would declare whoever has most surviving Pokemon wins (and probably those with most total percentage of HP if that ties). That'd centralise things to either defensive time out or OHKOing if possible, wouldn't it?
Since gen 7, each player has its own timer (7 minutes in vgc 2019, it was 5 in 2018). The first who runs out of time loses.

Since gen 7, each player has its own timer (7 minutes in vgc 2019, it was 5 in 2018). The first who runs out of time loses.
I... really wonder now, what would happen if they put that on this game. Or is VGC different from BSpot? I imagine simpler BS format would be used as they have stated that they are not going to run VGC there.
Eevee/Pikachu Move Descriptions: https://pastebin.com/GyD93ued
Eevee gets some absurd stuff
Haze, Heal Bell, Reflect/Light Screen while attacking in the same time as well as leech seed and all the other stuff we knew before
Arceus over Distortion World, I fear even simply having individual Vees having their respective type's attack in the future (which is not unlikely seeing how Vees are so easily fav everywhere). Nevermind that they are unbouncable. I'll pray they are not going to go that way....

I... really wonder now, what would happen if they put that on this game. Or is VGC different from BSpot? I imagine simpler BS format would be used as they have stated that they are not going to run VGC there.
VGC and Bspot have same rulesets aside from being 4v4 doubles vs 3v3 singles.
I would assume that the friendly PvP matches do have a timer though.
Arceus over Distortion World, I fear even simply having individual Vees having their respective type's attack in the future (which is not unlikely seeing how Vees are so easily fav everywhere). Nevermind that they are unbouncable. I'll pray they are not going to go that way....
Unlikely to ever happen. Those moves are atrociously broken on actual Evolved pokemon. Vaporeon would turn into a monster for example.

Hmmm... not sure whether to ask here, but how long is the game like? How many things are there to do, compared with the likes of Yellow?

Hmmm... not sure whether to ask here, but how long is the game like? How many things are there to do, compared with the likes of Yellow?
I find it difficult to "datamine" that, would need someone who bothered to play and finish the leaked version.

That said... There's one mechanic I am actually wondering about: SAFARI ZONE.

The Safari zone was basically already working very similarly to Go catching mechanic in original gen 1: you go in, no actual battles, you can only throw food rocks and balls at Pokemon.

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Hey! Do we have more info on candy boosts? How do a maxed Pokémon's stats look like at level 100? Kaphotics didn't dig this further...
we're still waiting on that unfortunately, apparently it wasn't easy to tell from the code

And do the 10% friendship boost to all stats show physically or it's implied like badge boost in RBY?

Imo the most probable will be like in RBY, +63 in each stat (69 and 56 for natured stats) and friendship boost is only ingame and not online.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A Charizard was shown with +195 HP.

Also gift Charmander has 25 IVs in HP, which magically makes said Charizard at +200.

There could be some differences depending on the stat or the specie (really unlikely, wishing is foolish at this point)

There could be some total candies limit (unlikely but I guess the less unlikely of all possibilities)

But +200 is confirmed possible, and I wouldn't count on anything else than flat +200 everywhere at this point.

I find it difficult to "datamine" that, would need someone who bothered to play and finish the leaked version.

That said... There's one mechanic I am actually wondering about: SAFARI ZONE.

The Safari zone was basically already working very similarly to Go catching mechanic in original gen 1: you go in, no actual battles, you can only throw food rocks and balls at Pokemon.
It's replaced with GO Park, where all your mons from Pokemon GO are sent. You have to re-catch them in let's go and you can play at least one mini-game if you transfer 25 or more of the same species.

It's replaced with GO Park, where all your mons from Pokemon GO are sent. You have to re-catch them in let's go and you can play at least one mini-game if you transfer 25 or more of the same species.
That I know, but in the trailers there's other functions than the Go park at Safari, which is why I was curious of what else there's there...

Unless that's actually the minigames.

Eh I never liked Safari zone I guess, and Chansey in Mt Moon looks pink.

Man, if that Eevee is ever transferrable to the main series and evolvable, the coverage and effects provided is going to be insane for its evolutions.

The thing I'm waiting on the most is the rare encounters table. Those seem to be a major differentiating element compared to the previous Kanto incarnations. Bulbasaur in Veridian, Charmander in Rock Tunnel, etc. I wonder what other rare Pokemon might be hiding around?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Is there a list of all the mega Pokémon in the game? I hope Pidgeot, Beedrill and Slowbro are in the game
All of the megas of the first 151 Pokemon are in the game (both megas in the case of Charizard and Mewtwo). There are no new megas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)