SM OU ♤ Absolute Desolation ♤ (1860 Peak)

Proof of Peak:
20190108_085453.jpg

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846021179

Too rusty for top 10 :[

20190109_141959.jpg

I also went 30-0 on an Alt. Mfw I do worse with stall.

♤ The Team ♤

Hey everyone SK Ares here with a RMT after many years (Old Account Got banned :[), hope you enjoy team and have fun. After Zygarde had gotten banned from the OU tier I decided that I wanted to build a team around 2 of my favourite pokemon which appreciates a zygardeless meta. This team did fairly well and I don't build teams often so I decided to share.

61fbc573b32890760dde8fc7cccf8eade0adc7c6_hq.jpg

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Hoopa-U was the pokemon I wanted to build around, it's by far one of the best wall breakers, stab choice band hyper space fury easily picks off most mons outside of bulky fairies and fighting types, zen headbutt is to catch bulky fighting types that hyperspace cant deal with, gunk shot to break through fairy types in the tier, and drain punch is hoopas way of provinding hoopa a bit of longevity and allowing it to hit opposing dark types and steel types.

2e121a2f00a9ff78e62be6cd92feff69.jpg

Blacephalon @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 232 HP / 4 Def / 20 SpA / 252 Spe Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Blacephalon is Hoopa's partner in crime and the second pokemon I wanted to build arround. Hoopa is great with Blacephalon, Early to mid game hoopa devastating attacks helps Blace by putting them in range of his attacks, I chose this set in particular because after 1 calm mind and a speed boost very few mons can revenge kill it and it's late game sweeping potential really shines now that zygarde is no longer a check.

36fafe0b4da1cb49611fb171e6015248.jpg

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon

AV Magearna is Hoopa's best partner and an amazing pivot; magearna checks fairy types such as tapu lele and diancie that out speed hoopa and hurt it with a super effective moon blast. It also serves as an Ash Greninja check which beats blacephalon. Slow volt switch allows hoopa to come in without taking damage from opposing pokemon and put dents into everything. Icebean is a great coverage move to hit incoming lando ts and garchomps which hoopa and blace appreciate being removed from the game. Fluer Cannon and Flash cannon are Mags stab and 56 speed evs is to outspeed common Mawiles and skarmory's.

featuredpokemon_tornadustherian.png

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane / Air Slash
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Defog

The team was very ground weak and required a defogger so I added Tornadus T. Torn serves as an additional pivot for the team and creates a volt turn core with Magearna, rocky helmet is the item of choice as it helps wear down physical attackers chipping away at them for the Blace sweep. Hurricane is its stab although I prefer and had more success with air slash, in the long run hitting moves and getting the damage you need with air slash is crucial in some situations but it's up to you. And knock off is to knock of items especially chansey's eviolite.

Garchomp.full.2141648.jpg

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 18 SpD / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail / Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Garchomp felt like a good fit to the team, it provides the team with a rocker and with dragon tail or roar it can phase out set up sweepers like mega gyarados which can be an issue for the team. Its evs are meant for it to be able to take 2 leaf blades from kartana and kill it with fire blast, 40 speed so it out speeds adamant mega hera, and standard defensive zapdos. Rocky helmet and Rough skin is to further assist Blacephalon chipping away at physical attackers for him.

8656eaa2664679cab8a2af3b187b85ff.jpg

Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 98 SpA / 160 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot

The final pokemon of this team is Protien Greninja. Scarf Gren serves as the teams glue, and revenge killer. Its runs enough speed to outspeed every scarfer besides other Greninja's and Koko. 252 into attack so the easily spamable u-turn hits hard, rock slide is to deal with huge threats like volcarona, zard x & y. Ice beam is for ground types with enough evs to guarantee 2hko incoming tapu kokos.

Threat List

- Zard X

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

- Zard Y, Ttar and Drill

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 170 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower / Earthquake
- Pursuit

Excadrill @ Steelium Z / Rockium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

Replays:

- Peak
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846021179

- Stall 1
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-845958405

- Stall 2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-845570631

- Bulky Offence 1
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846019875

- Bulky Offence 2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846018449

- Trick Room
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846015660

- Rain
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846014679

- Sticky Webs
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846003541

For additional replays search SK Careless Whisper or Absolute Desolation on Showdown all games are saved.

Thank you for reading my RMT hope you enjoy, constructive criticism is very much appreciated.

Team Poke Paste:

https://pokepast.es/b9a688609564ac03

Credit to Google for the images.

Attachments

Last edited:
1547070880343.jpeg1547070915684.jpeg

Tsareena (F)
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 22 Def / 21 SpD / 97 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Power Whip
- Play Rough
- High Jump Kick

Ability: Drought
EVs: 81 HP / 252 Atk / 22 Def / 24 SpD / 129 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch
- Acrobatics
- Dragon Claw

1: *I suggest Tsareena with powered up Acrobatics to serve a a grass-sweeper with a powerful flying sweeping move. This Acro set makes it act similar to a sub/acrobatics Gliscor from early BW OU on PO. Power Whip makes it similar to a physical Whimsicott sweeper of early BW OU as well. And High Jump Kick, makes it similar to physical set up hjk Lucario. This set with it's respective EV spread makes it a decent defensive defensive waller but more of an adamant sweeper that hits hard to plow through the meta with versatility!

2: **I suggest physical Zard-Y with SD to form a fire-flying physical sweeping core of two physical sweeping mons that make up a fire-flying, and grass core to both hit hard with acrobatics. Char-Y with a versatile SD set hits hard with fire-punch and acrobatics and dragon claw, as well as fooling people with an SpA set. Tsareena runs powered up acrobatics as a bluff set. And acts as an early BW OU Physical Lucario with HJK.
***These two mons form an excellent type-and-offense core that hits hard with Tsareena-bluffing and Zard-Y SD set up! This core is excellent for high-ladder playing, so you should enjoy it and find it useful!

Good team. I really like it. Awesome rank as well. For a versatile high-ladder offensive hard-hitter you could run physical Zard-Y with Tsareena powered-up acrobatics paired next to it as a core. Tsareena could be used over your Greninja, and physical Zard-Y, with a hard-hitting set could be used over Blacephalon!
(Btw, we should battle sometime!) You're pretty good on the ladder! :D
~Alex Amaterasu (Deschutes)

Last edited:
View attachment 154905View attachment 154907

Tsareena (F)
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Power Whip
- Play Rough
- High Jump Kick

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch
- Acrobatics
- Dragon Claw

1: *I suggest Tsareena with powered up Acrobatics to serve a a grass-sweeper with a powerful flying sweeping move. This Acro set makes it act similar to a sub/acrobatics Gliscor from early BW OU on PO. Power Whip makes it similar to a physical Whimsicott sweeper of early BW OU as well. And High Jump Kick, makes it similar to physical set up hjk Lucario. This set with it's respective EV spread makes it a decent defensive defensive waller but more of an adamant sweeper that hits hard to plow through the meta with versatility!

2: **I suggest physical Zard-Y with SD to form a fire-flying physical sweeping core of two physical sweeping mons that make up a fire-flying, and grass core to both hit hard with acrobatics. Char-Y with a versatile SD set hits hard with fire-punch and acrobatics and dragon claw, as well as fooling people with an SpA set. Tsareena runs powered up acrobatics as a bluff set. And acts as an early BW OU Physical Lucario with HJK.
***These two mons form an excellent type-and-offense core that hits hard with Tsareena-bluffing and Zard-Y SD set up! This core is excellent for high-ladder playing, so you should enjoy it and find it useful!

Good team. I really like it. Awesome rank as well. For a versatile high-ladder offensive hard-hitter you could run physical Zard-Y with Tsareena powered-up acrobatics paired next to it as a core. Tsareena could be used over your Greninja, and physical Zard-Y, with a hard-hitting set could be used over Blacephalon!
Physical Zard Y is not a set. Zard X hits harder with Physical Fire moves, Physical Dragon moves, AND physical flying moves. Yeah, there's no reason to use Physical Zard Y over X on any team, especially since the typing is worse.

Physical Zard Y is not a set. Zard X hits harder with Physical Fire moves, Physical Dragon moves, AND physical flying moves. Yeah, there's no reason to use Physical Zard Y over X on any team, especially since the typing is worse.
Um, it is a set. And very versatile and useful. A lot of high-level players like it. Check out this replay. I was insired to make a very powerful team I just made with the Tsareena and Zard-Y SD core just after I posted my rate. Check out this replay! It's one of me using this team with physical Zard-Y.

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7ou-846694601

And to leave more of another rate, so this isn't marked as spam.....

1547074614680.jpeg
...you could also try Choice Specs Regular Tornadus with Hurricane and HP ice....HP ice to hit Lando-T hard since no other player suspects HP ice choice specs Tornadus these days. It ohko's lead Landorus-T, and Tornadus serves as a great Choice Specs sweeper, which this team lacks! So, this is a good suggestion! :D :)

Tornadus (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 48 HP / 7 Def / 252 SpA / 22 SpD / 179 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory

This is an anciently classic good set, so it works great! For hitting Lando-T, as well as bluff-sweeping, since people don't often run specs!

-Alex Amaterasu (Deschutes)

Last edited:
Um, it is a set. And very versatile and useful. A lot of high-level players like it. Check out this replay. I was insired to make a very powerful team I just made with the Tsareena and Zard-Y SD core just after I posted my rate. Check out this replay! It's one of me using this team with physical Zard-Y.

View attachment 154923
...you could also try Choice Specs Regular Tornadus with Hurricane and HP ice....HP ice to hit Lando-T hard since no other player suspects HP ice choice specs Tornadus these days. It ohko's lead Landorus-T, and Tornadus serves as a great Choice Specs sweeper, which this team lacks! So, this is a good suggestion! :D :)

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory

This is an anciently classic good set, so it works great! For hitting Lando-T, as well as bluff-sweeping, since people don't often run specs!

252+ Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 177-208 (51.9 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew in Sun: 172-204 (50.4 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Zard X hits harder here

252+ Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 186-220 (54.5 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Charizard-Mega-Y Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 82-97 (24 - 28.4%) -- 97.2% chance to 4HKO
Again, Zard X is better

252+ Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Wing Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 94-111 (27.5 - 32.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO (Since Acrobatics is worse than Wing Attack if you have an item)
252+ Atk Charizard-Mega-Y Wing Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 93-109 (27.2 - 31.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Zard Y is still worse even with STAB lol

You've already told me that Serebii, Bulbapedia, and Pokemon Database are wrong. You ready to add Smogon to that list?

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
View attachment 154905View attachment 154907

Tsareena (F)
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Power Whip
- Play Rough
- High Jump Kick

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch
- Acrobatics
- Dragon Claw

View attachment 154923

Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory

Im sorry to clutter this thread with this but this is pathetic. I'm getting quite annoyed with your condescending comments on people who are just trying to help and your "I'm above everybody" attitude. You are not a high level player. You are quite the opposite. You did nothing but absolutely butcher this team. To start these EV spreads are atrocious, it seems like you just threw shit into pokemon showdown and said "this looks cool". Tsareena is a very poor form of hazard removal and is outclassed by literally all of the other defensive grasses in the tier. Being susceptible to every form of hazards with no form of even preventing hazards to get on the field makes a horrible hazard remover. I shouldn't even have to comment on why physical Zard Y is bad, its outclassed by the other zard and pales in comparison as a wallbreaker to its special set. Acrobatics, on a mega, really? Specs Regular Tornadus is bad as it removes the one niche (if any) reg torn has in ou, that being its able to utilize prankster. Its ability as a wallbreaker is outclassed by Tornadus Therian which is a lot more consistent in that role. No, Tornadus is not a sweeper. I recommend quitting this god complex you have and actually embrace learning the tier. If you're not a troll, please consider that you're putting somebody else's team and enjoyment in potential jeopardy when you rate without proper knowledge of said tier. If you are a troll, at least don't do shit to others expense, thats just sad. If you have further comments, message me :).

In addition, I'm going to add a mini rate of my own so my whole post isn't just ridiculing this dude. Here you can find a squad that I put together when reviewing your team. The squad could get really annoyed by waters like greninja if given the chance, as well as heatran if garchomp takes enough chip. Another thing that bothered me was the stall match up, which is literally only Hoopa-U as more teams are preparing for Blacephalon nowadays. I also believe that Hoopa really benefits from hazard stack, which you dont have. I added a Gastrodon in place of Blacephalon to help improve the matchup with waters, heatran and koko. Gastro also can check variants of Volcarona which has its benefits. Next I changed your magearna -> spdef heatran. Spdef heatran really helps improve the teams mu vs stall, as well as checking the psychics and fairies that mage was. Toxic and Taunt is a pain for stall to get past. Heatran also deals with scizor which was annoying post the Blacephalon removal. My spread is the spdef spread but with 52 SpA to ohko opposing offensive trans (I explain my spreads). If this is too much of an issue for you, just take the 52 out of SpA and put it in HP. Lastly I changed scarf to ash greninja. Ash gren acts as a revenge killer for the squad, well also providing spikes. In theory scarf gren can work but I recommend adding spikes somewhere if having regular gren as that much of a worry for you. I also did some quality of life changes. The biggest here being making Garchomp the offensive rocker set. This helps the squad in having a z user that can threaten hazard setters. It can also annoy cores such as Celepex which only answer after my changes was Hoopa. If you have further questions you can inquire in my dms or page. I did happen to do this edit fairly quickly so if there is any problems you come across I am happy to help you find a way to work around them!

edit: the pokepaste is hyperlinked to the word "here", also realized I fucked up somewhere

Last edited:
Air Slash is indeed mathematically better than Hurricane on Tornadus if using outside of rain or without Fly Z. The difference is slight, and really comes down to flinch hax.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)