Resource 1v1 Creative & Underrated Sets

Approved by Quote, Some elements taken from the OM and OU Versions

[Banner Coming Soon]
1v1 Creative & Underrated Sets

Welcome to the 1v1 creative and underrated sets page, the place to post underrated sets for all 1v1 generations and OMs. Here are some criteria that should be followed.

• A creative set is one that has not been widely used. (For example, Grassium Z Jumpluff was not used before Osra mentioned it in the resources thread many months ago)
  • An underrated set is one that might have been worse before, or a lure set devised to beat a pokemon that it would not without (Example being Firium Dragonite for certain steel types)
  • You can post Innovative EV spreads here, as they are considered to be creative and/or underrated.
Rules:

Do not post bad gimmicks here.

• Don’t post pokemon that have not been used in this metagame unless you have significant justification to its use.
Do not post standard sets (with standard EV spreads)
  • This thread is meant for innovation.
Please do not shitpost here
  • I am a proud follower of our Lord and savior gog, but please do not post of him or his fellow companions
Don't critique someone just to advertise your own set.

I will constantly update this. Make sure to pm to me if you feel anything should be done. Have fun Posting!

Last edited:

Krytocon

I do things (sometimes)
is a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
I am a sylveon fanatic so i have a few good sets that i have not really seen on ladder, here goes:
Broke AF (Sylveon) (F) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 216 HP / 96 Def / 196 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fake Tears
- Hyper Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball

This spread tanks adamant haxorus iron tail and specs modest genesect flash cannon, and KOs back with hyper beam and HP Fire respectively. Custap allows it to use fake tears on a mon that brings it down low in order to nuke it next turn with hyper beam so that it can win matchups it otherwise couldn’t.

Muffins (Sylveon) (F) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 216 HP / 96 Def / 196 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Same spread as above, but allows for more raw power with the use of specs

Muffins (Sylveon) (F) @ Petaya Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpA
Calm Nature
- Yawn
- Endure
- Fake Tears
- Hyper Voice

Now we come to my favourite Sylveon sets: the yawndure sets. This set has a slightly different spread allowing it to tank specs timid sludge wave from naganadel, activate its berry and ohko in return with hyper voice. On the physical side it can still tank adamant haxorus iron tail. The usage of a berry allows it to get +1 when low without needing the opposing mon to be asleep. Endure is used to activate berry and not die to z moves if extremely low

Muffins (Sylveon) (F) @ Darkinium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpA
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Yawn
- Protect/Endure
- Fake Tears

Same spread. The usage of darkinium z fake tears allows Sylveon to boost up to +1 against a mon that does not knock it down to berry activation level. Endure does not leave you dying from z moves if low but protect blocks status

~~Sylveon best eeveelution, prove me wrong

Last edited:

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
One set that I've been tinkering with is this:

Heatran @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Overheat
- Ancient Power
- Metal Sound / Filler
- Taunt / Filler

Basically, you sacrifice the Balloon for a more powerful Fire move (no longer mandating max Special Attack for Aegislash and Magearna)
  • You 3HKO Spdef ZardX with Metal Sound and 2 Ancient Power while they can only 5HKO you
  • 252 Atk Metagross-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Heatran: 328-388 (84.9 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
  • 252 Atk Choice Band Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Heatran: 260-308 (67.3 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Other than that, it does pretty much all your ordinary heatran-like things. I personally just like Heatran and think that there is more potential to it than just Air Balloon and the occasional Grassium.

Thundurus @ Electrium Z
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Atk / 108 SpA / 248 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Charge
- Thunder
- Wild Charge
- Substitute
Damn bro I love this mon lately, it’s really underrated and I already nommed it for C+
The speed evs are because my team lacks vs jumpluff and those evs allow me to beat it.
The mixed charge beats magearna, meloetta, etc. and substitute puts me in a better position vs things like scarf and z move pz, tapu lele, greninja, etc. it’s ability prankster allows it to sub and charge first.

Naturally to one up James, I must present the might mixed Zeraora
Mixed Electrium (Zeraora) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 60 Atk / 168 SpA / 128 SpD / 152 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Thunder
- Charge
- Fake Out
This has been mentioned by TDA, but of course he can't say the idea was completely his. Mixed to beat Tapu Lele, Magearna, both Kew and Mewnium, Sableye, Clefable, Kartana, and others. This also still manages to ohko Gyarados with Z-Thunder.

What this does lose over Thundurus is Scarf PZ, or at least that's what I see.

lost heros

Meme Master
I'll put one too for fun.

Sliggoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rain Dance
- Rest
- Acid Armor
- Infestation

Simple and fun set. Rain Dance + Rest with Hydration is a one turn full heal and with Sliggoo's copious bulk with eviolite especially on the special side. Acid Armor boosts Defense which is relatively low and infestation is how you win.

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
Also this is my fave thread besides all the ones where I'm winning in tournaments and ig my togekiss analysis if TDA would ever QC it

Brought this up a bit ago to Mace and the squad: Haban Kommo-o

Kommo-o @ Haban Berry
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Outrage
- Close Combat
- Taunt / Dragon Dance / Earthquake

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably doesn't belong here but its a BW 1v1 set that I've had success with

Victini @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 60 Atk / 232 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reversal
- Substitute
- Flame Charge
- V-create

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smeargle @ Normalium Z
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Imprison
- Transform
- Extreme Speed

extreme speed smeargle is nasty as it lets you beat Tapunium Fini when they taunt you

My boi, Diggersboi

Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 144 Atk / 12 Def / 112 SpD / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Giga Impact
- Earthquake
- Superpower/Fire Punch/Wild Charge/Gunk Shot/Ice Punch/Stone Edge

This guy doesn't really beat the S mons always, but it does it beat a lot of other mons. Spe EVs to outspeed Gren, SpD to survive scarf Lele, Def to survive scarf Garchomp, dumped everything else to Atk. With Huge Power, it reaches 404 attack and just kills anything the slower than it and not that bulky. A very wild moveset and cause it's scarf it just surprises people. You just have mad fun with Diggersby

ladies and gentlemen the whimsicott guy is here

Whimsicott @ Fairium Z
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Substitute
- Charm

This thing combined with a z charm becomes the tankiest thing in existence
poison x4 weakness? no big deal -2 252+ Atk Sawk Poison Jab vs. +1 252 HP / 68+ Def Whimsicott: 120-144 (37 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
"ah this thing runs babiri so I can just Bullet Punch it" WRONG -2 252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Meteor Mash vs. +1 252 HP / 68+ Def Whimsicott: 134-158 (41.3 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
-2 252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Bullet Punch vs. +1 252 HP / 68+ Def Whimsicott: 62-74 (19.1 - 22.8%) -- possible 5HKO
"but then you're still weak to steel special attacks" COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG 252 SpA Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 188 SpD Whimsicott: 266-314 (82 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
adamant choice band? that's for N E R D S -2 252+ Atk Choice Band Haxorus Iron Tail vs. +1 252 HP / 68+ Def Whimsicott: 128-152 (39.5 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Dragonite S tier? what a joke -2 252+ Atk Dragonite Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. +1 252 HP / 68+ Def Whimsicott: 206-246 (63.5 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-2 252+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. +1 252 HP / 68+ Def Whimsicott: 32-38 (9.8 - 11.7%) -- possible 9HKO

Same goes for Landorus T; BAD -2 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. +1 252 HP / 68+ Def Whimsicott: 218-260 (67.2 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-2 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. +1 252 HP / 68+ Def Whimsicott: 31-37 (9.5 - 11.4%) -- possible 9HKO

(babiri + taunt is still better tho)

Krytocon

I do things (sometimes)
is a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
My boi, Diggersboi

Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 144 Atk / 12 Def / 112 SpD / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Giga Impact
- Earthquake

This guy doesn't really beat the S mons always, but it does it beat a lot of other mons. Spe EVs to outspeed Gren, SpD to survive scarf Lele, Def to survive scarf Garchomp, dumped everything else to Atk. With Huge Power, it reaches 404 attack and just kills anything the slower than it and not that bulky. A very wild moveset and cause it's scarf it just surprises people. You just have mad fun with Diggersby
hey shyom, just noticed that set can do some optimising:
Diggersby @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 24 HP / 152 Atk / 92 SpD / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Giga Impact
- Earthquake
adds 8 evs into atk whilst tanking the same things
yw ;)

Do not post standard sets (with standard EV spreads)
  • This thread is meant for innovation.
I see.

Why has nobody thought of this stuff;

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 104 HP / 56 Def / 132 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Heart Swap
- Substitute
- Magnet Rise

This set is awesome and it genuinely viable. The basic concept of this is to sub on stall setup like Necrozma. These will do like Calm Mind setup. Now its your turn to use regular Fleur Cannon to drop spa as will to be an offensive move perse. When the opponent realises your strat it's already too late. You are now ready to Heart Swap your spa drop and own the opponents stats. Time to Z and boom. This will also work on unsuspecting metal sound mons like Celesteela and Aegislash. Magnet Rise is to still keep you beating Golem, Donphan and Dragonite, etc. This fast spread will also still beat Primarina and Tapu Fini. the 104 HP evs are to bulk specs greninja and the 56 def evs are to bulk scarf Garchomp. There are litterally only a few downfalls to this set for real. Like Specs naganadel and Genesect will beat you.

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Barrier
- Recover

This is actually lit. People need to uncover the Fast Pokemon more. Trace is awesome to let you beat Volcanion, Zeraora and Dragonite with the help of Barrier Recover. It also lets you beat Mega Gyarados with Focus Blast although you'd have to hit twice. Idk why people run Magic Guard because Inner Focus is actually way more useful. I'd be glad to see when someone would build a Set that beats Jirachi. 216 Speed evs are to outspeed Zeraora, Lopunny and such. This is not surprising but it nukes Fast mons like Greninja and Naganadel as well as Porygon Z.

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
Icium cress gang

Cresselia @ Icium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Beats chomp lando and some more dragons and a lot of other stuff because CM + Healing and freezes things and has psyshock for CM wars

Azumarill @ Fairium Z
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 Def
Impish Nature
- Charm
- Amnesia
- Play Rough
- Rest

Atk KOs Vivi with +1 Z play rough

Xurkitree @ Electrium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 136 SpD / 72 Spe
Calm Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Electroweb
- Tail Glow
- Charge

Lives mew fake out into mewnium always

Whiscash @ Groundium Z
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 28 Def / 220 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Aqua Tail
- Stone Edge

WHISCASH

Deoxys-Speed @ Psychium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Def / 116 SpA / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Psycho Boost
- Iron Defense
- Recover

Best DeoS

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 164 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rock Tomb

Spdef Mewnium, beats zard y

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Encore
- Flail
- High Jump Kick

100% underrated

i shared this one with mace for movesets but ill put it too here because it sucks

Politoed @ Waterium Z
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 136 Def / 160 SpA / 144 SpD / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Encore
- Focus Blast

its basically just rainium fini but it brings rain so that it's z hits harder.
144+ SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Solar Beam vs. 0 HP / 144 SpD Politoed: 272-320 (84.7 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
68 speed lets it creep zardy with +1, and it ohkos with pump in the rain. it also beats zardx by just clicking the z. it has a niche over primarina in that it beats zygarde 100% of the time. focus blast is for killing gyara if the opponent plays terribly but if you want to use something else like icy wind feel free.

i made this set a while ago so i have no idea where 136 def comes from but ill edit this if i can remember

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor
i shared this one with mace for movesets but ill put it too here because it sucks

Politoed @ Waterium Z
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Encore
- Focus Blast

144+ SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Solar Beam vs. 0 HP / 144 SpD Politoed: 272-320 (84.7 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
68 speed lets it creep zardy with +1, and it ohkos with pump in the rain. it also beats zardx by just clicking the z. it has a niche over primarina in that it beats zygarde 100% of the time. focus blast is for killing gyara if the opponent plays terribly but if you want to use something else like icy wind feel free.

i made this set a while ago so i have no idea where 136 def comes from but ill edit this if i can remember
how does poli 100% beat zygarde

Politoed @ Waterium Z
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Encore
- Focus Blast

Why rain dance when you have Drizzle......

I personally love Amphy. This set is absurd; it can live adamant zard X outrage 100% of the time(if you do not mega), and c guard outpaces every physical boosting set in the game. Unfortunately, most boost duels come down to mind games. HP ground wins against magnezone, but other types can offer different coverages. Power gem lets you beat zard Y 100% of the time. Beats non-groundium sturdies, and most dragons by not mega-evolving.

Goldenrod (Ampharos-Mega) (M) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpA
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Thunder
- Cotton Guard
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)