SM OU Pinsir Bulky Offense

Hello,
i have decided to make a bulky offense team, because i felt like i don't have enough experience with BO and because Pinsir is my favourite setup sweeper. So, after few failed attempts i came up with this team. My personal high is 1600 something, but i feel like the team is not solid enough and need some advice.

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Return
- Quick Attack

The main sweeper/wallbreaker of the team. I think Pinsir is really underrated considering that flying-type STAB is nearly unresisted and that those that resist it are pretty easy to counter. The set is standard, i am running EQ instead of close combat, because i have Lando to check Celesteela/Zapdos/Skarmory. I use it mainly in the early game to punch a hole in opposing team or late game to clean up with quick attack.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 188 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Jirachi is a really good partner for Pinsir imo. It gives the team momentum with U-turn, offers good role compresion with stealth rock and most importantly, it gives the team Healing Wish which is incredible to use with Pinsir as it can serve as a cleaner in the late game as well. First, i was playing magnezone, but i felt like it was useless in a lot of games unlike Jirachi.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse

Greninja-ash is my revenge killer and late game cleaner. It also provides Spikes witch is appreciated by Pinsir as he can wallbreak to a larger extent. Other than that, it also has priority wich is generaly useful.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 12 SpA / 40 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt

So, Pinsir 100% needs hazard control. When i was chosing between Defoggers i realized i also need Ash Greninja/Hawlucha check. It also formes a defensive backbone of the team with Ferrothorn. The set is standard straigh from Smogon. Taunt prevents Fini from being used as a setup fodder, however i have difficulty deciding between Scald and nature's madness. Scald is decent versus physical attackers, while Nature's madness is better versus bulkier mons.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Power Whip

Ferro is great with both Ash Greninja as it scarres Fire-types and with Lando. It also provides Spike support which Pinsir likes. Leech is standard, Knock Off is here to punish switching and to decrease the longetivity of pokemon with Leftovers.

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fly

Landorus is also pretty important, because i felt like my team was too passive and required a Zapdos/celesteela check. I also didn't use Z-crystal yet making it a good choice for my team. U-turn is used instead of rocks as i already have a rocker and because it grabs momentum easily. It also assists Pinsir with breaking and has good defensive synergy with Jirachi since the it invites Heatran, which this set gets rid off.

Thanks for any help!

Hello Tzolkin. Nice team there..... I am no expert at rating teams but ima just curious to know what you will do against mega Charizard Y? As he destroys your whole team and 2HKO fini with solar beam... Gren can't do much because of sun...And lando gets OHKO'd by a fire blast...

Why is there a Specs Spikes?
Being locked into Spikes isn't the worst thing in the world, as it can be stacked. However, the reason Spikes is so effective on Ash-Gren is because he forces a ton of switches, because people don't want to let it transform. Spikes gives Gren a nice neutral move to click as the opponent switches into their Tangrowth or Bulu or whatever, as well as a way to whittle down those switch-ins until they're no longer switch-ins. It's a similar principle to you running Sythesis on Scarf Kartana. People switch because "oh no Ash Greninja" and you just Spike in their face.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)