Tournament PSPL VII Playoffs: Finals [Won by Ubers Room]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to cheer for Italiano because it's pretty interesting that a language room got the finals of a really big tournament of Pokémon Showdown, the reason? It's pretty cool to think that a room made just for language speakers, with no focus on tiers, could have shown so much potential in the tournament, you are incredible! In addition, Ubers is a bad tier. Okay, let's go friends! Forza! :swole:

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
I'm going to cheer for Italiano because it's pretty interesting that a language room got the finals of a really big tournament of Pokémon Showdown, the reason? It's pretty cool to think that a room made just for language speakers, with no focus on tiers, could have shown so much potential in the tournament, you are incredible! In addition, Ubers is a bad tier. Okay, let's go friends! Forza! :swole:
Language rooms are usually just as prominent in PSPL as tier rooms are, reaching playoffs and finals several times, even Italiano and Portugues winning the whole thing in PSPL II and III respectively.

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Damn dudes, how long has this been coming? Since I've been a part of this PSPL team, it has been at least 4 iterations where we've made it far as a team (top 8 or deeper every time) and I feel like it was just our time. Having people who have played in all of those (looking at you Level 56, SparksBlade and Pohjis) as well as guys who have just played it for their first time and done their part for us (Paycard, skysolo14, Mysterious M, Zesty43, Gunner Rohan), we had a weird mix and match of dudes who just wanted to finally get this done, all the way. We had the toughest road possible and yet still managed to come out on top somehow, so I'm glad this happened the year I decided to manage the tour for the first time as well as play, which was something I'd done for past 2 years. Everyone that played for us this year got at least a win so I'd like to thank all of the guys for holding their own in their tiers and contributing to this W (Pohjis and SparksBlade as co-managers as well as players, Zesty43 Cynara Dominatio Paycard Mysterious M skysolo14 PurpleGatorade Level 56 Gunner Rohan Garay oak, as well as Nayrz for the support), this is something we can finally call done after all this time.

I'd also like to thank all of the following guys for their help throughout at least 1 of the years (within the past 4 years where I've been an active part of this room) where we came close to winning this as a team, after now of course finally doing it. You guys weren't on the team this year but you definitely helped us go far and helped us consistently improve year after year:

2018: Exiline Terracotta Joyverse The Vision Haruno Serial Lord Outrage Arii Stella
2017: Aurora zf The Vision Lord Outrage Haruno Lacus Ichinose Arii Stella
2016: Aberforth Fireburn Lord Outrage Haruno absdaddy Sweep Aurora WreckDra

Last edited:

Rhmsitb

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Gz ubers for killing this. I'm glad to see that the room winning which I joined before any other rooms. Even I played for hindi still uber was the tier I was playing. And ye I've always supported ubers.I wasn't the part of the team but ig I was lmao. And finally winning this is really making me happy.

This PSPL is now over, and i'm happy with our result, but won't lie, it burns a lot. Italiano Room didn't partecipate in the last 2 PSPLs and didn't make to the finals since PSPL2. We had a "refresh" in the staff and this year we participated with a new, young team, with me and Alpha managing it for the first time. We showed our strength and abilities, and we have been undefeated as a team as well as a good half of our roster until this final, and i want to make my congratulations to Uber Room's team both for the win of this tour and for the win against us.

I really want to thank all my teammates (and friends) for their will to play and win for Italiano Room and the support during the whole tour, Alpha for co-managing with me this incredible team, Averardo, -Howkings and Terracotta for constantly make fun of me (;-;), Quaze, Lopunny Kicks, duck, Kebab mlml for their strength and support, EdGummet for being one of the oldest auths his availability in a critical moment even while he had really few times to prepare himself and play due to irl commitments, showing off his abilities, and also Riccio, Adam the First, Santu and Snou for their experience and support. I really hope i have been a Captain good enough for this team and for you all.

A special thanks goes to all the friends that supported us throughout the entire tournaments such as iamredmount, bobochan, Anubis, Marshmallon, RaJ.Shoot, TheJ3estPenguin, Micaiah, MGenius, AkaiTenshi and to be honest many, many more and please excuse me but i can't list all of you here ;-; but i really appreciated a lot your support, thank you very much, for real.

I enjoyed this run, but i guess it's time to leave now. Thank you again everyone, we'll return next year, and we'll conquer that first place!
FORZA ITALIANO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)