Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

I’ve seen this question asked before quite a while ago, but the link doesn’t seem to work, so I’ll ask it again. Where do you get those images of The Pokémon models that everyone seems to use?

I don't know if this is possible anymore, but would it be possible to read older analyses that had been removed, for example analyses for banned pokemon like Pheromosa? I'm trying to get some ideas for a potential video and I would appreciate it if that could be possible. Thanks!

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Member from long time ago. I used to have a trade thread here on Smogon, and the link can be found in my profile. Is there anyway to view an old cached version or find the contents of said trade thread?
We took down our caches from the internet archive due to security reasons and when we made the jump to xenforo we lost the ability to see past versions of threads that were made on vbulletin. So, unfortunately no and no as far as I'm aware.

is there a way to change the ability of a pokemon in a previous gen, for example gengar with levitate in dpp but cursed body in usum, but change the second ability? i looked in the teambuilder-tables.js and it only shows the functions overrideAbility, overrideHiddenAbility, and removeSecondAbility, but nothing along the lines of overrideSecondAbility or something like that. do i just put overrideSecondAbility into teambuilder-tables.js or is there a function that does that?

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
is there a way to change the ability of a pokemon in a previous gen, for example gengar with levitate in dpp but cursed body in usum, but change the second ability? i looked in the teambuilder-tables.js and it only shows the functions overrideAbility, overrideHiddenAbility, and removeSecondAbility, but nothing along the lines of overrideSecondAbility or something like that. do i just put overrideSecondAbility into teambuilder-tables.js or is there a function that does that?
You are building a pet mod or something correct? Just want to clarify

kinda. im making something along the lines of a pet mod based off of some old articles on the smog
these ones to clarify:
https://www.smogon.com/smog/issue10/retype
https://www.smogon.com/smog/issue11/retyping
https://www.smogon.com/smog/issue7/abilities
its kinda like a theorymon thing for dpp, not sure if im gonna release it or not but i want to make sure this works
so the idea is to make it so that the second ability on a pokemon is modified to whatever i want. so for example i changed hypno's second
ability from forewarn to shadow tag, and i want to make it so that when i go to gen 4 ou it displays shadow tag as hypno's second ability instead of forewarn, like how in every gen other than gen 7 ou gengar's ability is levitate. thats my idea

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking about this, but I don't think Perish Trap Azumarill with Sap Sipper is legally obtainable in-game. However, it's still usable in Showdown for some reason and one would think the set would be banned for the same reason Soft Boil Unaware Clefable is banned. Unless I'm mistaken, I believe Whirlpool is only obtainable in gen 4 via HM, but Sap Sipper is a HA introduced in gen 5. Is it otherwise possible to obtain a Sap Sipper Perish Trap Azumarill with this set? If so, how would it be obtainable?

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 228 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Perish Song
- Whirlpool
- Protect
- Toxic

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking about this, but I don't think Perish Trap Azumarill with Sap Sipper is legally obtainable in-game. However, it's still usable in Showdown for some reason and one would think the set would be banned for the same reason Soft Boil Unaware Clefable is banned. Unless I'm mistaken, I believe Whirlpool is only obtainable in gen 4 via HM, but Sap Sipper is a HA introduced in gen 5. Is it otherwise possible to obtain a Sap Sipper Perish Trap Azumarill with this set? If so, how would it be obtainable?

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 228 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Perish Song
- Whirlpool
- Protect
- Toxic
Transferring a Pokemon from the gen 1 or 2 virtual console gives it the Hidden Ability; gen 2 Azumarill can learn Whirlpool. Conversely, non-HA Whirlpool Azumarill is legal via the gen 4 route you described.

Transferring a Pokemon from the gen 1 or 2 virtual console gives it the Hidden Ability; gen 2 Azumarill can learn Whirlpool. Conversely, non-HA Whirlpool Azumarill is legal via the gen 4 route you described.
Thanks! At what point would Azumarill learn Perish Song in this sequence via gen 2 Azumarill?

Guys. I am new here. I had a question. I heard that evasion is banned in ubers and below. But I saw this battle where this player in ou used acupressure and they were able to get 3xevasion.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-932036569

I was wondering if you knew about this. Maybe acupressure should be nerfed or banned to AG ? Thanks.
The "evasion" clause really only bans double team and minimize. Accupressure is usually too easy to counter and not worth banning.

Reactions: Ivy

Ryota Mitarai

Shrektimus Prime
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributor
hello everybody how i can use the chats on showdown! ??
You register an account on there and join the room you want to speak in. Keep in mind some chats have an "Autoconfirmed" modchat, which means only those who have been registered for 1 week and have won 1 rated battle on the Ladder can talk.

ok I'm register from more than one week and i already won rated battles, but it continues to say that i have to win at least one ladder game.i don't undestard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 9)