Project RU Lure That Threat! Week 10: Roserade (Sub)

Approved by phantom
Based on and OP adapted from the SM OU thread of the same name.
Taken over from rylon
OP taken from previous thread

amazing art by MamOwOswine
Welcome Smogonites! We all know what are lures and what they do, specific Pokemon that run an unexpected move or moveset in order to weaken or directly OHKO a specific threat, and pave the way for another sweeper. Having said that though, there isn't that much of a focus on lures in the RU Forum, and a good deal of lures used by battlers aren't really that optimal, this project forms a competition to see what the ingenuity of people can come up with, and, hopefully; improve the Teambuilding aspect we have at the moment.

Process
  • Every week, A threat in the RU metagame will be posted, alongside a sample set and a brief description of it.
  • The community will then have four days to nominate Pokemon that work as effective lures to that threat, with calculations and a description. Each person may nominate one lure per week.
  • There will then be a three day voting period in which users can vote on the lures that they consider the best or more useful. Each user is allowed up to one vote.
  • Once the voting period has concluded, the two lures with the highest number of votes will be added to the archive. A new set will then be posted.
Rules
  • You must post a set and an explanation of why your chosen Pokemon is a good lure alongside your nomination. Damage calculations are required, since they will help better illustrate your point.
  • Please focus on only posting RU-viable Pokemon as lures. As a general rule of thumb, nominating Pokemon found in the RU viability ranking thread is a good idea. You can nominate Pokemon that aren't found in that thread, but please post a detailed explanation of why that Pokemon is viable if you do. Nominations can be rejected on the basis of the Pokemon being unviable or other common options being able to deal with the threat in a similar manner.
  • You are welcome to reserve a lure, but only if you plan to complete the write-up within six hours. Other users may nominate the Pokemon themselves if you fail to meet this time requirement.
Things to ask yourself before posting a lure
  • Does this Pokemon have to sacrifice anything important? If you're losing a key part of a set just for an uncommon threat, it can be considered a bad lure. Always consider what you give up in order to lure something, that is very important.
  • Does this Pokemon gain anything important when using this move/item? How does the Pokémon or its teammates benefit from the lure?
  • Could this method be better aided through teammates? Does your lure need team support to carry out it's role effectively?
  • Is this set uncommon enough to be really considered a lure? Would your opponent, under normal battle conditions, expect to be able to safely switch the Pokemon into your lure?
  • Consider that, to be considered a lure, the opposing Pokémon should have a reason to stay on a 1v1 or switch into your lure.
Examples

Salazzle @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]

This is an example of a good lure. It initially looks like standard Nasty Plot Salazzle. However, Hidden Power Grass allows it to lure in and OHKO Rhyperior with little prior damage, who is otherwise able to wall Salazzle thanks to its typing and great bulk. Luring in and eliminating Rhyperior can allow Salazzle teammates to use it's STAB moves more easily, such as Noivern and Swellow..

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Steel]

This is an example of a bad lure. Despite landing an OHKO against Diancie, Swellow would much rather be utilizing U-turn and retaining its coverage option in Air Slash, since it has one single target that is uncommon in trade for an important slot.

Current Subject:

Last edited:
The first Pokemon we need to lure is...

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Toxic

[Submission phase ends Wednesday 19th June]​

Last edited:
Thought I would get the ball rolling on this project with...

Florges (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]​

The most popular set for Florges is cleric support as it able to use Wish, Synthesis, and Heal Bell with great affect. However, with 112 Spa it is also hits very hard offensively and can be used as a breaker with Choice Specs to good effect. Hidden Power Fire will always 2HKO Metagross and Florges also outspeeds with 140 EVs to make sure of it.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Florges Hidden Power Fire vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 214-252 (66.8 - 78.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
z flamethrower noivern

10715-Shiny-Mega-Noivern.png
Noivern @ Firium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Usually Noivern runs moves, which gets resisted by Metagross like Draco Meteor and Hurricane and Draco Meteor drops your Special Attack by 2 Stages, so Noivern can't bypass Metegross
but Z-Flamethrower catches this threat by surprise and lures it in pretty well. Firium Z boosted Flamethrower is a clear OHKO and you can proceed the rest of the game without having to worry about that steel/psychic threat in Metagross.

Calcs:
252 SpA Noivern Flamethrower vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 176-208 (55 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Noivern Inferno Overdrive (175 BP) vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 340-402 (106.2 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
This is my first time and I figured I'd get a little unorthodox

EV's: 248hp/136att/64def/36spdef/24spe
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sheer Force
Item: Iapapa Berry
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Iron Head
So here's an anti meta set for offensive rocker Druddigon I made. This thing loves the tiers hazard setters. While Drudd doesnt see a ton of play, it does have niches in RU as a rocker. Most sets will usually opt for utility moves and dragon claw which means metagross isnt afraid to come in and chip it or set rocks. This set is good as a lead as well. The attack evs garuntee a 2HKO on offensive rocks Metagross. It also pressures registeel doing 39-46%, and bronzong is 2hkod after lefties. The 24 speed evs set it at 138 to outspeed unvested base 50s as well as the 137 creep. The bulk of 248hp/36spdef makes it so LO shaymins hp ice doesnt 2hko and it activates the iapapa, while drudd is able to 2hko in return. Diancie and roserade are both OHKOd as well, and the rare defensive setter Dragalge has a small chance to be ohkod after rocks. The remaining 64 evs are put into defense to help ward off the physical attacks of zong, but it can be added to speed to creep other slower threats.

Last edited:
Voting is up...
Thought I would get the ball rolling on this project with...

Florges (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]​

The most popular set for Florges is cleric support as it able to use Wish, Synthesis, and Heal Bell with great affect. However, with 112 Spa it is also hits very hard offensively and can be used as a breaker with Choice Specs to good effect. Hidden Power Fire will always 2HKO Metagross and Florges also outspeeds with 140 EVs to make sure of it.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Florges Hidden Power Fire vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 214-252 (66.8 - 78.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This is my first time and I figured I'd get a little unorthodox

EV's: 248hp/136att/64def/36spdef/24spe
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sheer Force
Item: Iapapa Berry
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Iron Head
So here's an anti meta set for offensive rocker Druddigon I made. This thing loves the tiers hazard setters. While Drudd doesnt see a ton of play, it does have niches in RU as a rocker. Most sets will usually opt for utility moves and dragon claw which means metagross isnt afraid to come in and chip it or set rocks. This set is good as a lead as well. The attack evs garuntee a 2HKO on offensive rocks Metagross. It also pressures registeel doing 39-46%, and bronzong is 2hkod after lefties. The 24 speed evs set it at 138 to outspeed unvested base 50s as well as the 137 creep. The bulk of 248hp/36spdef makes it so LO shaymins hp ice doesnt 2hko and it activates the iapapa, while drudd is able to 2hko in return. Diancie and roserade are both OHKOd as well, and the rare defensive setter Dragalge has a small chance to be ohkod after rocks. The remaining 64 evs are put into defense to help ward off the physical attacks of zong, but it can be added to speed to creep other slower threats.

z flamethrower noivern

View attachment 180575
Noivern @ Firium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Usually Noivern runs moves, which gets resisted by Metagross like Draco Meteor and Hurricane and Draco Meteor drops your Special Attack by 2 Stages, so Noivern can't bypass Metegross
but Z-Flamethrower catches this threat by surprise and lures it in pretty well. Firium Z boosted Flamethrower is a clear OHKO and you can proceed the rest of the game without having to worry about that steel/psychic threat in Metagross.

Calcs:
252 SpA Noivern Flamethrower vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 176-208 (55 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Noivern Inferno Overdrive (175 BP) vs. 76 HP / 0 SpD Metagross: 340-402 (106.2 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

My vote will go to Katy, Noivern lure is just more viable than Druddigon

only doing one winner this week because 3 submissions so winner is Katy for their Firium-Z Noivern, Hall of Fame updated soon.

The threat we need to lure for week 2 is...

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

This Registeel is still in a battle somewhere clicking Protect and living forever... Please Lure it in and kill it ;w;

[Sub phase ends Wednesday 26th June]​

Sawk @ Firium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

This thing also ohkos forretress through sturdy

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Block
- Rest
- Calm Mind

Got to actually give Katy some competition!
This Slowking set is so ridiculously dumb, idek what the EV set would be so I just made it max HP max Def. It clicks Block after luring the Registeel in and then either PP stalls it or sets up and beats it 1v1... so cancer but I got bopped by it once.​

Reactions: TMM

Katy

Banned deucer.
Registeel won't get lured in by Sawk as Sawk has a strong Close Combat to catch registeel anyway and everyone knows what Sawk is going to do and a steel type won't switchin into a fighting type anyway. So Sawk isn't a lure to a steel type like Registeel as the Registeel user will moreso send an answer to Sawk in, to either take out your Sawk or pressure it with a forced switchout on your side. So it will not count as a lure.

Registeel won't get lured in by Sawk as Sawk has a strong Close Combat to catch registeel anyway and everyone knows what Sawk is going to do and a steel type won't switchin into a fighting type anyway. So Sawk isn't a lure to a steel type like Registeel as the Registeel user will moreso send an answer to Sawk in, to either take out your Sawk or pressure it with a forced switchout on your side. So it will not count as a lure.
Yeah you're right

Katy

Banned deucer.
Reserving CM + Fight Z Gardevoir

250px-282Gardevoir.png

Gardevoir @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast

Registeel will come in on Calm Mind Gardevoir as it can't get crippled by a tricked Choice Item (Scarf or Specs) so Registeel can come in on this specific Gardevoir
But after a +1 due to Calm Mind Gardevoir can fire of an unexpected All Out Pummeling (Z-Focu Blast) on Registeel, when it tries to setup Rocks as Registeel is bulky enough to take a
+1 Shadow Ball, Psychic, Moonblast or Hp fire easily, but AoP will catch it off guard and has a chance to OHKO Registeel even. A +1 non Z-Focus Blast is a guaranteed 2HKO and has a
really high roll to make it less easy for Registeel to sustain well enough during that game after this Focus Blast hit it took.

Some Calcs:
252 SpA Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 138-164 (37.9 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 206-244 (56.5 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Gardevoir All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 326-384 (89.5 - 105.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Gardevoir Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 58-69 (15.9 - 18.9%) -- possible 7HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Gardevoir Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 58-69 (15.9 - 18.9%) -- possible 7HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Mega-Sceptile
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 Att / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Low Kick/Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Initially when I thought of SD mscept I thought well that just doesn't seem right, but then I took a good look and realized this thing is kind of a monster for majority of RU. Only the fastest of scarfers will outpace as everything under base 81 is still outsped at +1 speed (no worries about scarf Gard or scarf Tyrant here). Registeel will come in to try and eat a leaf storm as usual, but to its surprise it's met with a swords dance from a now 638att/427spe demon ready to claim some KOs. Low Kick does a significant amount more to Registeel than earthquake after a SD, enough so that protect stall is thrown right out the window, but if you would rather have a better hit on metagross then EQ is still also a 2hko. MScept can utilize rock slide coverage to wreak havoc on most flying types that may attempt to stop it, and mandibuzz isnt switching into a +2 slide. Noivern and honch are ohkod while mscept takes 85 from lo sucker.

Here's some other notable calcs for the tier at +2:

+2 252 Atk Sceptile-Mega Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 326-384 (89.5 - 105.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Sceptile-Mega Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyrantrum: 400-472 (130.7 - 154.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Sceptile-Mega Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gardevoir: 369-435 (133.2 - 157%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Sceptile-Mega Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Goodra: 260-306 (80.7 - 95%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock​

Last edited:

Mavis

Banned deucer.
All right, here's one I played around on ladder with a couple times and really enjoyed for it's ability to bring in steel types that would resist it's STABs: Groundium Z Tyrantrum. You bring in your Registeel expecting to live the incoming Earthquake, Toxic it, Protect once, then let something else deal with Tyrantrum after it gets it's Dance up. But then you whip out that amazing Groundium Z and blast that pesky Registeel into oblivion!

Tyrantrum @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
Now, let's get into some calcs.

+1 252 Atk Tyrantrum Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 392-462 (107.6 - 126.9%)

+1 252 Atk Tyrantrum Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 218-258 (59.8 - 70.8%)

(Good Lord, I forget how bulky Registeel can be. Seriously.) But, yeah, I personally love this set and thing it can go pretty far if executed properly.

First time posting in regards to offering my opinion! I've been laddering a bit, and Registeel was a nuisance at first, but I found geometry guy to be an effective lure.

Necrozma @ Buginium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor​

Most Registeel sets have heavy SpD investment which would otherwise wall Necrozma. If one were to switch in on Necrozma, it can feel free to Swords Dance on the switch and slam it with Earthquake. Unfortunately, a Jolly Nature means that there is no chance to OHKO Registeel with +2 Earthquake on the switch, but Adamant gives it a small chance and gives it a 50% chance with a set of spikes. Furthermore, +2 Z-X Scissor vaporizes Cresselia, beating one of the most obnoxious balanced / defensive cores in RU.

Jolly
+2 252 Atk Necrozma Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 268-316 (73.6 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Necrozma Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 268-316 (73.6 - 86.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock, 1 layer of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Necrozma Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 268-316 (73.6 - 86.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock, 2 layers of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Necrozma Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 268-316 (73.6 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock, 3 layers of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery

+4 252 Atk Necrozma Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 400-472 (109.8 - 129.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Really depends how much you hate Necrozma getting intoxicated. Regi will probably Toxic the turn after it switches.)

Adamant
+2 252+ Atk Necrozma Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 294-346 (80.7 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Necrozma Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 294-346 (80.7 - 95%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes and Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Necrozma Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 294-346 (80.7 - 95%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock, 1 layer of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Necrozma Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 294-346 (80.7 - 95%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock, 2 layers of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery

Espeon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Morning Sun
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam

generally regi is a pretty safe switchin to anything espy can throw at it, only really fearing trick from rare choice sets so you can just cm on the switch and proceed to win. rocky helm makes regi take dmg every time it stosses so you can eventually beat it with that chip. this espy set is excellent at tearing down defensive teams, especially stalls cause theres not many defensive mons that can actually take it on (even mandi is just setup fodder lol) so once offensive threats are dead or espy has set up enough where they are no longer a threat it just wins vs the most common defensive cores in ru.

as for the above set i would never really run ada, being faster than stoise is too important. if anything id just run ground z.

Voting is up!

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Block
- Rest
- Calm Mind

Got to actually give Katy some competition!
This Slowking set is so ridiculously dumb, idek what the EV set would be so I just made it max HP max Def. It clicks Block after luring the Registeel in and then either PP stalls it or sets up and beats it 1v1... so cancer but I got bopped by it once.​

Reserving CM + Fight Z Gardevoir

View attachment 181501

Gardevoir @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast

Registeel will come in on Calm Mind Gardevoir as it can't get crippled by a tricked Choice Item (Scarf or Specs) so Registeel can come in on this specific Gardevoir
But after a +1 due to Calm Mind Gardevoir can fire of an unexpected All Out Pummeling (Z-Focu Blast) on Registeel, when it tries to setup Rocks as Registeel is bulky enough to take a
+1 Shadow Ball, Psychic, Moonblast or Hp fire easily, but AoP will catch it off guard and has a chance to OHKO Registeel even. A +1 non Z-Focus Blast is a guaranteed 2HKO and has a
really high roll to make it less easy for Registeel to sustain well enough during that game after this Focus Blast hit it took.

Some Calcs:
252 SpA Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 138-164 (37.9 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 206-244 (56.5 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Gardevoir All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Registeel: 326-384 (89.5 - 105.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Mega-Sceptile
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 Att / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Low Kick/Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Initially when I thought of SD mscept I thought well that just doesn't seem right, but then I took a good look and realized this thing is kind of a monster for majority of RU. Only the fastest of scarfers will outpace as everything under base 81 is still outsped at +1 speed (no worries about scarf Gard or scarf Tyrant here). Registeel will come in to try and eat a leaf storm as usual, but to its surprise it's met with a swords dance from a now 638att/427spe demon ready to claim some KOs. Low Kick does a significant amount more to Registeel than earthquake after a SD, enough so that protect stall is thrown right out the window, but if you would rather have a better hit on metagross then EQ is still also a 2hko. MScept can utilize rock slide coverage to wreak havoc on most flying types that may attempt to stop it, and mandibuzz isnt switching into a +2 slide. Noivern and honch are ohkod while mscept takes 85 from lo sucker.

Here's some other notable calcs for the tier at +2:

+2 252 Atk Sceptile-Mega Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 326-384 (89.5 - 105.4%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Sceptile-Mega Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyrantrum: 400-472 (130.7 - 154.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Sceptile-Mega Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gardevoir: 369-435 (133.2 - 157%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Sceptile-Mega Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Goodra: 260-306 (80.7 - 95%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock​

All right, here's one I played around on ladder with a couple times and really enjoyed for it's ability to bring in steel types that would resist it's STABs: Groundium Z Tyrantrum. You bring in your Registeel expecting to live the incoming Earthquake, Toxic it, Protect once, then let something else deal with Tyrantrum after it gets it's Dance up. But then you whip out that amazing Groundium Z and blast that pesky Registeel into oblivion!

View attachment 182417

Tyrantrum @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
Now, let's get into some calcs.

+1 252 Atk Tyrantrum Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 392-462 (107.6 - 126.9%)

+1 252 Atk Tyrantrum Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 218-258 (59.8 - 70.8%)

(Good Lord, I forget how bulky Registeel can be. Seriously.) But, yeah, I personally love this set and thing it can go pretty far if executed properly.

First time posting in regards to offering my opinion! I've been laddering a bit, and Registeel was a nuisance at first, but I found geometry guy to be an effective lure.

Necrozma @ Buginium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Photon Geyser
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor​

Most Registeel sets have heavy SpD investment which would otherwise wall Necrozma. If one were to switch in on Necrozma, it can feel free to Swords Dance on the switch and slam it with Earthquake. Unfortunately, a Jolly Nature means that there is no chance to OHKO Registeel with +2 Earthquake on the switch, but Adamant gives it a small chance and gives it a 50% chance with a set of spikes. Furthermore, +2 Z-X Scissor vaporizes Cresselia, beating one of the most obnoxious balanced / defensive cores in RU.

Jolly
+2 252 Atk Necrozma Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 268-316 (73.6 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Necrozma Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 268-316 (73.6 - 86.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock, 1 layer of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Necrozma Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 268-316 (73.6 - 86.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock, 2 layers of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Necrozma Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 268-316 (73.6 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock, 3 layers of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery

+4 252 Atk Necrozma Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 400-472 (109.8 - 129.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Really depends how much you hate Necrozma getting intoxicated. Regi will probably Toxic the turn after it switches.)

Adamant
+2 252+ Atk Necrozma Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 294-346 (80.7 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Necrozma Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 294-346 (80.7 - 95%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes and Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Necrozma Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 294-346 (80.7 - 95%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock, 1 layer of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Necrozma Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Registeel: 294-346 (80.7 - 95%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock, 2 layers of Spikes, and Leftovers recovery

Espeon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Morning Sun
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam

generally regi is a pretty safe switchin to anything espy can throw at it, only really fearing trick from rare choice sets so you can just cm on the switch and proceed to win. rocky helm makes regi take dmg every time it stosses so you can eventually beat it with that chip. this espy set is excellent at tearing down defensive teams, especially stalls cause theres not many defensive mons that can actually take it on (even mandi is just setup fodder lol) so once offensive threats are dead or espy has set up enough where they are no longer a threat it just wins vs the most common defensive cores in ru.

as for the above set i would never really run ada, being faster than stoise is too important. if anything id just run ground z.

My vote this week will go to Katy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)