From Untiereds to Ubers

Slate 2 Voting is now in session! You may vote for up to 5 submissions.
For OM!'s sub, a vote will include both Pokémon and item. The item is pretty useless without the ability, so I'll make it either both or neither.

Steel With It's Huntail
Scoopapa's Cherrim
OM!'s Lunatone
Demon Dragon's Rampardos
Jamis361's Rapidash

Tmi489's Golduck
Scoopapa's Cherrim
Yung Dramp's Regigigas
Steel With It's Huntail

Stealthbomber16' Martucus

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Slate 2 Voting is now in session! You may vote for up to 5 submissions.
For OM!'s sub, a vote will include both Pokémon and item. The item is pretty useless without the ability, so I'll make it either both or neither.

Steel With It's Huntail
Scoopapa's Cherrim
OM!'s Lunatone
Demon Dragon's Rampardos
Jamis361's Rapidash
Thanks for combining them, I agree that makes it better.

OM! Lunatone
Jamis361 Luvdisc
Demon Dragon Bastodion
Mega Flareon Rapidash
Steel With It Huntail

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Anaconja’s Heatmor
Stealthbomber’s Maractus
G-Luke’s Swalot
Demon Dragon's Rampardos

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
For all votes, including self-votes, always include the user you are voting for, as multiple people are submitting the same Pokémon in the same slate, plus it’s easier to tally the votes so we don’t have to search the thread to double check.

———————

Voting Results-

1st Place Winner

Swalot - 5 votes G-Luke

——————

2nd Place Tie Winners

Lunatone - 4 votes OM!
Huntail - 4 votes Steel With It
Cherrim - 4 votes Scoopapa
Rampardos- 4 votes Demon Dragon
Heatmor - 4 votes Anaconja
Maractus - 4 votes Stealthbomber16

——————

3rd Place Submission

Rapidash - 3 votes MegaFlareon

——————

4th Place Submissions

Rapidash - 2 votes Jamis361
Kricketune - 2 votes Anaconja
Regigigas - 2 votes Yung Dramps
Golduck - 2 votes Tmi489
Bastiodon - 2 votes Bmw6446
——————

5th Place Submissions

Gogoat - 1 vote Anaconja
Swanna - 1 vote G-Luke
Luvdisc - 1 vote Jamis361
Bastiodon - 1 vote Demon Dragon
Shuckle - 1 vote Scoopapa
——————
I think we can all agree that in order to:
-Save time and bc Jamis361 is not here to vote again
-Pride Weekend taking people away from their internet activity
-So we can move on the the 3rd slate

I will simply count all 2nd Place tie submissions as winners along with 1st Place, instead of having to re-vote for the top 4 2nd Place to join 1st Place.

Also, since this metagame is so new, it will be helpful to have a higher number of winners so we can impact the Ubers metagame.
——————
For now- Congrats to
G-Luke for winning with the highest number of votes! It’s very impressive!

Shout-outs to all of the 2nd Place tie submission winners as listed above.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
New slate is being announced... Here!

Let’s aim for some support Pokémon, as we have seen some Offensive threats like Nasty Plot Persian, some defensive threats like Haze Maractus.

Let’s focus on team support options: for example useful support moves could include moves and mechanics such as Aromatherapy, Wish, Reflect, Defog, Mist, Misty Terrain, Parting Shot, and Burn. Abilities like Intimidate, or Magic Bounce and items like Red Card, or Terrain Extender can also help support teams because they can allow your teammates to switch into a weakened or non-threatening opponent.

While offensive support moves and mechanics could include Toxic Spikes, Trick Room, Perish Song, Taunt, Electric Terrain, Dragon Tail, and Baton Pass. Abilities like Mold Breaker, and items like Terrain Extender can also support your team bc they bypass defensive abilities like Magic Bounce for setting up hazards, or causing status, while Extender items can benefit field effects for your whole team.

The goal of this slate is to bring in support Pokemon, where support is about benefiting the rest of the team as a whole, rather than just using an offensive move for itself, or a defensive move for itself (i.e. Wish over Recover, Aromatherapy / Misty Terrain over Refresh, Parting Shot / Baton Pass over U-Turn, Reflect / Light Screen over Cosmic Power, etc.)

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Edit: Made a few chages to my post below:
—————
Pokémon: Mr. Mime
Typing: Psychic / Fairy
Abilities: Magic Bounce / Soundproof / Wonderous (HA)
Custom Ability Description: “Wonderous” - Activates Wonder Room (5 Turns) when it switches into battle.
Stats: 130 HP / 60 Atk / 115 Def / 80 SpA / 105 SpD / 60 Spe | 545 BST
New Moves: Parting Shot, Defog, Heal Bell, Mist, Perish Song, Wish
Competitive (niche in Ubers): High HP for Wish. Immunity to Dragon, and resistances to Fighting and Psychic are very helpful in the Ubers Tier. Having a fairly bulky Pokémon can allow it to carve out a niche with its beneficial typing that lets it fit into Ubers, and fulfill a variety of roles. Mr. Mime, like many Psychics, already has many support moves so it makes perfect sense that it would be an ideal support Pokémon.
Ability niche: Magic Bounce allows it to prevent hazards, and being hit by status moves, while Soundproof prevents itself from being impacted by Perish Song and Parting Shot, while sporting those moves itself. To prevent it from being overpowered, I made sure to give it Heal Bell so if it has Soundproof it won’t heal from it, forcing a tradeoff for using that move / ability combination.

The new ability Wonderous activates Wonder Room, which switches Defense and Special Defense of all Pokémon on the field, so your Special Attacks hit the foe from their Defense, and Physical Attacks hit the foe from their Special Defense. It’s a new way to bypass things like Assault Vest, and makes a creative way to defend and attack with reversed Defenses. (Chansey now has high Def and low SpD, for example).

Custom Item Description: “Room Key” - Extends the duration of Magic Room, Trick Room, and Wonder Room to 8 Turns.

(Like Jamis361 combined my item and Pokémon into one submission in the previous slate, I am doing the same here, as it would be a useless item without Mr. Mime).

Last edited:
This looks like a good opportunity to buff a Santa Claus Pokemon.

Pokémon: Delibird
Typing: Ice / Steel
Abilities: Flash Fire / Snow Warning / Filter
Stats: 143 HP / 60 Atk / 132 Def / 66 SpA / 121 SpD / 77 Spe | 599 BST
New Moves: roost, wish, heal bell, healing wish, aurora veil, volt switch, switcheroo, will-O-wisp, surf, air slash, flash cannon
Competitive (niche in Ubers): This is my best attempt at making a viable defensive ice Pokemon (specifically a defensive pivot that also has support moves). Filter, flash fire, and steel type attempt to cover Delibird's obviously problematic weaknesses. Most of the status moves, as well as volt switch, support teammates and fit the theme of giving gifts. Switcheroo references gift giving in a slightly different way, and will-O-wisp is a reference to stories of Santa giving coal to bad kids. Surf and air slash are because Delibird is a flying penguin and should have gotten those moves from the start. Note that Delibird already learns spikes, rapid spin, and destiny bond, which means more options for you guys.

Additionally, I'm not sure how open you guys are to adding custom clauses, but...

Custom Clause Description: "Santa Clause" - limits one Pokemon with present on each team

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Pokémon: Kricketune
Typing: Bug/Normal
Abilities: Swarm/Loudspeaker
Custom Ability Description (if applicable): Loudspeaker: Tough Claws clone for sound-based moves
Stats: 88/95/81/105/81/105 (555 BST)
New Moves: Boomburst, Quiver Dance
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Kricketune is a speedy Sticky Web setter with good damage output as well. It has a few good utility moves like Knock Off, Endeavor, Taunt (maybe the chad String Shot to lower the lead's speed) to support a hyper offensive team.

Pokémon: Gogoat
Typing: Grass
Abilities: Sap Sipper/Thick Fat
Stats: 123/100/86/97/81/68 (555 BST)
New Moves: Aromatherapy
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Gogoat is a nice wall that checks both Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre, and can support the team with Heal Bell. However, that's basically the only support move it gets (besides Roar), and its low attack stats can make it very passive.

Pokémon: Stantler
Typing: Ground/Psychic
Abilities: Intimidate/Frisk/Sap Sipper
Stats: 93/140/92/85/95/65 (570 BST)
New Moves: Superpower, Bulk Up
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Stantler is a good user and abuser of Trick Room due to its decent bulk (boosted by Intimidate), high Attack, and good STABs which threaten meta staples like Groudon-Primal and Necrozma-Dusk-Mane. However, it cannot directly switch into Groudon, its coverage is fairly lacking leaving it walled by Flying types, and its only boosting move isn't very efficient.

Pokémon: Whiscash
Typing: Water/Ground
Abilities: Oblivious / Hydration / Flood
Custom Ability Description (Flood): Sets water sport for 5 turns (8 with a Terrain Extender)
Stats: 140 (+30) / 80 (+2) / 90 (+17) / 86 (+10) / 110 (+39) / 61 (+1) for no reason other than to make me happy | 567 BST
New Moves:
Wish, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Stealth Rock, Cosmic Power (this mon has a weird movepool already it gets spark and future sight)
Move Removals: Dragon Dance (LUL)
Custom Move Description (what effects it has): All sport moves can be extended by Terrain Extender to 8 turns. I’d also like to introduce the move Fire Sport which reduces the power of water moves by 1/3 for 5(8) turns which I’ll include a move addition list for later.
(niche in Ubers): Whiscash serves as a premier support for Pokémon which are weak to the fire typing. Flood allows it to severely weaken the damage dealt by fire type pokemon for 5 or 8 turns. While not benefitting whiscash directly, it can open the door for teams weak to PDon, Heatmor, Cherrim or other fire types in the tier such as Hooh or Blaziken.

Whiscash suffers from being fairly one dimensional in the fact that it’s limited to a defensive support. It also has to pick which moves it wants to run, as it has quite a few that it would run if given the opportunity. Having to choose between wish to provide cleric support, toxic to not be setup bait, scald to cripple attackers, earth power to 2hko offensive Groudon, protect for reliable recovery, or stealth rocks for... stealth rocks, is limiting for Whiscash.

Whiscash also suffers from passivity. It lacks the offensive presence to pressure Pokémon and is setup fodder for certain Pokémon such as DM Necrozma and Refresh EKiller Arceus. Non toxic variants are even more limited in terms of setup fodder.

Ferrothorn is cool friends with Whiscash. Whiscash hurts fire types and ferrothorn does not enjoy said fire types. As for other partners, a heal bell or aromatherapy user would greatly benefit Whiscash as it lacks a way to remove status on its own.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
This looks like a good opportunity to buff a Santa Claus Pokemon.

Pokémon: Delibird
Typing: Ice
Abilities: Regenerator / Snow Warning / Filter
Stats: 143 HP / 44 Atk / 132 Def / 99 SpA / 99 SpD / 77 Spe | 594 BST
New Moves: roost, wish, heal bell, healing wish, aurora veil, volt switch, switcheroo, will-O-wisp, surf, air slash
Competitive (niche in Ubers): This is my best attempt at making a viable defensive ice Pokemon (specifically a defensive pivot that also has support moves). Regenerator, filter, and the removal of the flying type attempt to cover Delibird's obviously problematic weaknesses. Most of the status moves, as well as volt switch, support teammates and fit the theme of giving gifts. Switcheroo references gift giving in a slightly different way, and will-O-wisp is a reference to stories of Santa giving coal to bad kids. Surf and air slash are because Delibird is a flying penguin and should have gotten those moves from the start, and so it might run RegenVest with freeze-dry, surf, volt switch, and rapid spin. Note that Delibird already learns spikes, rapid spin, and destiny bond, which means more options for you guys.

Additionally, I'm not sure how open you guys are to adding custom clauses, but...

Custom Clause Description: "Santa Clause" - Delibird cannot know thief.
I loved the joke at the end!

As a mild suggestion:

I think an option to make it a Defensive Ice Typing would be to give it a secondary typing.

Since it is weak to Rock, Fire, Fighting, and Steel, I can suggest Steel typing, seeing as it lives in the edges of mountains and isn’t afraid of Rocks, it would be suitable for it not to be weak to Rocks.

Having wings means it won’t be a Ground Type, and while it could be Rock based on its nesting I doubt that would give it useful resistances.

It nests at the edge of sharp cliffs. It spends all day carrying food to its awaiting chicks.

As for Empoleon whom is also a Penguin, it is Steel, and the real benefit to Delibird is It removes SR as a weakness, and both the Steel and Rock weakness as a whole.

Pokémon Sun Pokédex:
“Although it naturally prefers colder locales, Delibird in Alola seem able to withstand the heat to a certain extent.”

I could see it with a Fire resistant ability like Thick Fat, which could help its Fire weakness, reducing it back to 2x.
With your suggested Filter, however, that is probably better overall.

The only other thing would be to give it Levitate, similar to how Flygon has Wings but instead of being Flying it has an ability which makes it fit the flying theme.

The justification would be that unlike Empoleon, Delibird actually does fly and even helps Rock Climbers.

Black / White pokedex
“It carries food rolled up in its tail. It has the habit of sharing food with people lost in mountains.”

Last edited:
I loved the joke at the end!

As a mild suggestion:

I think an option to make it a Defensive Ice Typing would be to give it a secondary typing.

Since it is weak to Rock, Fire, Fighting, and Steel, I can suggest Steel typing, seeing as it lives in the edges of mountains and isn’t afraid of Rocks, it would be suitable for it not to be weak to Rocks.

Having wings means it won’t be a Ground Type, and while it could be Rock based on its nesting I doubt that would give it useful resistances.

It nests at the edge of sharp cliffs. It spends all day carrying food to its awaiting chicks.

As for Empoleon whom is also a Penguin, it is Steel, and the real benefit to Delibird is It removes SR as a weakness, and both the Steel and Rock weakness as a whole.

Pokémon Sun Pokédex:
“Although it naturally prefers colder locales, Delibird in Alola seem able to withstand the heat to a certain extent.”

I could see it with a Fire resistant ability like Thick Fat, which could help its Fire weakness, reducing it back to 2x.
With your suggested Filter, however, that is probably better overall.

The only other thing would be to give it Levitate, similar to how Flygon has Wings but instead of being Flying it has an ability which makes it fit the flying theme.

The justification would be that unlike Empoleon, Delibird actually does fly and even helps Rock Climbers.

Black / White pokedex
“It carries food rolled up in its tail. It has the habit of sharing food with people lost in mountains.”
I have only 3 ability slots, and neither thick fat nor levitate seem to use those slots that well. Would ice steel with flash fire be better?

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
Alright. Here is some amazing support that'll surely be ubers if it existed!
Relicanth
Type: Same one
Ability: Rock Head
Stats: 130/90/110/100/100/70/600 BST
Moves:
Head Smash
Glare
Stealth Rock
Defensive Barrier
What it is Aurora veil with no conditions, but I, no, we realized that it needed nerfs so... It will have -6 Priority, and lasts only 2 turns instead of Four, four if holding terrain extender.
Niche: Very bulky hazard setter, can set up a glare, Head Smash so it has decent offensive Prowess, and Rock head to prevent recoil, but magic guard would be a bit much, so I chose rock head. Defensive Barrier can be for more defensive prowess, but being lower priority than even phasing leaves it vulnerable to Lugia's phasing, as well as only having half the turns active as reflect does. I could see this as a lead, one of the better ways to take on Rayquaza (yes even a D dance eq, with that bulk it has it's bound to take hits) and maybe some more.

Now that's what I call uber support Pokemon! Although it did need nerfs.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I have only 3 ability slots, and neither thick fat nor levitate seem to use those slots that well. Would ice steel with flash fire be better?
Ya, I was only mentioning Levitate and Thick Fat bc you had a great idea and had lots of the lore and justifications for your ideas based on its design.

I wanted to say Flash Fire but wasn’t sure if it was a stretch.

But yes, I would just put Flash Fire and Steel on Delibird to make It function easier in Ubers.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Alright. Here is some amazing support that'll surely be ubers if it existed!
Relicanth
Ability: Prankster
Stats: 130 HP, 90 attack, 140 defense, 160 Sp.Defense, 100 Sp.attack, 50 speed
Moves:
Stealth Rock
Spore/Glare
Defensive barrier (basically Aurora veil, but no conditions needed to set it)
Head Smash

Now that's what I call uber support Pokemon!
Please structure your post like this:

Pokémon:
Typing:
Abilities:
Custom Ability Description:
Stats: HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe | ### BST
New Moves:
Custom Move Information:
Competitive (niche in Ubers):

Please include/add your competitive niche explanation, and ensure it isn’t replacing other Pokémon in the tier.

Your Relicanth’s signature move is overpowered and it needs to be scaled down. Please adjust it according to the Ubers Tier.
Also as Jamis361 said:

“Keep the min-maxing to a minimum. I know we are working with the Ubers tier here, but that is precisely why I only encouraged a 600 BST limit, and did not enforce it. There are a couple of ways to deal with this, but I’ll make one request for now: please keep all non-Speed stats at least above 60 on all subs. This is not a hard rule, per say, but rather just something to keep in mind. Fair subs can still be made with sub-60 stats, for example Scoopapa’s Wailord, which is why I only encourage restraint for now. As for power level, just remember that this is Ubers, i.e. the highest offenses get is more like 180/150/90 itemless, and not like 180/180/115 with a boosting item”

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)