Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

1. Is ditto not affected by sticky web?
2. Does ditto copy hawlucha’s (post-unburden) speed when it transforms?
3. Does metronome reset when the attack misses?
Hi I'm linking both Bulbapedia and Serebii's description, they say if the move is used successfully and consecutively respectively. However, both mean that if your pokemon executes the move metronome will continue stacking (regardless of hitting the opponent or using protect). Only when switching moves will metronome lose its counter.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Metronome_(item)#Effect
https://www.serebii.net/itemdex/metronome.shtml

Last edited:
The wikis aren't really clear on this for me (or maybe my reading comprehension sucks)

Is future sight affected by boosts/specs/psychic terrain?

are there plans to make an OLT discussion thread?

edit: Thanks, guessed I glossed over it while looking at the WCOP thread

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
Do Heal Pulse, Quick Guard, Wide Guard have any practical application in singles format?
No, they don't. Heal Pulse is moreso a Doubles Battle Move as it heals the ally pokémon on your or the opponents side. Quick- and Wideguard protect you and the ally pokémon from spread moves like Blizzard, Precipice Blades and Origin Pulse. Protect is the way to go at a singles batle as the above mentioned attacks won't have any effect in a singles battles at all.

Guys, can anyone explain to me why nidoking can't have hone claws, dynamic punch and sheer force at the same time.
Dynamic punch is a gen 2 tm. So you can transfer a nidoking with dynamic punch from gsc virtual console to xy, which gives it its hidden ability sheer force right?
Then you teach it hone claws in xy and transfer it to usum. I don't see a problem here, but smogon says it's incompatible.

Guys, can anyone explain to me why nidoking can't have hone claws, dynamic punch and sheer force at the same time.
Dynamic punch is a gen 2 tm. So you can transfer a nidoking with dynamic punch from gsc virtual console to xy, which gives it its hidden ability sheer force right?
Then you teach it hone claws in xy and transfer it to usum. I don't see a problem here, but smogon says it's incompatible.
From what I've found online, you cannot transfer Pokemon from the GSC virtual console to Pokemon X and Y, only to Pokemon Sun and Moon. You're probably better off asking the question here, though, since people there can most likely give you a more definitive answer.

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The wikis aren't really clear on this for me (or maybe my reading comprehension sucks)

Is future sight affected by boosts/specs/psychic terrain?
Yes, it is
I'm unsure on Psychic Terrain, but Future Sight is only affected by items or boosts if the Pokemon that originally used the move is in when it hits. It won't get the Specs boost in gen 7 unless you have the original user w/ Specs out when it comes down. You can also use Future Sight, then use Nasty Plot, and if you stay in the late Nasty Plot boost will still boost Future Sight's power.

What reliably defensively walls rest, tail glow, scald, psychic waterium manaphy with damp rock support? That shit smashes chansey, gastro, unaware mons, even ferro without hp fire. The only answer i've seen on fat balances and stalls is shedninja since manaphy doesn't run hp fire but shedninja is just generally ass and doesn't help wall anything else outside of some of the tapus. I haven't seen anything else to counter this defensively especially since toxic doesn't work and +6 rain z water kills absolutely everything. I've seen a few weird techs like z grass ferrothorn (which takes like 90 from rain z water after only 1 tail glow), spdef unaware clef (which is a complete non-answer), ditto (which can't even reverse sweep rain unless ferrothorn is dead) and scarf thunder magnezone (which is a cool tech, but worse for trapping other wallbreakers).

What reliably defensively walls rest, tail glow, scald, psychic waterium manaphy with damp rock support? That shit smashes chansey, gastro, unaware mons, even ferro without hp fire. The only answer i've seen on fat balances and stalls is shedninja since manaphy doesn't run hp fire but shedninja is just generally ass and doesn't help wall anything else outside of some of the tapus. I haven't seen anything else to counter this defensively especially since toxic doesn't work and +6 rain z water kills absolutely everything. I've seen a few weird techs like z grass ferrothorn (which takes like 90 from rain z water after only 1 tail glow), spdef unaware clef (which is a complete non-answer), ditto (which can't even reverse sweep rain unless ferrothorn is dead) and scarf thunder magnezone (which is a cool tech, but worse for trapping other wallbreakers).
Water Absorb Cacturne

Mantine, Thunder/Thunderbolt Mega-Latias (cm could suffice too depending on the circumstances), Protect Ferrothorn / Tapu Bulu and predict the Z, Clear Smog Gastrodon;

It can however run Ice Beam or Energy Ball over the Psychic slot specifically but that can let Toxapex answer it and Venu gets a bit more annoying as well.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In addition to what Charmflash listed above, Pyukumuku and Shedinja are more niche stall options that wall virtually every Manaphy set used right now

Last edited:
What's the deal with OU analysis for Weavile listing Pickpocket as the preferred ability? I thought pressure was superior so you dont accidentally snag some ass item?

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
What's the deal with OU analysis for Weavile listing Pickpocket as the preferred ability? I thought pressure was superior so you dont accidentally snag some ass item?
Snagging an item after having your own knocked off is generally good, not bad (it's only bad if you steal Choice Specs or Black Sludge really, in which case it still has the upside of the opponent losing it). Weavile doesn't have the bulk to effectively utilize Pressure.

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
Pickpocket doesn't show wether you are Scarf or not, and pressure makes Weavile a bit more predictable and shows if it is Choice Band or Choice Scarf leading to some mind games - also you can snatch an Item with the ability Pickpocket if physical contact has happened in case you lost your item beforehand.

Last edited:
Pickpocket doesn't show wether you are Scarf or not, asd pressure makes Weavile a bit more predictable and shows if it is Choice Band or Choice Scarf leading to some mind games - also you can snatch an Item with the ability Pickpocket if physical contact has happened in case you lost your item beforehand.
I am now woke thanks dood

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)