World Cup of 1v1 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
s/o post

I had a lot of trust in Frita even winning the tour going in, since we had so many strong and consistent players. But I guess rnGod said "no" and haxed us into defeat.

NotFrancy so sad you had to lose like that, I know you're a very good player but you lacked in determination and willingness to prepare. I'm sure you would've gone 3-0 with some good prep (and without getting haxed)

Close huge rip on both LT and the fact that the wc starting time screwed you over. You still gave your best and I hope to take part in other team tours with you.

DenisTheMenace had so much trust in your skills and you proved it, always putting so much effort in your teams and giving your best cheering for others. Truly a GOAT

AltCauseImInsecure pretty much my master. I'll never forget that Ambipom team. Looked forward to play with you in a team tour since I started playing 1v1. I knew you had huge potential and you showed it. Good luck during the next tours

Tom842 big sadderoni on your game. I was willing to let you play more than one game to redeem yourself since you had the capacity to do it but unfortunately we didn't have a way to do that. Still, greatly appreciated your support in teambuilding in all the channels, truly a team player.

XSTATIC COLD I don't get why people talk so much trash on you, you're a cool dude. You gave your best when it mattered the most and would've gone 3-0, if it wasn't for the hax that cursed our series. Appreciated having you on the team

Lancer Fr the French God. Second time we're on a team together and I appreciate your company more everytime. I'm glad you took on the challenge to play ORAS even though you haven't played it in a very long time, and you still crushed it. You're the second haxed brother but there's nothing you can do about it, don't worry.

stableprince569 what a dumbass smh

TogliBabineBoeuf my boss and companion, truly a pleasure to collaborate with you to make this amazing team possible. You had some good ideas and captained in an exemplary way all the way through. Not only that, you also went all out in DPP, unfortunate that your last game against xJoe was no joy, since the tour was already over for us. Can't wait to come back next year with you

Solerme LaBalladeDesCieux Winkata sorry if you weren't able to play, I was confident we were gonna make poffs and I was sure you were gonna crush it in semis and finals. Still greatly appreciate your support with building, testing and cheering.

SolarflareRo my best buddy, thanks for helping me develop knowledge in a meta I hadn't played yet. Your help was crucial for my wins (sorry I couldn't beat ima :c)

Kaif dumbass almost got us banned smh. Sorry for haxing you #banrachi and thanks for helping me prep and practice even tho we were against each other

s/o to osra for hosting the tour in an excellent way, Quote for being the best RO like no one ever was, Freddy for being a good mod even tho people don't give him credit

sorry deg if me and Kaif almost got you banned as well meow

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor
cabbages getting banned is absurd considering you let kaif and stable off scot free despite participating in something magnitudes worse. removing a player from playoffs over this is much worse for the integrity of the tournament than whatever the perceived speculation was. You're being far to literal and strict in regards to what constitutes ghosting. All known ghosting thats happened this tour, except maybe dez and pasyg, has been at worst speculation (even dez and pasyg was speculation it was just in a private chat) and i would be very interested to see where you found players getting tournament banned for speculation, since you seem so keen on following tournament forums rules so closely. This is a horrible precedent to set and i hope you reverse your decision before the dpp games get played.

dom

Banned deucer.
cabbages getting banned is absurd considering you let kaif and stable off scot free despite participating in something magnitudes worse. removing a player from playoffs over this is much worse for the integrity of the tournament than whatever the perceived speculation was. You're being far to literal and strict in regards to what constitutes ghosting. All known ghosting thats happened this tour, except maybe dez and pasyg, has been at worst speculation (even dez and pasyg was speculation it was just in a private chat) and i would be very interested to see where you found players getting tournament banned for speculation, since you seem so keen on following tournament forums rules so closely. This is a horrible precedent to set and i hope you reverse your decision before the dpp games get played.
I totally agree here. I think glyx has went absolutely overboard in this whole situation, especially considering how Cabbages didn't even intend to ghost, and when saying not to bring "chomper teams" (literally means nothing) he got cut off to make it look like he was ghosting when quite clearly having 0 intent. I think glyx as a whole is taking this WAY too seriously. Scraf and Cabbage's bans are both completely stupid. I think even more so when considering how 1v1 is supposed to be a fun tier where in 1v1pl, tourbanned users were allowed to sign up and play. Additionally, if there was some sort of decently important game on smogtours where someone said "magnet rise here", they would get a 7 minute mute at most. I really don't see why youre going ham, Glyx, when its clearly not working as a deterrent. Cabb being banned in PLAYOFFs is so goddamn stupid when nothing he said actually affected the series, scraf too. Free them both. Pazza at this point is a lost cause (already replaced) and I couldnt care less about him because hes too shitty to play but free him for consistency I guess

DEG

we tangle endlessly
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Have to agree. People here been witch hunting and not really trying to catch ghosting by surprise. None of these useless chat comments really affected any sort of game, and why would two players listen to some memey, bad chat advice lmao. I advice for such decisions to be looked over again, and the punishments removed as they make no sense whatsoever. This isn't really ghosting, this isn't really something punishable by 1v1 tour bans, this is just some bad memes that people enjoy and that's why modchat exists, to block any sort of incoming bad memes, could seriously defend my opinion with more than that but it doesn't really affect me that much. As soon as it starts affecting the 1v1 community on a larger scale I'll care but for now just reconsider the decisions and rules.

pasy_g

Banned deucer.
my speculations are so good id call them flawless predictions at this point

imagine being benched in 1v1 wcop
especially when half your team gets banned noob

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
real talk imagine not banning a pserson that literally typed in the chat that was ghosting them becuase "tehy weren't reading the chat" lmaoooooooooooo like how stupid do you have ot be to let that slide lol. and then not banning people who fucking played in call? And then banning people for obvious memes... none of these are fuckin tourban worthy

have fun staying an unofficial meta forever lmao remind me why this person is even allowed to host?

I would also like to defend Osra for a second here. How dumb is this community? Like honestly, how many people have to get in trouble for you guys to stop?

You deserve to get banned for saying go chomper every game. It's annoying and it has literally never been funny. It will never be funny. Read this part aloud, I AM NOT COOL FOR TYPING GO CHOMPER IN CHAT.

Its ridiculous that Osra has to tell you this over and over and over. This is why the 13 years old or over rule exists for smogon. If you cant help yourself from spamming that dumbass phrase please just quit mons and go play Fortnite with the other 8 year olds.

While I agree the bans are harsh for such a small "crime", they are deserved because everyone knows its against the rules and you all still do it every game. You should be banned for sheer stupidity.

It's not fair to Osra to start ripping on her for trying to keep you all in line. The community is straight up out of control. We have some of the worst most toxic users I've ever come across on PS. Even if you're just "trolling", being racist and calling people retards 24/7 is just horrible to even experience. And even worse you all think you are so much better than everyone else.

I genuinely think we need a staff overhaul because currently our staff cannot keep everyone under control. Let people quit, get the toxic users out of here. We get new faces every tour who want to try to learn. Let's help them improve and try to improve the community as a whole.

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
I would also like to defend Osra for a second here. How dumb is this community? Like honestly, how many people have to get in trouble for you guys to stop?

You deserve to get banned for saying go chomper every game. It's annoying and it has literally never been funny. It will never be funny. Read this part aloud, I AM NOT COOL FOR TYPING GO CHOMPER IN CHAT.

Its ridiculous that Osra has to tell you this over and over and over. This is why the 13 years old or over rule exists for smogon. If you cant help yourself from spamming that dumbass phrase please just quit mons and go play Fortnite with the other 8 year olds.

While I agree the bans are harsh for such a small "crime", they are deserved because everyone knows its against the rules and you all still do it every game. You should be banned for sheer stupidity.

It's not fair to Osra to start ripping on her for trying to keep you all in line. The community is straight up out of control. We have some of the worst most toxic users I've ever come across on PS. Even if you're just "trolling", being racist and calling people retards 24/7 is just horrible to even experience. And even worse you all think you are so much better than everyone else.

I genuinely think we need a staff overhaul because currently our staff cannot keep everyone under control. Let people quit, get the toxic users out of here. We get new faces every tour who want to try to learn. Let's help them improve and try to improve the community as a whole.
ok buddy
just cause its annoying doesnt mean its banworthy like lmao if it doesnt break the rules, its not banworthy. its obviously not ghosting. its not even speculation. its just a meme, and a very obvious one at that. just because you dont like doesnt meant it should be banned.

if you feel its spam/toxic chat then that should be handled in the chat but that should not be tied to being tourbanned at all in any way lmao.

I legit wonder if you're hearing yourself talk - "people who spam a meme should be banned for ghosting."

ok buddy
just cause its annoying doesnt mean its banworthy like lmao if it doesnt break the rules, its not banworthy. its obviously not ghosting. its not even speculation. its just a meme, and a very obvious one at that. just because you dont like doesnt meant it should be banned.

if you feel its spam/toxic chat then that should be handled in the chat but that should not be tied to being tourbanned at all in any way lmao.

I legit wonder if you're hearing yourself talk - "people who spam a meme should be banned for ghosting."
If the TD says something is ghosting and you do it anyway you should be banned.

Dont at me again. Idk who you even are.

Honestly dont even post if you dont have anything productive to say beside making fun of users and typing lmao after everything

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
While at first I didn't approve of multi-month tourbans for this sort of behaviour (outside of obvious ghosting cases) I realised that it's probably a necessary evil at this point because as Cash stated, you guys just won't stop. 1v1 is supposed to be a fun tier, but when you're in these environments you're expected to show at least a bit of decorum. We have rules for a reason. When you constantly tiptoe the line and provoke us you're going to get in trouble for it.

We'll review all of the punishments done during this tournament once it has concluded. It does bug me how severe some of these punishments are, but goddamn, y'all aren't fuckin funny. Just grow up a little bit and stop being so unbearable. It's embarrassing.

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
Last edited:

8 year old fortnite gang unite

Yeah, these "ghosting" punishments are far too harsh, at least in my opinion. I don't think that anyone deserves a ban for this kind of thing. It's a minor annoyance being blown out of proportion. Nobody likes these punishments, so at least we're on the same side about something.

But if we've gotten to the point of being banned over speculation, just don't speculate! This isn't to blame anyone that has been banned thus far, it's advice so we can stop being banned for these silly reasons. At this point, it seems clear as to what is considered "banworthy" (a lot), so if you do it, at least you know what's coming. Again, this isn't to say that the punishments so far are justified, but we know what to avoid, and we can keep it in mind until this godawful tour is over. Stay safe, friends

While not being in the best position to talk about the subject, being that I've been graced with Kaif for a rule violation that was much worse (even though the context implied that no ghosting was present, but so you could say for other scenarios), I'd still like to tell my opinion.

While some of the punishments are indeed harsh, too harsh maybe, if we want 1v1 to be respected as an actual tier like most people want we need its users to act accordingly. Which means not abusing the same two "go chomper" and "don't jet" memes, especially when they could affect the outcome of the match, and taking official tournament a bit more seriously.
Most of these scenarios don't even directly involve ghosting, it's only being used as an excuse for better discipline.

If we wanna talk ghosting, that's a real problem that should be tackled. While it is pretty much impossible to assure that a player is not ghosting, there are ways to prevent things like the pasy_g and Dez situation. I already suggested Osra to join every team's Discord channel, since part of the ghosting comes from there, with people initially memeing and getting tricked by the "safety" of the situation, converting the situation into straight up ghosting, and I encourage her to do this while playoffs are going on. If some people decide to ghost in private messages then that's that, nothing can be done about it unless someone snakes, but more strict ruling might reduce these kinds of events.

btw real talk, tf do people ghost for? It's a tournament from an obscure Pokemon metagame, it's not like your whole professional reputation depends on your record. Just play to have fun goddammit.
also don't be dumb like pazza smh

Last edited:

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor

Id Go Chomper Here

also stable wanna get in a call and play fortnite ;);)

these punishments are rly funny and that's my opinion LOOOL enjoy 27 year old grown ass man Cash calling children retards thats kinda mean bro #freepazza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)