Project Can you make me...

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
Approved by Quote

That's right, the project dating back to the old 1v1 discord is back
Can you make me...

The set building thread

Hello and welcome to the set workshop, setbuilding thread, "Can you make me..." whatever you want to call it. Point is, it exists.
This is where you go if you want to have a set made for a specific something, or if you want to help people create sets for specific somethings.

Rules for requesting sets

• If you want to have a set made, just reply to the thread saying what you want the set for.
  • Don't ask for solutions to problems that clearly don't require a difficult solution. "I want a set that beats Golem" just isn't gonna cut it
  • Feel free to request specific pokemon ("I want a Rhyperior set that beats Latios") but keep in mind that the matchup you're trying to win might not be possible.
  • If you don't mind the setbuilders going a bit crazy you can specify that in your post, if you don't then you'll probably get something viable (if possible)
  • You can request sets for old gens or OMs (and 2v2 if you really want to) but know that the main purpose of this thread is SM 1v1

Rules for posting sets

• To submit a set, simply tag or quote the person who requested the set, and post the set with relevant details. Details include:
    • Which requirements the set doesn't meet (if anything)
    • How the set beats what it's supposed to
    • If you made EVs for anything not requested, mention those too.
  • Try to build sets that are at least somewhat viable in the 1v1 metagame (unless the requester says otherwise). It's really great that you can beat Ferrothorn with Darumaka but that's not what we're here for.
  • Have fun! If you don't enjoy this then why are you doing it.
If you want to make sets but you think you're bad, there's this post on EVs that I made 2 years ago. It's old and partially outdated (and even wrong in a few places), and it also uses examples that are now banned, but it's better than nothing I guess.

Happy laddering!
or setbuilding

I feel like I forgot like 20 things but I'm sure it'll be fine

Felucia

Robot Empress
Code:
Articuno @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 184 HP / 100 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Freeze-Dry
- Hurricane
- Roost
184 HP takes less than 50% damage from a dragonite's +1 outrage so you can just kinda roost that off and freeze dry twice to win. Reflect Roost also beats Gyarados (You don't need roost for that but you look cool doing it). Z-Hurricane makes Kommo-O a victory and that's really all I could come up with to justify using Articuno ever Tom842

Edit: Forgot to mention the speed is also for dragonite and gyarados (and Venusaur rof)

Kingdra @ Dragonium Z / Waterium Z
Ability: Sniper
- Yawn
- Endure / Protect
- Laser Focus
- Draco Meteor / Hydro Pump

Osra made a pretty cool set a while back but no one remembers the EVs. I'd like if someone could find a good EV Spread. Thanks and have a nice day

can you make a durant absol mega set?
Mace & I made a set with wish but found out it was incompatible with hex. I decided to just give it snarl for the stab move, as well as its effects of lowering the Special Attack stat & being a voice move.

eg.png

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 24 SpA / 12 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Snarl
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind

0 SpA Absol-Mega Hex (130 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 120-142 (33.6 - 39.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after burn damage

like sure you live but then what

Cresselia (F) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 200 HP / 248 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Skill Swap
- Reflect
- Moonlight
- Psychic

200Hp and 248+Def combined with zReflect allow Cresselia to bulk through all of Dragonite and Charizard's physical attacks, 60 speed EVs give it the ability to outspeed mons with base 100 speed thanks to ZSkillSwap.

I decided to use Psychic as a damaging move to take advantage of STAB but it can be replaced with Ice Beam if you want.

To beat Dnite and Zardx, you always start off with ZReflect t1, then the next turn use Skill Swap to trade abilities and gain Multiscale/Tough Claws(if you dont you lose to BDrum ZardX) then alternate Psychic and Moonlight to win(remember to set up Reflect after it ends).

To beat ZardY however, you have to use the afromentioned ZSkillSwap, to outspeed it and stall out the sun, then win(if you dont get flinched t1).

Hopefully this set is ok for you Dragonmirror

Note: the EVs can probably be optimized

Last edited:

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Dragonmirror

Image result for cresselia

Cresselia @ Psychium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Reflect
- Moonlight
- Psychic

To beat zardx and dnite you start off with reflect/z-reflect (either is fine I think) and then you alternate between psychic and moonlight. It beats zardy by alternating between calm mind and moonlight and then you crush it with Z-Psychic.

EVs can be optimized, this is just for maximum bulk.

View attachment 191412
Can someone make me an articuno set?
Heatercuno (Articuno) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard
- Ancient Power
- Endure
this one is purely for finding a chary and killing it

View attachment 191526

Cresselia (F) @ Psychium Z
EVs: 200 HP / 248 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Skill Swap
- Reflect
- Moonlight
- Psychic

200Hp and 248+Def combined with zReflect allow Cresselia to bulk through all of Dragonite and Charizard's physical attacks, 60 speed EVs give it the ability to outspeed mons with base 100 speed thanks to ZSkillSwap.

I decided to use Psychic as a damaging move to take advantage of STAB but it can be replaced with Ice Beam if you want.

To beat Dnite and Zardx, you always start off with ZReflect t1, then the next turn use Skill Swap to trade abilities and gain Multiscale/Tough Claws(if you dont you lose to BDrum ZardX) then alternate Psychic and Moonlight to win(remember to set up Reflect after it ends).

To beat ZardY however, you have to use the afromentioned ZSkillSwap, to outspeed it and stall out the sun, then win(if you dont get flinched t1).

Hopefully this set is ok for you Dragonmirror

Note: the EVs can probably be optimized
I've run Z-Future sight on power alone and it can be lined up where future sight and z-future sight land on the same turn so food for thought if you need options.

Cresselia @ Psychium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Future Sight
- Toxic
- Moonlight
- Protect

ignore evs but toxic and protect are to chip damage until the future sight z future sight turn. Toxic>Protect>Future sight>Moonlight>Z-future sight (optional protect here if they still are not dead)

Last edited:

Felucia

Robot Empress
Can someone make me a Ferrothorn set that beats at least Lopunny and Magearna?

I don't know if it's possible but I don't have time to check right now

For the purpose of this, assume HP Fire Magearna doesn't exist. However you do have to account for Fire Punch Lopunny

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I mean this is PA's but
UnleashOurPassion

Ferrothorn @ Grassium Z
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Atk / 112 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Substitute
- Protect

Protect to block a fake out from Mega Lopunny and then live a High Jump Kick to then kill with Bloom Doom. Substitute helps against Magearna since it doesn't really have any good ways of getting rid of it. Substitute also just blocks pain split which means it's not gonna have any recovery. The EVs are for living a High Jump Kick and also having a 25% chance against Gallade.

Ferrothorn @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Confide

So I made this because the one above doesn't take in account the Lopunny subbing turn one. So I made whatever tf this is my mind came up with at 5am. You live fake out & hjk. hjk alone will put you into custap range. gyro will deal around 60% each time giving you the win vs jolly lopunny since adamant KOs by a good marge.

The magearna match up I can track in my head. But basically confine cancels out calm mind. Magearna needs +2 to two shot you with z move and fleur cannon. Swords Dance is to give you +6 to their +6. If they try to kill you with attacks and pain splits they weaken you down to where you get 2 attacks off. A neutral gyro does 34%. This match up takes time, but should get the job done unless I am missing something. Note: 5am mind :p

• Haha
Reactions: dom
Can someone make me a Ferrothorn set that beats at least Lopunny and Magearna?

I don't know if it's possible but I don't have time to check right now

For the purpose of this, assume HP Fire Magearna doesn't exist. However you do have to account for Fire Punch Lopunny

Ferrothorn @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Confide

So I made this because the one above doesn't take in account the Lopunny subbing turn one. So I made whatever tf this is my mind came up with at 5am. You live fake out & hjk. hjk alone will put you into custap range. gyro will deal around 60% each time giving you the win vs jolly lopunny since adamant KOs by a good marge.

The magearna match up I can track in my head. But basically confine cancels out calm mind. Magearna needs +2 to two shot you with z move and fleur cannon. Swords Dance is to give you +6 to their +6. If they try to kill you with attacks and pain splits they weaken you down to where you get 2 attacks off. A neutral gyro does 34%. This match up takes time, but should get the job done. Note: 5am brain :p UnleashOurPassion

Can someone make me a Mega Houndoom set?
Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 168 SpA / 108 SpD / 232 Spe
Serious Nature
- Snarl
- Overheat
- Nasty Plot / Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp

Mega Houndoom tanks a Magneton's Electroweb + Z - Zap Cannon at -1. Will-o-wisp makes tanking Mega Metagross easier

Against Magneton:
  • -1 252 SpA Magneton Gigavolt Havoc (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 108 SpD Houndoom-Mega: 190-225 (65.2 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • -1 252 SpA Magneton Electroweb vs. 0 HP / 108 SpD Houndoom-Mega: 55-66 (18.9 - 22.6%) -- possible 5HKO

Against Mega Metagross:
  • 252+ Atk Tough Claws burned Metagross-Mega Hammer Arm vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Houndoom-Mega: 184-217 (63.2 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Tough Claws burned Metagross-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Houndoom-Mega: 27-33 (9.2 - 11.3%) -- possible 9HKO

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 172 HP / 240 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Dark Pulse

Details:
Primarina seems to be used with the following evs in a ladder at 1500 -> Bold:252/0/240/12/4/0 14.116%. In addition to that, 12 SpA Primarina Oceanic Operetta vs. 172 HP / 4 SpD Houndoom-Mega in Sun: 282-332 (84.4 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Solar Power damage / 240 SpA Solar Power Houndoom-Mega Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Primarina in Sun: 362-426 (99.4 - 117%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO / 0- Atk Primarina Aqua Jet vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Houndoom-Mega in Sun: 32-38 (9.5 - 11.3%) and if you don't jet you could potentially win.

Last edited:
Can someone make me a Toucannon set? I need to rep my girl Kahili.

Froot Luips (Toucannon) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Skill Link
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 2
EVs: 40 HP / 236 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Beak Blast
- Feather Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Roost

I've calced it to beat out Donphan, Lopunny, Crustle, Fear, and it could beat even more:
  • The bulk is built around Lopunny, the speed is to outpace the sets list Kommo, add more speed if needed
  • Beak blast is a priority burn followed by a negative priority move. Z does 180
  • Roost removes your flying type when healing, and Z-roost can wipe away intimidates, charms, rock tombs...
  • Feather Dance drops the foe's attack by two, Z-F Dance raises your def by one
  • Z-status goes through taunt.
This toucannon beats out Donphan with Z-Feather Dance and Bullet Seed:
Choice donphan:
Turn 1: Use Z-Feather Dance, Donphan locks itself into head smash
-2 252+ Atk Choice Band Donphan Head Smash vs. +1 0 HP / 24 Def Toucannon: 210-248 (69.7 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Turn 2: Roost, Theyll head smash again but it won't be super effective thanks to roost
-2 252+ Atk Choice Band Donphan Head Smash vs. +1 0 HP / 24 Def Toucannon: 105-124 (34.8 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
You will be at 26.6-45.5% health, leaving you with stalling until donphan is out of its 8 head smashes or gaining enough HP to Bullet seed
252 Atk Toucannon Bullet Seed (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Donphan: 190-230 (49.4 - 59.8%) -- approx. 99.6% chance to 2HKO
Advice: always go for the kill when youre in range against band phan.

Choice Phan locks itself into Ice Shard:
252+ Atk Choice Band Donphan Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Toucannon: 84-99 (27.9 - 32.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
-2 252+ Atk Choice Band Donphan Ice Shard vs. +1 0 HP / 24 Def Toucannon: 28-34 (9.3 - 11.2%) -- possible 9HKO

Here it is against Lopunny
T1: Lopunny uses fakeout, you use beak blast but flinch
252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Fake Out vs. 40 HP / 236 Def Toucannon: 66-78 (21.2 - 25%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO

T2: They use Giga Impact (or weaker) You use Z-Beak Blast
252 Atk burned Lopunny-Mega Giga Impact vs. 40 HP / 236 Def Toucannon: 122-144 (39.2 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 Atk Toucannon Supersonic Skystrike (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Lopunny-Mega: 372-440 (111.3 - 131.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Should they try anything like sub, you can always try hitting through it with bullet seed or just roosting as the burns chip them away.

Should they go straight for the big hit instead of getting burned on the fake out:
252 Atk Lopunny-Mega Giga Impact vs. 40 HP / 236 Def Toucannon: 244-288 (78.4 - 92.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Lopunny-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 40 HP / 236 Def Toucannon: 211-250 (67.8 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Lopunny goes straight for Giga
Adamant: Way too strong but not impossible
T1: they fake out, you beak blast and flinch
252+ Atk Lopunny-Mega Fake Out vs. 40 HP / 236 Def Toucannon: 72-85 (23.1 - 27.3%) -- 61% chance to 4HKO

T2: They impact and you z-beak blast
252+ Atk burned Lopunny-Mega Giga Impact vs. 40 HP / 236 Def Toucannon: 134-158 (43 - 50.8%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO

Lop has the best chance of winning by leading with impact
252+ Atk Lopunny-Mega Giga Impact vs. 40 HP / 236 Def Toucannon: 268-316 (86.1 - 101.6%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
You have 12.5% of getting one beak blast off and killing them with z.

If you do not lead with beak blast, you are playing mind games on whether they sub or hit you. When you hit beak blast you cover both options.

Kommo-O
You outspeed both the 56 and the 112 set (by one point lol) but it heavily depends on you outspeeding
0 Atk Toucannon Supersonic Skystrike (180 BP) vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Kommo-o: 372-440 (105.9 - 125.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Toucannon Supersonic Skystrike (180 BP) vs. 136 HP / 92 Def Kommo-o: 348-410 (107 - 126.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Riolu and Fear: you have a mix of negative priority in beak blast to get behind riolu's dig stall (bc it can't hurt you) and bullet seed for weak sturdy.

Crustle:
Z-Feather dance the crustle
-2 252 Atk Crustle Continental Crush (200 BP) vs. +1 40 HP / 236 Def Toucannon: 182-216 (58.5 - 69.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
You roost:
-2 252 Atk Crustle Rock Wrecker vs. +1 40 HP / 236 Def Toucannon: 67-81 (21.5 - 26%) -- 2.7% chance to 4HKO
Both Feather dance and Shell smash have 24 PP
252 Atk Crustle Continental Crush (200 BP) vs. +1 40 HP / 236 Def Toucannon: 181-214 (58.1 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If you can lure the crustle into continuously shell smashing by feather dancing
0 Atk Toucannon Bullet Seed (5 hits) vs. -4 0 HP / 0 Def Crustle: 265-315 (94.3 - 112%) -- approx. 87.5% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Toucannon Bullet Seed (5 hits) vs. -5 0 HP / 0 Def Crustle: 310-365 (110.3 - 129.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

EDIT: Touc will only beat crustle if crustle refuses to shell smash

More to try out: Venusaur (z-BB or Z-roost if they charm), Jirachi (beak blast and feather dance spam), Gyarados (z-roost removes intimidate, bb burns, feather dance ruins dragon, bullet seed does damage)

Other things to try: Sheer force Power Herb Sky Attack, Sheer Force Z-Mirror Move + Sky attack, or Just giga impact instead of seeds

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)