SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Right now it seems that one person has the game and he is the primary source of these screenshots. You'll want to watch Kaphotics/projectpokemon/whatever hackers since when they get the game they'll be datamining.
EDIT: Ninja'd 2x

RE: Dark gym, postgame: I'm repeating myself here but a lot of twitter guys seem to be parroting 4chan's anonymice or fishing for likes. For every real leak there's 1000 liars.

EDIT2: I can't even find a source for these posts.

Dark apparently comes from the same Spanish tweeter.

EDIT3: Lol
View attachment 203904
The English version of that tweet says "apparently".

They just catching all the info they can and passing it like a deranged Passimian. This is nothing but a random text leak. No source.

Sorry guys! No more new leaks. @PKMNLeaks messed up. He wasn’t supposed to release those leaks until the leakers identity was safe. Now the leaker won’t be releasing anything else because his identity got exposed.​
To put things simply: A leaker in our server had come to a staff member with the pictures. They were put in the staff channel we’re not supposed to be sent out as we wanted to protect the leakers identity. However, blaul, or @PKMNLeaks , jumped the gun and exposed the leaker.​

1572826226513.png

This is dumb.
-----

So my running theory now is that there's separate leakers. One posts directly to 4chan and there's another leaker in contact with the twitter guys, so I guess those may have some credence to them.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
I'll concede on being trigger happy on the pseudo-legendary, but I honestly don't think the hat based line is based on anything but "hats" and "hat-on-a-mannequin"
also while Alcremie's name alludes to it been based on a homunculus I fear that much like Kommo-o that might be localization fiat and not its intended inspiration

like I gladly be proved wrong but to date I yet to seen any explanation for Meltan's origin that isn't my own
I'd really just reserve judgement for now tbh, like any pokemon based on an object is a yokai so you never know

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Ok wait, stop stop

look new pokemon are always great, but what are many of these new pokemon based on?

Pokemon have 5 type of inspirations for the most part; animals, plants, mythological creatures, (japanese) pop culture and natural formations

yes we all know the casual or not-even-familiar-with-the-franchise fan that claims that Chandelure and Vanilluxe are just "objects" but part of what makes pokemon interesting is that their origins are much deeper than that

and I'm not saying Gamefreak should limit themselves, but really a plane? a hat? such superficial inspirations make me sad for the franchise :(
Not sure if this related but I've made a Repository List of animals, plants, objects, concepts, and mythical creatures that have yet to be made into Pokemon. Once SwSh comes out I plan on going over all inspirations and removing the ones the new Pokemon are based on (as well as adding a batch I'm gathered since then) among other things.

I don't pay attention at this for, like, two hours and hell rains lol
If you think it's crazy looking at the aftermath think how it was when it was happening? The world was revolving.

Edit: Say, Toby Fox said he was asked to make music for the game... do you maybe think he may have also been allowed to participate in a creation of a Pokemon?

GameFreak, you had such a good track record with fossils, why did you make the new ones looks so fucking horrible
Yeah, I like this concept BUT I'm not sure I like the result.

Wow, so many new Pkm. Do we know how many new Pkm (not counting Galartian forms) we have? I feel like this is more than XY and SM had. Apropos Galarian forms, honestly, I'm quite surprised how well they are designed. I like almost everyone one of them. It's only Mr. Rime that I don't like, but whatever. I noticed Ice Pkm get some love. First, we have Ice/Bug, then a Galarian Darmanitan. Now, this is interesting because it is hella strong and decently fast. So, if it ends up being an effective wallbreaker, I wouldn't mind it, especially if it were to get a Fighting type. Also, I wonder if we'll get a Galarian form for its other form. You know, it's zen-mode or whatever it is called. This could be a great opportunity for an Ice/Psychic combo. hopefully, it's not that difficult to get that form...

As for the newest batch of Pkm, it took me some time to get used to the art style. But the more I looked at them, the more I got used to it to the point where I even like most of them. Although I'm no huge fan of dragon Pkm, it's nice to see many different dragon Pkm. And apparently, we have four fossil dragons? If that's the case, I don't really see a Rock type, which would be a first for a revived Pkm! That's actually interesting and would indicate that some researchers made progress in science or whatever they did to make a possibly non Rock fossil Pkm.

I hope we'll get the pseudo legendary as early as possible. It reminds me of Virizion, except that this one here looks so endearing and funny. It would be actually cool if it really were a Ghost/Dragon. Kinda looks fast, which would make it different from Giratina.

Then, we have another Psychic/Fairy Pkm... At least, I hope, one of them is Fairy/Psychic since we don't have this type combo in this order, I think. I don't know what more you can with such a type. Tapu Lele mostly outclasses Mega Gardevoir, and they are both wallbreaker. Mr.Mime is a nice supporter, and Galarian Rapidash could be a physical orientated sweeper. But that hat Pkm? Hmmm, let's hope it's a slow Pkm that could benefit from Trick Room in VGC or it fills a completely different niche we don't have currently, but I don't know which one. So...

Yeah, at this point, it's pretty hard for me to build a team. I'm a fan of water Pkm, but it doesn't look like there'll be lots of different new water Pkm, and some of the non water Pkm look really intriguing.

Anyway, I'm actually glad that there is much to choose from. I can't wait to learn more about the kind of life and background the new Pkm have.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Any base stats yet?
This info came from 4chan, take it with a huge grain of salt as anyone could have made this up:

Rillaboom
Type: Grass
Ability: Overgrow / Intimidate (HA)
HP: 100
Atk: 110
Def: 85
Sp Atk: 100
Sp Def: 85
Spe: 50

Cinderace
Type: Fire
Ability: Blaze / Swift Feet (HA, boosts kicking moves)
HP: 70
Atk: 124
Def: 76
Sp Atk: 74
Sp Def: 56
Spe: 130

Intelleon
Type: Water
Ability: Torrent / Color Change (HA)
HP: 85
Atk: 75
Def: 65
Sp Atk: 120
Spe: 100

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Shitty drama aside, at least we got some breathing room now.

Remember when I asked y'all those 3 questions about your new fav mons, Galarian forms and Gigantamaxes? Well after this round of reveals, have any of those opinions changed for you?
Alright since I'm a cold hearted trainer that only cares about competitive viability, just note that my 3 mons are not based off of looks!

fave mon: Zacian. I saw that part Fairy typing, that makes me excited! If it's part Steel, good lord that sounds like a hot new Uber, especially with I assume most Ubers got masuda snapped!

fave galar forme: Stunfisk for sure. Ground / Steel is a great typing with Stunfisks's bulk. Plus, I'm hoping it gets arena trap, that'd make it some serious stuff!

fave dynamax: Lapras based off its G-Move, which seems to set up Aurora Veil (and seems to be Ice if that image is any indication). I know Lapras isn't exactly a paragon of power, but even if Gigantamax doesn't change stats beyond HP, Lapras is hella bulky, and an even beefier version with high BP attacks and the ability to set up auora veil and rain with them?! I think that sounds pretty scary!

Remember when I asked y'all those 3 questions about your new fav mons, Galarian forms and Gigantamaxes? Well after this round of reveals, have any of those opinions changed for you?
Favourite new mon is absolutely now Eternatus. I love cosmic horror, and I'm glad we have a legendary most likely making use of the generation's gimmick.

Too bad there's a good chance of there not even being enough ubers to make a full team. Sounds like Zacian and Zamazenta have interesting mechanics with whatever their form change is, though.

1. Fave new mon: if the pseudo really is ghost/dragon, it's getting added to the list with the octopuses and corviknight.
2. Galar form: Cursola is sweet, dunno if I'll have room for it on team, maybe I'll use it until I catch a dreepy, since dreepy is probably late game. Otherwise, still weezing so far, none of the new batch appeals to me.
3. Still drednaw and centiskorch, but drednaw's prevo looks so bad to me that I don't think I'll be using a drednaw.

I do have a few questions based off of observations that I have just made. So, recently I have just watched the Pokémon Movie: I Choose You. Yeah, yeah ik ik. I’m super late and the movie is not canon at all with the original anime series. But, in the movie the (I suppose to be) “Misty substitute“ Verity, has quite a familiar hairstyle... She also looks oddly like the newly announced future Pokémon character, Gou... Could she be somehow related, whether cousin or second cousin? And during the movie, she shows a picture of her mother to Ash. And I kid you not, looks EXACTLY like Serena from the Pokémon X and Y series (without the short haircut)! Could these perhaps appear later in the Sword and Shield Series!? Let me know what you think.

This info came from 4chan, take it with a huge grain of salt as anyone could have made this up:

Rillaboom
Type: Grass
Ability: Overgrow / Intimidate (HA)
HP: 100
Atk: 110
Def: 85
Sp Atk: 100
Spe: 50
BST: 530

Cinderace
Type: Fire
Ability: Blaze / Swift Feet (HA, boosts kicking moves)
HP: 70
Atk: 124
Def: 76
Sp Atk: 74
Sp Def: 56
Speed: 130

Intelleon
Type: Water
Ability: Torrent / Color Change (HA)
HP: 85
Atk: 75
Def: 65
Sp Atk: 120
Spe: 100
A. How would they have the HAs now? Either they can datamine the game and would be posting other stats, which we would have heard about by now or that the starters are in Max Raids and we can get HAs from them and the person got lucky to get all 3 starters.
B. Ditto with the stats. If they didn't didn't datamine then they would have to have hatched and raised dozens of 'mons and have access to the judge to get any reasonable idea of what the base stats could be, much less exact numbers.

Gonna say fake.

I do have a few questions based off of observations that I have just made. So, recently I have just watched the Pokémon Movie: I Choose You. Yeah, yeah ik ik. I’m super late and the movie is not canon at all with the original anime series. But, in the movie the (I suppose to be) “Misty substitute“ Verity, has quite a familiar hairstyle... She also looks oddly like the newly announced future Pokémon character, Gou... Could she be somehow related, whether cousin or second cousin? And during the movie, she shows a picture of her mother to Ash. And I kid you not, looks EXACTLY like Serena from the Pokémon X and Y series (without the short haircut)! Could these perhaps appear later in the Sword and Shield Series!? Let me know what you think.
Other than the picture in the Totem Mimikyu room and Jessie & James in Yellow/Let's Go there aren't many, if any, references to the anime in the games.

Yea obviously, i mean have u seen how amazing galarian corsola is?

My favourite mon is still the icy moth though

corsola dies.png

Corsola Dies

1. Dragapult is really cool and if it's Dragon/Ghost that's even better. I really like a lot of these designs in general, I think Gamefreak did a great job.
2. Galarian Form is possibly Meowth or Weezing, I like their designs.
3. Centiskorch looks super cool in it's Gigantamax, and I think it's base form is also really nice.

I swear, this is the fastest growing thread in all my 6 years of watching smogon threads (yes I was watching before I made an acc).

For gmax formes, I'm really digging Lapras and Garb rn. Champ looks weird, imo.

New minigames?

Hopefully by Friday someone will get a game copy to a dataminer and we can get the full story for these games. I really, REALLY like these designs and I'm hoping that the story and mechanics are up to par with them, at the very least. The only thing I'm concerned about is the 400 Dex number. I knew that we would not have all the pokemon, I just didn't expect the number to go below 450, at worst. Also Yung Dramps can we get an updated dex count when you get the chance?

1. New Fav Mon: Clobbopus. It looks both adorable and threatening, and TPC has really underused Cephalopods as design inspirations.

2. Fav Galar Form: I'm torn between Corsola, because it's both timely and needed the attention, and Mr. Mime, because he looks like he's seen terror.

3. Fav Gigantamax: Butterfree, but that's because it's my favorite mon.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor

1. Nothing is changed much about my favorite new mon (Grimmsnarl), but Applin line, Dragapult and Copperjah are also very nice!

2. Galarian Darmanitan and Corsola are among my new favorites. In term of Regional Evos, Obstagoon remains my favorite, but Mr. Rime seems very interesting. Cursola is definitely worrisome, though.

3. Nothing changed, remains G-Max Alcremie and G-Max Garbodor.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Hopefully by Friday someone will get a game copy to a dataminer and we can get the full story for these games. I really, REALLY like these designs and I'm hoping that the story and mechanics are up to par with them, at the very least. The only thing I'm concerned about is the 400 Dex number. I knew that we would not have all the pokemon, I just didn't expect the number to go below 450, at worst. Also Yung Dramps can we get an updated dex count when you get the chance?

1. New Fav Mon: Clobbopus. It looks both adorable and threatening, and TPC has really underused Cephalopods as design inspirations.

2. Fav Galar Form: I'm torn between Corsola, because it's both timely and needed the attention, and Mr. Mime, because he looks like he's seen terror.

3. Fav Gigantamax: Butterfree, but that's because it's my favorite mon.
I was waiting a bit to do a dex update over worries over this stream of leaks being fake, but at this point it kinda HAS to be real so I'll do that soon. Keep an eye out, although it may take a bit to get any additional mons logged in (eg voltorb was seen in galarfetch'd pic, extra unconfirmed mons in pokedex screenshots)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)