SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
My head canon is the scientists who drink too much marijuana tea made with vodka and these dex entries are made by people that for some reason think their abominations really existed as natural Pokemon.

"Escavalier flies around at very high speeds!"
20 base speed
Maybe whoever wrote that didn't realize Trick Room was in effect. It wouldn't surprise me after seeing what Galarian scientists think.

As actual cart player, allow me to remind you the atrocious amount of itembloat we have *due to signature items*, expecially the ones that come in huge amount of versions (plates/memories/drives)....
I feel like that's a problem with too many of them being focused on a few specific Pokemon that barely get used (the plates and drives alone are 21 items that apply only to Pokemon that most players will never even encounter), the items themselves not being that useful even then, and the fact they keep making them one-of-a-kind things that you get dumped on you when you don't want or need them. (Admittedly, the last point applies to these box legends aswell.)

The actual number of Pokemon that benefit from those items is fairly small, if I recall correctly. There's Farfetch'd, the Latis, Marowak, Chansey, Ditto, the creation trio, Pikachu, Genesect, Silvally and Arceus. I think that's it. Very few of those are actually useful even in metas where the Pokemon is allowed. The rest are all Mega Stones (themselves a significant source of that bloat, especially in SM if you were claiming the events), Z-Crystals or key items pertaining to random legendaries.

To be fair, while it's not as bad as these failed chimeras, real life has some examples of very badly designed animals, usually from islands with fewer predators. For example, the Kakapo is a flightless bird. That in itself isn't too strange, but it occasionally forgets the 'flightless' part and attempts to flee by launching itself out of trees. They attempt to mate only about every five years, which consists of the males going a large distance out of their way to do mating calls that reasonably could have been done closer to home. Oh, and this usually only produces 1-4 eggs per pairing. Unsurprisingly, it's endangered.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Going off the leaked dex, these are all the Basic Pokemon that can still evolve, and therefore would be usable in Little Cup, assuming they are all available at Level 5. Since Little Cup is one of the first tiers to form after a new generation is released, have fun theorycrafting.

Grookey
Scorbunny
Sobble
Blipbug

Caterpie
Grubbin
Hoothoot
Rookidee
Skowvet

Pidove
Nickit
Zigzagoon
Wooloo
Lotad
Seedot
Chewtle
Purrloin
Yamper
Bunnelby
Minccino
Bounsweet
Oddish
Budew
Wingull
Joltik
Electrike
Vulpix (Alola?)
Growlithe
Vanillite
Swinub
Snorunt
Baltoy
Mudbray
Dwebble
Golett
Munna
Natu
Stufful
Snover
Krabby
Wooper
Corphish
Nincada
Tyrogue
Pancham
Klink
Combee (Female)
Bronzor
Ralts
Drifloon
Gossifleur
Cherubi
Stunky
Tympole
Duskull
Machop
Gastly
Magikarp
Goldeen
Remoraid
Shellder
Feebas
Trubbish
Sizzlipede
Rolycoly

Diglett (Alola?)
Drilbur
Roggenrola
Timburr
Woobat
Noibat
Onix
Arrokuda
Meowth (Galarian and Alola?)
Milcery
Cutiefly
Ferroseed
Pumpkaboo
Pichu
Eevee
Applin
Espurr
Swirlix
Spritzee
Dewpider
Wynaut
Farfetch’d
Chinchou
Croagunk
Scraggy
Barboach
Shellos
Wimpod
Binacle
Corsola (Galarian Only)
Impidimp
Hatenna

Salandit
Pawniard
Koffing
Bonsly
Cleffa
Togepi
Munchlax
Cottonee
Rhyhorn
Gothita
Solosis
Karrablast
Shelmet
Elgyem
Cubchoo
Rufflet
Vullaby
Skorupi
Litwik
Inkay
Sneasel (lol)
Riolu
Cufant
Frillish
Mareanie
Toxel
Silicobra

Hippopotas
Helioptile
Trapinch
Axew
Yamask
Honedge
Ponyta
Sinistea
Phantump
Morelull
Snom
Clobbopus

Mantyke
Wailmer
Bergmite
Mime Jr.
Darumaka
Charmander
Type: Null (?)
Larvitar
Deino
Jangmo-o
Goomy
Dreepy

~154 Total
(potentially ~162 including if all regional forms are available)

I don't think I will be buying physical copies of these games, they seem underwhelming for the price tag. Unless there is like a challenge mode added later that is actually difficult, which is all I ever really wanted.

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
I feel like that's a problem with too many of them being focused on a few specific Pokemon that barely get used (the plates and drives alone are 21 items that apply only to Pokemon that most players will never even encounter), the items themselves not being that useful even then, and the fact they keep making them one-of-a-kind things that you get dumped on you when you don't want or need them. (Admittedly, the last point applies to these box legends aswell.)

The actual number of Pokemon that benefit from those items is fairly small, if I recall correctly. There's Farfetch'd, the Latis, Marowak, Chansey, Ditto, the creation trio, Pikachu, Genesect, Silvally and Arceus. I think that's it. Very few of those are actually useful even in metas where the Pokemon is allowed. The rest are all Mega Stones (themselves a significant source of that bloat, especially in SM if you were claiming the events), Z-Crystals or key items pertaining to random legendaries.
And Clamperl, not that it really changes anything

Can anyone give a rough calc on these ?
Assuming perfect IVs and no EVs for all of them:

Dracozolt:

HP: 85-89
Atk:95-99
Def: 90-94
Sp.Atk: 80-84
Sp.Def 70-74
Speed: 60-64

Arctozolt:
HP:90-94
Atk: 100-104
Def: 75-79
Sp.Atk:80-84
Spdef: 80-84
Speed: 50-54

Dracovish:
HP: 90-94
Atk: 95-99
Def: 100-104
Sp.Atk: 55-59
Sp.Def 70-74
Speed: 75-79

Arctovish:
HP: 85-89
Atk: 90-94
Def: 100-104
Sp.Atk 75-79
Sp.Def: 90-94
Speed: 45-49

These stats can be higher if the IVs aren’t perfect of course, but use this as a rough estimate of their potential, not their actual stats. I used Showdown Calc so if anything seems funky let me know and I’ll edit the post.

If
What are their typings again? Those are pretty solid stats and good abilities.
I recall right: Dragon/Electric | Ice/Electric | Dragon/Water | Water/Ice
That aside, they are quite bulky, almost on the level of Incineroar. If they have a useful ability for VGC, they could have a place there.

If

I recall right: Dragon/Electric | Ice/Electric | Dragon/Water | Water/Ice
That aside, they are quite bulky, almost on the level of Incineroar. If they have a useful ability for VGC, they could have a place there.
Arctovish and Dracovish can help stop rain teams/ while also benefitting from the rain in VGC

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Charizard (Gigantamax), Aegislash, Haxorus, Final Starter you're weak to (Rillaboom / Cinderace / Inteleon), Dragapult, 6th Pokémon he forgot.
[/QUOTE]

Leon uses the pseudo-legendary it seems! Much like other Champions before him, he has a Dragapult on his team. The rest of his team sounds super solid, with freaking Aegislash and Haxorus on board plus a Gigantamax Charizard and a Galar starter. This is gonna be a fun Champion battle for sure.

Last edited:
The possibility of having prankster taunt on a setup sweeper with solid stab combo (without mentioning the potential stab priority / stab knockoff) isn't to be underestimated...

But we only know Prankster as its ability, and it very likely has 2 more. It's not to exclude that in the end it wouldn't use Prankster at all anyway
Isn't its other ability supposedly Infiltrator?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)