[Won by MrJelli] Showdown Genius Invitational - Main Match Thread

duck

duck
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
what do you mean?
guys you can't change rules always and after the start of a round. that's stupid

Gimm1ck

#PraiseRufflets
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Apologies - my 3AM brain only sent out some habitat conversations this round. Extending deadline another 48 hours for the time being.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
a) Does the rule that prey can't be eaten when all prey animals are in the same biome even exist, and if so, where is it specified?
b) Does it serve any purpose besides making the final prey animal alive fully invincible for no conceivable reason?
t. salty undead croc

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
a) Does the rule that prey can't be eaten when all prey animals are in the same biome even exist, and if so, where is it specified?
b) Does it serve any purpose besides making the final prey animal alive fully invincible for no conceivable reason?
t. salty undead croc
I can answer A for you. It's on the cards of each prey animal. Well, I call them cards anyway.

Gimm1ck

#PraiseRufflets
t. salty undead croc
1. Any animal with that ability has it in the role PM of the rules page.
2. originally created as a concept for having prey animals work together, but it also functions as rewarding the last prey animal alive.

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
I feel as though the wording on those cards leans more towards allowing the invulnerability only while other prey animals exist. When alone, there are no other prey animals around, so they can't conceivably be in the same biome as them.

I feel as though the wording on those cards leans more towards allowing the invulnerability only while other prey animals exist. When alone, there are no other prey animals around, so they can't conceivably be in the same biome as them.
Yeah... I definitely agree with this. It would have been great if that mechanic was made explicitly clear. If Ivy and I had have been aware of this, I dare say our collective round 3 movements would have been different.

Gimm1ck

#PraiseRufflets
Attention, contestants. Round 4 movement results have been compiled.
All four contestants are in different habitats. Therefore, I am skipping the attacking phase for this round.

MrJelli remains in the River.
Ransei stays in the Savannah and starves to death.
Yoshi remains in the Forest.
SPACE FORCE meeps flies to the Sky.

Congratulations to the survivors of the Food Chain. I will compile individual role PM victories and losses individually. Expect this round's Death Match to begin soon.

Gimm1ck

#PraiseRufflets
Congratulations to those who have met their win conditions. Each of you have received a Token of Life and will be part of a Conversation where you will vote to elect a losing candidate of the pool of players who have not met their win condition.
SPACE FORCE meeps, the Eagle.
Dot Agumon, the Hyena.
MrJelli, the Otter.
-Howkings, the Crow.
Yoshi, the Snake.

Tough luck. One of you will be selected by the winner's bracket as the Death Match candidate. You will then have to pick another player in this pool to face in the Death Match.
fart, the Rabbit.
Faisal, the Goose.
Ransei, the Lion.
duck, the Plover.
Clefable, the Deer.
Ivy, the Crocodile.
11oyd, the Mouse.
Plas, the Chameleon.

Last edited:

Gimm1ck

#PraiseRufflets
Here are the rules for Plas and Faisal's Death Match.

The DM players will be attempting to grab coins from one pot at the same time. The pot will start with 100 coins, and players will privately state the number of coins they wish to take, from 1-5 each round. After both players make their selections, their choices are revealed.

Each player will take the amount of coins selected. However, if a player takes more than their opponent twice in a row, they must discard 1 coin and give 1 coin to their opponent. If the opponent does not have enough to fulfill both requirements, they will discard a coin first if they are able. NOTE, a tie does not break the streak. If a player’s streak goes win-tie-win, they will still need to discard and give 1 coin. Once the special rule comes in to effect, the streak will be reset. That means if someone takes more than their opponent 3 times in a row, they will only need to discard and give once, but would have to be careful with their next move.

The game will end when there are 9 coins or less remaining in the pot. Meaning, after a round where both players steal, if there are 9 or less coins in the pot, the game will end. Whoever has more coins at the end of the game is the winner. If there is a tie, whoever earned more from the special rule: being given more coins from their opponent, will be the winner. If the tiebreaker still results in a tie, there will be a quick, replayed shortened round with 40 coins instead of 100.

Good luck, contestants. Schedule a time where you and a host can meet on PS and fight the DM out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)