SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Considering the fact that Nasty Plot is a TR this gen, I simply cannot imagine Eternatus not getting it. Honestly, if that were to be the case, I really can't see it sticking around in National Dex Uber itself, let alone Galarian Uber. Considering the lowest possible SpA stat this thing can have (145), it OHKO’s every single Supportceus with +2 Life Orb Dynamax Cannon after Stealth Rock or 1 layer of Spikes, except for Fairyceus and Steelceus which get KO’d by Sludge Wave and Fire Blast respectively. It also gets additional boosts from Max Ooze, to the point where even SpD Heatran and Chansey do not stand a chance of walling this thing. On top of that, it is so bulky that even without bulk investment, it has a chance of surviving U-Necrozma’s Neuroforce Photon Geyser, which, paired with its speed, makes it extremely hard to revenge kill (both MGar and Scarf Xern do not even come close). Does anyone have an idea of how to handle this thing? I am utterly lost
Only thing I can think of is like full SpDef Necrozma-Mane setting Trick Room as counterplay (it might even need some anti-type berry like Occa too :blobpensive:)
Might be able to beat it with psychic stab in this scenario

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Considering the fact that Nasty Plot is a TR this gen, I simply cannot imagine Eternatus not getting it. Honestly, if that were to be the case, I really can't see it sticking around in National Dex Uber itself, let alone Galarian Uber. Considering the lowest possible SpA stat this thing can have (145), it OHKO’s every single Supportceus with +2 Life Orb Dynamax Cannon after Stealth Rock or 1 layer of Spikes, except for Fairyceus and Steelceus which get KO’d by Sludge Wave and Fire Blast respectively. It also gets additional boosts from Max Ooze, to the point where even SpD Heatran and Chansey do not stand a chance of walling this thing. On top of that, it is so bulky that even without bulk investment, it has a chance of surviving U-Necrozma’s Neuroforce Photon Geyser, which, paired with its speed, makes it extremely hard to revenge kill (both MGar and Scarf Xern do not even come close). Does anyone have an idea of how to handle this thing? I am utterly lost
It doesn't survive a Neuroforce Photon Geyser from Ultra Necrozma, the calc defaults to Prims Armor.
Still, that thing still is impressive, Naganadel is already good on Ubers, Eternatus is just going to be totally broken

Agreed. We don't even know what its Eternamax form does, but its sig move also completely negates Dynamax as a defence on everything except fairies. Does Specs Mewtwo come anywhere close to a KO? Light That Burns The Sky probably wrecks it, especially if boosted.

The two other cover legends also seem like possible AG candidates, given that they're at least 700BST, have really good abilities and their stat spreads are *very* well optimised. All three legends outspeed most of the meta, too. Not to mention that they can also negate Dynamax as a defence, this time with types that don't have immunities

Goes without saying that a meta with this allowed is one where Mega Rayquaza is outclassed.

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Only thing I can think of is like full SpDef Necrozma-Mane setting Trick Room as counterplay (it might even need some anti-type berry like Occa too :blobpensive:)
Might be able to beat it with psychic stab in this scenario
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Eternatus Fire Blast (145 SpA) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 343-406 (86.1 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Definitely needs Occa, and I'm not even taking Max Flare into account.

How is national dex ladder gonna decide which mons learn the new TMs/TRs? Just not give them any at all? Latter is probably most likely, but it'll be off from what the true national dex ladder woulda been and that's sad. talking about the mons that are cut btw

This might be one of the few cases where pressure stall works since I'm pretty sure D Cannon has only 8 max PP. Dialga might be able to stall it out. Aegislash can take anything but an unboosted fire blast from it. Bulky Heatran would wall all three moves easily. In Galar meta, uh... Honestly don't know. Guess it'll depend on the moves the three steel Ubers have.

How is national dex ladder gonna decide which mons learn the new TMs/TRs? Just not give them any at all? Latter is probably most likely, but it'll be off from what the true national dex ladder woulda been and that's sad
They'll use their gen 7 sets.

If it gets Nasty Plot, Eternatus goes from strong to outright ridiculous. It might not have Devastating Drake to nuke, but it has a very reliable Dragon-type STAB move. It might not have Beast Boost to become unrevengable outside of priority, but it has the bulk to make many revenge killers not very reliable (and that's assuming it doesn't have a base Speed of at least 130, as it would otherwise stomp Ultra Necrozma as well).

If it gets Nasty Plot, you'll wish you had Naganadel in the dex instead.

This might be one of the few cases where pressure stall works since I'm pretty sure D Cannon has only 8 max PP. Dialga might be able to stall it out. Aegislash can take anything but an unboosted fire blast from it. Bulky Heatran would wall all three moves easily. In Galar meta, uh... Honestly don't know. Guess it'll depend on the moves the three steel Ubers have.
Firstly, do we have calcs on Heatran? I imagine even resisted Dynamax cannon will take a lot.

Secondly, what is Heatran going to do to it in return? It's immune to Toxic.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Do we know every Gigantamax form at this point? I need to find out if The King has a Gigantamax form yet. There’s high tension wires and a certain skyscraper that need knocking over.View attachment 204592
I still think there's more to see. We have no clue what Gigantamax Gengar looks like yet, and I still refuse to believe they'd make Garbodor the only non gen 1/8 Gigantamax, especially considering how much the distribution for regional variants has improved.

I feel like the datamine is long overdue at this point. Wasn't USUM's a good 10 days before launch? Meanwhile we're exactly one week out from release with possibly multiple people with the game in their hands and still nothing.

Firstly, do we have calcs on Heatran? I imagine even resisted Dynamax cannon will take a lot.

Secondly, what is Heatran going to do to it in return? It's immune to Toxic.
Heatran would wish it wore Heavy-Duty Boots. Or maxed Special Defense:

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Eternatus (160 SpA) Dynamax Cannon vs. 252 HP / 176+ SpD Heatran: 182-214 (47.1 - 55.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Eternatus (145 SpA) Dynamax Cannon vs. 252 HP / 176+ SpD Heatran: 169-199 (43.7 - 51.5%) -- 68% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

If anything, I feel like Ho-Oh might be one the best Pokémon on National Ubers.
Immunity to SR, great typing against Zacian and Zamazenta, and it has the bulk to not be OHKOed by +2 Eternatus, and probably can EVed to 2HKO with Earthquake (or just be offensive and OHKO with EQ).
The best Ubirb being one of the best Ubers? I’m game.

If anything, I feel like Ho-Oh might be one the best Pokémon on National Ubers.
Immunity to SR, great typing against Zacian and Zamazenta, and it has the bulk to not be OHKOed by +2 Eternatus, and probably can EVed to 2HKO with Earthquake (or just be offensive and OHKO with EQ).
Even with the lowest existing estimates (assuming symmetrical defenses), Adamant Ho-Oh cannot OHKO Eternatus with Earthquake. At least not without a Choice Band or Life Orb recoil.

252+ Atk Life Orb Ho-Oh Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def (140 HP / 95 Def / 95 SpD) Eternatus: 325-385 (77.1 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Still, Ho-Oh is going to be excellent in National Ubers. Wouldn't be surprised if it stole some roles from Primal Groudon.

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Even with the lowest existing estimates, Adamant Ho-Oh cannot OHKO Eternatus with Earthquake. At least not without a Choice Band or Life Orb recoil.

252+ Atk Life Orb Ho-Oh Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def (140 HP / 95 Def / 95 SpD) Eternatus: 325-385 (77.1 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Yeah, when I said offensive, I meant CB, as only the defensive would have immunity to rocks (but I think even CB can take one hit most of the time, it just would be vulnerable to hazards)

I feel like the datamine is long overdue at this point. Wasn't USUM's a good 10 days before launch? Meanwhile we're exactly one week out from release with possibly multiple people with the game in their hands and still nothing.
Previous datamines could happen before release because the preload for digital purchases was unencrypted. That's not the case on Switch, and breaking the encryption in a timely fashion requires resources not even the likes of the US or Chinese governments can muster.

The leakers could in theory dump their copies of the game, but that requires them to have jailbroken Switches, which is still nowhere near as accessible as the 3DS.

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
+2 252 SpA Eternatus Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ho-Oh: 364-430 (87.5 - 103.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

Remember? This thing will have access to Z-moves in National Dex and Z-Draco Meteor comes abominably close
That's assuming Draco Meteor tho, which it probably wouldn't want to have considering its exclusive STAB (and I think Zs aren't going to be avaliable on national metas, but that's beside the point). Still, a +2 LO from its signature deals a lot to it too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)