SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

trubbish

Banned deucer.
I'm pretty hopeful for Dubwool. Not only do I love its design, but its stats are looking to be pretty cool, too. 85 / 81 / 110 / 72 / 105 / 101 with fluffy would be really bulky and fairly fast, too. I also loved bulky normals like Snorlax and Porygon2 so I hope that it can live up to those expectations. Hopefully it gets some recovery. Like Horn Leech maybe? There is also the potential for some HA (though it'll be difficult to do better than Fluffy).
It probably won't end up being very good but I do have my hopes up.

I'm pretty hopeful for Dubwool. Not only do I love its design, but its stats are looking to be pretty cool, too. 85 / 81 / 110 / 72 / 105 / 101 with fluffy would be really bulky and fairly fast, too. I also loved bulky normals like Snorlax and Porygon2 so I hope that it can live up to those expectations. Hopefully it gets some recovery. Like Horn Leech maybe? There is also the potential for some HA (though it'll be difficult to do better than Fluffy).
It probably won't end up being very good but I do have my hopes up.
The only HA that could have sense flavorwise is Sap Sipper, which could be decent, considering it does have a decent attack... maybe with some luck, this thing might also learn Milk Drink and then we will have our new version of Miltank!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
What's the difference between TRs and TMs? Are the TRs learnable by every poke in game?
TMs function as they have since Gen 5 and can assumably be purchased with regular money or found in the overworld. TRs are the substitute for move tutors, essentially an extra set of 100 TMs that function as consumables like they did pre-gen 5 and can only be bought with a special currency known as Watts.

TMs function as they have since Gen 5 and can assumably be purchased with regular money or found in the overworld. TRs are the substitute for move tutors, essentially an extra set of 100 TMs that function as consumables like they did pre-gen 5 and can only be bought with a special currency known as Watts.
Although based on what's been revealed so far, a lot of the usual TMs are being downgraded to TRs. Meaning that you can easily teach pokemon some filler moves like Swift (a TM) but you'll have to grind watts to get Thunderbolt (now a TR).

So in a way we're back to the Gen 4 TM's.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Although based on what's been revealed so far, a lot of the usual TMs are being downgraded to TRs. Meaning that you can easily teach pokemon some filler moves like Swift (a TM) but you'll have to grind watts to get Thunderbolt (now a TR).

So in a way we're back to the Gen 4 TM's.
Yeah, there's been some weird changes. But still, I've seen stuff like U-Turn as a TM, so maybe there are just a few filler TMs

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I hope the leaker trains up the gift Charmander into Charizard so we can see if Gigantamax boosts any stats aside from HP.

Sinistea
Black Tea Pokemon
4"
.4 lbs
It absorbs the life-force of those who drink it. It waits patiently, but opportunities are fleeting-it tastes so bad that it gets spat out immediately.

Polteageist
Black Tea Pokemon
8"
.9 lbs
When angered, it launches tea from its body at the offender's mouth. The tea causes strong chills if swallowed.

So, would teatime trigger Belch? If so it would be quite fun if appletun could learn Belch. +2 Spa 120 Power Poison coverage sounds nice, even If perhaps gimmicky.

I would imagine it depends what gets it. With Smeargle and Eevium Z gone, it might well end up being manageable.
those two were not the main offenders at all. scolipede was and im not sure if its making a return. but at least some of the main receivers of the baton passes stats like manaphy xurkitree and magearna seem to have been axed so maybe baton pass could stay? who knows... too early to tell anyway. for all we know one of the new galar mons could have speed boost as a hidden ability and make it broken again

Going into the Gen 8 Smogon tiers is baton pass going to be quick banned, suspected, or allowed at the start?
I imagine it will be unbanned at first. Shell Smash or Eevium Z + Baton Pass isn't legal on anything (I think) as well as Smeargle + Scoliopede / Combusken.

Counter point is that the Eeveelutions all exist still so with Ninjask Baton Pass could still work.

I do hope it gets tested. idk what the result will be.

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Considering the fact that Nasty Plot is a TR this gen, I simply cannot imagine Eternatus not getting it. Honestly, if that were to be the case, I really can't see it sticking around in National Dex Uber itself, let alone Galarian Uber. Considering the lowest possible SpA stat this thing can have (145), it OHKO’s every single Supportceus with +2 Life Orb Dynamax Cannon after Stealth Rock or 1 layer of Spikes, except for Fairyceus and Steelceus which get KO’d by Sludge Wave and Fire Blast respectively. It also gets additional boosts from Max Ooze, to the point where even SpD Heatran and Chansey do not stand a chance of walling this thing. On top of that, it is so bulky that even without bulk investment, it has a chance of surviving invested Groundceus' Judgement, which, paired with its speed, makes it extremely hard to revenge kill (both MGar and Scarf Xern do not even come close). Does anyone have an idea of how to handle this thing? I am utterly lost

Last edited:
those two were not the main offenders at all. scolipede was and im not sure if its making a return. but at least some of the main receivers of the baton passes stats like manaphy xurkitree and magearna seem to have been axed so maybe baton pass could stay? who knows... too early to tell anyway. for all we know one of the new galar mons could have speed boost as a hidden ability and make it broken again
Scolipede is out, but Ninjask remains.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)