SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

Guys,

I just thought of something. You know how we can now teach pokemon egg moves without having to hatch a whole new egg, by just placing it in the daycare with a poke of the same species with the move you want? Imagine you have a Weavile bred in USUM, that has 4 egg moves when it hatched. Now imagine you transferred it to SW/SH, deleted one or more of those egg moves, and then put it in the daycare with another Weavile that has a different egg move than the 4 EM's the other weavile hatched with. Could you theoretically have a pokemon who could remember more than 4 egg moves from the move-relearner this way?

Guys,

I just thought of something. You know how we can now teach pokemon egg moves without having to hatch a whole new egg, by just placing it in the daycare with a poke of the same species with the move you want? Imagine you have a Weavile bred in USUM, that has 4 egg moves when it hatched. Now imagine you transferred it to SW/SH, deleted one or more of those egg moves, and then put it in the daycare with another Weavile that has a different egg move than the 4 EM's the other weavile hatched with. Could you theoretically have a pokemon who could remember more than 4 egg moves from the move-relearner this way?
I thought you could breed more than four egg moves onto a single pokemon since Gen VI when the mother was allowed to pass down moves as well, but I could be wrong. But what would the use of getting more than 4 egg moves onto a pokemon anyway? They can only ever have 4 at once

Guys,

I thought you could breed more than four egg moves onto a single pokemon since Gen VI when the mother was allowed to pass down moves as well, but I could be wrong. But what would the use of getting more than 4 egg moves onto a pokemon anyway? They can only ever have 4 at once
Even when the mother is able to pass down egg moves, the egg can only hatch with a max of 4 egg moves. Those moves are the relearnable ones from the tutor. If you have a father with 4 distinct egg moves, and then a mother with 4 DIFFERENT egg moves than the father, the egg will still only hatch with 4 moves. The other 4 are not relearnable (can someone fact check me on this statement?)

You could bypass that in SWSH theoretically, because you could take a mon with 4 EMs already and give it a whole other set of EMS with the new daycare system. Since the games have allowed ems to be remembered since Gen 6, you could have a mon with a wide array of possible moves which improves versatility and lessens breeding efforts.

Imagine you bred a lucario that had all the good physical and special egg moves it can learn, and you could switch it between a satker and a physical attacker just with evs and a mint.

EDIT: from bulbapedia:

If this would result in the baby possessing more than four moves, the moves take priority in the order listed: Volt Tackle, mother's Egg Moves, father's Egg Moves, TM and HM moves, inherited level-up moves, baby's default moveset. The moves passed down will be ordered on the baby Pokémon by the priority listed above.
Starting in Generation VI, the Move Reminder can teach any Pokémon hatched in a Generation VI game any move that it knew when it hatched, if it has forgotten it. Moves that can be taught this way due to inheriting them appear at the top of the Move Reminder's list. However, even if a Pokémon meets the requirements for more than four inherited moves, only the moves it knew when it hatched can be taught by the Move Reminder.

Last edited:

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Thanks to the mints now we can switch between physical champ and specs champ with ease, having two of its best sets in the same Pokémon with no need to breed 2 of them.
This caught me off guard. I'd forgotten about that. XD

On a serious note, it's pretty awesome if you realize you went for the wrong Nature after hatching a Shiny by chance, like Adamant instead of Jolly because you thought Speed Boost made starting speed less important. Wait... without Megas my Shiny Blaze Blaziken... I know it's not in the Galar Dex, but still... ;_; Maybe some day they'll make an Ability Capsule for Hidden Abilities? Please?

Edit: Only thing to rebreed for now is renameing a Pokemon after restarting the game it was born on. I speak from experience and it was worth it!
Edit 2: That probably isn't even needed either when you don't have to delete your main save to start over! You still can't change from Hidden/Non-Hidden abilities, (unless they changed the Ability Capsule) so there's still some reason to rebreed

Last edited:
Only thing to rebreed for now is renameing a Pokemon after restarting the game it was born on. I speak from experience and it was worth it!
If it didn't have a nickname to start with even that isn't necessary anymore
swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/gameplay/features-adventure

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
If it didn't have a nickname to start with even that isn't necessary anymore
swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/gameplay/features-adventure
I know, but it was already Nicknamed ScreamingEft. I wanted to rename my solar powered screaming lizard (Heliolisk) Lizardborn because it knew Dragon Pulse.

Also I forgot about rebreeding for Hidden/Non-Hidden abilities. Not sure how I didn't remember that immediately after morning my doubly screwed over Blaziken...

I realized something. If I'm not mistaken, Alolan Exeggutor is the "original" Pkm. If Galar and Unova are anything like England and America, I wonder which of the Galarian forms are truly the "original" form and were brought to Unova where they adapted to the environment? That's something I'm definitely looking forward as soon as I get the game.

If I'm not mistaken, Alolan Exeggutor is the "original" Pkm.
While Bulbapedia says "The people of Alola claim that Alolan Exeggutor is this Pokémon's true form" I can't get a citation on that so I suspect it's creative liberties by the writer when fusing the Sun and Ultrasun pokedex entries:

(from Sun) Alola is the best environment for this Pokémon. Local people take pride in its appearance, saying this is how Exeggutor ought to look.
(from Ultrasun) Exeggutor is the pride of the Alolan people. Its image is carved into historical buildings and murals.

So I'd say the games neither confirm nor deny that Alolan Exeggutor is the original one, they just say the Alolan residents prefer it. Unless the entries are different in Japanese. Since they are based on coconut trees and coconut trees are not native to Hawaii (polynesian voyagers brought them to the islands), I'm leaning towards not the original form.

As for Galarian forms, Weezing is a reference to the great London smog on 1952 so I'd suspect it's a recent mutation.

Last edited:
While Bulbapedia says "The people of Alola claim that Alolan Exeggutor is this Pokémon's true form" I can't get a citation on that so I suspect it's creative liberties by the writer when fusing the Sun and Ultrasun pokedex entries:

(from Sun) Alola is the best environment for this Pokémon. Local people take pride in its appearance, saying this is how Exeggutor ought to look.
(from Ultrasun) Exeggutor is the pride of the Alolan people. Its image is carved into historical buildings and murals.

So I'd say the games neither confirm nor deny that Alolan Exeggutor is the original one, they just say the Alolan residents prefer it. Unless the entries are different in Japanese.

As for Galarian forms, Weezing is a reference to the great London smog on 1952 so I'd suspect it's a recent mutation.
various pokedex entries also state that exeggutor originally came from the tropics, which is more evidence towards alolan exeggutor being exeggutor's original form. It's hard to say for sure though.

"Exeggutor originally came from the tropics. Its heads steadily grow larger from exposure to strong sunlight. It is said that when the heads fall off, they group together to form Exeggcute."

Can someone tell me which two were confirmed per page? That way we can see whether there are any spots left for possible G-Max

Gigantamax Alphabetical List:
Page 1: Note about the 3 Kanto Starters and Alcremie
Page 2: Applin line G-Max
Page: ?: Butterfree and Centiskorch
Charizard
Coalossal
Copperajah
Corviknight
Duraludon
Drednaw
Page ?: Eevee and Garbodor
Gengar
Grimmsnarl
Page ?: Hatterene and Kingler
Page ?: Lapras and Machamp
Meowth
Pikachu
Waitttt shit that means no G-max Hydreigon.
And since they are version-exclusive counterparts, no Godzilla TTar.

GF WHY

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Long hiatus, eh?

More TRs/TMs and relearner moves to come.

Eternamax Eternatus cannot be used in battle.

Appletun has a Gigantamax, but it is identical to Flapple's.

This makes me wonder if Pokemon from Dynamax Raids are guaranteed to carry TR moves since that Pangoro dropped what looked like its whole moveset. Plus, "Body Press" is a new move. What does it do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)