SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

So I am curious about one thing. How well does Cinderace hold up in competitive?
We won't know until we get its full movepool, but it seems like a fast physical Fire-type with some good coverage options. It will probably get some Fighting coverage in addition to what we've seen. Pyro Ball is a fantastic move, it's as strong as Flare Blitz but the lack of recoil means that Cinderace can actually abuse Blaze without KOing itself, and the Burn chance makes it risky for checks like Gyarados and Tyranitar to switch into.

If it gets some good utility options like Fake Out, U-turn, Baton Pass etc. I could see it being quite decent, at least in the Galar-dex only formats.

That would require a non-linear order. The lore makes perfect sense though, I really like it.
It would certainly open up the door for non-linear design, but the entire game needn't be nonlinear. For example, you might have to beat the first three gyms into order to gain access to the next four, then beat those four to gain access to the final gym.

I do wish this will happen, but I can only think of The Binding of Issac as a game with scaling bosses, but it is an optional boss. Are there any other games with scaling bosses like this, hopefully a big time triple a game, and I’m not talking difficulty levels.
Hollow Knight has a few bosses that get health boosts depending on how many times you've upgraded your weapon. I've also heard that Breath of Wild causes regular enemies to get stronger as you progress.

Hop's battle right before the 4th Gym has his ace at lv. 33

I'm honestly liking the level curve for this game so far. Even with the streamer blatantly overleveling the starter, the progression seems good. I think a 6 mon-team should be fine tbh.

Toxel evolves into Toxitricity at Lv. 30. Learns Spark on Evo. Streamer got Low Key (Purple) form.

Hop's battle right before the 4th Gym has his ace at lv. 33

I'm honestly liking the level curve for this game so far. Even with the streamer blatantly overleveling the starter, the progression seems good. I think a 6 mon-team should be fine tbh.

Toxel evolves into Toxitricity at Lv. 30. Learns Spark on Evo. Streamer got Low Key (Purple) form.
Can you post his Team at that point?

Calling box legendaries "pay to win" doesn't even makes sense when one of the main features of the games is trading and they do a lot of distributions for those legendaries too.
Getting online to trade or download event Pokemon used to be free and now won't be.
He caught *literally* every mon he came across.

That's some grinding and a half. The level curve is still up in the air.

Gigantamax doesn't seem to change stats. 4Chan leaker confirmed Charizard's G-Max form only increased HP.

That means Gigantamax only changes moves. That's it.

It adds a layer of choice imo, without breaking the initial idea of flexibility. Surprisingly good call from GF.

In fact, G-Max Zard is thoroughly inferior to Regular D-Max Zard unless its move's side effect also traps like Fire Spin instead of setting a Sea of Flames like the Pledge combo.
The move could just have higher base power and/or be a spread attack. Even without it, the side effect is most likely better in doubles since there will be a lot of options for getting rid of Sunny Day, but the G-Max move is guaranteed to set up some pretty good damage over time with just one use.

Bea. Leaker is playing Sword.
Lv. 34 Hitmontop
Lv. 34 Pangoro
Lv. 35 Sirfetch'd
Lv 36. Machamp (G-Max)

TM Reward is Revenge. Missed the number.

No idea of what Machamp's G-Max Move is.

The AI is quite possibly the worst I've ever seen.
3 turns of Max Moves. Not a single STAB. Even on neutral matchups.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Yes, all part of how the game is becoming more pay-to-win and how it will be much more expensive for less content than before.
That would be pay-to-play. If you need to pay to even play the game (online) and pay no more than that to do anything else, that's just pay to play. Pay-to-win means paying more money to give you higher chance of winning.

Last edited:
Opal.
Lv 36 Galarian Weezing.
Lv. 37 Togekiss
Lv. 37 Mawile
Lv. 38 Alcremie (G-Max)

G-Max Finale seems to heal 20% regardless of damage.

Can't vouch for the AI, but the Alcremie set looks pretty good.
Edit: Nvm, AI is pretty derpy.
Edit: Sorry for all the edits. TM Reward is Draining Kiss.

Wack af since you get the Dazzling Gleam TM waaaaaay earlier.

This is like the biggest mystery at the moment
I'm going to guess it changes forms when using Overdrive.

Could his form be based off using the signature move? I do think it could be like the sig move forms for the s&m legends, or it changes stats until it switches kinda like aegislash, finally it amps up after using charge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)