Gen 8 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trubbish

Banned deucer.
Cinderace is looking pretty .... :psywoke::psywoke::psywoke:
A rare reliable physical Fire STAB, great speed and the equivalent of Protean? With U-turn, Zen Headbutt, Iron Head, Gunk Shot, Low Sweep and Acrobatics.... seems like someone at Game Freak was missing Greninja, and unless I'm mistaken, this is basically a step up from Gren...

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Eternatus
Base Stats: 255.115.250.125.250.130 (BST: 1125)
Pure Hackmons is ruined

Zacian-2 looks broken if we ever get an ubers based meta that actually works. Amazing speed, attack, an ability that raises its attack 1.5x when it switches in, Iron Head and Play Rough as STABs, Close Combat as coverage.

Dragapult gets Spectral Thief in STABmons so should be pretty hot.

Ice Scales is Special Fur Coat, so we will actually have decent special walls in BH.

Return, Frustration, Pursuit, and Hidden Power are gone for some reason. idk how that happened. The TTar set I was terrified of in STABmons with that new Dark protect clone move that lowers def + Pursuit can't happen so maybe it's a good thing.

Protean rabbit gonna mess things up everywhere.

Obstagoon does NOT get Bellyspeed. This is probably a good thing.

Blastoise isnt the only new Shell Smasher; Polteageist looks fun to use

Gothitelle gets Nasty Plot so more fun with Shadow Tag lol
Also Gengar. Gengar gets Nasty Plot. Have fun kids.
And Mewtwo, which I've been saying for years should get it.
And Rotom

How, if at all, does this take Megas/Z-Moves and axed moves like Hidden Power and Pursuit into account?
Z moves and megas arent in the games code, and require items that don't exist, so presumably wont be in the all-dex metagame.

Kyurem not only gets Dragon Dance, it gets Icicle Spear! Bye bye Kyub.

Last edited:

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Every move that wasn't in the explicitly deleted move list appears to still be in the game. That means you can get V-Create and other classics in STABmons. Every ability, too, from the looks of it. The Galar Darmanitan with its built in band ability is going to be absurd

It's an incredibly bad idea to have a NatDex format without also having all the old moves brought over.

The audience for Galar Gen 8 is everyone that wants to play the game as-designed by Gamefreak. The audience for NatDex Gen 8 is everybody who wants all the content from past games plus new stuff.

There is no audience for all the mons but not all the moves. It's an unnecessary cut that appeals to nobody.

The buff to Multi-Attack has gotten me excited to play BH in the next generation. Zekrom in particular should be fun since it can fully take advantage of its much higher Attack stat with a higher base power STAB attack instead of needing to rely on Judgment coming from its less impressive Special Attack stat.

Zacian also looks fun. In its base form since it's pure Fairy, I'm interested in trying out a Poison Heal Coil set. Zacian-Sword form on the other hand looks extremely menacing if it's going to be able to retain its form like with Giratina-O, while holding a unique item. Considering that Steelworker and Sunsteel Strike still exist in the coding, a Banded set with its respectable bulk, massive base 170 Attack and extremely good speed tier at base 148, is looking like Kartana on steroids.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Ransei so how's Hackmons looking this gen?
1170 - Eternatus 1 (Stage: 3)
======
Galar Dex: #400
Base Stats: 255.115.250.125.250.130 (BST: 1125)
Neutralizing Gas - If the Pokémon with Neutralizing Gas is in the battle, the effects of all Pokémon’s Abilities will be nullified or will not be triggered.
All the sudden almost everything else is irrelevant. Might as well rename to Eternamons.
In all honestly we'll have to see how this thing works and if it can even be used in local matches by hacking. The only thing I even find remotely relieving about this mon's presence is its severe case of 4-Moveslot Syndrome. Right now I'm trying to figure out an effective way to have just one of these die when you could possibly have six...

I foresee the metagame beginning with loads of gimmicky experiments made to take this beast down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)