SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

trubbish

Banned deucer.
so now that the datamines are out, how long until the new mons get added onto showdown? really wanna start team building
Obviously I have no say in the matter, but I highly doubt that they would be added before the actual release of the game.

Gengar, Hydra, Rotom and Goth get Nasty Plot!
And thank god, Eternatus doesn't! Zacian gets Swords Dance, Zamazenta doesn't
Speaking of rotom- have all its formes been confirmed?

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Lol what makes you think it isnt going to switch out? It literally has no coverage to beat Tar at +2 except Giga Drain, which obviously doesn't do enough. It even lost the possibility of HP Fighting

Which is why the removal of Pursuit is huge, since Geist and Dragapult can freely switch out of dark types.
Just as any other type could switch out from TTar before? I don’t see why Ghosts and Psychics (2 not overpowered types) needed an arbitrary nerf from the existence of this move

Removing Hidden Power is so good. I can't be the only one who used it exclusively on Showdown and not in-game because getting the specific values needed for a specific type of HP through breeding was almost impossible

Edit: for anyone asking about Unown, if Nature Power still exists that is largely the same lore-wise

Last edited:
Nah. That's its full form -- it has a weakened Fairy-only form, and turns into the full Steel/Fairy form with a specific held item.
Based on the naming conventions (Eternatus 1 is the boss battle form that's unobtainable elsewhere), it's more likely that the item just gives the 'regular' Zacian and Zamazenta Steel typing rather than changing the stats as well.

Based on the naming conventions (Eternatus 1 is the boss battle form that's unobtainable elsewhere), it's more likely that the item just gives the 'regular' Zacian and Zamazenta Steel typing rather than changing the stats as well.
All alternate forms have that naming convention, and we have already seen Zamazenta get the stat changes in a player's hands from holding the item.

Eternatus (dunno what form): 255/115/250/125/250/130

this is absolutely terrifying
Mega Ray has a new friend in AG, oh, wait.
Nevermind. Kaphotics's latest pastebin shows Happiness evos are still in.
Happiness evos don't affect competitive. We had some issues at tournaments where we had both players with digital versions and had to trade the team of one of them to a cart game to be able to setup streaming. The stream was delayed because the person had a Return Snorlax and the cartridge didn't have enough happiness berries to max it. They probably thought of something like this, but also for rental teams.
VGC is run by the Pokemon company while Gamefreak makes the games. Both entities are pretty much independent. There's no reason to believe that Gamefreak gives a shit about VGC any more than it cares about the trading card game.

Evidence for this is how barren the games are for any single player doubles content outside of gimmicks like raids or SOS battles. Just because doubles battle spot has similar (but not identical) rules to VGC doesn't mean the game is specifically being balanced with it in mind.
TPC is partly owned by Game Freak. They know what's bad on VGC and balance the game focusing specifically on championship play, not single player per se.

TPC is partly owned by Game Freak. They know what's bad on VGC and balance the game focusing specifically on championship play, not single player per se.
1/3rd owned but both are independent entities.

I'm not saying Gamefreak is ignorant to VGC, just that we shouldn't be surprised when we see singles focused balance changes as well as VGC. Gamefreak isn't biased.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)