SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

So for the sake of talking about pokemon no one else is, lets take a quick look at Sandaconda's ability. At first, Sand Spit seems like a worse sand stream, but then I realized that it will always win the weather war this way. If a hail, sun, or rain team tries to sweep, one touch and suddenly their weather timer has run out, leaving their set up mon high and dry. Combine with new sand rush users of dracovish and dracozolt, and you can easily turn the tides. 72/125/70 aint bad either, and while it may long for recovery, between this, ttar and hippowdon, there is no end to ways to keep your sand teams from dominating

I'm not sure if this posted, but Bulbagarden has a full list of exclusives:

Sword:

Seedot line
Swirlix line
Scraggy line
Sawk
Passimian
Rufflet line
Solrock
Mawile
Gothita line
Deino line
Jangmo-o line
Stonjourner
Farfetch'd line
Darumaka line

Shield:

Lotad line
Spritzee line
Croagunk line
Throh
Oranguru
Vullaby line
Lunatone
Sableye
Solosis line
Larvitar line
Goomy line
Eiscue
Ponyta line
Corsola line

70 speed is a great stat for a bulky mon. Allows it to outpace other fat mons and gives it the option to creep slow speed wallbreakers.
Unfortunately, for a mon with an ability designed around powering up its allies, having that bad of a special defense stat hurts it.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Sword:

Seedot line
Swirlix line
Scraggy line
Sawk
Passimian
Rufflet line
Solrock
Mawile
Gothita line
Deino line
Jangmo-o line
Stonjourner
Farfetch'd line
Darumaka line

Shield:

Lotad line
Spritzee line
Croagunk line
Throh
Oranguru
Vullaby line
Lunatone
Sableye
Solosis line
Larvitar line
Goomy line
Eiscue
Ponyta line
Corsola line
Woah, woah, woah...

Drampa ISN'T Shield exclusive? I CAN CATCH HIM, SIRFETCH'D AND KOMMO-O IN THE SAME GAME?!

Sword:

Seedot line
Swirlix line
Scraggy line
Sawk
Passimian
Rufflet line
Solrock
Mawile
Gothita line
Deino line
Jangmo-o line
Stonjourner
Farfetch'd line
Darumaka line

Shield:

Lotad line
Spritzee line
Croagunk line
Throh
Oranguru
Vullaby line
Lunatone
Sableye
Solosis line
Larvitar line
Goomy line
Eiscue
Ponyta line
Corsola line
Woah, woah, woah...

Drampa ISN'T Shield exclusive? I CAN CATCH HIM, SIRFETCH'D AND KOMMO-O IN THE SAME GAME?!
I'm not sure that list is complete, I indeed only find Drampa on the Shield pastebin, and Turtonator only in Sword's. (I suppose it's possible it's a trade, but not sure where Bulbagarden got their list if not from Kaphotics' pastebins?)

(Sorry to burst your bubble)

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the Pikachu you get as a LGP save bonus does *not* have Partner Pikachu stats. But we actually have Zekrom in the game and it got a major viability buff, which makes up for that. :p

I wanted so much to use Centiskorch outside of a gym collecting team, but like others I am having trouble figuring out a set to even use for the in-game battle tower. I certainly never expected to have more ideas for Rapidash than for Centiskorch, I can't believe that the fire centipede doesn't get Swords Dance or Agility or any form of priority. Coil would be nice if it was faster, but as it is it seems like unless I can set up on something slow that doesn't threaten it, it won't get much use out of the move.

I mean I guess one could get some mileage out of a Coil, Fire Lash/Flare Blitz, Leech Life, Power Whip defensive set, but I just don't know if it would pack enough power after a Coil to accomplish much. I guess there's always Trick Room, but I've never been good at using it, and Centiskorch would still probably need a turn or two to set up even then.

I'm curious too just what Dubwool is supposed to do in battle. It seems built to be fairly bulky, but its moves don't enable it to accomplish much itself while on the field, i.e. no hazard setting moves or moves or status inflicting moves. I guess it could Baton Pass a Cotton Guard or Swords Dance boost to something. And dang it has a small movepool, makes me wish it not using its horns for battle wasn't part of its lore.

Are there any known differences of raid battles other than difficulty? And Pokemon can drop TRs 100% of the time. I thought TRs were single use?

flapple is underrated but i'll give calcs
can't hit steels? pff
+1 252 Atk Draco Plate Hustle Flapple Outrage (140BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Copperajah: 382-450 (85.2 - 100.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 Atk Draco Plate Hustle Flapple Outrage (140BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ferrothorn: 184-217 (52.2 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
ferrothorn can't do much against an already dynamaxed Flapple:
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. +2 0 HP / 0 Def Zweilous: 103-123 (36.1 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (i'm too lazy to look up Flapple's stats but Zwilious is close enough)
sure it just 2kos melmetal but melmetal is potentially banworthy, also can recieve team support on taking out Doublade and the other steels
this is also before a potential grav apple, which lowers defense

and it can set up on... um... specs keldeo? more passive mons hate it

So is there a way I can get a gist of what the story is like? Is it a more basic plot like with Kalos or Kanto? Is it a plot that tries to be deeper like with Sinnoh or Unova?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)