SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

It's already on Gen 5 and they'll be out of updates in a few years. But if GF keeps pumping out new generations (partially explaining the need to "never" have a full Dex again as they'd rather focus on adding new things instead of ensuring all the old things get in), PoGO will have all the ammo it needs to live far into the future and continue making millions thanks to whales who devour micro transactions like plankton.
I don’t think they will do that because they have to stay in line with the anime as well as the cards, and the manga, so go will just have to wait. But different evil teams being added is feasible.

It's not about "why can't they." It's about "why should they?" As depressing as that sounds, they want a reason why they should waste more money on budget if there's little to zero gain in sales. MAYBE the "boycott" will work and show them that they need more men on deck, but probably not. When cheap money-making game's like Pokemon GO exist, which outsell main series games ten times over every year, it's hard to explain why you need a bigger team to the investors, and pitching it as a "project out of love" isn't going to touch a business man's heart usually.
Something to think about though is that Pokemon didn't become Pokemon from doing what they're doing now. The old games had a magic that stayed with kids forever and made them life long fans, strengthening the brand even if they were no longer the target audience. Pokemon Go only makes what it makes because of the goodwill and nostalgia associated with the Pokemon brand. It would've never become a phenomenon without it. They can make bank now because Pokemon is an institution, and probably can for years to come, but it won't last forever. Pokemon isn't going away anytime soon but it won't stay at the top of the heap if they can't keep the magic going.

If they actually make decent games and do more than the bare minimum, they could keep grabbing young fans and old fans alike and keep them entrenched in the Pokemon fandom. Merch, Pokemon Go, the anime, whatever, we'll take all of it. But without the magic of the games can those things stand on their own forever? Or will they just survive off the previous legacy of the franchise? The games are still wildly popular among kids and a proven formula to make shitloads of money though so :jynx:

I think Creatures got absorbed by GF or the Pokémon Company between gen 5 and 6
They are very much still their own studio, they just mostly do Pokemon stuff

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatures_(company)

Creatures is in fact the company most responsible for modeling Pokemon! Not Game Freak!

As for TPC, "It was established through a joint investment by the three businesses holding the copyright on Pokémon: Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures, with each of them having part of the shares of Pokémon Company due to this.", it's TPC that has a three-way split. Ishihara is the chair of Creatures and president of TPC which kind of confuses matter a little

So with the release creeping up, do we have confirmation if the extra 35, the Gen 1 and Gen 7 starters and legendary and whatnot are going to be in the main game at launch? Or are those confimred for events or Home?

So with the release creeping up, do we have confirmation if the extra 35, the Gen 1 and Gen 7 starters and legendary and whatnot are going to be in the main game at launch? Or are those confimred for events or Home?
All we know is that they're in the game files, and that there's no spawn for them.

I am afraid there's no crystal ball to know if they had planned events for them, or if they're stuck in limbo until Home (same goes for Alola forms and base forms of Galar variants).

All we know is that they're in the game files, and that there's no spawn for them.

I am afraid there's no crystal ball to know if they had planned events for them, or if they're stuck in limbo until Home (same goes for Alola forms and base forms of Galar variants).
Sounds like they're events or Home exclusive for sure then. Unless no spawn means they can be given by NPCs.

Do we have encounter conditions or locations for Gigantamax versions yet? Wondering how many soft resets it will take, and were to start.... XD

Do we have encounter conditions or locations for Gigantamax versions yet? Wondering how many soft resets it will take, and were to start.... XD
Sorta. Gigamax is a % chance on raids of tier 4 and 5 (or just 5, not sure).
Increased chance during events (es, they said Butterfree gigamax raids will be more common during first few weeks)
So you'd just have to go through the list of the tier 5 raids, locate the gigamaxable pokemon you want, and spam that one.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
a special system making the Pokemon's eyes/head/neck follow the player's hand
this is extremely easy to implement

the physics engine for the wind that affects the foliage and clothing and flags in the game
there is no physics engine, the models are just playing different animations. One for "still" and one for "windy", and the flag can just be rotated to point in the right direction

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
The new theory is that Toxtricity's form is set based on whether your Switch is in docked mode or handheld mode at the time it evolves. After Malamar, it makes sense that they would want to keep up the theme of showing off an evolution method based on "Look what our console can do!"

You can't say it's not in flavor for this case, and it beats having to reset for innate nature when the whole game seems to be structured around making that irrelevant anymore.
People on /vp/ have tried this and many other things and nature was the only one that had consistent results

How do you think Zacian would fare in NatDex meta? Would he be still so OP, with things like P-don around? And what about a VGC-esque meta like 2019?

How do you think Zacian would fare in NatDex meta? Would he be still so OP, with things like P-don around? And what about a VGC-esque meta like 2019?
Yes. If a GS cup were to exist, Zacian would most definitely be a top pick. While I’m not sure if it would be cancerous as Xerneas. it still would be a top pick thanks to amazing Spd and Attack, not to mention a free band boost when it comes in. In fact, I wonder if those previous Box Legends are in because GF is planning a GS cup in the future.

Do we know if we can get multiple of Applin's evolution items? If we can't then Flapple and Appletun become the most exclusive version-exclusives (excluding box legendaries) ever

The new theory is that Toxtricity's form is set based on whether your Switch is in docked mode or handheld mode at the time it evolves. After Malamar, it makes sense that they would want to keep up the theme of showing off an evolution method based on "Look what our console can do!"

You can't say it's not in flavor for this case, and it beats having to reset for innate nature when the whole game seems to be structured around making that irrelevant anymore.
Considering switch lite can't be docked that has a 0% chance of being true.

I feel like this game's story is the result of me wishing on a monkey's paw back in Gen 6.

After Team Flare proved to have way too serious a goal for how inept and comical 95% of them came across I wanted a story that was less serious villain Team Rocket style. But I still wanted a story!

Because Team Yell is the absolute worst "evil" team bar none, just some rowdy fans with no story significance whatsoever. And this is coming off of Team Skull which is one of the best villains in a while (not super serious but also darkly sympathetic and involved in someone's evil plot).

Just adds to the feeling that this game really is hollow: they cut out the challenges, they've cut off half the pokedex, they've cut mechanics, they've cut off dungeons and routes, they've cut the elite four (now just returning gym leaders), so it's no surprise that what little passes for a pokemon game story gets cut as well.

And for all these cuts I just wonder if we got anything in return? A few new pokemon (which admittedly some are cool) but all this for dynamaxing and a bare-bones wild area?

To say one nice thing, I think taking the gym leader challenge and turning into a sports competition was a good choice and the soundtrack has a bunch of bangers. It's just beyond the crust this game seems really hollow.

I feel like this game's story is the result of me wishing on a monkey's paw back in Gen 6.

After Team Flare proved to have way too serious a goal for how inept and comical 95% of them came across I wanted a story that was less serious villain Team Rocket style. But I still wanted a story!

Because Team Yell is the absolute worst "evil" team bar none, just some rowdy fans with no story significance whatsoever. And this is coming off of Team Skull which is one of the best villains in a while (not super serious but also darkly sympathetic and involved in someone's evil plot).

Just adds to the feeling that this game really is hollow: they cut out the challenges, they've cut off half the pokedex, they've cut mechanics, they've cut off dungeons and routes, they've cut the elite four (now just returning gym leaders), so it's no surprise that what little passes for a pokemon game story gets cut as well.

And for all these cuts I just wonder if we got anything in return? A few new pokemon (which admittedly some are cool) but all this for dynamaxing and a bare-bones wild area?

To say one nice thing, I think taking the gym leader challenge and turning into a sports competition was a good choice and the soundtrack has a bunch of bangers. It's just beyond the crust this game seems really hollow.
And they had the nerve to say, try and make this the “ ultimate “ Pokémon game...

Anyone have the stats for the Gigantamax forms? They posted the heights and Dex info in the promos but there is no information for them in the pastebins...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)