Max Raid Discussion Thread

Are we certain that every HA outside of starters is available? There are some Pokemon like Gothita that I can't find on the rare spawns list, and I think it's only rare beams that are capable of having their HA.

Am I also right in thinking that a yellow background on the raid indicates HA chance?

Are we certain that every HA outside of starters is available? There are some Pokemon like Gothita that I can't find on the rare spawns list, and I think it's only rare beams that are capable of having their HA.

Am I also right in thinking that a yellow background on the raid indicates HA chance?
Not true. I got Gastrodon, Corviknight, and Obstagoon in red ones. Finding HAs is sooo obnoxious though, because you need to have a people to do a raid with you, and the chances of finding one seem to be slim, so if you don't get one, you'll have to find the same Pokemon and gather the same people again.

Not true. I got Gastrodon, Corviknight, and Obstagoon in red ones. Finding HAs is sooo obnoxious though, because you need to have a people to do a raid with you, and the chances of finding one seem to be slim, so if you don't get one, you'll have to find the same Pokemon and gather the same people again.
Wait, so you need to have people to do raids with you to have HA pokes?
Kind of sure that is not true since I caught things like HA Milotic (out of many things……) when solo

Kind of sure that is not true since I caught things like HA Milotic (out of many things……) when solo
yeah, i saw a flame body centiskorch solo as well (heatmor AI kept using flame lash into it :))) )

also, does anyone know if moves like behemoth blade / bash and dynamax cannon don't get the 100% boost vs targets that are gigantamaxed? we just fought a 5 star gmax centiskorch and dynamax cannon seemed to do an underwhelmingly small amount of damage to it

Sorry, whet I meant was for hunting for higher level raids like Goodra with its HA you will need someone.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Well, for starters, Toxic is worthless (or near worthless) because it gets cleared pretty quickly whenever they use that move that undoes stat changes on your party. So at most you get 2~3 weak ticks off. Also, I think it's been confirmed that anything that does % damage is based off of the base hp of the raid boss, not the scaled up raid boss. Of the things listed, the only one that likely does enough damage to be effective is Ghost Curse, but I haven't tested yet if that gets cleared or not.
I tried Ghost Type Curse and it did next to nothing, like maybe Sandstorm/Hail amount. Not worth it unless you're using one of the Grass/Ghost Types and are also using Leech Seed... On second thought, just grinding a Pokemon to Level 100 Pokemon and annihilating everything is probably an even better idea.

On the bright side, I can confirm that using just Leech Seed can be good enough to beat a solo 5 Star Raid... if you get allies like Drought Torkoal, Jolteon, and Heatmor and the Pokemon you face is something weak like Dusclops. Oh, and some luck with Wild Pokemon's RNG AI helped. :P

yeah, i saw a flame body centiskorch solo as well (heatmor AI kept using flame lash into it :))) )

also, does anyone know if moves like behemoth blade / bash and dynamax cannon don't get the 100% boost vs targets that are gigantamaxed? we just fought a 5 star gmax centiskorch and dynamax cannon seemed to do an underwhelmingly small amount of damage to it
They do work on Gmax stuff, but Gmax mons tend to have such huge HP pools even Dmax cannon would take a huge amount of effort to punch through

Against stuff that has 4x weaknesses and the legendaries have trouble dealing with Sivally with the appropriate disc is decent enough, but Max Multi Attack is underwhelming in BP especially compared to pre-Max

Is RNG possible in Switch? At least for raid spawns. I just found out that spawns are fixed after every local reset. What I did:
1.) Save before last raid mon
2.) Finish the raid
3.) Check the new spawns
4.) Reset and repeat

After resetting, the spawns remain the same. Not sure if this is already mentioned or if this will be relevant for anything, but I think it's worth to share. (EDIT: This also has been mentioned in the Discord group)

After many hours, was able to pull out a Gmax Lapras raid today. Servers were super buggy, but caught it with a Nest Ball although im not sure exactly how to build her, she's definitely gonna be on my online teams

After many hours, was able to pull out a Gmax Lapras raid today. Servers were super buggy, but caught it with a Nest Ball although im not sure exactly how to build her, she's definitely gonna be on my online teams
Probably just as bulky support with spatk investment? It's too slow to be used as purely offensive, but you also want to dynamax it so might as well have the spatk to do some damage while setting veil.

How does Endeavor interact with Max Raid bosses? Can the FEAR strategy be used?
Endeavour works by dealing damage to make up the difference. I think it tracks what the difference between 1 and its appropriate amount of base HP if it weren't Dynamaxed would be, and applies that amount of damage.

You still have the HP thresholds for the barriers, though, so this wouldn't accomplish much.

hey guys quick question: i am experiencing connection problems when trying to join a dyna raid as well as not getting others to help m with mine. i already checked on google but didnt find any solution. was anyone experiencing the same and has a solution please? (my internet is fine, obviously) is there some particular setting or so that i might need to change before being able to access those online features? wonder trade works, tho slow af. link trade does not.

so from what i can gather i believe that when you try to catch a pokemon in a max raid the catch rate of the pokemon is double what it would be at 1 hp with no status

my friends throwing ultra balls at ditto a bunch of times yielded around roughly a 60-80% catch rate which ditto's catch chance being 35% at 1 hp on an ultra ball

repeat ball for me has not failed yet and seems to support this as the catch rate of a wild ditto is 55% at 1hp on repeat ball and double that would be well over 100%

I think they can only be hosted by people who have beaten the game. I haven't beaten the game and I've played in many Gigantimax raids. You might need to have higher level Pokemon. Gigantimax raid bosses are normally level 40-70.
Nope, I just ran into a 5star den after only beating 8 gyms and not dealing with the champion cup at all yet. Had a Gigantimax orbeetle which I obviously couldn’t fight myself so I hosted a raid and people came in to stomp it and try to catch it.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I'm fairly sure it's after gym 8 that the full raids open (and raids below 3* stop spawning)
3 Stars still spawn after 8th Gym and even Champion. I keep on getting 3 Star Pumpkaboo when trying for Cursed Body Corsola...

Edit: I missed the word below.

Last edited:
Kind of wondering if Shield's Zamazenta is the best pokemon for those going solo, as it gets both Wide Guard and Beheamoth Bash. Since after a certain point it doesn't matter how strong your pokemon are, but more managing barrier piercing with keeping your allies alive (yes I know wide guard isn't perfect but at least you'll avoid complete team wipes). So Zamazenta seems a bit better than Zacian in that regard, and perhaps even Eternatus.

The only drawbacks to it as opposed to Silvally is it can't Dynamax so hope the AI will at least break barrers for you, and since Beheamoth Bash is steel-type and Zamazenta has a shallow offensive movepool there are some raids it won't perform well in.

But I don't have Shield so I don't know for sure.

Kind of wondering if Shield's Zamazenta is the best pokemon for those going solo, as it gets both Wide Guard and Beheamoth Bash. Since after a certain point it doesn't matter how strong your pokemon are, but more managing barrier piercing with keeping your allies alive (yes I know wide guard isn't perfect but at least you'll avoid complete team wipes). So Zamazenta seems a bit better than Zacian in that regard, and perhaps even Eternatus.
Sadly even the extra damage from the legendaries signature moves isn't enough to just solo raids specifically due to the barrier mechanics. Even at lvl 100, against fully evolved raids, you don't have enough dmg to kill them alone through barriers.
edit for clarification: I'm referring to fully evolved raids with 5-6 barriers. Weaker t5 raids can be bruteforced.

So far I do not consider trading in the Dynamax for breaking 2 shields at once worth the extra raw damage the 3 legendaryes do. Different is if you're duoing, as in that case one person can dynamax while the other provides the raw dmg with one of the leges.

WideGuard sadly isn't really reliable. Even against raids who do have AoE attacks, they also every 2-3 attacks use dinamax moves which are *still* going to oneshot someone else (+ potentially set Sand in case of Max-RockSlide, killing also the sash using AIs).

On that note, against certain ground types that do not have Rock coverage, you can almost hardwall them with FollowMe Togekiss and give the AI more time to do damage that way.
Also, prankster Charm and similar -2 attack or spatk effects (from Grimmsnarl or Sableye or similar mons) can be used on turn 1 to mitigate lot of the damage from certain specific raids.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)