Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1016176489
https://gofile.io/?c=AVbTPr

The simulator wouldn't let me Dynamax, even tho the option to dynamax was avaliable and I hadn't dynamaxed yet
I tried dynamaxing on turn 29 and 31, but my counter kept going down

Turn 29
[Invalid choice] Can't move: You can only Dynamax once per battle.
[Invalid choice] There's nothing to cancel

Turn 31
Ambipom is a crime has 120 seconds left.

Mew's IV spread keeps getting set to "min Atk" which is not valid for gen 8 (Mew must have at least 6 perfect IVs to be from its event #26), so i have to keep manually resetting it.
Setting it to "max All" doesn't help, it just defaults back to "min Atk".

Reproduction:
Put a Mew on a gen 8 OU team, insert 4 non-physical moves, guess spread, set IV spreads to "max All". At this point the Mew is valid.
Then, with any Pokemon in the team (Mew included), go into the move picker (click on a move to change it). Mew will snap back to "min Atk", which is invalid for gen 8 OU.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1016223363

Turn 9

Cramorant used Hurricane!
A critical hit!
(The opposing Ferrothorn lost 56% of its health!)

The opposing Ferrothorn used Gyro Ball!
It's not very effective...
(The opposing Ferrothorn lost 19% of its health!)
[The opposing Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs]
Cramorant was hurt!
(Cramorant lost 49.1% of its health!)

The opposing Ferrothorn fainted!
☆sandrushexcadrill: GULP{

Rungey sent out Rotom (Rotom-Wash)!

My cramorant used hurricane a special move on ferrothorn and took 49% of recoil?

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Bug report: substitute is implemented incorrectly with Dynamaxing. If you Dynamax, your existing substitute will go away; however, on PS the substitute stays. I discovered this in BSS when I dynamaxed Corviknight and was suspectable to a Ferrothorns leech seed because my substitute got removed upon Dynamaxing.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1016223363

Turn 9

Cramorant used Hurricane!
A critical hit!
(The opposing Ferrothorn lost 56% of its health!)

The opposing Ferrothorn used Gyro Ball!
It's not very effective...
(The opposing Ferrothorn lost 19% of its health!)
[The opposing Ferrothorn's Iron Barbs]
Cramorant was hurt!
(Cramorant lost 49.1% of its health!)

The opposing Ferrothorn fainted!
☆sandrushexcadrill: GULP{

Rungey sent out Rotom (Rotom-Wash)!

My cramorant used hurricane a special move on ferrothorn and took 49% of recoil?
The 49.1% is just the standard damage from the Gyro Ball hit, just a bit unclear at the moment. The weird thing is Gulp Missile's shot triggering the Iron Barbs. For me, it activated Rowap when a special move was used, so seems like it could be treating the category as whatever activated Gulp Missile.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
From your statement afterwards, I'm assuming you tried to use Snipe Shot on a Storm Drain Gastrodron and had it activate Storm Drain. Note that the "ignores abilities that draw in moves" is referring to the redirectional effect of Storm Drain in doubles, not the actual absorption of Water-type moves. This means it functionally doesn't do anything in singles.
This made me cry on the inside.

Unintended behavior in the interaction between Intimidate and Neutralizing Gas
Check turn 7 of this battle. When the Weezing dies, both the Mawile and Hitmontop gets to intimidate again without having to rejoin the battle. Idk if this is supposed to happen or not, but even it so, it definitely shouldn't happen twice. Both Mawile and Hitmontop did 2 intimidates when Weezing died and they got their ability back.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randomdoublesbattle-1016344944

I think it is worth going over if Custap Berry is available in the game at this moment, because I keep hearing that it is coded yet it has not been obtainable. It would probably be safe to assume it is unreleased and should not be available in PS.

Ditto vs. Zacian / Zamazenta interaction seem to not be working properly, as Ditto should copy +1 Attack / +1 Defense from Zacian's Intrepid Sword / Zamazenta's Intrepid Shield and activate the ability again, but that's not how they are working in PS right now.

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Unintended behavior in the interaction between Intimidate and Neutralizing Gas
Check turn 7 of this battle. When the Weezing dies, both the Mawile and Hitmontop gets to intimidate again without having to rejoin the battle. Idk if this is supposed to happen or not, but even it so, it definitely shouldn't happen twice. Both Mawile and Hitmontop did 2 intimidates when Weezing died and they got their ability back.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randomdoublesbattle-1016344944
Thats what happens in the games. The intimidate happening beforehand is a bug, though

The 49.1% is just the standard damage from the Gyro Ball hit, just a bit unclear at the moment. The weird thing is Gulp Missile's shot triggering the Iron Barbs. For me, it activated Rowap when a special move was used, so seems like it could be treating the category as whatever activated Gulp Missile.
Yh that makes more sense. In any case the way the info if given should be reworded.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
VGC 2017 is behaving as if it's a Generation 8 format right now, which is making it unusable.

1574693711020.png

Tapu Bulu @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Grassy Surge
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 52 Def / 4 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Bulk Up
- Protect

Persian-Alola (M) @ Mago Berry
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Foul Play
- Fake Out
- Parting Shot
- Screech

Gyarados @ Waterium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Protect

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 220 HP / 76 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Substitute
- Detect

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 212 HP / 20 Atk / 156 Def / 116 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Iron Defense
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Nihilego @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Power Gem
- Substitute
- Protect

So something interesting happened between a draft league me and my friends had. During a battle, we had a 0 spatk pelliper scald crit ohko a 0/0 tapu koko, but the calc said it shouldn't have ohkod (0 SpA Pelipper Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko in Rain on a critical hit: 237-279 (84.3 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)

Battle replay Turn 9 is where the ohko happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)